Start by marking “Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters (Questioneers Chapter Books, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters (Questioneers Chapter Books, #1)

Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters

(Questioneers Chapter Books #1)

An instant New York Timesbestseller!

You loved the bestselling picture books starring Rosie Revere, Ada Twist, and Iggy Peck. Now you can follow The Questioneers' further adventures in brand-new chapter books!The first installment,Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters,is a spiritedstory about the power of teamwork and the true meaning of home.

Rosie Revere is no stranger
Published October 2nd 2018 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters

Start your review of Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters (Questioneers Chapter Books, #1)
Jillian Heise
Will be adding to my transitional chapter book section for sure.
Alicia
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can't wait to see the final version with all of the additional drawings interspersed in this chapter book featuring the intelligent and uplifting Rose Revere.

In this story she meets her Aunt Rose and her friends who were riveters during World War II and they must help come up with a contraption to help save the day. Less STEM and more imagination and heart, it incorporates all of the perseverance we want in a middle grade to show that with teamwork, humor, and a bad of merry friends, anything
Emma
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ableist and so thoroughly disappointing. As a wheelchair user with multiple complex disabilities, I came away thinking that only other people can fix my issues. Also, at no point do these kids ask what the real problems faced by people with disabilities, so the contraption they design, surprise surprise, doesn’t actually help. Painfully accurate but oh so disappointing to see in a series championed for diversity. Apparently disabilities still aren’t worth being represented more responsibly. ...more
DaNae
Engineered to solve the issues.
Ashley Verity
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this to your children!
Steph
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, fun, STEAM- filled read! Awesome for Growth Mindset, too! Love that creative, imperfect, thoughtful little Rosie!
Brooke
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to see that this will be a middle grade book series! This is super cute and a lot of fun. I'm a bookseller and I can't wait to put this in kids hands! I will say that you need to make sure kids have read the picture books. There are some things that are unclear if you're not already familiar with the material.
Lian
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
After Beaty's illustrious rhyming PBs, this was kind of a disappointment. It's still fun and the illustrations are, of course, great--but the prose lacks that certain something, and I found the story distracting and unclear--with too much waffle/too many smoking guns at times, and too many uninteresting/unnecessary sub-threads. For me, the historical references are fascinating, but they would be lost on this age group, and I think their references were wedged too awkwardly into the narrative. ...more
Jeanne Wald
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a lot of fun reading “Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters”, the first chapter book in a new series, “The Questioneers”, by Andrea Beaty.

The story is a great combination of funky inventions (e.g. SnakeAway, a snake-scaring machine), quirky characters (like Rosie’s great-great-aunt flying on a cheese-copter or her joyful friends, the Raucous Riveters, who built airplanes during the World War II), as well as great messages (dealing with pressure, the power of friendship, overcoming fears).
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

I read Rosie Revere, Engineer a few years ago and enjoyed it. I saw this at the library and had to see what it was all about.

I loved this book. It's everything I loved about the Rosie Revere picture book with more detail. My only issue with the picture book was that it was a bit vague and felt rushed. I liked reading it, but I loved this chapter book format. So much more happened and you got to know the characters better. I also love that Ada
Athena Raypold
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My four year old son and I absolutely LOVE this book. The perfect accompaniment/transition from the picture book, "Rosie Revere, Engineer," I love how this early chapter books digs deeper into Rosie's life and process as a budding engineer. Further developing her friendships with Ada Twist and Iggy Peck, as well as the adults and mentors in her life, Rosie (like Ada) shows readers that failure is a path to success. My son, who is utterly obsessed with fans, pumps, wheels, and gears loves the ...more
Diane
“Sometimes, Rosie’s weirdest ideas made her think in a new way or solved tiny bits of a big problem.”

Rosie Revere loves to help people solve their problems. That’s why she’s trying to invent something to help her Uncle Fred with his problem. He’s a zookeeper and all the snakes just seem to be drawn to him. He can’t keep them away. Rosie has gone through 6 generations of her Snakeaway idea, but still hasn’t found the answer. But that’s okay, because Rosie knows you only fail if you stop trying.

