Start by marking “No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)” as Want to Read:
No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)

No Way Out

(DI Adam Fawley #3)

DID YOU SEE ANYTHING ON THE NIGHT THE ESMOND FAMILY WERE MURDERED?

From the author of CLOSE TO HOME and IN THE DARK comes the third pulse-pounding DI Fawley crime thriller.

It's one of the most disturbing cases DI Fawley has ever worked.

Published April 18th 2019 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about No Way Out, please sign up.
Sheri The story is self contained, but there’s a fair bit of continuity regarding the police characters (and possible slight spoilers for their previous…moreThe story is self contained, but there’s a fair bit of continuity regarding the police characters (and possible slight spoilers for their previous cases). I’d say it’s probably preferable to read them in order but not essential. Read them all - they’re great!(less)

Maureen
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

With all the elements that we’ve come to expect for an excellent police procedural, Cara Hunter’s, ‘No Way Out’ looks like another sure fire winner for this gifted author.

It’s the third in the series, and this particular story begins at the scene of a house fire in North Oxford. Two children are pulled from the wreckage of the fire - three year old Zachary is already dead and his older brother Matty is in a critical state, and the prognosis isn’t good. It looks like the children were
Peter
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Resolute
No Way Out is Cara Hunter’s third book in the DI Adam Fawley series and it is every bit as captivating, pacey and clever as the others. Cara’s style is unique, refreshing and excitingly modern, with content added to the narrative in the form of emails, social-media chatter, news boards and interview transcriptions. It may sound overwhelming but it is so perfectly placed in the story that it brings a gamut of full on stimulation. I found it created a more effective impact to hear major an
Paromjit
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cara Hunter's fast paced crime fiction, the third in the DI Adam Fawley series, with Thames Valley Police set in Oxford, is hugely compelling reading. In what is now her trademark style of including phone calls, emails, interviews, news websites and social media in the narrative, she provides a style that works brilliantly in immersing the reader in the story. In this police procedural, DI Fawley takes a more backseat role, and for good reason, he is an emotional wreck as a schism has opened wit ...more
Amanda
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
After only just reading “ In the dark” by Cara Hunter I was delighted, no let’s be honest I was over the moon to get the opportunity to review this book from Netgalley in exchange for a copy.

A very chilling start with a house fire and the fire brigade searching for the family. so descriptive I actually felt like I was there experiencing the heat of the fire!!

At the start this seems to be a simple case, but no Cara Hunter keeps us guessing with plenty of twists and red herrings along the way.

Thi
Louise Wilson
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
DI Fawley #3

It's the Christmas holidays, and two children have just been pulled from the wreckage of their burning home in North Oxford. The toddler is dead and his brother is fighting for his life. Why were they left in the house alone? Where is their mother? Why does their father not answer his phone?

This is an emotional, addictive and fast paced read. DI Fawley and his team are back. Fawley's mind is not properly on the job so he hands the case of the house fire, where a child has died and an
NZLisaM
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another first-rate domestic noir police procedural from an author who never disappoints.

23 Southey Road – once home to a family of four – now lies in ruins due to a horrific overnight house fire. Two young boys have been found inside – one dead, the other fighting for his life in intensive care. Worst still, the parent's are nowhere to be found, and the family car is missing. If that's not bad enough, everything about the fire points to arson. What kind of monster would set fire to a house with
Brenda
The house fire at 23 Southey Road was horrific. The destruction complete. And the knowledge that it was done deliberately sent a shiver down the respondents’ spines. When the two children were pulled from what was left of the house, one deceased, one critical, the police couldn’t work out where their mother or father were. Would they be found in the remains? Or had they left their young children unattended?

Detective Inspector Adam Frawley knew they had to find answers and quickly. But with it be
Liz Barnsley
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The next Adam Fawley novel from Cara Hunter is pacy and twisted, an addictive read with a strong emotional core featuring as it does a family in peril.
This series is growing in stature with each passing tale- No Way Out ups the ante, moving along the lives of its main protagonists whilst they investigate a heart wrenching case which just gets murkier with each new clue.
I like the interim news articles and emails, as well as the mixture of views which allows the reader to see the case from many a
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Way Out is the third book in the DI Fawley series and would definitely recommend at least reading the second book before reading this one as readers would definitely benefit from it.

