Start by marking “His Princess: Love Letters from Your King” as Want to Read:
His Princess: Love Letters from Your King

His Princess: Love Letters from Your King

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  682 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
This beautiful four-color book opens the eyes of women to see themselves the way God sees them. Many don't even know that they are daughters of the King - chosen to be His Princess. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, they trade in their fairy-tale dreams of being cherished for a tarnished identity fashioned by their own insecurities and the mixed-up messages of the ...more
Published January 23rd 2004 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about His Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Princess

Shantelle
His Princess: Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd is an absolutely lovely devotional for women. Encouraging, tender, real, and gently challenging, it lets you know you're loved by your King! So many beautiful verses taken from Scripture, and words from Sheri Rose to go along with each verse ... I found this little book a delight to read each day. Wonderful. I look forward to reading it again someday!
AlixJamie
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Anytime I feel pressured, worried, depressed, unloved, ect. I get out this book and read the appropriate page. The loving words calm me and just drench me in the love of God.
Caitlyn Santi
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-shelf
I loved His Princess:Love letters from your King!!! While it is not a substitute for the Bible. It made my heart swell until it literally felt like it would pop out of my chest and several times brought tears of joy to my eyes! As I read this book I found myself rejoicing yet again in the knowledge that God loves me reverently and unendingly and I am His Princess. This book moved me beyond words and will continue to be a blessing in my life,it is perfect to read on those days when you don't feel ...more
Jennifer Clausen-greene
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege (something I do not say often) to read and review “His Princess: Love Letters from Your King” By: Sheri Rose Shepherd and wow, I cannot say enough good things about this book. The messages are powerful, heartfelt, affirming words of God that sink deep into your soul and affirm the gracious love of our Father for us. Page after wonderful page you are reminded on Gods unfailing love for you. When I first received this book I planned to read through it like any other book and wr ...more
Jaynessa Campbell
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These small readings really spoke to me, they were a reminder that even in this chaotic life we live in that I am still a child of God, the daughter of King, the Princess, HIS Princess! How awesome a feeling that comes with knowing no one can separate me from my Heavenly Father, and that no matter how rough life on Earth gets I am still God's Princess! He will never leave us, never forget a promise, never turn his back on us, and never forget about us. Each and every one of these readings brough ...more
Tj
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This tiny book can fit into your purse or backpack. It has that hardcover that is soft, if you know what I am talking about. The pages are glossy with nice colors, imagery, and flowers. Some visuals are repeated, though. What is best about this though, is the content. Each page last a paragraph that is supposed to be God's love letter to you and a Scripture verse. The way in which these are written really touches the heart. The Bible verses are written in contemporary translations, so they are v ...more
Jenny
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to feel closer to God
Shelves: all, christian
A beautiful little book. The author has done a wonderful job of taking verses from the bible and interpreting it as if God was speaking to us. It truly makes the verses come alive and makes you feel just that much closer to God, especially when you're down and depressed. I find myself going back and re-reading these letters and when I do, whatever doubts I had about God and His love just fades away.
Katrina Lynn
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely beautiful book! I got it about 2 years ago when I started going to church. These beautifully written letters gave me hope and really helped me with my journey to God. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for or is already in love with God! BEAUTIFUL BOOK!
Cynthia
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Each letter will relate personally to some part of your life and strengthen you to live in Jesus Christ.
Judi
Mar 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really like it.

It is very comforting and supportive.

It reaffirms me as a woman and female.

