Start by marking “Light Upon Light” as Want to Read:
Light Upon Light

Light Upon Light

A compilation of Forty Letters to readers.

Rest. Read. Reflect.

What is he trying to tell you?
Published 2018 by Nur Fadhilah Wahid (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Light Upon Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Upon Light

Start your review of Light Upon Light
Siqahiqa
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pertama kali aku membaca karya penulis dan aku sangat sukakannya. Seorang penulis yang bakal aku ikuti karya beliau.

Buku ini merupakan kompilasi 40 surat mengenai kehidupan penulis. Self-reflection about what happened in the author’s life on a daily basis and what did she learned in each situation. Banyak perkara yang penulis lalui yang membuatkan penulis bertanya akan kehidupannya sendiri dan akhirnya penulis sedar bahawa everything did happen for a reason.

Most of the reflection in this book i
Ain Mc
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do I say about a book that breaks my heart in all the right ways? I can't put it into words but what I know for sure is, Fadhilah Wahid is indeed a God-sent blessing. Her words resonate with so much love and light, it is able to invite even the most broken soul to come back to the one True Path. It is such an easy and light read but one with heavy messages that would definitely put your heart to ease. This book would definitely help you see things in a new light, if you haven't already. Ins ...more
Türkan
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"An intention is a very powerful thing; it is the very foundation of all our actions, and it determines not only the final outcome, but the emotions and thoughts we have when doing the action. "

I LOVED THIS. It was a beautiful book about self-reflections by author, which she wrote as letters to the readers. She shared the events of her life from 2013-2014 on a daily basis, and are filled with lessons we could all learn from. It's a collection of relatable self-reflection short stories which
Jimah
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A collection of relatable self-reflection short notes which I may repeat every once in a while for self reminder. Touching the heart with simple yet beautifully written words. Love the way the writer composed her thought into words. Not in a rush to finish it.
Mali
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
moved me to tears. really recommend this to everyone. it is so unlike the reflections I've read before. i detect hints of Sufi in this book. then again, I've read somewhere that Singaporean Malays/Muslims are heavily influenced by Sufism. ...more
Tuscany Bernier
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A beautiful collection of letters from Ms. Wahid. May her work be a testament to her strong belief, insha'Allah. ...more
KakEllereads
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent read. Alhamdulillah 🥰
Aisha (thatothernigeriangirl)
“Your today must be better than yesterday or else you have deteriorated”- Muhammad, God’s blessings and peace be upon him

I received a review copy of this book from Kube Publishing and once again I’m in awe of this publishing house and how rich the Muslim writers’ voice actually is.
Light Upon Light by Nur Fadhilah Wahid is a collection of 40 letters she wrote to her audience (I’m guessing she had/has a newsletter platform) between 2013 and 2014.
Each letter is essentially an introspective piece t
Iris Ymra
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a compilation of self-reflection by the author, that she wrote as a letter to her readers.

She shared life event on daily basis, that's full with lessons when one decided to seek wisdom from it. So many things that she had gone through, that had made her started to question her life only then made her realized that everything did happen for a reason.

It's quiet mind blowing for me too, because most of the reflection in this book is kind of answering my loud mind that's been occupied
Saraa Jama
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Reading for the soul.

"In our race towards efficiency and productivity, we constantly find ourselves accelerating, running forward, and pushing our boundaries. How can we maximize our time and fill it with activities full of goodness? How do we fulfil a rainbow of responsibilities with only twenty-four hours in a day? As we find ourselves on board the bullet train, we forget to step off at each station to experience the beauty that is life."

Ella Susanna Maria Anderson :Esma
"May we always be open
Khadeeja
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Think journal enteries that are constant reminders of Allah. These anecdotes unpack the complexity of living in he dunya and still being God conscious. This is a great daily motivator and hugely recommended as an iman booster or even a starting point for anyone who wants to learn how to reflect.
Hasanah HM
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love, love all the reminders and reflections in every one of her letters. I think all of them are relatable to my journey towards relearning Islam and discovering my deeper self. This is definitely one of the very rare books that can both make readers think deeply and feel strongly about Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.

Overall, a light read in quantity but a heavy read in quality- in a good way, of course! :)

Jazakillah khairan kathira for writing this book!
Tyra Salleh
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buku ni ditulis oleh penulis dari Singapura, berbahasa English dan ianya adalah kompilasi 40 surat yang penulis pernah kongsi dengan subscriber dia. Bercirikan self reflection dan sejenis buku keagamaan yang ringan dan menusuk terusss ke dalam hati hahaha..

