Start by marking “I Love You So Mochi” as Want to Read:
I Love You So Mochi

I Love You So Mochi

Kimi Nakamura loves a good fashion statement. She's obsessed with transforming everyday ephemera into Kimi Originals: bold outfits that make her and her friends feel brave, fabulous, and like the Ultimate versions of themselves. But her mother sees this as a distraction from working on her portfolio paintings for the prestigious fine art academy where she's been accepted f ...more
Expected publication: May 28th 2019 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about I Love You So Mochi, please sign up.
Shokujiko one of Kimi's friends asks out another girl at the beginning of the book and they start going out. it's referenced throughout.

Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
...finds romance with a med student who moonlights as a costumed mochi mascot.
Lol, I'm here for it! Sounds like an adorable Asian drama plot.
Hilly
Nov 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: contemporary
How cute is that cover???
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I Love You So Mochi has been flying around the Asian book blogger blogs. It caught my eye due to the title, based on a Japanese confectionery made from pounded rice and molded around a yummy filling. My favorite are ice cream mochi... I was dying to see how they were incorporated into the story.

The Premise

Kimi Nakamura has been practicing her art since she was a child at the knee of her wannabe artist mother. Lately though its taken a tu
Rachel Strolle
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow wow wow what a stunningly perfect contemporary and honestly exactly what i needed after a day of being sick
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
oh my actual goodness, I NEED THIS. My Japanese student heart needs it.

ALSO: “a med student who moonlights as a costumed mochi mascot.” I’m SO SO DOWN for this like you cannot believe
Samantha (WLABB)
That was so adorable! Kimmi and Akira was so easy to ship, and Kimmi's grandfather was precious, and mother-daughter relationships are really complicated and wow! What a fantastic tour of Japan. I have a lot of gushing to do.

Full review to follow.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
michelle (magicalreads)
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs, reviews

read on my blog

**I received an ARC from Miss Print's ARC Adoption Program.**

I Love You So Mochi was definitely one of my most anticipated reads of 2019! I adored Sarah Kuhn's Heroine Worship series (definitely recommend!), so I was so excited for her young-adult debut. This book was the cute, soft romance that I didn't know I needed.

I loved the main character, Kimi. She's such a go-getter; she knows what she wants and she does what she can to accomplish it. Her love of fashion and desig
Kaja (red panda) *:・゚✧
THIS IS LIKE THE CUTEST TITLE EVER???

Also the synopsis sounds like everything I've ever wanted.

UPDATE: IT'S PREORDERABLE ON AMAZON! Releases May 28th 2019!
Kay Wisteria
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to Scholastic for giving me a free ARC at Yallwest

I don't even have the words to describe the absolute cuteness overload that was this book!!! I mean, first of all, just look at that gorgeous cover! With the cherry blossoms, and the drawn characters, and the adorable handwritten look of the cover...I just knew that I would be in for a treat, and I absolutely was!

I Love You So Mochi is about Kimi, a second generation Japanese-American teenager, who goes to Japan and meets her Japanese
Ms. Yingling
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
E ACR from Edelweiss Plus

I would have love this in high school, but just felt more YA. Getting YA books for middle school is tough-- sometimes the details of high school are ones they want, some times they aren't. I've had a lot of students with this last name, so I was hoping this would be a good fit. Definitely would purchase for high school, though.
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
The synopsis for I Love You So Mochi just speaks to me. Cherry blossoms, romance and family drama? Yes, please! My contemporary heart is really excited to read this one.
Sachi Argabright
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
I LOVE YOU SO MOCHI tells the story of Kimi Nakamura, a Japanese American high schooler who is passionate about designing clothes despite her mother’s disapproval. After an explosive fight with her mother, Kimi receives a letter and plane ticket from her mysterious Japanese grandparents and takes them up on their offer to visit over Spring Break. After meeting and staying with her grandparents for the first time, Kimi is learns more about her family and also discovers a lot about herself along t ...more
Mary H
Apr 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOSH this book sounds adorable and perfect!
McKinlay Dennis
*I was sent this ARC from the publisher, Scholastic. This does not affect my review.*

This book was so incredibly happy making! I loved literally every relationship in this. From Kimi's relationship with her parents and friends at home, to the relationships she forms with her grandparents and Akira in Japan. I don't know how Sarah Kuhn managed to flesh them all out so well in just 308 pages but my goodness, she did!

This book is all about Kimi figuring out what her passion is. Now, I knew her pass
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I like the idea behind this read, but I couldn't get into it. It feels like a not as fleshed out version of the wonderful Starfish by Akemi Bowman, and I couldn't help but compare this to that one. I had to put it down.
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Nope, I did not come here because of the title.

