Start by marking “Down The Rabbit Hole (Absolution, #3)” as Want to Read:
Down The Rabbit Hole (Absolution, #3)

Down The Rabbit Hole

(Absolution #3)

Out of the madness came something extraordinary.
But not without a price.

An innocent crush
Turned into a rush
When he gave me the attention I craved
His touch became vile
Like a turn of the dial
The path down the rabbit hole he paved

Carrick came along
Told me I belonged
In this world to be cherished and loved
When life spun out of control
It crushed my soul
My fate written in the s
Published (first published October 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Down The Rabbit Hole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down The Rabbit Hole

Donna
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Joz Maxel book, and what a wonderful surprise!! It was a little different than I expected, but really good!!

Keely had a traumatic experience at a young age that sent her spiraling down the rabbit hole. She got into drugs, drinking and sexually promiscuous. She was finally trying to calm down her lifestyle, working at a new job, when she met Carrick. He was taken by her immediately and tried asking her out. Problem was Keely didn’t do relationships. Carrick doesn’t give up that e
Allisyn
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amped-up-books
This book had me from the beginning, Carrick and Keely are fantastic characters!! Keely's struggle really got to me because she's made some bad decisions in her life based on an experience when she was young. I really felt connected to her. Joz did a great job of sucking me in and not letting me go!! I will easily add Carrick to my harem, I love men who overlook your past and let you be your true self!!
Meghana Sarathy
I have a mixed view about this one. It wasn't bad BUT it wasn't that good..I mean, I was expecting more from the blurb and in that sense I was disappointed but then again, the story by itself wasn't disappointing just it lacked the luster and went along the expected lines and it wasn't a 'rabbit-hole' like I had hoped for.
First up - now I know that it's a third book of the inter-related standalone series. This is the first book I read from the author and the series, so for most of the first half
Lauren Jones
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
When something terrible happens to you at an early age, it has power over you. Something as horrifying as rape can cause your life to spiral right down the rabbit hole. Drugs and alcohol are typically the first addictive solutions to making the pain go away, but then comes the self-loathing, disrespect for your body and possible suicide attempts. Depending on how violent the act was or how long it occurred, it could be a feeling of drowning without being in water. Women are supposed to love thei ...more
Marissa Dawn  Hall
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won this Book as an ARC and going into I have never read any books by Joz Maxel and this was the, first one I have I have read it was different then anything I have ever that many people can relate too.
This book is the third in The Absolution Series and I fell in love with the characters especially Keely and, Carrick when I first got introduced to Keely she went through a very difficult time in her life when was a. The young lady that map out The decisions that would either be good ones or bad
Angela DeMarco
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Down The Rabbit Hole by Joz Maxel is Keely Mulburn’s story. She was introduced to us in book 2 (Under the Rising Sun). Down The Rabbit Hole can be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed reading this one, and you will too!

Keely, has been through quite a bit in her young life. When she was sixteen she suffered a traumatic life altering experience. Setting up a chain of events that lead her to make some very poor choices. Keely puts on a front she hides her true self from others. She doesn’t want
Keri Loves Books
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story had me from the prologue. I have followed this author from her first book and each story gets better.

Keely has been spiraling for years. A horrific act left her seeking out drugs, alcohol and men to lose herself.

Carrick is a good time guy. He loves a great party and a hot girl, nothing permanent.

Keely just got a waitressing job at the same place where Carrick bartends. He’s drawn to her immediately but she’s just not interested...until one night with his over-the-top gesture, he fina
Thuy Taylor
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Keely from the beginning drew me in. She had a traumatic thing happen to her, and she went through life in a daze, high on drugs, just masking her feelings down. She meets Carrick who pursues her relentlessly, and one day, which was pretty sweet, she accepts his date invite.

Carrick falls quickly for her and Keely knows he's not the typical guy she sees. She could see herself falling for him.

There are alot of things I wasn't expecting in the story. I didn't read the first 2 books in this series,
Lozzie
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Down The Rabbit Hole is my favourite of the series. It was funny, angsty and touching. It covers some sensitive issues that people may be sensitive to, but I loved how the book book dealt with it.

I loved the main characters of the story. Carrick and Keely's story touched me, and it was so awesome to see more into Keely's life. I wanted to know more about Keely's life after meeting her in the second novel of the series - and her story was so bittersweet.

