Start by marking “Luke (Brother's Keeper, #3)” as Want to Read:
Luke (Brother's Keeper, #3)

Luke

(Brother's Keeper)

Luke O’Reilly has seen it all, done it all, and lived through it all. When a career ending injury forces him to retire from the military, he struggles to adapt. Luke was born to be a soldier, not conform to the nine-to-five mediocrity of everyday life. He needs to protect and serve like he needs his next breath.

Angry, with a bitter taste of civilian life, he finds himself
Published May 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Luke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luke

Start your review of Luke (Brother's Keeper, #3)
Zoe
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Humorous, suspenseful, and romantic!

In this latest novel by St. Klaire, Brother’s Keeper III: Luke, the gregarious O’Reilly gang is back, and this time the scarred, ruggedly-handsome Luke may find that defending the sweet, fun-loving Daisy from the ruthless killers hunting her down is easier than protecting his heart from falling in love.

The writing is witty and tight. The characters are intelligent, strong, and resourceful. And the plot is a twisty, engaging mix of greed, corruption, friendship
Maree Repa
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

The Great Escape

I was absolutely excited to read book three, Brother’s Keeper. I have completely enjoyed this marvellous exciting series so much. Such a wonderful engrossing most excellent tale of this most wonderful gorgeous strong men. This is one book I could not put down!!

Daisy was frightened. She didn’t know what was going to happen next. So scared to make any loud noises. Until she took a deep breath and made up her mind. She was going to run fast. This was the only chanc
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Stephanie St. Klaire wastes no time sucking you into Brother’s Keeper III : Luke ! From line one of this book, all the way to the end, you won’t be able to put it down.

This HEA story of Luke O’Reilly, one of the Brother’s Keeper’s brothers, and Daisy, a witness put in his care, is full of humor, mystery, love (sex included!), and breaking down walls.

There were so many “favorite” parts in this book for me! From the parts that included Dick-the-dog, to the part with the drunken tattoo scene…Daisy
Robyn
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luck is not on Daisy King’s side. First, she witnesses a Senator being murdered and then while hightailing it out of the senator’s home, all the while vowing to never again watch crime shows, as being part of a crime scene was far less than entertaining as it looks on television. That is if she makes it out alive and her not too trustworthy car decides to start up. Just when she thinks she is in the clear she gets snatched right out of the parking lot and lands on the doorstep of the O’Reilly cl ...more
Lynn Reynolds
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Daisy King has gotten the shock of a lifetime. Luke O’Reilly and his brothers are just the right men to get the job done. Luke, however, has some self-doubt about his part in what they do. We don’t see it very often but he shows a vulnerability – not that he’s happy about that. Daisy isn’t one to take things lying down. She’s willing to tell it like it is and call BS when warranted.

One thing that was interesting was having a female writer take her male characters and have them d
Trudy Dowling
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who needs a TV to watch action thrillers when I have the Brother's Keeper series on my kindle? Each book in this series has had me on the edge of my seat engrossed in the mystery that is trying to destroy them or someone they love. Like all great TV series, this book has the most amazing recurring characters.

In Luke, I got to watch Luke O'Reilly crumble at the feet of a woman. He who protests the loudest falls the hardest and I loved reading every word. If their was a mistake to made in the rela
Perrin Larton
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
...and another great book from author Stephanie St. Klaire!

Luke is a mess. He doesn't think he deserves a future. He doesn't think he deserves love. He doesn't think he's worthy of anything. His past deeds, while in the armed services, makes him feel damaged. He doesn't do relationships until he sees Daisy.

Daisy is sweet. She isn't interested in settling down. She just wants to roll along helping her friend with her catering business, sing at some of the events, and mind her own business...until
Pam
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie St. Klaire has become one of my favorite authors. Each book has hot Alpha guys & strong secure women. The women support their men in every way & the men protect them.

Daisy was in the wrong place at the wrong time & witnessed an execution. The O'Reilly's plucked her up off the street & whisked her away to safety. While they kept her safe, they began to investigate & see what was going on.

Luke considered himself a killer. It didn't matter that the men he killed were criminals & that he
Mona
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luke is Book #3 in the Brothers Keeper Series. Not necessary to read in order.
I loved this book, and in each book before Ms. St. Klaire has suspense, laugh out loud moments, passion between her characters. This had it and much more. Hang onto to your seats with Luke.
He is definitely one of my favorites..

Luke didn’t know what he was up against when he walked into his apartment. The women he now knew as Daisy was sitting in his apartment. She had witnessed something, and now needed protection. S
Mackenzie Bibliophile
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LUKE!!!! OMG!!!! Where did he come from?? I realize he was in the other stories but o honestly didn’t put much weight into what his story would be and I went in before reading the blurb. I knew I love the author and this series so the about section wasn’t that necessary I was excited to read it either way. And then I read it and seriously couldn’t stop. Luke is the best thing that this author has written, ever! Watching Luke’s struggle with what he wants versus what he thinks he deserves was del ...more
Michelle Nelson
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I've read from Ms. St. Klaire and what a rollercoaster ride!! I couldn't stop reading it!!!

