Start by marking “Visible Mending: Artful Stitchery to Repair and Refresh Your Favorite Things” as Want to Read:
Visible Mending: Artful Stitchery to Repair and Refresh Your Favorite Things

Visible Mending: Artful Stitchery to Repair and Refresh Your Favorite Things

Rip in your jeans? Snag in a sweater? Tear in a tea towel? They all present an opportunity for one-of-a-kind creativity! With this fun introduction to unconventional mending techniques in a format that's half how-to guide, half idea book, anyone can give worn and torn items new life.

Start by learning hand-mending methods, including boro, embroidery, patching, and darning.

Published June 1st 2018 by That Patchwork Place

To ask other readers questions about Visible Mending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visible Mending

Betty
Review coming soon.
Ruth Ann
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: craft
Sulky threads produces one-hour webinars with focused projects to help sell their products. They recently partnered with Jenny Wilding Cardon on a visible mending webinar. During a 24 to 48-hour period of the initial broadcast you can order a webinar kit at a reduced price. This book was part of the webinar kit from Sulky.

Visible Mending: Artful Stitchery to Repair and Refresh Your Favorite Things covers four hand-mending techniques: boro, hand embroidery, patches, and darning. The last section
Morgan
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Visible Mending is a great place to start if you are interested in learning to mend clothing. It’s a strait forward, practical, easy to understand manual for basic to intermediate mending. As a competent sewer, and Fiber artist who uses these skills to produce art, I turned to this book for a few tips on repairing items that receive wear and tear. The instructions and photo examples are clear and easy to follow.
You won’t find any discussion of the philosophical , ecological, or conceptual theor
Alex
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Practical, clear and beautiful

I love the idea of valuing something that is imperfect, repaired -- this book has a philosophy of its own. It is also very practical, showing me exactly how to save my favorite garments and give them a longer life. The results are whimsical and lovely.
Karen
This is a great resource for mending or covering stains by adding fabric, thread, embroidery or yarn. There's a nice variety of methods covered. Perfect timing since I have a fairly new t-shirt with a stain I haven't been able to get out. =)
Tracey
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
nonfiction (stitchery/mending)
Well done guide to different mending techniques, beautifully photographed, with instructions on boro stitching, embroidery, patches, darning, and mending by machine.
Ceil
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, the examples were great. But, I have spent my life trying to make my mending invisible and I don't know if I can change now.
Anne
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great guide. It's clear and concise with easy explanations and great pics. And it covers working with fabrics in addition to or instead of denim which is very helpful.
MaryLou Torpey
Sep 03, 2018
Laurla2
Mar 09, 2019 added it
Shelves: nonfiction, craft
-i wish the book was longer or had a LOT more examples. i loved the idea, but perhaps my tastes are just too picky for the examples given.
cynthia l good