Start by marking “Recklessly Ever After (Reckless Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Recklessly Ever After (Reckless Hearts, #3)

Recklessly Ever After

(Reckless Hearts #3)

Gavin St. James

After the hell I've been through in the Marines--in life--there's nothing I crave more than routine, stability, peace. Until McKenna Brewer walks into my life.

She's impulsive, fiery, tempting as hell, and everything I don't need. But when she offers me a night of no-strings-attached passion, I can't resist.

When our night together has unexpected consequences,
Mass Market Paperback, 313 pages
Published October 30th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Recklessly Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recklessly Ever After

Start your review of Recklessly Ever After (Reckless Hearts, #3)
Danielle's
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recklessly ever after surprised me. I like my males dominant and alpha. Gavin didn’t fit this type but he totally won me over. Gavin is an ex-marine and wants life to be easy. His past means he likes stability and routine. He chooses the sensible option.

McKenna is a loose cannon and a commitment-phobic. She is everything Gavin should stay away from. She likes her guys easy and short-term.

Stuck in a lift, Gavin needs to take his mind off the situation. He finds himself lip-locked with the girl h
Jessica Calla
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Reckless Hearts series, and I've been waiting not-so-patiently for Gavin's book since the beginning! Of course I love Gavin. I have since Book 1, because there was something so special about him right off the bat. But McKenna is the real star of RECKLESSLY EVER AFTER.

McKenna is emotionally messy. Being in her head is like being on a roller coaster--you ride the highs and the lows with her as she navigates her relationship with Gavin. But instead of the usual, put-together heroine who
Robin
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Gavin’s story and it was totally worth it. He and Kenna each had broken pieces. Watching as they completed each other (& themselves) was an emotional and satisfying journey. Sad to say goodbye to Collin, Max, Gavin and their ladies.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC.
WycEd Reader
Check out our Recklessly Ever After post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary – ☆☆☆☆
Gavin stole my heart from the first book and I could not wait for his story. I was not disappointed, although I was worried with McKenna though. She was wishy washy, and a runner and I found myself bored with her.

Gavin has a past that no one should have to live through, but with friends like Collin and Max, Gavin has been able to get through most things. But he has fallen for McKenna
Minx
True Rating 3.5 stars!

The Reckless Hearts series follows the friendship of three Marines, brothers in arms, as they find their way to a happily ever after. They each have their own personal struggles as do the women that capture their attention. Recklessly Ever After is Gavin’s story and after meeting Gavin in the previous book, The Right Kind of Reckless, I thought he was a marshmallow of a man because of how tender he was to his best friend’s child. He was also the calm one when the trio of th
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Recklessly Ever After is the third and final book in the Reckless Heart series. Now is Gavin's turn to finally find love! I've been eagerly awaiting Gavin and McKenna's story since I finished The Right Kind Of Reckless. This man has legit been on my mind.

Both Gavin and McKenna share similar childhood traumatic stories. Both grew up in loveless homes and both in one way or another have suffered abuse leading to insecurities as adults. I legit felt so sad for these two, my heart broke. Especially
Jessica
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We meet Gavin and McKenna when they get stuck in a hospital elevator together. These two already know each other thanks to mutual friends. We instantly learn that Gavin is half in love with her and she doesn't do any types of commitment.
Honestly, I was sucked in at chapter one. the next three chapters did nothing for me and I wanted to quit. But I plowed through and am glad I did because I was hooked again!
Once you get to chapter 5, this book is SO GOOD!
After one night together and a few weeks
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I have to say that I loved this book. I love a book I can be surprised by and this book did surprise me in many ways. First the main character Gavin is a broken man. He is an ex-marine and he has his demons he fights daily. He is living day by day and his friends help him out. They are so supportive I loved them right off the bat.

