Start by marking “Torn Soul (Dragon Soul, #1)” as Want to Read:
Torn Soul (Dragon Soul, #1)

Torn Soul

(Dragon Soul #1)

The only way to leave the ring, is to forfeit the right to win.

Holly's never had a true home, or a family, unless she counts the boxing ring at Dragon Soul. But she's been in one place for too long, and it's time to move on.

Until her...

When Holly finds herself faced with a brand new opponent, there's more than just rivalry brewing in the ring.

Torn Soul is an f/f romance s
Published July 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Torn Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn Soul

Start your review of Torn Soul (Dragon Soul, #1)
Danielle's
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this audiobook. The narrator fits perfectly and the story was really good.

Holly has never really fit in and fighting is the way she likes to take her anger out on the world. She was close with her mum but after she passed holly has never mended the wound.

This is a shifter dragon F/F story.

The romance was really good and I’m usually all about romance but I’d have liked more of a shifter side story.
Lola
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
These were both new to me authors and one of the first FF romances I read. So I had no idea what to expect, but was curious to find out. Torn Soul follows the story of Holly who has a lot of anger and guilt inside of her and she can't let it go. She deals by fighting in the boxing ring. Ever since her mother died she has been this way and she has no other family. Torn Soul was a fun short read about two earth dragons who fall in love, but also about Holly finding her place.

The book starts when H
SJ
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautify written romance between Holly, who is an angry and extremely sad young lady who finds an outlet in boxing and Tamsin, who is taking a hiatus from her life, they find each other unexpectedly but the course of true love never runs smooth

A clean but beautifully written romance which is full of feeling and depth, this is a fantastic read and i thoroughly enjoyed it
Ola Adamska
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2018
This is my First ff read in all The meaning of That Word. But I think it's a Great start into it!
Holly she has so much anger and The in herself. She doesnt have Her own place in aby community. She lives Like a nomad.
Tamsin has a community, has Life with Her family, but The decided to step back from it.
Both meet on The boxing ring.
What will come from That meeting and will They work it out?
Tanya
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is only one way to leave the ring now is to stop fighting. She wants to leave but that is until another arrives. There is also an attraction between these two female. Will she leave the ring? How will her life change? See what will happen

Susie
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susie by: Booksprout
*I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.*

This is my first dragon shifter novel and, I have to say, I quite enjoyed it. Beautiful storytelling, believable characters, it just all fits nicely together. Who would have thought that finding your perfect match would lead also to finding yourself? Both Holly and Tamsin find something that they were missing in this that they never realised that they needed.

A nice quick read which left me with a warm, snugg
Jennifer G
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Holly is filled with hurt and anger. All of that goes away when she's in the ring fighting. She's been alone since her mother died. She doesn't have a true home, just brief stops before she feels the need to move on again. This stop is a dorm attached to a bar. It's as good a place as any. She can get in the ring and fight and then have a drink to cool off. She can help with deliveries to stay in shape. No one takes much notice of her and that is just fine. But then she meets a new opponent, Tam ...more
Douglas Williamson
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our two heroines have had very different upbringings, resulting in very different worldviews. Can they find the common ground to explore the pull between them?

This is a paranormal F/F romance story. While this is book one of this latest series, it shares a setting with some of the author's prior works. It is not necessary to have read the previous stories, but doing so will provide a little more background for the setting.

Fortunately, the story is very well written and new readers will pick up o
Brianna Belbin
This was a really great start to a new series! Holly has been a loner since the age of ten when her mother abandoned her and she has her walls built extremely high. She fights at Dragon Soul to deal with her anger and guilt and one day in the ring, she meets a new opponent. Tamsin is just about the complete opposite of Holly- she has a family, knows about her shifter abilities and heritage, and is cheerfull and self assured. Sparks fly as soon as they meet and soon all of Holly’s walls seem to c ...more
Leslie Sanchez
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to give 5 stars to each author. Arizona Tape and Laura Greenwood have provided an excellent escape to the Twin Souls Universe again. I read the book in one day because I couldn’t bear to put it down. Holly is a loner and a fighter at Dragon Soul. She’s been on her since she was 10 years old. She has no idea what it really means to be a dragon and has no ties to any other dragons. Tamsin is travelling to see the world before her 25th birthday when she’ll return to her Commune. Tamsin start ...more
Cassandra Cobb
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Torn Soul is a great story of a young girl who learns more about a world she's always been a part of. Having lived for fourteen years without letting anyone get close, Holly begins to have strong feelings for the new girl, Tamsin, at Dragon Soul. But just what does it mean when Holly begins to want more than Tamsin is willing to give? A great tale of finding yourself and letting others in to help you when you didn't even know you needed help. Laura Greenwood is able to tell this tale of fear and ...more
Renée
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Torn Soul is fabulous start to the Dragon Soul series. This book follows Holly a fighter/boxer who’s staying at Dragon Soul. The location works perfectly for her needs with a boxing ring where she can fight out her aggression. Things are shaken up when a new guest - Tasmin, is accidentally asleep in her bed.
Holly’s story will lead her on a journey to a little heartbreak and discovering herself, as well as learning more about the Earth Dragons culture and finding her mate.

This book can be read
Claudia
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holly was a lost, angry Earth dragon, a professional fighter in Dragon Soul, a place where all dragons could mix and really be who they were.
One day she meets another fighter - Tamsin, and they become close friends. There could be more, but Tamsin is nearly 25 and waiting for the disclosure who her mate is.
Missing Tamsin, Holly goes to the commune she believes Tamsin to be and discovers many things about herself.
A lovely love story, written with empathy about a young person full of anger and th
Sue Wallace
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torn soul by Laura Greenwood.
The only way to leave the ring, is to forfeit the right to win.
Until her...
This was a fantastic read with great characters. It was a little slow at the start but once Holly met Tamsin i couldn't put i
TipseyBookReviews
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holly has been on her own since her mom dies when she was little. She has built walls to protect herself from getting close to others. She lets her emotions out in the boxing ring. Enter Tamsin, who is basically taking a break from her life. I like that they talk openly about their feelings and help each other. Can their feelings/relationship last with the complexities of dragon culture and mates?
Book Addict
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first FF story and i am glad that i started with Laura Greenwood and Arizona Tape as they has written a fun short story about some really interesting characters. Holly is quite a different character, she is very angry and has a lot of guilt that follows her around. It is good to read her finding love and learn who she is in the process. This is an enjoyable quick read that keeps the reader interested and is recommended to all the fans of Laura and Arizona'a books, both old and new.
Donna
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This first book in the Dragon Soul series was an interesting read and I really enjoyed it. Whilst the F/F relationship at the centre of it wont be to everyone's taste, there's no sexual content, so it's ok for me. And with the drama, emotion and action involved, it was a great read that I'd definitely recommend for all fans of shifter stories.
NB I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I always give an HONEST review based wholly on my own opinions
Sara
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-booklist
A beautifully written story about Holly, who is an angry with woman who boxes to relieve herself from the anger if only for a little bit and Tamsin who is taking a break from regular life for a little while.

You've got a wonderful FF story that is so easy to follow and once you start you can't stop reading until you're finished. I loved every moment of this book. It pulls you in and doesn't stop.
Michelle
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torn Soul is my first FF love story but since it was written by two great authors I figured I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did because the story was great and the characters were interesting. Holly really intrigued me because she's a loner and has a tough exterior that makes it hard to let new people in but when she meets Tamsin everything changes. This is a beautiful love story and I look forward to reading more by this author duo in the future. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Bluepits73
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

Love Holly's growth as a character as she learns to unleash her dragon and builds a connection with Tamsin. The authors really pull a fast one on us at the end, they make us believe they arent going to give us the desired ending but then at the last minute they make it happen.

Great narration! The narrator was an excellent fit for these two characters and did a great job throughout.
Michelle
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this cute romance. Holly has a tough exterior due to her traumatic past, and Tamsin is just the person to help her bring out her softer side and experience what life has to offer. Add in the intricacies of dragon culture, and things are bound to be interesting.
This book was short and sweet. I definitely look forward to finding out what is next in this series.
Tera Comer
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
All I gotta say is Love is Love and this book is beautifully written to show the romance between Holly and Tamsin. There is so much feeling and depth to the start of the relationship it made my heart hurt, you will have to read the book to understand that part. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Anne Dwyer
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holly has been on her own since her mother disappeared when she was 14. She has been fighting, to burn up her anger ad her loneliness. Then a new opponent turns her world upside down. What is it about Tamsin? A great story!

Scarolet Ellis
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torn Soul by Laura Greenwood is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in this series and a wonderful start to a brand new series that I fell in love with. I loved reading this story and can not wait to read book number two and I highly recommend this story to everyone.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An abundance of endless intrigue that will have you frantically turning the pages! An exciting storyline that makes you feel as if you are there watching the story as it unfolds! Fun, enjoyable, intense and emotionally moving! Amazing hot chemistry you just want to sink your teeth into! One heck of an amazing must read!
Shakera
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I don't usually like F/F, but I enjoyed this immensely. Add in dragons, and I'm there! This was well done. I'm excited to see where this series goes. The characters were awesome and the narration was great. I would love to listen to the next book!

🎧AudiobookObsession🎧
Carole
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragons
A great story about 2 dragons that find their mates.
Not what you would expect, but interesting and likeable.
Each of them have their own issues and insecurities to deal with.
Loved the series.
Amanda Sauer
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author never disappoints. I love her writing style and I like how every book she can draw the reader in. This is a great read.
DMA
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was somewhat unusual for a paranormal romance. It was a lovely dragon love story. Good characters and interesting storyline.
Lisa
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very simplistic plot that was not really interesting. Felt like half a story.
The Paranormal Co...: Torn Soul is nominated for an audio award! 1 3 Aug 15, 2019 08:00AM
The Paranormal Co...: Completed Series: Dragon Soul 2 2 Aug 15, 2019 07:59AM

• Hell's Calling (Infernal Descent #1)
  • No After You (Celebrities, #1)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
  • Soulswap (Twin Souls, #1)
  • Soultrade (Twin Souls, #3)
  • Diary of a Succubus
  • A Spy Like Me (Circle of Spies, #1)
  • Fighting for Infinity (The Kindrily, #3)
  • Nightworld Academy: Term One (Nightworld Academy #1)
  • Amy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #1)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #1)
  • Queen Heir (NYC Mecca, #1)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • Pandora's Pain (Harem of Misery, #1)
  • Parasite (Parasitology, #1)
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Dragon Soul (2 books)
  • Bound Soul (Dragon Soul, #2)

News & Interviews