Start by marking “Love” as Want to Read:
Love

Love

From award-winning author Stacy McAnulty comes a sweet story about love and what it's really all about.

What is love? Can you only express it in fancy meals, greeting cards, and heart-shaped chocolates? Kids will find love everywhere in this delightful book. It can be found in everyday moments such as baking cookies with grandma, notes from Mom in your lunchbox, or a famil
Published December 4th 2018 by Running Press Kids

To ask other readers questions about Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love

Calista
A simple story with a very simple, yet powerful message for beginning young kids 2-4. I very much enjoyed the artwork in this. It is really a little too simple, but what is here does ring true. Love is the simple things that we can all do.

The niece said this was for babies and gave it 1 star and the nephew thought it was young too, but he gave it 3 stars.
Juli
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every year right after Christmas the commercialized Valentine's Day stuff appears in stores. Red and pink everywhere. Cute, mushy, suggestive. The word love splashed everywhere. But love isn't chocolates, cupcakes, bright greeting cards, stuffed animals or dinner out. It's so much more....

Stacy McAnulty's book about love shows that love is in everyday things....in our actions, words and caring for others. The illustrations carefully teach a lesson that love has nothing to do with a commercialize
Abigail
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
American author Stacy McAnulty and Dutch illustrator Joanne Lew-Vriethoff, who previously collaborated on Brave and Beautiful , join forces again in this new picture-book examination of love. Describing all the things love requires, from bouquets of flowers to the finest chocolates, and all the ways in which it comes, the simple text here is paired with colorful artwork depicting a diverse range of children enacting their love...

Somehow, despite enjoying this team's Brave , I wasn't as wowed
Stacie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
There are so many ways to show love and kindness to others. McAnulty continues her BRAVE and BEAUTIFUL books with one that focuses on love and how to share it in the simplest ways. Love can be a fancy dinner, even if it is just for your dog, some artwork for a teacher, sharing a chocolate chip while making cookies, or that first hug with your new baby sister. Love comes in many forms and is shared in many ways throughout our days. This simple book is a wonderful way to teach our youngest childre ...more
Vera Godley
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shortly, Valentine's Day will be front and center and kiddies will be filling out little Valentine cards for classmates. Sweethearts will rack their brains to find a special way to show their "love" for their sweetheart. Husbands will descend upon florists, sellers of chocolates, and card displays hopeful of getting the just right item to tell their wife he loves her. And the story of love and Valentine go on and on. But just what IS LOVE, really?

The author and illustrator have shown in this bea
Kristi Bernard
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Expressing love can be done in so many ways. This colorfully illustrated story has kids from every walk of life sharing how they show love to someone in need and especially for someone they care about. A young pup gets a fancy meal served with a flower. A girl gets art drawn on her cast and a diverse family share a sing-a-long in a car.

There is more to love than we can ever imagine and when it’s shared it makes people feel happy and they know they are not alone. This story is great for beginner
Aeicha
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stacy McAnulty’s LOVE is an absolutely beautiful and timely picture book that celebrates the power, beauty, and grace of love in all its forms. With the sweetest and simplest prose McAnulty manages to convey so much goodness and heart. Lew-Vriethoff's illustrations perfectly capture the book’s huggable sentiments and feature such a lovely diverse cast of characters. Readers of all ages will be delighted by LOVE and moved by his heartwarming message.
Elizabeth
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Love LOVE this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!

What is love to you? Is it hugs, gifts, or maybe spending time with family and friends?

This sweet little book focuses on love, in all its many forms; from baking with family and friends to gifting or sharing chocolates, gathering flowers for someone to make them smile to drawing greeting cards, and maybe even just leaving someone a special message. There are many ways to express and share love!

I was happy t
Marcie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointed. Not sure why. Perhaps illus did’t turn me on. Perhaps I was put off by the phrase Love needs special presents and designer greeting cards. All I could think of, was that the key to love was that it didn’t need anything. The illus were so inclusive that they seemed forced. I did like the illus for Love comes in the shape of a heart. Sorry because I usually LOVE Stacy McAnulty.
Baby Bookworm
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello, friends! Our book today is Love, written by Stacy McAnulty and illustrated by Joanne Lew-Vriethoff, an ode to ways of feeling and expressing love.