After the cases in the first two books, the case that Fawley and his team find themselves working on seemed quite a straight forward one. I could feel myself slump a little bit as this is what has made this series so far is the complexity and how twisted the cases are. The further into the book I got though, thing
Lou
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Way Out is the gripping third book in the DI Fawley series, and although I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the previous two it's still a great, entertaining read. It's a perfectly paced story written in Hunter's eminently readable style and is very quick to get through. If you enjoy well-crafted gritty plots, twists turns and red herrings and a clan of experienced, compassionate investigators then give this a go. Many thanks to Penguin for an ARC.
Tracy Fenton
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in what is definitely my new favourite police procedural series and I can honestly say that Cara Hunter is an author I would happily read WITHOUT reading the blurb because whatever she’s writing I now know after 3 books that I absolutely LOVE her writing style and her storylines.

No Way Out is set approximately 6-8 months after In The Dark and features the same wonderful team of Adam Fawley, Gislingham (Gis), Quinn, Somer and Everett. DI Fawley is going through a very diffic
Stephen Clynes
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this is the third book in the DI Adam Fawley series but it can be read as a standalone. You do not need to know what happened in the other books. This is a good move by Cara Hunter. Yes, the old characters from the other novels who work in or for Thames Valley Police are carried forward and this continuation simply added further pleasure to my enjoyment of this book.

No Way Out is a police procedural set mostly in Oxford. There is a fire at a house in Oxford and it looks like arson. Sadly p
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Penguin for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

No Way Out is the third book featuring DI Adam Fawley and his team.

I knew I would enjoy this book from the first page. The story started with a transcript from the fire brigade. Shortly after new year a neighbour called 999 because the house opposite was on fire. The fire brigade arrived to find the house ablaze, inside they found the dead body of a toddler. Downstairs by the staircase they found a young
Elaine Tomasso
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Netgalley and Penguin Books UK for an advance copy of No Way Out, the third novel to feature Oxford based DI Adam Fawley.

When a house goes up in flames firefighters manage to rescue a 10 year old boy and find his 3 year old brother dead in his bed. Fawley and the team have more questions than answers because arson is immediately suspected and there is no sign of the parents.

I thoroughly enjoyed No Way Out which is a compulsive read with plenty of twists and turns, most of w
Claire Fuller
Really enjoyable quick read - exactly the right kind of novel I needed after the heavy-going Madame Solario.
Sheri
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Cara Hunter’s previous two novels, so when I spotted the third one on NetGalley it took approximately a nanosecond to bang in a request, and I was delighted to have it accepted.

I’m rapidly realising that much as I enjoy a nice twisty turny etc psychological thriller (well, some of them), there’s really nothing I like better than a good old investigation. (I was raised on Golden Age detective stories, after all.) Police, private detective or amateur, I don’t mind - the likes o
Sam
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed the story but intensely dislike the way it's written. It's very much like the first book in this series. The 2nd book was so much better because it edged away from inserting so many texts, emails etc. Half of what they contained was unnecessary to the story and it makes the author seem lazy, as if they can't be bothered to write the story properly. The occasional submission may be alright but this book was littered with them and they do nothing to enhance the story.
The Book Review Café
Review to follow but another gripping read from Cara Hunter
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction

Rob Twinem
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
The crime genre is tightly packed with budding authors eager to display their writing skills as they start a new story with new characters and usually a slightly flawed lead detective. The hope is that if the story and main players are welcomed by an eager reading audience then further books will follow as a series is born. The problem is that there are now far too many so called authors plying their trade with the result that the writing is often bland and stereotypical in its delivery.