Martha
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-3-chapter-book
Rosie Revere and her fellow "questioners" Iggy Peck, and Ada Twist are back for a new purposeful invention challenge. Her great, great Aunt Rose and her Blue River Riveters friends, a group of women formed during World War II, to build B-29 bombers, has a problem. One of the Riveters has broken both wrists and needs their aid in inventing a tool to make it possible for her to participate in the Art-A-Go-Go contest in two days. Undeterred by the timing and difficulty, the team tries one idea ...more
Emma Niebaum
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Children's Lit- JFic
Andrea Beaty's first book in The Questioneers Series, Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters follows Rosie, an inspiring engineer with her friends to form The Questioneers, a group that likes to solve problems and have fun. When her great great aunt and her friends, retired riveters from WWII, pose a challenge for the trio, it's up to Rosie to conquer failure, shame, and worst of all: lack of ideas.
The reason I picked this one for my jfic is that it fit all the criteria. It
Brandy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! A great transition from the picture book to a chapter book format, with all the same magic intact. I loved the way the process of engineering (prototypes, failures, and tinkering) and information on rivets and valves were integrated into the story. David Roberts’ illustrations were spectacular as usual, with some little details (buttons, poster in Rosie’s room) that were perfect. And bravo to Andrea Beaty for including such a wonderful, diverse group of older ladies as characters (an ...more
Valerie McEnroe
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: k-3
Based on the popular picture book series about the engineer, the scientist and the architect. This is the easy chapter book version. The best thing about this series are the illustrations. Very cool black and white drawings with accents of red. There's also pages of graph paper where Rosie writes her own sketches and notes.

Rosie is the engineer. She loves the problem-solving process. Her great-great-aunt Rose introduces Rosie to the raucous riveters, a group of old women who still have a lot of
Kelly
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, fiction
What a lovely little book! Rosie Revere (Engineer) and her friends Ida Twist (Scientist) and Iggy Peck (Architect) are known as the Questioneers and help do their part by helping Rosie's Aunt Rose and her group of gal pals the Raucous Riveters by inventing a machine that will help one of their members participate in an art show and be able to paint with her two wrist casts. Through experimentation, pluck, and ingenuity Rosie, her friends and neighbors come up with a wild solution. Filled with ...more
Darla
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This chapter book series is a worthy step up for the kids who loved the picture books about Rosie, Ada and Iggy. In this installment, Rosie gets to meet more of her Great Aunt Rose's fellow riveters and collaborate to help a friend. Girl power is riding high and the reader is reminded often that a failure is still a win and the breaks she takes to "Stop and Think." Love the additional info about valves to improve STEAM knowledge, the "About the Riveters" history details and finally the "Think ...more
Jessica
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book, and enjoy that mistakes can be good and persistence is the key to learning.

But I don't understand why it is completely female oriented. I, being a female(53), never felt that I couldn't do anything I put my mind to. Do girls in this day and age feel that they are held back? I like having friends and sibling of both genders. Sometimes in sports, I've found this to be true, but in school? I haven't found this , but maybe it is because I am on the west coast, Hawaii and Alaska
Niki
Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters, the first in the The Questioneers series by Andrea Beaty, is adorable and inspirational. In the same style as the picture books that made Rosie, Ada, and Iggy famous for their creativity and innovation, the beginning chapter book series hold a lot of promise for encouraging young readers to be risk-takers, creative thinkers, and problem-solvers.