What is love? What does it look like? Like a fancy meal or a designer card? Is it expensive gifts or fancy dinners? What do we mean when we say it happens at first sight? And how can we express it to the people who matter to us? A gloriously diverse cast of characters show the reader that love comes in many forms, and that there is no way too bi
Liz
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Perhaps a bit sentimental, but fairly inclusive and with a positive message when read cohesively. Caretakers reading the book to young children will have a lot of opportunity to talk about the text of the book as opposed to what is happening in the pictures. When I first approached the book I assumed I was going to find it trite, and I was pleasantly surprised with the book and its message of love. I would certainly consider using it for a story time.
Megan
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Major LOVE for this book by @stacymcanulty! I LOVE how the illustration don’t match the very typical (and somewhat cliche?sometimes consumeristic?) idea of showing love. This is the perfect book for Valentine’s Day ... and for helping kids recognize and give LOVE in many regular ordinarily awesome ways!
Hannah Greendale
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
Love pales in comparison to McAnulty's previous title, Brave. Though Love follows the same format as Brave, some of language and the corresponding illustrations aren't as cohesive or comprehensive as they could be.
A. Hunt
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received the link to read this beautiful children's book online today. It's so precious and so sincere I couldn't help but post the review immediately! The words are sweet but it's the wording and illustrations combined that make this such a special book. I loved it so much, I scheduled my review for it, on my website, for Valentine's Day. What better way to share it?
Leslie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love how this book takes a new look at Valentine's Day norms - a fancy dinner for you dog, designer greeting cards made by creative little ones, and hugs sent via Skype to a deployed parent. I'm looking forward to sharing this with my Toddler Storytime tomorrow. It may be more for the caregivers, but that's okay too!
Two BookWorms Blog
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the message of this book. Love comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes and is shared with all kinds of people, be they family, friends, neighbors, or pets.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry! What the heck, that was so cute. The book showcases adorable, simple, specific ways that people can show they care about each other. The sister getting adopted! The skype call with a military family member! My poor heart!
Miss Sarah
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This simple toddler and up book was just awesome! It talks about love and ways it can be found and where it can be found but it's the diversity of the illustrations that get you from the new adopted sister being welcomed home to the military parent being video conferenced. A timely read.
Shannon Kerwin
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is beautifully illustrated with a wonderful message. Simple, eye-catching, and a good read both at bed time and in the classroom.
Angela
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pb
A simple yet powerful look at the many faces and displays of love. Really choked me up. Wonderful book. Show and share your love, everyone.
Joshua Mooney
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: primary-k-2
Picture Book Selection

This book shows how you can show love to other people. Love can be a fancy dinner or a hug good night. You can show love if you are black or if you are white. You can get love from a mom or dad, or from two moms or two dads. You can show love with your words or with sign language. The important part is to show love to the people that matter to you.

I chose this book because it is simple to read and has a lot of repetition. But it also introduces new words to readers like th
Whatmykidsandiread Juli
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is perfect for the Valentine’s time of year but it’s really a great fit for any time of year.
You’ll definitely want to share this with someone you love. ❤

LOVE, by Stacy McAnulty, is a sweet and simply stated book all about the ways we can share love with the people in our lives that we care for. It puts into words all of the wonderful things that make love just so lovely.

Vibrant illustrations from Joanne Lew-Vriethoff are the perfect touch to really bring the words to life.

Frances Hotchkiss
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
"More than paper hearts, chocolates, and flowers, Love is a gift that cannot be wrapped." This simple text and bright colorful illustrations will be great for a Valentine's Day storytime, or any day you want to talk about love!
Dina
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Such a good book, with an amazing theme. Our youngest students will love this book!
Ms Threlkeld
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Seemingly simple, but requires some pondering. I think kids will have a lot to say about this book.
Amy Chesman
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simple message with sweet illustrations.
Kimberly
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super sappy and absolutely lovely. I am blinking back tears at the desk at work.
Amanda
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahhh...toujour l'amour! I loved the gentle teasing tone and how the author takes Valentine tropes and turns them sideways for a look at what really makes something LOVE.
Brittany
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is cute, but the sad puppy at the beginning got my mood day. Poor thing. A cute book about love in all forms.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Stacy McAnulty is a children’s book author, who used to be a mechanical engineer, who’s also qualified to be a paleontologist (NOT REALLY), a correspondent for The Daily Show (why not), and a Green Bay Packer coach (totally!). She is the 2017 Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Honor Recipient for Excellent Ed, illustrated by Julia Sarcone-Roach. Her other picture books include Earth! My First 4.54 Billion ...more