No way o
michelle
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No way out is the third book in the DI Fawley series by Cara Hunter. I was looking forward to reading this, as I have read the previous two and loved them.
The team investigate a fire in 23 Southey Road in Oxford. Where a mother and her three-year-old boy has died and the oldest son is critically ill in hospital. They expect arson, after they discover that the house is doused in petrol and Michael Esmond is nowhere to be seen and his car is missing from the drive. They expect Michael to have star
K.L. Slater
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the first two books in the DI Fawley series and I’m pleased to report that Book 3, NO WAY OUT, was just as thrilling.
The story is told in present day and flashbacks, revelations drip fed to keep the reader turning the pages. The plot is twisty and full of tension and chilling details. As with her other narratives, the author peppers the storyline with lots of interesting detail such as emergency call logs, tweets and newspaper articles.
The characters are well-developed
Liz
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Despite the subject matter being upsetting in places I thought this was the best book of the DI Adam Fawley series so far. The plot was well-crafted, believable and I was surprised by many of the twists. I love the format, the interview transcripts and reports etc make for very quick reading and make the police procedure that little bit more authentic. I also thought the switching between past and present events was very cleverly done. Looking forward to Cara Hunter’s next novel in the autumn.
Susan Angela Wallace
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No way out by Cara Hunter.
It's one of the most disturbing cases DI Fawley has ever worked.

The Christmas holidays, and two children have just been pulled from the wreckage of their burning home in North Oxford. The toddler is dead, and his brother is soon fighting for his life.

Why were they left in the house alone? Where is their mother, and why is their father not answering his phone?

Then new evidence is discovered, and DI Fawley's worst nightmare comes true.

Because this fire wasn't an accident
Helen Costello
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was just the book I needed to get me through my yearly book lull. Happens every September. A fast paced, mystery thriller - Who set fire to the Esmonds mansion resulting in the tragic murder of a family?

I loved how many times I thought I had solved it (but hadn’t). I enjoyed being back with the police team of Fawley, Gislington & Quinn.
Meggy
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I would like to thank Penguin Random House, and particularly Ellie, for inviting me to be part of this blog tour and for providing me with a copy of No Way Out.

I will not forgive myself for waiting so long to discover Cara Hunter! I go through huge amounts of crime fiction every month, so it has become more arduous to find exhilarating books. I love murders and blood, yes, but I feel myself wanting more, becoming pickier, searching for an invigorating writing style, a different format, a thril

peggy
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all let me say that i love this author, the series and yes the girl has done it again..
This is a real page turner, a gripping read and a fantastic police procedural. Two children have been pulled from the wreckage of a burning house. One is dead on scene and the other is fighting for his life. Where are the parents and surely they were not left in the house alone ???? It is now upto DI Fawley and his team to solve this horrendous case. I was hooked from the first page, read this book in
Kat
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So yet again the wonderfully talented Cara Hunter writes another brilliant thriller in the DI Adam Fawley series and this is a series that I just can’t fault. When you pick up a book and it grips you from page one you know you are on to a winner and each of the books in this series have been just that ... 100% winners. We are reunited with the past members of the team and Adam Fawley is rather quieter in this book as he tries to deal with his ongoing personal problems, Cara Hunter is a master at ...more
Julie Lacey
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great series and this book had me hooked from the first few pages.
Adam is investigating a nasty house fire where one child is dead, and the other is fighting for his life.
What he can’t work out is where the parents were.
The story is told in the present tense but there’s also some chapters telling the story of what happened leading up to the fire.
It seems life for Samantha was not great and she was struggling to cope with two young children.
There are a few shocks in store towards t
Jay Dwight
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another excellent addition to the DI Adam Fawley series.

A police procedural of high quality.

I love the way Cara takes on the entire journey, making the reader feel like they are looking over the shoulder of the entire investigation – down the wrong path, then backtracking, the discovering of new evidence, and inching closer to the truth.

Police investigate a house fire in this mystery, with two children pulled from the wreckage. But where are the parents? Evidence comes to light that shows the
  • Sleep
  • The Evidence Against You
  • Day of the Accident
  • The Stone Circle (Ruth Galloway, #11)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • The Neighbour
  • Someone Knows
  • The Passengers
  • A Death at Fountains Abbey
  • Finding Grace
  • After the End
  • Treacherous Strand (Inishowen Mysteries Book 2)
  • All the Hidden Truths
  • Twisted
  • The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2)
  • All The Hopeful Lovers
  • Wildflower Bay
Cara Hunter is a writer who lives in Oxford, in a street not unlike those featured in her series of crime books. Close to Home is her debut featuring DI Adam Fawley, and her second, In the Dark, is coming soon.

DI Adam Fawley (4 books)
  • Close to Home (DI Adam Fawley, #1)
  • In the Dark (DI Adam Fawley, #2)
  • All the Rage