Kim Hannah
Very uplifting
Samantha
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
it will make you cry to know that the words that are said are straight from God
Sarah Ruiz
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is basically about how the daughters of God are considered princess and how God looks at his princess. This book also tells you how a princess should live her life
Dianne Helwig
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
This was a wonderful book. We all deal with trials in our lives and sometimes forget we are not alone. That we don't have to deal with them all by ourselves. These love letters are a definite pick-me-up. A beautiful reminder of how very special we are in God's eyes. And, hey, what woman doesn't like a love letter!!!!
Riarna
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an inspirational book! I truly love this book, and cherish it often! It is by far one of my most favorite books and has been a rich blessing in my life personally. So down to earth, yet it speaks to your heart on a personal level with its beautifully written love letters! It has become my pleasure and routine to read one page each day, allowing God to speak to me through it. Since I've started reading this book, its brought me much closer to God, as it continues to each day. I love it, ...more
Chris Taylor
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith-books
This devotional is really helpful. It's aimed at a younger audience but it's a great way to start and end your day. It also helps reading one during hard times. In the morning or the evening I would read a letter and then pray around the overall theme and for God's guidance along with personal requests or requests from others. I've found that this has really encouraged me and has strengthened my prayer life and my relationship with my Abba Father as His Princess.
Sally Ferguson
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We chose this book as a foundation for our Women's Retreat. Not only was the theme a springboard for our speakers and breakout sessions, it added inspiration for the treats and decorations. We were pampered as Princesses and we found out how much our Daddy, The King adores us! Low self-esteem is a huge problem for many women, and it was an important issue to tackle. I'm so glad we went back to the basics with this book and delved into the love of God for His children!
Linda
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an encouraging devotional for those who are trying to live a healthier lifestyle or who struggle with emotional issues. The author struggled with her own weight and shares her story throughout the devotional. I had bought this book as a gift for a friend without reading it myself. My friend raved about it and pretty soon it traveled throughout my place of employment. Even if you don't struggle with weight issues, it's an uplifting book and well worth a month of 10 minutes a day.
Kimberly Baltz
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift from a friend for Christmas a few years ago. It turned out to be exactly what I needed as I was going through a difficult time. Every day, I would open up the book and read the next "letter" and it always seemed to be exactly what I needed to hear.

I'm still working through the book as I need it. And I have bought copies for several friends as well, to encourage them with a positive message every day. I love this book!
Elizabeth
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: my fellow sisters in Christ
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Gail
I received this book from a dear friend of mine for my high school graduation. Whenever I felt discouraged or knew I needed to hear some truth, I'd pick up this book for an entry or so. As a college student, time is very valuable, but I could finish an entry in a few minutes and feel refreshed afterward. I highly recommend this book.
Sara S
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended! This book's contents are so inspiring and encouraging! This book can be read cover to cover or just opened and read randomly. Each short 'letter' from God about our beauty, worth, and purpose can brighten any day as well as challenge us to be growing women of faith. Great for adults as well as teens :)
Eva Nieves
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I read this short book long time ago. Throw the bible and some words the author says, God has talked to me. Is a great book if you are feeling alone, or if you feel he doesn't listen, etc. This is one of my spiritual and precious book! Whenever I feel sad, I just opened the book and I read the first page I looked and God talked to me. It never change...
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books
This was an amazing book! My sister-in-law let me borrow during a really difficult season in my life and it was perfect. If you need to get someone a gift or know someone going through a rough time this would be a perfect gift for any occasion.
Brittney
I love this book and so do all my friends. Great for a daily devotional, Ladies Lesson, or just for reading.

The book is beautifully made, with pictures of flowers on every page. The letters are well written and definitely inspired.

I just wish the verses were done in KJV.
Miriam
This book was given to me and I'm really thankful for it. I don't read it page by page. When I feel sad I randomly open it or find a letter that suits my current mood and it never fails to make me feel happy and loved. It's truly amazing book.
Rhen
Jul 02, 2013 added it
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
A nice book that offers a page of "love" letters from Jesus to us, you, me, his daughters. I read this book and obtained some comfort of knowing I was loved by The Lord when going through a painful divorce.
Sara
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
incredible
Cyndyw
Jul 21, 2008 rated it liked it
I just love the scriptures she has collected that are so uplifting.

Amy
Mar 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Every women needs this book!!! :)
  • When Dreams Come True: A Love Story Only God Could Write
  • A Young Woman After God's Own Heart: A Teen's Guide to Friends, Faith, Family, and the Future
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • Jesus Lives Devotional: Seeing His Love in Your Life
  • Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild
  • Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His
  • S.H.A.P.E.: Finding and Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life
  • Weigh Down Diet
  • Mission Possible: The Story of a Wycliffe Missionary
  • The Power of A Praying Teen
  • Praying the Names of God: A Daily Guide
  • It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • God Is Closer Than You Think: If God Is Always with Us, Why Is He So Hard to Find?
  • The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)
  • A Path Through Suffering: Discovering the Relationship Between God's Mercy and Our Pain
  • Valiant Hearts (Egypt Trilogy #3)
  • How to Succeed at Being Yourself: Finding the Confidence to Fulfill Your Destiny
Sheri Rose Shepherd is the author of the popular His Princess(tm) series. A former Mrs. America, Sheri Rose is an anointed teacher who has served as keynote speaker at Women of Virtue conferences, and her messages have aired on national radio programs. Sheri Rose has been married eighteen years and has two beautiful children.
More about Sheri Rose Shepherd...