Buku ni dah jadi my most favourite book sebab isinya sangat dekat dengan diri aku. Setiap persoalan yg sering aku persoalkan dalam hidup, aku jumpa jawapannya dalam buku ni. Setiap masalah yang aku hadapi, aku tak jumpa penyelesaiannya tetapi
Sabrina Aokira
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely not your average book. Almost feels like reading a diary with the ups and down, the self-doubt, the lack of trust in God, the resentment to God. .
The path to do good is not all flowery. The path to be consistent in your faith sometime become a struggle. This book is a book of a reminder. You don't have to rush the chapter or rush to finish it. Read it when you're in dire of lowest because it will remind you that you are never alone facing the trouble & worries of life.
I have been f
Nurhazwani Rahmat
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is raw, full of self-reflections from author that serves as a reminder for readers. You'll get to see the glimpse of how the author matures in her thought process, growing, building her self up. Shaping her, also shaping us. ...more
Wan Nor Hanifah Hidayah Hanifah Hidayah Wan Kamaruddin
A self reflection book.
Full of positive vibes and wisdom.

The whole book make me think Allah is sooo amazing.

And i’m being soo thankful after reading this book. Alhamdulillah
Nisa
_immareadyou
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a much needed breath of fresh air, especially doing these turbulent times. "Light Upon Light" by Nur Fadhilah Wahid is not a book to make you feel content momentarily. It is meant to break you open and expose you. Fadhilah is unyielding in her own exposure, using the projections of her own Islamic journey to draw her readers in. Her emotions are my emotions, her worries are my worries, her aspirations are my aspirations. By honing in on her experiences, she gave me the gift of deep self ...more
Faqihah Hasnizam
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Very few books have resonated with me like this one. It’s a collection of reflections from a girl on her journey back to her Rabb. I love the fact that she wrote about how her hijra affected the people around her, namely her family and close friends. I think that anyone who wishes to take on the spiritual journey back to Islam will inevitably face such obstacles, but I love how she eloquently explains how she dealt with it. Very few books would give practical advice on these kinds of situations, ...more
siso.sofy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book caught my attention because of the title. Light upon light which come from one of my favourite verse in the quran from surah An-Nur.

Definitely worth the trip to Singapore to buy this beautiful book. The writer able to touch my heart and teach me how to view the world from a better perspective. Alhamdulillah. I never read her writing before but definitely going to follow her after this.
Ieza
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alhamdulillah i’m truly inspired by this book and one major change that i had taken in my daily life is by writing daily journal. I also found that writing journal helped me a lot in improving my reflection towards my life and purpose of my life. Alhamdulillah...thank you to the author for sharing her personal stories that surely can inspire others in finding their light😍😍
Nur Izzati
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loves all her writing in this book. It softly touch my heart. And i believe most of readers will feel that Ms Fadhilah wrote all those letters with her heart. She speaks the reality. She "speaks" what our mind and heart think and feel.

I hope more people will able to read your writings and may Allah bless you Jannah :')
Liyana Yamin
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021
This book amplified the reflection on life, love and God. Learning about the journey towards God with constant gratitude and not go be swayed with the world. It is so essential to strive to be vigilant about what we dedicate our attention to - which is remembrance of God and making smart investments especially to our spiritual being.
Elma Saviana A
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Made up of Fadhilah's very own personal short reflections. Read the book, word by word, slowly digest and you will be surprised at how even the simplest of words can have the ability to spiritually touch and shape your heart. ...more
Syarafina
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The letters written in the content of this book is inspiring. Love how the author describes on the strength behind every downfall, the moral behind every stories and the hardships that could be overcome when we trust in Allah. life can be simple that way, by putting your trust in him.
thewayfarer11
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A light reading for the soul
Najihah Zainal
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The author speaks my mind and her stories hit me hard. She found wisdom in every situation she’s in. Highly recommended for those who are searching for soul reflections book.
norsajidahzulkafli
Iium clan here. 🙋🏻‍♀️😁 A great book Alhamdulillah. I love how the author can relate her daily experiences with Islam & God. A light-reading yet insightful one mashaAllah.
Nur Aisyah Muhammad Radzi
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's like a 2am chat with a sister talking about life and Allah ...more
Kev
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved how honest the writer was & she shares valuable knowledge from the people of knowledge in her life
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Being A Quran Tag Girl
  • Revive Your Heart: Putting Life in Perspective
  • Talk to Allah
  • Homeless
  • Purification of the Heart: Signs, Symptoms and Cures of the Spiritual Diseases of the Heart
  • Pelukis Jalanan