I highly recommend this series be included in school and classroom libraries serving children in grades 2-4.
Heather
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute! The picture book is one of my all-time favorites! And this chapter book did not disappoint! Rosie has made a promise to one of the original riveters but will she be able to use her engineering skills to design a painting aide in time for the big event!?
I loved how we were taken through each phase of creating: brainstorming, planning, prototyping, testing, reworking, etc.
Holden loved it!
Shari
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really cute STEM-centered story featuring Rosie Revere, Iggy Peck, and Ada Twist, from the picture books by the same names. In this new chapter book series, which includes tons of adorable drawings and Rosie's sketches, Rosie is working on an invention to help her Aunt Rose's friend, and her friends are there to support and help her. I loved the positive messages and the funny female Riveters (and the history notes about them)!
Julie Garner
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Fun book for the feisty young female in your life. Rosie and her friends are strong independent thinkers who brainstorm off one another to find solutions to problems. They don’t give up. They keep pushing until they get a result and are happy to get advice when they need it.
This book is perfect for girls aged 7+ and will help show them ways to problem solve when things aren’t always going their way.
Victoria B.
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm going to be honest - I didn't enjoy this book as much as Beaty's other Rosie Revere book. I felt like it took a while for the plot to get going in the beginning. Once it got going, it was loose, and the writing was just okay. Hands down my favorite part was at the end when the author talked about valves and Rosie the Riveters place in history (so basically, the nonfiction part)...the writing was a million times better/less awkward. A little disappointing.
Emily Carlyn
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the picture books by Beaty so I was stoked to find this chapter book that involved all 3 characters. Good recommendation for problem solvers, arty kids, creative types, etc. if they like to build! Great story involving friendship too. Chapters are fairly short and are preempted by “drawings” of ideas for her inventions. Sweet story full of family and friends. Nice factual section at the end about valves and WWII Riveters.
Dina
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
So glad a librarian friend recommended this book to me! I loved that it was an easy chapter book filled with pictures that does not seem too hard for our students starting out reading chapter books. This book could be a great read aloud or a class set. Best of all, this book teaches the design process in an engaging way and encourages thinking out of the box & making. I have plans to use it next year in the library with my students! Thank you Andrea Beaty for writing this book!
Heidi
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute story that promotes engineering and has a strong female protagonist. I hadn't read the pictures books that precede this new series so was a bit jolted in the beginning as there is no introduction to the characters that were in those picture books. This is a fun new series that will definitely appeal to girl readers but I'm not so sure about boys.
Jeimy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Rosie Revere, Iggy Peck, and Ada Twist now have a chapter book to appeal to older (yet still very young) readers. In a wink-wink nudge-nudge homage to Rosie's namesake, Rosie the Riveter, Rosie must help her aunt and her aunt's friends who were riveter. Can Rosie invent a contraption that will save the day? Read on to find out.
Pam
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lower-elem
First in the series of chapter books about Rosie, Ada and Iggy.
Rosie needs to invent a machine that keeps the snakes away from her uncle the zookeeper. She fails at that but rises to the challenge of creating a painting machine for her Aunt Rose's friend with broken wrists.
Lessons on perseverance, thinking, designing, creating.
Information text at the end on valves, the Riveters, etc.
Lynn
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Book about STEAM Activities

Rosie Revere is on the job as an engineer trying to help her elderly aunt and her friends compete in an art contest. But some have disabilities that prevent them from making art the usual way. So Rosie used her engineering skills to create products that help them.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Meet Yasmin!
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • Two's a Crowd (Pug Pals, #1)
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • Unicorns and Germs (Zoey and Sassafras, #6)
  • Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a Bag #1)
  • Caterflies and Ice (Zoey and Sassafras, #4)
  • Mia Mayhem Is a Superhero!
  • Rock Star (Jada Jones, #1)
  • Dragons and Marshmallows (Zoey and Sassafras, #1)
  • Merhorses and Bubbles (Zoey and Sassafras, #3)
  • The Pod and the Bog (Zoey and Sassafras, #5)
  • Interrupting Chicken and the Elephant of Surprise
  • Stella Díaz Has Something to Say
  • Click
  • Monsters and Mold (Zoey and Sassafras, #2)
  • Polly Diamond and the Magic Book
  • Inky's Amazing Escape: How a Very Smart Octopus Found His Way Home
For more information, visit my website (www.AndreaBeaty.com).

Also, visit www.Questioneers.com for posters, activities, educator resources, and other information about the Questioneer books.

Further, check out Story Time From Space to see Ada Twist and Rosie Revere read at the International Space Station by astronauts! It’s out of this world.

Questioneers Chapter Books (3 books)
  • Ada Twist and the Perilous Pants (Questioneers Chapter Book, #2)
  • Iggy Peck and the Mysterious Mansion (Questioneers Chapter Books, #3)