Start by marking “Murder Of A Dead Man” as Want to Read:
Murder Of A Dead Man

Murder Of A Dead Man (Detective Trevor Joseph Series #3)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  222 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Third book in the Detective Trevor Joseph series.

Jubilee Street – the haunt of addicts and vagrants is a part of town to avoid at all costs, especially when it becomes the stalking ground of a brutal and ruthless murderer.

A drunken down and out is the first casualty, mutilated and burned alive but his grisly death raises even more problems for the investigating officers, S
Hardcover
Published January 1st 1997 by St. Martin's Press (first published December 28th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Of A Dead Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Of A Dead Man

Margaret
Jun 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Godawful. The basic premise on which the plot depends is beyond ludicrous. I guessed the baddy when the character was introduced - almost before a crime had been committed - because of the way s/he was described.

The police officers are far more interested in their convoluted sex lives than catching any criminals and are uniformly unattractive, uninteresting & uninvolving. Except for the one who is an utter dick - he's even more annoying than the others.

And these police officers are also hap
Jill Hutchinson
Jun 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
I had read Six Foot Under another of Ms. John's books in the Sergeant Trevor Joseph series and enjoyed it enough to find another. My error!!!! This is a ridiculous book with an incredible premise (I won't even bother to mention it) and one of those stories that reveals the murderer (who only appears briefly) in the last three pages with a quick explanation of why he did it. I was so fascinated by the idiocy of the story that I actually finished it. Pretty damn bad book.
Ruth
Jul 26, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Another kindle freebie that I downloaded accidentally not realising that it was the third book in a series. The prologue was good but the book went downhill for me thereafter. Do I really need to know the one character's musings as to whether she should stop the dishwasher cycle or not? Seems a bit clunky if it was meant to symbolise the indecisive nature of the character. I did not manage to get very far so unable to recommend.
Rob Jinkerson
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, mystery, thriller
I really enjoyed this crime thriller. It's fast paced with a few unexpected turns. As with all good crime thrillers, the main crime is mixed with two or three other related crimes that provide interest throughout the book and allow the reader to try and work out who the murderer is- they won't though!
Adrienne Testa
This story would have been better, if the author reduced the wordy chapters and stuck with the story. Trevor and his team are looking for a killer, who set a homeless man on fire and torched a squat killing runaways. One of the team members keeps secrets about the man they are searching for. Daisy and Trevor has there moment in time, as Lyn has her own issues to resolve.
Pam
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this Lady can certainly write a good book,three books in a row,and about to start the next one, its great that there's continuity from one book to another, you feel as if you are a part of Trevor and Peter's Police life.
Jean
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good read from Katherine John. Following the two detectives from previous books who ate trying to solve the murder of a down and out, finding that all is not what it seems. This book kept me interested to the last page. The ending came as a surprise finding out who the murderer was.
susan abson
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read.

This is the third book in the series and the characters are becoming nicely rounded out. The setting and characters are familiar but the story lines are different in each book. I cannot wait to read the next book
Chris
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
this is one brilliant book with so many twists and turns that it keeps you guessing until the end. A fabulous read which took me only a few days to read. Thank you Katherine.

chris.
carole stinson
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trevor Joseph great modern day copper

I love the character development- and I can't wait to have the opportunity to know them better; the bravery and flaws alike
Catherine
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really didn't see the culprit coming in this one! Or what happens. Thoroughly enjoyed all the books I've read by Katherine John.
David
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Another series that I am enjoying and showing great potential.
Heather Bowling
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved British murder mysteries, but usually I know the murdered half way in. This one kept me guessing all the way until the end (and the culprit made sense to boot). A thrilling read!
Jean
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder and face removals of a tramp leads to lots of mystery and further murders, brilliant.
D R Childs
Convoluted and Confusing

Well written but difficult to keep the story lines coherent. I would wish for more intelligent clues as to direction of the story.
Sally
Jun 26, 2015
ann duke
Apr 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Urge to Kill (DI Matt Turrell, #1)
  • Deadly Valentine
  • Wishing for Wonderful
  • The Shoulders of Giants
  • The Sholes Key (Evans and Blackwell Mystery #1)
  • The Stages
  • Setup on Front Street
  • The Loyal Servant (Angela Tate Investigations #1)
  • This Time You Lose
  • Can't Live Without
  • Murder By The Sea (Libby Sarjeant #4)
  • Connected
  • Three Weeks Last Spring
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Killing Time
  • Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
  • iPad For Dummies
  • Shadow Pass (Inspector Pekkala #2)
Katherine John is a pen name of the author Catrin Collier. She was born and brought up in Pontypridd and worked for a while in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
More about Katherine John...

Detective Trevor Joseph Series (6 books)
  • Without Trace
  • Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2)
  • Black Daffodil
  • A Well-Deserved Murder (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #5)
  • The Destruction of Evidence