McKenna has had a hard life and she is no joke. She is rough and tough and does not take crap from anyone. Even though she is tough she is a nurse. That surprised me be
Tzelina
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the ARC in exchange for an honest review**

"Recklessly Ever After " was such a sweet, emotional, lovely story!! Two people with a loads of issues.The storyline was well written and paced perfectly!! Gavin and McKenna are perfectly good match together!! This was a such pleasurable read!!
Katrina
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book. This is my first book by this author and man it will not be my last. This book takes 2 broken people and their issues and helps them become whole together. in the fantastic story that will grip you by the throat and not let go until the last page. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. Highly recommend this book and I cant wait to read more by this author!
Isha Coleman
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gavin and McKenna are perfectly, imperfect. He sets carefully placed boundaries to keep him on course. She lives in the moment. Apart they are two halves of a whole. Together they become a combustible force that is destined to have lasting consequences. Recklessly Ever After is a walk on the wild side. In our minds, we think we have life all figured out until fate surprises us by changing all of our plans. Fleet turns temptation into forever and shakes up the heart along the way.
Up All Night With Books
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Recklessly Ever After is installment three in the Reckless Hearts series, but can be read as a standalone. And let me tell you, Heather Van Fleet really knows how to grab your attention. I was instantly hooked to this book from page one.

McKenna and Gavin are both so much alike yet so different. McKenna has so many issues and does not do relationships. Gavin too, has his issues yet he wants a future, a future with McKenna.

I
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This was my first time reading this author, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect going in. Unfortunately, I was rather bored with the story, despite the potential I could see within it and the rest of the series.

I loved the "Three guys a
Shia
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating 5/5

McKenna is hands down the star of this show. Her internal struggles and complicated life makes her so damn relatable that I doubt anyone who reads this won't be able to relate in some way. It was also so refreshing to see the female lead as the one with the inner turmoil and chaotic backstory - I often read of the males being designed like this, especially in contemporary romances. Gavin's loyalty and love for her was so adorable and cherishing - it was nice to see a sensitive male aft
Courtney
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gavin stole my heart. He was such a great character that you cant help but fall in love with him flaws and all. Here we have this imperfect man with so much baggage that he is broken but yet he wants to be all in with Kenna. Kenna was a little annoying with her constant battle of wanting to be independent yet wanting to be with Gavin but she eventually grows on you. The storyline was well written and keeps you engaged through the whole book and now I am going back to read the other men's stories ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) This is the third book in this series, Gavin's book and we have been waiting for it. Gavin broke your heart with what he was dealing with and his memories. I wish they would have found some better for him than McKenna I was not a fan of hers and even though she finally reciprocated his love still wasn't crazy about her. But it was good to read of the past couples.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the final book in a trilogy. This was a good book. I loved the hero, Gavin. He is such a solid, upstanding man with a great heart. Kenna, the heroine, is a strong woman and is absolutely perfect for him. They bring out the best in each other. Add some vibrant secondary characters, and it makes it a really good book to read. I will definitely be reading the first two books in the trilogy.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Tracie R
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
The third book in the Reckless Hearts series, Recklessly Ever After is a wonderful addition to the series. Gavin is an amazing characters and McKenna suits him in every way. Beautifully written, with great characters this is one book and series I will go back and reread and recommend to other readers
Heather 123
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute story, with a role reversal in dealing with the major conflict of the book. This was a welcomed change for me, as most authors write the dilemma the same way.

I loved Gavin's back story and all his little quirks. I loved how his friends really got him and didn't let him hide when that's what he thought he needed. Loved Kenna's character and her own inner conflict.

While this book is part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Gavin St. James has loads of issues. Between the horrors he had to deal with growing up to the things he saw while in the military, Gavin keeps to himself and his core group of friends. It is not until he is stuck in a broken elevator with McKenna that he finally opens to thought of love and a future. But McKenna is not looking for strings, she just wants quick sex and to walk away. When an unexpected problem arises and Gavin and McKenna are thrown together can these two learn to lean on someone ...more
Jennifer Griswell
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!! I could not put it down. I did not know how the author could top the others but she did it. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time and every chapter left me wanting more. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! Anyone looking for a steamy romance that is well-written look no further. I cannot recommend REA enough. It’s one of those books I wish I could read again for the first time. I’ll definitely read anything from this author!
Siobhan Davis
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great way to finish a superb series. Love Collin, Max, and Gavin and they are the shining stars in this trilogy.