Luke, the emotionally broken hero until Daisy came along and made him be able to 'feel' again.
Daisy caught in a time and a place that she didn't expect to be in but it brought her to the best thing in her life.

They both have flaws. Neither one is perfect, but in the end, it's perfect for them!

I laughed, I cried...literally...and was on the edge of my seat!!! Action, adventure,
D
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with the other two Brother's Keeper books, this book did not disappoint! Luke and Daisy have a rocky start but the rough beginning leads into an interesting friendship and ultimately a strong partnership.

There were so many surprises in this book that I really enjoyed, from start to finish. Just when you think trouble is over, it comes again out of nowhere, leading Daisy and Luke on a thrilling (for the reader) journey.

Overall, this was an enjoyable book and I look forward to the next book in
Angel Padillo
I was given an ARC copy, here is my honest review:

I love, love, loved this book! I laughed, I cried, I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Luke was everything I have come to expect from the O’Reilly boys, and Daisy was perfect for him. I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Melissa  Wright
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why do the guys that think they are broken and damaged the best characters.
Everytime I think I have a favorite O bro a new one is thrown my way and takes his place.

Luke is sexy and broady. He grunts alot and feels like he deserves no happiness in his life. A military alpha who would die for his family and friends.

Daisy is a spunky girl with an amazing singing talent. She is in the wrong place and sees something she should not. Now in hiding and under the protection of Luke sparks fly. She is e
Jazmyne- Ramblings of a Bookworm
If despite all he had done, there was a way for them to have a forever because he was beginning to want one.

Luke. This was the brother I was most looking forward to. He seemed the broodiest, the one with the most depth, and the one that had the deepest wounds. That's always the character that draws me in the most, and as ever, I wasn't disappointed. Luke wanted nothing to do with a "happily ever after," or love in any form except his family, so when he saw goodness surrounding him, he wasn't sur
Heather Nobbs
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the O’Reilly brothers series did not disappoint. No idea how Stephanie St. Klaire does it but each book is equally good if not better than the last.
This time we meet the “broken” brother Luke, twin of Liam, and former soldier. Luke feels he is broken because of not knowing how to fit back in to civilian life after having been a soldier. He doesn’t want to let new people into his life, he finds it hard enough loving his family and worrying about losing them because of what he do
Patty
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dang.  Just when I thought I had a favorite in this series, Stephanie had to go and write a better one.  I was sucked into Luke's story from the very beginning.  I mean wow!  His story blew me away.

Luke is broken.  He has done some unsavory things in his life for the good of his country and family.  All this has taken its toll on his emotional well-being.  He thinks that he is unworthy of love and happiness.  But when an unexpected job lands in his lap in the form of a petite and beautiful woma
Carey S.
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is something rotten in Washington, D.C., and Brother's Keeper Security is in the thick of trying to sort it out. U.S. Attorney Carter Landry makes an appearance here, as well as a few other folks from the McKenzie Ridge Series in this book. I love seeing people from the prior series show up in this series. It's a nice way of connecting things.

Daisy witnesses a murder at the start of the book, and Carter Landry helps her get away. She ends up in the care of Brother's Keeper Security, and sp
books are love
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great story for Luke. It showed us really who he was behind the mask. We got to see how deeply he feels but also how much he believes he doesn’t deserve life or love because of what he has done in the past to keep others safe. He feels he is a monster and it just hurts your heart because he is such a loyal, caring man.

Daisy is a force. A hot mess but she is so what Luke needs. She is kind, caring, bubbly but also stubborn. she witnesses a murder and get the brother’s involved when Ca
Carol
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie St Klaire does it again! Brother’s Keeper III: Luke is a captivating, thrilling, page turner with hot,panty-melting passion thrown in. O’Reilly brother #3, Luke, the dark angsty twin of Liam(Book 2),is the brawn to Liam’s brains. Retired military due to a career ending injury, Luke was born and trained a deep black ops soldier. He doesn’t know how to be anything else, he doesn’t want to be anything else. Being at home in Portland, Oregon in the family security business is not how he pl ...more
Cynthia
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have loved each one of the books in this series. The author gives you an action pack read with humor, romance, sorrow, pain, longing, suspense, needs and some very passionate scenes, with delightful twists and turns you are going to love. I enjoyed getting to know the characters watching them going through the paces with deep emotions. The author gives you strong women who support their men and those men know how to keep them safe protecting them at each turn. I had some smiles and some laugh ...more
Carol
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacy
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie had me hook, line and sinker. My eyes were glued from page one! I loved this book so much! I devoured the entire thing in one sitting. Once I started, I just couldn't stop. It has everything I love in a book; comedy, romance, friendship, angst, suspense and plenty of surprises.
Luke started off being so cold and indifferent, and ended being so unbelievably romantic I couldn't help but swoon. And the comradery and ribbing between Luke and his brothers was both hilarious and admirable.
Cathy Tremblay
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Sometimes we do bad things for the right reasons. Sometimes…that makes you a hero”.
Luke O’Reilly is a retired soldier that works with his brothers at Brother’s Keeper; a high security, high tech company. He’s all about his family, work and carries around the weight of his past. He’s gruff, tough, a bad guy that doesn’t believe in happily ever afters and being worthy of a good life.
Daisy is a peaceful, kind of a free spirited woman that lives a quiet life with her dog. She does singing gigs an
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Forever Stars

