Start by marking “What a Great Word!: A Year of Daily Devotions” as Want to Read:
What a Great Word!: A Year of Daily Devotions

What a Great Word!: A Year of Daily Devotions

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  11 reviews

WHAT A GREAT WORD! is a new kind of devotional. With Scripture and fresh insights from author Karen Moore, readers are able to focus on one word each day to strengthen their faith and see God's hand at work.
These are simple words, words we use every day that we often gloss over when reading God's Word. If, for example, the word for the day is "protect," the reading from Ps
Published December 4th 2018 by FaithWords

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Stephanie
I love the concept of this devotional. I choose a "one little word" every year- this word my year is 'light', but I adore the idea of focusing on one word every single day.

Helper, encourage, proud, success, etc.

Each day introduces a word through scripture and then has a short devotional/application section and accompanying prayer. It's the perfect bite-sized daily devotional and I adore it!

Thank you NetGalley for a copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
Jen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This devotional is life changing! I am one of those people that focus on one word in the New Year in lieu of resolutions. This devotional is along those lines, giving you one word a day to focus on. Each devotional starts with scripture, gives you a devotional related to that word, and a prayer. Having that one word to focus on each day is a game changer! It really helped me focus on the blessings around me and open to all that God is doing in the day. This devotional is fantastic and I can not ...more
Michelle
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What A Great Word is a 365-day devotional by author Karen Moore. This book reminds me of the one-word many people decide upon at the beginning of each year. But, instead of one word for a year this devotional concentrates on a new word every day. The scripture is taken from various Bible versions.

Each day there is a word for the day, a piece of scripture, the devotional that reiterates the word, and a prayer. My overall feeling is that this devotional is easy to read and then ponder on througho
Monica
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know several people who choose one word for a year and focus on that word. However, I haven't thought of focusing on one word a day. In What a Great Word: A Year of Daily Devotions by Karen Moore, she focuses on one word a day to see God at work with that word.

What a Great Word devotional is approximately 5 by 7 1/2 inches in size. Yet this small devotional book, which is a great size to carry to the coffee shop or wherever you need to go, packs a big punch each day with the reading. There is
Jess Combs
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I generally love devotional books. They’re a quick, easy way to make sure I connect with God’s word every single day.

A good daily devotional keeps me excited to read the next day’s story, thoughts, and scripture. It challenges my interpretations and forces me to dig deeper. That’s exactly what What a Great Word did for me.

Unfortunately, since I was specifically reading What a Great Word with the intention of reviewing it, I had to rush through every day in a short period of time. The book is mea
Mel
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What A Great Word by Karen Moore is a 365-day devotional that takes a word from the Bible to meditate on daily. Each word has a corresponding piece of Scripture and encouraging words from the author, accompanied with a prayer.

I am truly enjoying using this devotional as part of my morning prayer time. The messages that Karen Moore writes are little teachable moments that are thought provoking. There is also an index in the back of the book with all the words which is helpful if you need to go ba
Susan Shipe
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a faith writer of devotionals I was anxious to receive a copy of this book for review. Mrs. Moore is a concise, to the point writer. In this devotional she features one word each day; offers a scripture, a devotional writing, and a prayer.

I immediately went to the index and looked for the word HOPE. Her writing was excellent and stayed on topic.

I would recommend this devotional for women and men looking for a good, Biblical, two-minute daily devotion.
Kimberly
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Beautiful devotional book. So happy to have won this thru Goodreads!
Csimplot Simplot
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!!
Debbie Ballard
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational daily devotional with a word for the day, a Bible verse, short reading, and prayer. For example, the word, 'Walk,' Bible verse Genesis 6:9, "This is the account of Noah and his family.
Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God." 'Your best friend on Earth and in Heaven is always ready to walk with you. He loves it when you request his Presence and when you share all the events of your day. He loves it when you walk faithful
Melissa Cheresnick
Apr 26, 2019
Jamie Holloway
Nov 23, 2018
Deborah
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book takes a full year to read with 366 daily readings. Each day has a word such as humble which is then followed through in the reading (Numbers 12:3). The thought for the day then wraps around the word (Moses was humble) and continues on in to the prayer.
I enjoyed this book and thought it was the best book of its kind that I have seen so far.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the publisher. This is my voluntary and impartial review.
Jessica

• The Devoted Life: A Creative Devotional Journal
  • Helpfinder Bible NLT: God's Word at Your Point of Need
  • The Swindoll Study Bible NLT, Tutone
  • James: Biblical Commentary
  • The New You: A Guide to Better Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual Wellness
  • The One Year Book of Amazing Stories: 365 Days of Seeing God's Hand in Unlikely Places
  • Boys Life Application Study Bible NLT
  • Beyond Blessed: God's Perfect Plan to Overcome All Financial Stress
  • Absolute Expert: Dinosaurs
  • Faithful Promises of God: Guidance for Today's Living
  • You’ve Got This (Because God’s Got You): 52 Devotions to Uplift and Encourage
  • Knowledge Unto Relationship: A Biblical Destiny
  • The Message Devotional Bible: Featuring Notes & Reflections from Eugene H. Peterson
  • The Crucifixion of Jesus: A Medical Doctor Examines the Death and Resurrection of Christ
  • Purpose: Thoughts For Self-Contemplation And Meditation On Various Aspects Of Life
  • The Balance Myth: Rethinking Work-Life Success
  • God Over Good: Saving Your Faith by Losing Your Expectations of God
  • I Am A Christian, This Is Why: A Logical Response to the Skeptic (I Am Series Book 1)
Karen Moore is an award-winning writer of more than sixty inspirational and devotional books for all ages. She also works with American Greetings and DaySpring, developing a greeting card line. Moore holds a master's degree in Education, has three grown children, and lives in Florida.