Start by marking “The Witch's Book of Self-Care: Magical Ways to Pamper, Soothe, and Care for Your Body and Spirit” as Want to Read:

Worship yourself the witchy way—learn how to nourish your body and spirit with herbal remedies, spells, and rituals inspired by witchcraft in this unique, enchanted guide to self-care!

Self-care is a necessity for any modern woman, and this book helps you prioritize #1 with a little help from the magic of witchcraft. The Witch’s Book of Self-Care has advice for pampering y
Published December 11th 2018 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about The Witch's Book of Self-Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch's Book of Self-Care

Shelby
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one and will definitely be rereading in the future! I bookmarked a ton of things to go back to. Its full of spells, rituals and practical info and advice. I've already done one of the rituals and plan on going back to do more. Really looking forward to "banishing fear of success" which is a topic I have never seen another book bring up before. Also some of the things surrounding guilt were helpful.

The part that made the biggest impression and that I am trying to implement
Tami
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-care
I was about to give this book two stars because I was not really enjoying it all the way through. I was liking what the author was talking about when it came to self care but the rituals were a but repetitive and not something that I would see myself doing - and that was what took up a majority of the book. I wasn’t feeling it but I told myself to push through and finish it on the flight - and I am so glad I did. It vastly improved towards the latter half of the book.

This book splits itself int
Sosanna Olson
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Today I'm reviewing The Witch's Book of Self Care - Magical Ways to Pamper, Soothe, and Care for Your Body and Spirit.

Generally I like to start out with a disclaimer. I am an atheist witch. I look for the connection between magic and science without the need for a deity. I receive no compensation for these reviews and all my links are standard Amazon links and not affiliate links. I am a practicing photo reader and have spent the last 15 years honing my craft. I offer personal readings by reques
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Witch's Book of Self-Care is a wonderful, helpful read by a thoughtful and honest author. I very much enjoyed Murphy-Hiscock's voice and style and will look for more of her works.

She approaches self-care from a refreshingly frank viewpoint, and cuts down negative misconceptions right from the beginning. It's not about "eating chocolates on the couch", it's about balancing your concrete, practical responsibilities with your physical, emotional and spiritual needs. She makes a wonderful point
Melody Luna
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! My friend gave it to me as a gift, and I was so happy because I wanted to read it for a while.

This book has a lot of really great witchy, self-care ideas! And I love that about it! It's totally in line with how I already live my life, and I'm so grateful to have on my shelf. It's the kind of book, if you enjoy it, you'll want to own it, because it makes a better reference book than a reading book. (You'll want to be able to pull it off your shelf at anytime so you can
Allison
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
"You define what success is. If you deal with a chronic illness, a success can be 'I got out of bed' or 'I ate breakfast'...The key is that you have to consider it a success within the context of the kind of day you had."
Rebecca Elson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magical-buffet
The review originally appeared on The Magical Buffet website on 02/21/2019.

Here in New York we’re still in the cold, dark, grip of winter. As I type this, I’m waiting to see what happens with the next winter storm rolling through. Piled under blankets while listening to the fireplace makes me feel this is the perfect time to share my review of “The Witch’s Book of Self-Care: Magical Ways to Pamper, Soothe, and Care for Your Body and Spirit” by Arin Murphy-Hiscock.

Murphy-Hiscock states the goals
Megan
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is beautiful and creates an amazing harmony with the book "Basic Witches" too. Adding Rituals or things that make you calm in your everyday life, is essential to maintaining great social-emotional balance/health. Once you have found that balance, it gets a lot easier to react diplomatically and progressively with the rest of the world. This book is a beautiful purposeful tool, towards just that.
Octavia
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Un poquito de todo, un mucho de darse cuenta que hay muchas maneras de quererse una misma. Sin entrar en autoayuda ni pamplinas de ser positiva hasta puntos tóxicos. He tomado muchos apuntes, subrayado y marcado muchas cosas de este libro y ya entra en la categoría de esos que tengo "a mano". Manda cojones que tengan que venir desconocidos a decirte "así es como ves lo mucho que eres capaz" y una misma no sepa cómo...
Alex Truex
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic little cache of information. It’s not like a lot of the generic beginner books floating around- it’s really got some great meat for beginners and seasoned folk, alike. I loved it. Super relevant, covering all relevant self-care areas, but not too extra. Just right. Going to recommend it to everyone I know.
SA
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent volume by Murphy-Hiscock with a great deal of practical, immediately useful ideas. It did end quite abruptly, though, leaving things feeling unfinished. There should have been an afterword, even a brief one.
christina Nicholson
Not just for "witches"

This book is full of amazing and wonderful self care tips, ideas, spells/prayers, and even food recipes.i can't wait to start this new step in my self care journey
Rachel
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! A thoughtful and inspiring book
Martina
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! Can't wait to try some of the bath bomb recipes. I wish there had been some kind of conclusion. I feel like the book ended rather abruptly.
Hailey West
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better-than-expected. Definitely recommend
Janine
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Really nice read about self care. Provided some ideas on low cost home made remedies.
Brittnee Strachan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. The layout was great. The suggestions were simple and to the point. I will be referencing this book multiple times.
Marissa Rath
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So many great ideas. I have lots of pages marked that I want to come back to and try!
Alyssa Gudenburr
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, pagan, must-buy
A great book with a variety of techniques and spells to help take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Sydney
Jan 11, 2019
Shellock Holmes
Feb 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Ganja Yoga: A Practical Guide to Conscious Relaxation, Soothing Pain Relief, and Enlightened Self-Discovery
  • The Mirror of Yoga: Awakening the Intelligence of Body and Mind
  • Yin Yoga: Outline of a Quiet Practice
  • Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind: 100 Simple Sattvic Recipes
  • A Call for Revolution: A Vision for the Future
  • How to Think About Exercise
  • The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home to Good Vibes
  • The Dude Diet: Clean(ish) Food for People Who Like to Eat Dirty
  • Dreaming Yourself Awake: Lucid Dreaming and Tibetan Dream Yoga for Insight and Transformation
  • Craft: How to Be a Modern Witch
  • Hoopla: The Art of Unexpected Embroidery
  • A Bone to Pick: The good and bad news about food, with wisdom and advice on diets, food safety, GMOs, farming, and more
  • Deep Listening: A Healing Practice to Calm Your Body, Clear Your Mind, and Open Your Heart
  • Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes
  • Share: Delicious and Surprising Recipes to Pass Around Your Table
  • One Pan, Two Plates: More Than 70 Complete Weeknight Meals for Two
  • The Wicca Handbook
  • Everyday Witch A to Z: An Amusing, Inspiring & Informative Guide to the Wonderful World of Witchcraft
Currently a resident of Montreal, Canada, Arin works as a freelance writer and editor. She is the author of Power Spellcraft for Life: The Art of Crafting and Casting for Positive Change (2005), Solitary Wicca for Life: A Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft on Your Own (2005), The Way of the Green Witch (2006), The Way of the Hedge Witch (2009), and Pagan Pregnancy: The Journey From Maiden to Mo ...more