Start by marking “Philip K. Dick” as Want to Read:
Philip K. Dick

Philip K. Dick

One of the greatest writers in science fiction history, Philip K. Dick is mostly remembered for such works as Blade Runner, Minority Report, and Total Recall. His dark, fascinating work centered on alternate universes and shifting realities in worlds often governed by monopolistic corporations and authoritarian governments. His own life story seems a tussle with reality, c ...more
Published January 15th 2019 by NBM Publishing (first published January 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Philip K. Dick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Philip K. Dick

Sam Quixote
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Opening with Philip K. Dick seeing early footage from Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner shortly before his death in 1982, Laurent Queyssi and Mauro Marchesi’s Philip K. Dick: A Comics Biography is a fine overview of one of the most original and notable writers of the 20th century.

Dick had health troubles from birth, both physical and mental, exacerbated later in life by a heavy pill addiction that began to ensure his work rate remained high - he wrote five novels alone in 1964! But the drugs finally
Lukasz
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

Dick’s novels and short fiction have ignited imagination of countless readers around the globe and inspired a handful of cult films. I’ve discovered him in my late teens and read all his books in less than two months. I became a fan.

Laurent Queyssi and Mauro Marchesi‘ graphic biography of PKD focuses on pivoting events of his life, starting on February 17, 1982 (when he suffered a stroke). Readers get to see him as a shy and passionate teen obsessed with music and science fiction. Later as
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Philip K. Dick was a very well known science fiction writer, but I have not read anything by him besides Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (which became the movie Blade Runner). I was mostly interested in the comic biography form, but was also glad to learn more about Dick's complicated life.

This was not the most in depth analysis of the author or his work, but I think it worked quite well for those who just want to know a bit more a
Valéria.
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This biography comics offers an original point of view on the life of one of the best sci-fi writers. I used to read Dick’s work during my puberty and after, and then I stopped for some reason I can’t rememeber of now, but after this I am in pretty good mood to start again with his work. This was kind, enjoyable and informative in good way (not just filled with stupid facts and dates). Nice look into tragic life of five times married, mentally unstable sci-fi author. 3,5/5

(Challenge 2019 - Biogr
Matthew Barnes
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
A graphic telling of Philip K. Dick's life, but could have been more detailed.

Full review: https://mb-bookreviews.blogspot.com/2...
Nastasia
3.75
Allen Adams
I’m never sure if I want to know more about my heroes. Specifically, literary heroes.

It’s not that I have any aversion to biography as a genre – I even enjoy a good memoir now and then – but for whatever reason, I tend to tread carefully when it comes to books about the people who write the books I love. There’s a separation between art and artist that just feels more important when it comes to authors I admire.

But then I stumbled across a graphic novel biography of Philip K. Dick and I couldn’t
Feinmann
Mar 21, 2018
d_caius
Jun 10, 2018
Molly
I'm a fan of Philip K. Dick and all the work that has sprung from his stories, but I don't know a ton about the man himself. This was a nice slice-of-life biography that doesn't attempt to paint a too-flattering portrait of the author. It did raise a few more questions for me about his mental health, particularly toward the end of his life, and now I might have to pick up an additional biography.
J.D. DeHart
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The creative team behind this biographical graphic novel deliver an enjoyable and professional work that is informative. Admittedly, I have an interest already invested in this subject because I have enjoyed Philip K. Dick's work for years.

Even so, I think readers of a wide variety would enjoy this book. There are interesting wordless panels, the art is detailed, the story takes us in interesting directions to help us know more about this engaging author. A recommended read.
Giulia Molinari