Start by marking “Hunting Midnight (Midnight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunting Midnight (Midnight, #2)

Hunting Midnight (Midnight #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  934 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
After he's betrayed by his longtime lover, Ulric-the leader of a pack of shape-shifting immortals-takes to the streets of Bridesmere. It is there that he introduces an innocent young maiden to the sensuous delights of searing passion. But will he grant her immortality, or will he cast her from his life and send her back to the treacherous world beyond the caves? REVIEW; Em ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published November 4th 2003 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Hunting Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting Midnight

Tricia Riley
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
plot overview:
- girl runs away from father trying to marry her off to an old man
- she meets a man who is is a cross between a shapeshifter and a vampire. He feels betrayed after his last love married someone else.
- their eyes lock across a crowded room and fall for each other STRAIGHT AWAY
- their first night they have lots of incredible earthshaking sex that ruins them for all others for the rest of their days (he is an immortal so that is a hell of a long time)
- usual stuff about love rivals, u
Felicia (Ferishia)
Stef
Erotica, Paranormal, Shape-shifting vampires, wolves, birds, upyrs, & more creatures.

Had some interesting intriguing parts, I actually tried to read the 2nd book in this series but was so bored had to stop reading it. Will take them back to library. :-( the only good thing about the books so far is that they have excellent sex scenes, but I need a better faster story line to go with the sex. lol
Betsy
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty interesting. A girl gets seduced by an Upyr (Werewolf), but uses her courage & common sense to impress him. He takes her back to his pack & she becomes their Queen.
Laura Kitchell
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Hunting Midnight Hunting Midnight by Emma Holly Emma Holly is a beautifully written historical erotic paranormal romance. There aren't many authors in this exclusive niche, so I was curious to see how her story compared to others I've read. I wasn't disappointed, though it wasn't as compelling a read as I like. The hero, Ulric, felt two-dimensional for the first half of the book but won me as a worthy alpha-male by the end. Juliana was resistant to his wolf's thrall, though not entirely immune, ...more
♥The Kat's Meow♥
Hunting Midnight (Midnight, #3) by Emma Holly Ulric, an unusual name, a complex man. A leader whose personality crackles from the page. On the surface: arrogance. Dig deeper and you find a leader who carefully considers the safety and security of the people he leads. Alpha in all ways, yet balanced with compassion and fairness.

Particularly Powerful Prose
Pg.     12 But she also needed moments like this, incandescent bubbles in the regimen of her life.
Pg.    55 His praise, his amusement were prizes she wished to win.
Pg.  212 Blame is usel
Netanella
Jun 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This one did it for me - 5 stars! After being such a prick to Gillian in the previous book, in Hunting Midnight Ulric is a complex and flawed character whose previous actions mean nothing to my liking him in his own story. Hanging out in Bridesmere after his abandonment by Gillian, Ulric finds Juliana, a runaway from an arranged marriage. Juliana blackmails him into assisting her, and she returns with him to his wolf pack in the cave in the Scottish woods. As most of the storyline develops durin ...more
Mandy Beyers
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it
After betrayal by his long-time love, Ulric had left his pack of upyr (vampire shapeshifters) and run to the city to forget. There he meets Julianna, a woman running from an arranged marriage to a man she despises and looking for freedom. As they travel, Ulric discovers an unusual draw to Julianna, a woman he cannot force to forget him and who does not fear his nature. But evil stalks them, and both must decide if they are willing to compromise enough to give love a chance and to save the pack.

I
Shinyfox
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
My first real venture into erotic fiction and I must say it was a delightful read. I enjoyed the characters and was pulled into this universe. I loved the use of words and even encountered a few that I had never seen or heard used before! There was good plot and the sex scenes were pretty hot. I enjoyed the superstitions around the Upyr and the race of beings themselves (a mix of werewolves and vampires).
I would certainly continue reading this series if I got the opportunity.
Melowin
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Book 3 in the midnight series, it was better than the previous one. The series is a romantic one, centering on true love found between vampire and human, then human being changed into vampire (umpyr). The series does not have the racier sex scenes that I consider trademark Emma Holly, but instead focuses on a very sweet and pure connection between the central man and woman to the tales.
Schnuppi
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
I couldn't get into this book for the life of me. I blame it on the writing style which reminded me a little of a "What I did last summer" essay by a 5th grader. Too much of "And than he said, and than she looked at him, and than she said" and there just wasn't any life in the characters. Also I couldn't wrap my head around that vampire/werewolf combination.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ulric is sexy and strong, Juliana is naive but capable. Neither expected to fall in love but the fireworks flew. Holly knows how to write a love scene that makes you pant. A good tale of upyr and shape-shifter heirarchy, loyalty, and trust. A lot of nakedness and sensuality. Great read!!
Melanie
May 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, pnr
This is a different story to anything I have ever read. It is a story about upyr or shifters into wolves. The superstition is more vampire that werewolf. I liked this story, although it was nothing that I expected. I am just starting to read Emma Holly, but so far, I like her writing.
Meredith
Not Holly's best work by a long shot. Even the sex was sort of boring. The real thing that bugged me about this novel was that there was no sense of time and place--it was set in medieval times but you would never have really guessed it.
Michelle
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, book
Just finished this last night and I can't wait to get started on the next book in the series. Another great story.
Shannon C.
May 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not as good as the first two stories in the series. This one they jumped right into the sex without enough development of the relationship or story.
Mical
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I've read this book but I can't remember when. Book 2 of the Midnight series.
Karen
Jul 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another upyr book, another thumbs up from me.
Ana
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Origins notwithstanding, this was a very good follow up to the previous book. 4.5 stars.
Bark's Book Nonsense
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Updating my "read" books. I reviewed this for All About Romance years ago. The review is archived HERE .

Christine Diane Paloma
Better than most erotic/historical romance novels out in the market. There is some character development, and plenty of plot.
Trudy Whatnot Books
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wnbooks-com
I enjoyed the Romantic Fantasy. :)

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ulric is a person I felt badly for because he was so betrayed. I found the third installment of this book to be pretty good. It was once again good a sensual which is what I expect from Ms. Holly.
Mary Lauer
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ulric is so annoying in Catching Midnight, and the first portion of this book. He is basically an emotional teenager. It is wonderful to see him grow up and attain more emotional maturity.
Nada
Mar 19, 2015
LynnG
Jul 30, 2012
  • Captive Dreams
  • Fantasy (Includes: Leopard People, #1; Midnight, #0.5)
  • Fetish
  • Demon's Delight (Tale of the Demon World, #4)
  • The Hunter's Prey: Erotic Tales of Texas Vampires
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Alice's Alphas (Wolf Clan Shifters #1)
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • A Mermaid's Ransom (Daughters of Arianne, #3)
  • Freed (Vampire King, #3)
  • Deal with the Devil: (Paranormal Werewolf Vampire Shifter Romance)
  • The Price of Pleasure (Sutherland Brothers, #2)
  • Full Moon (Moon, #1-2)
  • Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)
I'm a USA Today bestselling author who LOVES the hot stuff, both to read and to write. My favorite obsessions are all things coffee, almost everything on HGTV, and dreaming up new stories.
More about Emma Holly...

Midnight (9 books)
  • Catching Midnight (Midnight, #1)
  • Heat of the Night (Berkley Sensation)
  • Courting Midnight (Midnight, #3)
  • Kissing Midnight (Midnight, #4)
  • Breaking Midnight (Midnight, #5)
  • Saving Midnight (Midnight, #6)
  • Devil at Midnight (Midnight, #7)
  • Angel at Dawn (Midnight, #8)