Start by marking “Light Upon Light” as Want to Read:
Light Upon Light

Light Upon Light

A compilation of Forty Letters to readers.

Rest. Read. Reflect.

What is he trying to tell you?
Published 2018 by Nur Fadhilah Wahid (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Light Upon Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Upon Light

Ain Mc
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do I say about a book that breaks my heart in all the right ways? I can't put it into words but what I know for sure is, Fadhilah Wahid is indeed a God-sent blessing. Her words resonate with so much love and light, it is able to invite even the most broken soul to come back to the one True Path. It is such an easy and light read but one with heavy messages that would definitely put your heart to ease. This book would definitely help you see things in a new light, if you haven't already. Ins ...more
Jimah
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A collection of relatable self-reflection short notes which I may repeat every once in a while for self reminder. Touching the heart with simple yet beautifully written words. Love the way the writer composed her thought into words. Not in a rush to finish it.
Aisha
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Your today must be better than yesterday or else you have deteriorated”- Muhammad, God’s blessings and peace be upon him

I received a review copy of this book from Kube Publishing and once again I’m in awe of this publishing house and how rich the Muslim writers’ voice actually is.
Light Upon Light by Nur Fadhilah Wahid is a collection of 40 letters she wrote to her audience (I’m guessing she had/has a newsletter platform) between 2013 and 2014.
Each letter is essentially an introspective piece t
Hasanah HM
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love, love all the reminders and reflections in every one of her letters. I think all of them are relatable to my journey towards relearning Islam and discovering my deeper self. This is definitely one of the very rare books that can both make readers think deeply and feel strongly about Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.

Overall, a light read in quantity but a heavy read in quality- in a good way, of course! :)

Jazakillah khairan kathira for writing this book!
Tyra Salleh
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buku ni ditulis oleh penulis dari Singapura, berbahasa English dan ianya adalah kompilasi 40 surat yang penulis pernah kongsi dengan subscriber dia. Bercirikan self reflection dan sejenis buku keagamaan yang ringan dan menusuk terusss ke dalam hati hahaha..

Buku ni dah jadi my most favourite book sebab isinya sangat dekat dengan diri aku. Setiap persoalan yg sering aku persoalkan dalam hidup, aku jumpa jawapannya dalam buku ni. Setiap masalah yang aku hadapi, aku tak jumpa penyelesaiannya tetapi
Sabrina Aokira
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely not your average book. Almost feels like reading a diary with the ups and down, the self-doubt, the lack of trust in God, the resentment to God. .
The path to do good is not all flowery. The path to be consistent in your faith sometime become a struggle. This book is a book of a reminder. You don't have to rush the chapter or rush to finish it. Read it when you're in dire of lowest because it will remind you that you are never alone facing the trouble & worries of life.
I have be
Nurhazwani Rahmat
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is raw, full of self-reflections from author that serves as a reminder for readers. You'll get to see the glimpse of how the author matures in her thought process, growing, building her self up. Shaping her, also shaping us.
Wan Nor Hanifah Hidayah Hanifah Hidayah Wan Kamaruddin
A self reflection book.
Full of positive vibes and wisdom.

The whole book make me think Allah is sooo amazing.

And i’m being soo thankful after reading this book. Alhamdulillah
Faqihah Hasnizam
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Very few books have resonated with me like this one. It’s a collection of reflections from a girl on her journey back to her Rabb. I love the fact that she wrote about how her hijra affected the people around her, namely her family and close friends. I think that anyone who wishes to take on the spiritual journey back to Islam will inevitably face such obstacles, but I love how she eloquently explains how she dealt with it. Very few books would give practical advice on these kinds of situations, ...more
Rhapsodysufi Othman
This book caught my attention because of the title. Light upon light which come from one of my favourite verse in the quran from surah An-Nur.

Definitely worth the trip to Singapore to buy this beautiful book. The writer able to touch my heart and teach me how to view the world from a better perspective. Alhamdulillah. I never read her writing before but definitely going to follow her after this.
Nur Izzati
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loves all her writing in this book. It softly touch my heart. And i believe most of readers will feel that Ms Fadhilah wrote all those letters with her heart. She speaks the reality. She "speaks" what our mind and heart think and feel.

I hope more people will able to read your writings and may Allah bless you Jannah :')
norsajidahzulkafli
Iium clan here. 🙋🏻♀😁 A great book Alhamdulillah. I love how the author can relate her daily experiences with Islam & God. A light-reading yet insightful one mashaAllah. ...more
Nur Sadiqah
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Go. And. Read. This. Book.
Mya Jacob