Hahaha, I totally did because I have an obsession with mochi and the synopsis sounds ADORABLE.
Priyasha
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

ARC provided from the publisher via Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review (Thank you, Publisher!!)

Well to begin with the book ,I Love You So Mochi. I just loved the cover of the book and hence requested the book . Glad that I read this . It was delicious like a Mochi and I devoured it all at once . Mochi is a type of Japanese confectionary made from pounded pasty rice and molded into shape.The book was a sweet Young Adult Contemporary with the setting in Japan . The readers are introduce

Laura Gardner
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to @scholasticinc and @sarahkuhnbooks for the free book to share with #kidlitexchange. This book is out 5/28/19!
~
~
5/5 for I LOVE YOU SO MOCHI, which I loved so so mochi!
Here's what I adored:
* Kimi!, a smart, funny heroine who is confident in her funky fashion choices
* a super fun rom-com vibe and a swoon-worthy nerdy love interest, Akira
* Kimi's burgeoning relationship with her formerly estranged grandparents (her grandpa is SO CUTE with his candy obsession)
* Japan! I was drooling throu
Kate Waggoner
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
@KidLitExchange #partner

Thank you to the @KidLitExchange network and the publisher for the advance copy of I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn. All opinions are my own.

I Love You So Mochi is a cute contemporary YA novel about family, friendship, first love, and self-discovery. Kimi loves turning scraps and random clothing pieces she finds at thrift shops into what she calls Kimi Originals. Her mother however disapproves and feels that spending time creating clothes is just a distraction from purs
Kimberly
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you @kidlitexchange @scholasticinc and @sarahkuhnbooks for the free review copy of this book. All opinions are my own. I Love You So Mochi releases 5.28.19!

This was such a fun, YA contemporary. Kimi Nakamura is torn between finding her one true passion in life. Her mother has sacrificed a lot and is pushing Kimi to apply to a prestigious art academy. She doesn’t want to disappoint anyone, but she keeps drawing a blank when it comes to painting. After a huge fight, Kimi decides to travel t
Katie Seehusen
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Katlyn
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BEWARE you will crave mochi while reading this (especially if, like me, you have yet to try it).

“This book is so cute!” is the one thought I kept having while reading and continue to have while attempting to write this review. Our main character Kimi Nakamura travels to Kyoto, Japan to visit her grandparents and go on a passion driven journey of self-discovery. Along the way she has her friends, family, and the new cute boy she meets to help guide her.

There is an insta-love situation in the book
Kaceria
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a fun spring contemporary! I Love You so Mochi is easily a light, one-sitting read. So many eye rolls (in a good way), stupid bubbly grins, and adorable moments. Definitely a feel good book that will make you hungry for mochi and in awe of the Japanese culture. For me, the best part of this book is in the characters and their relationships with each other.
Shannon Kernan
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soyamrg, diversity
This book was all kinds of adorable and fun and culturally enlightening. Plus, the food descriptions literally made my mouth water. Although I've never been to Japan, it's now on my list of "how cool would it be to go there??" destinations. After reading, I may or may not have gone out to get some mochi... delightful.
Suzanne Park
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The premise of this book is so cute and hilarious. A love interest? Mochi costume? YES PLEASE. This book made me want to rewatch episodes of Project Runway :)

A very relatable book, especially the Asian mom silent treatment references lol.
D94
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, adorable ❤
You can tell that the author is fascinated with Japanese culture. Every word she writes about Japan makes me want to whoosh to Japan :D
But the romance was love at first sight which I am not the biggest fan of. Also, going about with an unknown person in a new land whose language is unknown to you, no way.
If I ignore that, the romance was cute and a little over the too.
The words used to express numbers are hilarious.
There are so many moments that are repeated throughout the story
Claire
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
A cute contemporary YA that will make you want to get on the next plane to Kyoto and eat all of the mochi!
Eri
how can I possibly not be charmed by this book? thank you sarah kuhn for writing another meaningfully delightful book for me
Evie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was so cute and upbeat and hopeful and just FUN to read. The descriptions are so vivid and the characters all given equal consideration and empathy. What a joyful read.
Jenn
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delight. Review to come closer to publication - although I will say, not only was I hungry throughout this book, I now want to visit Japan to see all the places mentioned.

• The Revolution of Birdie Randolph
  • Symptoms of a Heartbreak
  • Sorry For Your Loss
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World
  • A Match Made in Mehendi
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
Sarah Kuhn is the author of Heroine Complex—the first in a series starring Asian American superheroines—for DAW Books. She also wrote The Ruby Equation for the comics anthology Fresh Romance and the romantic comedy novella One Con Glory, which earned praise from io9 and USA Today and is in development as a feature film. Her articles and essays on such topics as geek girl culture, comic book contin ...more