Carrick was totally awesome! He was a swe
Rhiannon Hall
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book!!
Finally it's Keely's story!! It has felt like a life time waiting for this book and boy was it worth the wait (it wasn't really that long of a wait but I've wanted this story since meeting her in book 2) Joz most certainly didn't disappoint with Down the Rabbit Hole! When we first meet Keely it's obvious she's not as free spirited as she would like people to believe it's a mask she hides behind to keep her reality at bay but sooner or later everyone has to face
Melissa Parnell
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from Joz, however I felt like I could read this as a standalone without trouble. That being said, I will definitely be going back to read the others in this series. I really enjoyed reading about these characters. I felt the story was real and it definitely touched my heart with so many different emotions. It was completely different from what I expected after reading the blurb. I don't know why I felt that way, but it definitely read different then what I thought I would ...more
Teresa Juckett
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book😍😍

I absolutely loved loved Keely & Carrick and this story was so smooth it flowed from one word into the next that it was hard to put down. This is my 2nd book to read by Joz and once again she delivers with another 5 star story. Keely had made some bad decisions based off what had happened to her when she was younger one's that she was still struggling with then she meets Carrick & you couldn't help but fall in love with him and for him to not hold her past against her li
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this amazing series. Keely is haunted by a horrific event in her life, and turns to drugs and alcohol in order to forget and get through the days. Carrick chips away at her walls, but will Keely allow herself to trust anyone again. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written flawless story, which is filled with emotion, angst, secrets, heartbreak and love. I was totally intrigued and hooked throughout this addictive pa ...more
Norma
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a little confused at first, trying to keep the characters straight because so much was happening, but once you figured out who was with who, OMG! I couldn't put it down. Keely & Carrick made the story. The title of this book is perfect. The story is exactly that. I read the previous two books in this series, but this book drew you into it in a special way . You felt the love, the pain, and all the emotions that every character went through. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Felt like I w ...more
Lauren Harwood
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The thing I like about Joz Maxel is she's a risk taker, she writes about topics that other authors tend to shy away from. Down The Rabbit Hole is no exception.
Keely was running from a life she hates. A horrible step father and step brother, who is a right knob. When Keely finds herself back home, she's faced to deal with the people she hates most. But being home brings her closer to family she loves and cares about. It also leads her to Carrick.
Keely isnt looking for love but she finds it when
maureen
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that makes you think about what has shaped you. The character in this book had a traumatic experience when she was young and she allowed it to dictate all her decisions. It’s so easy to let the bad things define us. I loved how this author created her characters and made them so believable. Carrick is the type of man that makes a woman feel worthy of living a beautiful life. Beautiful and well written.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krysten
This book had me so confused in the beginning, it went from something horrible happening to Keely and then were waking up in her sister's apartment and we don't know how we got there. Honestly the Blub sounded really good and I thought why not give this book a try and although I was lost by the end of the book I was found and overall it was a good read, it was not like any other books I  have read overall I did enjoy it and would read more books from this author.
Wendy Ballard
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Down the Rabbit Hole is a wonderful story about a lady who has had a rough life. She keeps making some very bad choices. She meets a guy that does everything he can to get her to go out with him.

You can read this book as a standalone or read all 3 books in The Absolution Series. I am sure that you will love them as much as I do.

This book could make you cry. They is a few sad parts in the story, It is like falling down and trying to make your way back but it is a long road to make.
Autumn Bryant
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I will be the first to admit that I didn't like Keely after book 2, however I was anxious to see what her story would be like. I was not disappointed. It is heartbreaking, but you see how strong she is and why she does the things that she does. From the first page until the last I was absolutely captivated by her and her story. It was beautifully written and the ending was perfect. I hope to see more of her in the future!!
Annie Reynolds
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for my honest review.
This is my first story from this author.

Holy cow! What a wild ride! This book was never what I'd have expected and it took my breath away and had my heart racing for the entire ride. You won't be the same after reading this story. It hits hard without showing any mercy.

I was gushing over this cover at first sight. And I NEED this paperback.
Sara
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for an honest opinion. This book pulled on my heartstrings. Keely has a troubled past but finds true love. Carrick falls head over heels for Keely and their chemistry is spot on but she must deal with her ghosts in order to be able to move on. I would recommend this book, series, and author.
Caroline
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, thoroughly enjoyed it, couldn't put it down. This is a great series and Down The Rabbit Hole didn't let me down. It was well written, had a great storyline and alot of chemistry and emotion.

I loved that Keely got her own book and her HEA. We met the confused Keely in book 2, I was excited to follow her story, really hoping there is more to come.
Heather Poll
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was hard to put down. I fell in love with Keely in Under the Rising Sun and couldn't wait to read her book! