Start by marking “Dark Return (Leine Basso Thrillers, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dark Return (Leine Basso Thrillers, #6)

Dark Return

(Leine Basso #6)

A former assassin, battling her demons. A sinister enemy, determined to destroy her. A wily street kid, caught in the middle.

Former assassin and SHEN operative Leine Basso is fresh off an assignment rescuing an American teenager from a terrorist group in Libya when she thwarts the murder of a street kid in Tripoli. Leine agrees to help the girl find her family, but must
Published May 23rd 2018 by Duct Tape Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Return

HornFan2 (Mike)
I received a free advance ARC copy from the author and I also purchased a copy from amazon.com. Something I like to do, to support my favorite authors.

D.V. Berkom's done it again, it's only June, yet Dark Return's my favorite read of the year and it'll take another amazing read to knock it off it's perch.

Dark Return, is brilliantly written, has intertwining storyline, that explodes as they come together in the end and leaves you eagerly awaiting the next Line Basso adventure.

I love the Line B
Sherry Fundin
WOO HOO! Another fabulous thriller featuring the gun toting former assassin Leine Basso. I love this strong, which is putting it mildly, female character. She is a former government assassin, now working with SHEN, an antitrafficking organization. She shows the scumbags of the world no mercy. I love that she has a trophy wall, even though it is a little serial killer creepy.

SHEN – Stop Human Enslavement Now

I think things are about to change for Leine, when she meets Jinn,
Gail
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an unbiased review. This book is awesome. The characters and storyline are well developed. The suspense left me on the edge of my seat. It is the first book in the series I read and will definitely read the others while Is a waiting for D.V. Berkom to write the next one.
Library Champion
Leine Basso Makes a Very DARK RETURN

I've read the review copy of 'Dark Return' and it is a great progression of the arc of the series. DV Berkom continues to polish her art, and has another winner in this novel. Dark Return finds Leine completing her latest dramatic rescue with SHEN, and finds her rescued charge is somewhat numb to the circumstances around her. Leine arranges their escape, only to be intercepted and chased by members of the kidnappers' group. Leine and the driver fro
Dawn Gill
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark Return – Leine Basso

I love Leine. I like her attitude in particular. I like to think that I am half decent in a crisis, but she isn’t just half decent, she’s inspirationally fabulous.
In this latest instalment she goes off on a slight tangent, and at one point I was seriously worried that DV Berkom might be about to kill her off.
This is an exceptional page turner. I wanted to read it all, super fast so I forced myself to ration it so I could enjoy the suspense. That was a
Judy Johnson
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. All of D.V. Berkrom's books are gripping, thrilling and full of action. The excellence in the writing is immediately apparent in the way the stories just grab you and keep you embraced and enthralled until the very last word. The characters and the story are all well developed and easy to follow, flowing at a pace that keeps your blood pumping and not wanting to put it down. There is always mystery and suspense, and let me also tell you that this ...more
Sharon Simms
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With so many assassin-based books on the market, it’s hard to get excited about another one, but having enjoyed previous Leine Basso thrillers, I started on this one as soon as I could. And - I couldn’t put it down. My entire Saturday has been spent reading Dark Return.

You don’t know what’s coming next - there are surprises after surprises. There are characters who are familiar from previous books, but this one definitely stands alone - though you may want to go back and read any earlier Leine
Pete
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leine Basso is a great character, and ex assassin who now works as a field agent for a charity that works against human trafficking. In this book she gets caught up in a plot to abduct children from a refugee camp near Tripoli.
The action is truly breathtaking and tied into a great story with lots of double crossing and a truly evil plot from an old adversary of Leine's. The climax is a real adrenaline fest that kept my eyes glued to the screen of my Kindle.
I received an advance copy
Cathy
Paula
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pure brilliance. I loved this book; one of my favorites that I've read this year. Jinn is my new superhero. Dark Return was a thrill-a-minute, page-turning suspense that never lets up with action and intrigue. The author, DV Berkom, is a master when it comes to character development and the storyline. There were even moments when I was teary-eyed in some of the scenes.

I hope the next book in the Leine Basso thrillers comes out soon!
Bev
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read, own-it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.If you like a lot of action and narrow escapes, this book is for you. Leine just finished her assignment when she helps a street girl from being killed. Leine agrees to also help the girl find her family, but wants to see why there have been so many abductions from a refugee camp. When leaving there, Leine is surprised attacked. Someone knows why she is there, but who betrayed her? This case leads her down her own dark past that there may not be an esca ...more
Ellen White
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DARK RETURN by D V Berkom
Leine Basso had no regrets looking at the dead man, one down, more to go. She was one person against the sale of human beings.
SHEN organization she works for, wanting her to go to Tunisani, children under ten. Before leaving she rescues Jinn, a young girl living on the streets, pick pocket an item, she’s in danger now. Someone wants them dead, and Leine is injured. Plans went terrible wrong,would they get rescued. Leine has a mission, would it ever stop, for her t
LooseBoots
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say that’s not been said.
There are a few authors that you know when a new book appears you are going to get a brilliant read.
D.V.Berkam is one of them and Leine Basso is guaranteed to have you on the edge of your seat and burning the midnight oil .
This latest episode gets the emotional adrenaline cranked up and you feel fit to burst.
I absolutely loved this story and can’t wait for the next gut wrenching tale.
As the Hot Chocolate song goes , Everyone’s a winner baby
Ken Robson
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the ebook.
Leine is back and this is full of the excitement and action you expect in a DV Berkom book.
She is in Libya and is nearly burnt out, but sees more kids needing rescued and who else is there?
Kids are going missing from a refugee camp and Leine investigates the problem and finds more than she expects.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Constant action in this thriller. Leine Brasso, a former assassin, now works for SHEN. SHEN is an organization the works to free children from human trafficking. Lenine ends up going to Tripoli. She runs into a street smart kid, Jinn, she offers to help find her family. There are dangerous human traffickers that will kill to keep their business. A refugee camp for children is supposed to keep them safe, but there in underling danger there.
Roger
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My third read from author D.V. Berkom with a kick-ass female lead and we have a winner! I love mystery & espionage & Berkom has both in this book. She's created a character you want to read more about! I've jumped from book 1 to book 6, but hey, it's what I own. I have to get more by this author about this character.
Raberta Beckwith
Great Book !!!

I’ve read most of Leine’s stories,and I love them all- fast paced,lots of action,surprises you don’t see coming...I hope Santa doesn’t leave her life,although it does sound like Jack is pretty interested....looking forward to the next Leine book,hope it’s soon !
Silver Surfer
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. There is no other way to describe it. I read it in one go it was that good. Leine is one hell of a badass. Looking forward to the next one. I really do hope she doesn’t retire any time soon. Just my type of book. Very highly recommended must read.
George Fedyna
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Leine Basso thriller from D.V. Berkom

I have read all of D.V.'s books and they keep getting better. This latest thrill ride will leave you breathless and wanting to find out what will happen right now but we will have to wait until the next book.
carolyn s larsen
Excellent book

I haven't been giving any reviews lately (because I'm lazy) but I had to make an exception with this book. It was beyond good--full of suspense and thrills. A must read.
Jim B.
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A typical adventure for Leine Basso well written by DV Berkom. Leine is difficult to control and has her own way of solving a problem. Always doing right for innocent people in bad situations. As usual an enjoyable read. I am looking forward to hearing from Leine and any other of Ms. Berkom’s characters.
Jackie
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great in this series. Leine Basso just finished an assignment and ends up with another. She stops a murder of a street kid and promises to find the parents. Another couldn’t put down books and I’m totally ready for the next.
Susan
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An international children’s aid group, terrorists, and a power hungry individual who will use any methods to gain power. Edge of your seat action throughout, with a great plot. Can Leine save the day?
Charles Ray
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having just completed a rescue mission for Stop Human Enslavement Now (SHEN), former assassin, Leine Basso, is asked to check up on a case of children missing from a refugee camp. On what she thinks will be a routine mission, she meets a street waif who has witnessed a murder and is being pursued by the killers and decides to help the young girl get to safety. The routine check at the camp turns into anything but, and Leine and her new charge find themselves on the run from a shadowy figure runn ...more
kc
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leine Basso returns to the dark underworld to combat child trafficking. This time, terrorists are using orphans in a way she is compelled to fight. Another winner for DV Berkom.
laronda tilghman
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very good. Suspense at it's best. I read this book for free, with no compensation. D V. Burkom has a good series going.
Teresa Eland Reitnauer
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page-turner thriller. Full of action and intrigue. This is the first book I have read in the series, and I want to read the others. It is a stand alone, so you don't have to have read any before. A well thought out plot driven thriller. What will Leine Basso do next?
Asiaman
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Return is an exciting and well written book. It will keep you turning the pages continually. Love this Author and so will you.
Karen
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written thriller. The storyline is fast-paced, suspenseful, engaging and a real page-turner. The main character is independent and determined. I was engaged throughout the story. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Hope Gerhardstein
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent Leone Basso thriller. Full of action, Great plot, likeable characters, a race to the finish! I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »
DV Berkom is the USA Today bestselling author of two action-packed thriller series featuring strong female leads (Leine Basso and Kate Jones). Her love of creating resilient, kick-ass women characters stems from a lifelong addiction to reading spy novels, mysteries, and thrillers, and longing to find the female equivalent within those pages.

Raised in the Midwest, she earned a BA in pol

Leine Basso (8 books)
  • Serial Date (Leine Basso Thrillers, #1)
  • Bad Traffick (Leine Basso Thrillers, #2)
  • The Body Market (Leine Basso Thriller #3)
  • Cargo (Leine Basso Thrillers, #4)
  • The Last Deception (Leine Basso Thrillers, #5)
  • Absolution (Leine Basso #7)
  • Dakota Burn (Leine Basso #8)