Both McKenna and Gavin have a lot of baggage and serious trust issues so their path to true love definitely isn't smooth. Their troubled childhoods had them reacting differently to the situation they found themselves in and it only endeared me to Gavin more.

Very well written, with plenty of angst and emotion, and a well-deserved HEA. Highly recommended.
Mary Mooney
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
Gavin stole my heart from the first book and I could not wait for his story. I was not disappointed although I was worried with McKenna though. She was wishy washy and a runner and I found myself bored with her.
Gavin has a past that no one should have to live through but with friends like Collin and Max, Gavin has been able to get through most things. But he has fallen for McKenna from the moment he me
Heather andrews
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gavin has no filter, the man could be crude, "I looked up at her question, finding her bottom lip pulled between her teeth. “My stuff?” She nodded, eyes shifting briefly to my crotch again. “My ***k, you mean.” McKenna doesn't mind making her man late, “not yet. Max can wait,” I mumbled against his lips. Screw the fact that we were about to have an audience. I needed this man. Needed my man." Gavin's lady love knows how to rile him up, "she dropped my hand and grabbed the side of my pants, diggi ...more
Kelly
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a perfect ending to this series. Loved the dude banter and honestly...big burly men going all soft around a little girl? Still kills me every time. My heart broke for Gavin in this book, but I couldn't be happier he found his other half in Kenna. I'll miss the Reckless Hearts crew!
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gavin St. James carries a lot of wounds under his shield of armor, most of them from a unstable childhood, and then a few that he picked while serving in the military overseas; and you can't see the things he has witnessed without being a little closed off. He leads a fairly private life, most of the time he'd prefer to be alone, but occasionally he socializes with a close knit group of trusted friends; and has never really given much thought to settling down and opening his life to another pers ...more
Rebecca Austin
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-companies
Gavin St. James is an EMT but also suffers from panic attacks after his time overseas and due to his experiences growing up. When he is stuck in an elevator with McKenna Brewer he is shocked by his attraction to her but the two are butting heads more than anything.

McKenna Brewer is not a relationship type of girl. Yet one night with Gavin has her questioning things and her future. But there are certain things that she knows for sure and settling down is one thing she is avoiding at all costs.

Whe
Kathy Wideman
This is the third book in the series. I haven’t read the first two books and wasn’t confused. After reading this I want to read the first two though. Gavin had a hard childhood. His time in the military has left him a little broken. McKenna is wild and fiery and impulsive. She too had a hard childhood not quite like Gavin but hard no less. Gavin has wanted McKenna since he first saw her. One night Gavin decides to do what he wants regardless of an outcome he may not like. Gavin and Mckenna spend ...more
Tracey
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an incredible series that I personally think should be read in order to get the most enjoyment out of these wonderful, well-developed, amazing characters! I knew from the moment Gavin was introduced to us in Book #1 (Reckless Hearts) that I wanted to know what made him tick and we definitely got his story in Book #3. I knew he was a broken man and I knew I would cry tears and I wasn't wrong, but the journey was so well worth it! I would warn you that at first glance, you may not like McK ...more
Ira
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
I was waiting rather impatiently for the release of this book because I really loved the other books in this series about this trio of former marines who are living together to take care of little beaner, Collin's daughter Chloe since his girlfriend died.

Gavin is the last one of our guys who hasn't found love yet and he is the one who obviously needs help the most and he's also the one who makes it so hard for his friends to get closer, the one who cares so much for our little beaner but is scar
« previous 1 3 next »

• Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Your Love Is Mine (Maine Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #19)
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • Driven to Distraction (Road to Love, #1)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)
  • Stealing Mr. Right (Penelope Blue, #1)
  • With This Ring
  • Lush Money (Filthy Rich #1)
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Wreck & Ruin (Blue Angels Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Conceal
  • Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Hate Crush (Filthy Rich, #2)
  • Dark Russian Angel
  • What About Us (Panic, #4)

Reckless Hearts (3 books)
  • Reckless Hearts (Reckless Hearts, #1)
  • The Right Kind of Reckless (Reckless Hearts, #2)