Start by marking “Hexen's Binding” as Want to Read:
Hexen's Binding

Hexen's Binding

(Hexen's Cross #2)

Bryden changed everything. History that once was, is no longer. And life doesn't exist as it once did. Hellia lurks in the shadows between worlds, but the specter of the once-powerful hexen is the least of Taran Grim's worries. Something happened that day in Bryden. Something Taran failed to see. And Coll might be the one paying the price.
Published September 23rd 2019 by Gatekeeper Press

To ask other readers questions about Hexen's Binding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hexen's Binding

Lauren Horowitz
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hexen's Binding sets the stage for an incredibly climactic book 3 of J. Kowallis's mesmerizing trilogy, Hexen's Cross. Themes of family and magic cast a spell to keep every reader eager for more!
Amy Braun
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic sequel packed with drama and lore and thrilling witchcraft. Much of the story revolved around Taran's relationship with her family, especially her father. With the alternate reality playing into the majority of the story, readers are able to meet new characters who add a lot of personality to the story. I particularly enjoyed Angie, who I hope will have a larger role in future books.

Taran continued to be a strong character who will do anything to correct her mistakes and
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
*Spoiler free review*

An amazing continuation from Hexen’s Cross with rich history and lore which propels the reader further into the world the author has created. An addictive storyline which will leave readers hooked right up to the final page. Would definitely recommend to any fantasy lovers!
carrie thackston
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great follow-up to Hexen's Cross! Taran and Coll have returned from Bryden and it is immediately apparent something has changed. Well not only something, but the past and multiple events that shaped Coll and Taran into the people they were have changed and altered who they are now. Coll has changed for a completely different reason. Hexen's Binding is a journey for Taran as she combines who she was before Bryden with who she is now. She is a much stronger person and it's obvious that some ...more
Paige Yutsus
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to be pulled into a magical world full of rich lore and and wonderful characters. I loved this book!

So, if you haven't read Hexen's Cross, I strongly recommend you do, because man is it awesome. The Intense world built around Dr. Taran Grim is so descriptive and alluring, you'll wish YOU were secretly a key to a master magical prophecy. There are even pronunciation guides at the beginning. You get even more backstory on Taran and the life she wishes could be normal in this book. Every
Tricia
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Hexen's Cross Taran was impressive in so many ways but she seemed to be lacking in the practice of the Hexen craft and it was clear that she would need to bolster that moving forward. I couldn't imagine just how exactly that would come about in Hexen's Binding and I was truly surprised how it did in the best way. Some say the pen is mightier than the sword and that has maybe never been as true as it is for Taran, especially when that pen is building a magical arsenal of knowledge into her own ...more
J.
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
There may be some personal bias ;)
Michele Hossack
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I finished reading Hexen's Cross, I was very happy to start the sequel the next day. The journey gets better with each turn of the page. Taran faces chaos as her life is altered from her experiences in Bryden. Relationships with the Donovans and her own family members take on new paths that continue to force Taran to grow and develop into a powerful Hexen, trying to understand her role in an ancient prophesy. The ending is a cliff hanger, so now I'll be counting down the days for the next b ...more
Georgia
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy for an honest review. This one was so much better than the first. I loved getting to know Sera and Emilia better and even some glimpses of Taran’s sisters. New characters were introduced because of the change in the timeline and those were actually some of my favorite characters besides the obvious. This book is filled with action, drama, suspense, and a hint of romance that will make you swoon. I cannot wait for the next one. I’m in love with this series!!!
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Only love for this series. omg. ❤ ...more
Jolibois
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I received a free copy for an honest review.**
I really enjoyed the first book and found the second a bit predictable. Nonetheless it is a very good follow up to the first book. Some characters have now got a more meaningful role and we get to discover them in a new light.
Although as I said it is a bit predictable, you just have that nagging feeling all along that something will come around the corner and it does! Like in the first book, once again the end is fantastic!!! It's reall
Mackenzie Jane
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hexen's Binding grabbed my attention and kept it until the last page! I adore this J. Kowallis and the world she has created! She manages to get the perfect blend of magic and romance every time!
My favorite witchy world by far!
Ashley
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I didn’t like the beginning of the book as much as I liked the last one but that’s only because I missed the witty banter between Taran and Coll...there’s a reason for that though that is worth the wait!

Book 2 starts right after the last book. A lot had happened, Coll lost his memory and both Taran and Coll changed their timelines with the events at the end of book 1.

Taran finds herself in a totally different life where her dad didn’t die in front of he
Catalina
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prophesies. Witchcraft. History. Family. Love.

A heart-clenching, perfectly exquisite sequel... I don't even know where to begin.

In order to read this book, I picked up Hexen's Cross again. With the story fresh in my kind, the riveting sequel unfolded. Heart-wrenching, pulse- pounding, tear-inducing, complete masterpiece.

I'm still amazed by the rich folkloric detail J.Kowallis has put into this book. Brynden? I can still feel the plush of the grass underneath m
carrie thackston
Great writing, wonderful characters! One of the best series this year!

Toni Swinehart
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Following the first book, this one was quite a surprise when we meet a special someone from Taran's past. This was such a great story that introduced a few new characters because when this story begins, its in a whole new tineline. This timeline, Taran is more dedicated to her craft and has some catching up to do (with herself). She is trying to save Coll from the past and is learning a little more about herself too. She takes some big risks, will they pay off? I hope so...
H.M. Gooden
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic follow up to her first book, once again the author has created a masterpiece of family legends, magic and danger. Just when Taran thought her work was done, everything changes. Will she be strong enough to save the man she loves? A fascinating look into mythology as it could be now, I can not wait for the next book!
I received an advance copy of this book and reviewed wholeheartedly!
Tricia
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HEXEN'S BINDING BY J. KOWALLIS
Chelsea Taylor
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erin
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this follow up to Hexen's Cross. Things have changed thanks to Bryden and neither Taran an Coll are ready for what could be the consequences. The many twists and turns keep you reading through needing to know what will happen next.
Lily Brochette
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing follow-up!

The storry really builds up to creat a great serie! it is full of twists and turns and you just can't put the book down!
Plus the characters are just amazingly written.

*ARC generously provided by the author
Sophia  McIntyre
Aug 16, 2019
Melleny
Aug 29, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Add book to series 2 17 May 16, 2018 02:03PM
J. Kowallis graduated from Weber State University’s creative writing program, and lives in Utah with her Mini Schnauzer, Etta. She enjoys dreaming about, flying to, and writing about distant lands (real or unreal).

Hexen's Cross (2 books)