Start by marking “The Dioramist” as Want to Read:
The Dioramist

The Dioramist

The titular character in Eric Keegan’s The Dioramist is in the throes of a quarter-life crisis. He may only be in his midtwenties, but the dioramist finds himself lost and confused. He has spent so much of his time in an ill-defined relationship that he doesn’t understand himself apart from his partner.

When a friend suggests that he begin writing down his inner thoughts, h
Published April 8th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Dioramist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dioramist

Tori
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 read for me. It was enjoyable, fun read. There was also some laugh out loud moments that I wasn’t expecting like the following gem.

“It is always a grand day when you find a rogue onion ring mixed in with your large order of French fries.”

This novel reads as a personal journal. Different entries showing his life over time. From these entries you see his life and relationship evolving. The fun in reading it was the absurd thoughts that pop in his head he feels need to be memor
Dave Matthes
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eric Keegan's "The Dioramist", reads less like a traditional novel and more like a literal stream of conscious directly from the author's brain, which is in no way, shape, or form a negative thing. While at first, the book opens with a series of advice tidbits you might find tacked to an after-school club's cork board, the idiosyncrasies littering the book's narrative soon become imperative, and it's clear that every "piece of advice", observation of the world, chit-chat about the author's love ...more
Melanie A. Smith
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Review in the Dioramist Style

A dash of humor.
A dash of self indulgence.
A dash of brilliant insight.
Complete randomness.
John Cusack worthy in its offbeat nonconformity to any traditional style.
Offers few answers but lots of questions.
A Chevy Blazer named Bertrand.
Apparently David Duchovny had a musical career?
Oh shit, yes he did. There’s even a picture to prove it.
This book should be called “Musings of an Intellectual Millennial.” And I mean that in the best way possible.
Ah, a random adorable s
Kristen Granata
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of the way this book was written – it’s a mind reader’s dream. You can hear the inner workings of the character’s brain, including random thoughts that will make you chuckle. It’s different in the coolest way, yet totally relatable. This could totally be made into a movie, and turned into an awesome cult classic. Definitely give this book a read!
Angie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
BOY was I riveted throughout this ride. It's concise in its wording because nothing else needs to be added. It felt like you were right there with the narrator, experiencing his dull occupation and that vibrant love life first-hand. What's the word I'm looking for? Ah, immersive. The pictures were a surprising yet refreshing touch. Can't wait to pass it along to the next reader!
Kelly Gonzales
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I normally would never pick up this kind of a book, but I decided to take a risk. I'm glad I did! I finished it over the course of 2 days, over a long cup of coffee on one and a mug of hot toddy on the other. Eric writes in an honest and pure stream of consciousness style. I couldn't put it down! It made me feel less lonely in this crazy world. :)
Christopher Wright
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Eric Keegan is a phenomenal writer with a beautiful mind.
Mallory Rowe
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very cool, original book! It's a fun read and definitely recommended!
Arthur Willhelm
Aug 26, 2018
Tohm Bakelas
Feb 06, 2019
Eric Keegan
Apr 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Srđan