Stephanie St. Klaire has done it again. Her writing gets better and better with every single book she brings us and Brother’s Keeper: Luke is no exception. Luke O’Reilly is the epitome of a broken man who feels he doesn’t deserve anything good in is life. He has seen bad things and has done even worse, and even though two of his brothers have found love and families of their own, he still feels he is undeserving. Tasked with keeping their newest job safe, Luke can’t take his eyes
Booknerd_1107
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brother’s Keeper III: Luke

**received an ARC in exchange for an honest review***

4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The third book in the Brother’s Keepers series is all about Luke. The quiet, dangerous, but handsome brother who believes he isn’t good enough to have a happy life. But when Daisy walks into his life she might be able to change that. Stephanie St. Klaire spins a romantic suspense story that will keep you invested and have you wondering what will happen next and which brother will be the next to fall.

Daisy jus
Dawn Yacovetta
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luke might just be my favorite brother. He's the quiet type, too much in his past to think there's much good coming in his future. Then Daisy comes into the picture. She would probably do well in some witness protection program if it weren't for the fact that people in the government are after her for witnessing something she wasn't meant to see. Luke thinks he can simply do his job and protect her the way he does anyone else. But as things become more dangerous, the attraction between them gets ...more
Heather Miller
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this book we have Luke, who is an ex military man. He is a man of small words. He doesn't talk much, very quite, keeps to himself. But, a large man, over 6'2" and very muscular. He lost friends while in the military during war. He doesn't like to get attached. He loves his family deeply. Luke is a troubled man. Daisy can tell that he is tormented inside. He wants to be with her, but, at the same time he needs to remain distant from her so he can keep doing his job.

The Brother's Keeper's save
Terri
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, street-team-book
Holy cow! Stephanie St. Klaire is certainly making a place for herself at the top with the best of romance writers. Her character's are so well developed, but that's not even the best thing about her writing. She creates a wonderfully woven story of romance that makes your heart throb, humor that makes you laugh out loud, suspense that makes your heart beat faster, sex that makes body parts throb and HEA's that make you cry. St. Klaire has it all!
These Brother's Keeper's stories continue to amaz
Lila Ford
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
0 out of 5 starsLove is always what is needed to make you complete
ByLila Fordon May 10, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Brothers Keeper: Luke is the third in the O'Reilly Brothers series that only Stephanie St. Klaire can bring to life. Each book is about a different brother and this third book is about Luke. Luke will make you swoon with each page you read. He is former military and he protects his family with his life.

Daisy King sees something she wasn't suppose to see and now she
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Blackout: A Romance Anthology
  • The Legacy Collection Box Set: Books 1-6
  • Eagle (Linear Tactical, #2)
  • Baby (Linear Tactical #9)
  • It's Not Over (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Book 6)
  • Chasing the Knight (Stealth Ops #6)
  • No Fair Lady (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #5)
  • Declan
  • Brandon (Anderson Billionaires, #3)
  • Defending Raven (Mountain Mercenaries,  #7)
  • Redeeming the Rejected (Rogue Dragons #4)
  • No White Knight (Heroes of Heart's Edge #6)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Truth of the Matter (Potomac Point Book 2)
  • Down Deep (Station Seventeen #4)
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • Danger and Desire: A Romantic Suspense Anthology
About Stephanie St. Klaire

Stephanie St. Klaire debuted in 2016, launching her writing career with Rescued, the first book in the six book series known as McKenzie Ridge. Stephanie is a Pacific Northwest native currently living in Oregon with her husband, five children, and two ferocious lap dogs.

As a writer, Stephanie brings realistic circumstances to the pages, and fills them with real emotion,

Brother's Keeper (5 books)
  • Declan (Brother's Keeper #1)
  • Liam (Brother's Keeper #2)
  • Brother's Keeper IV: Dace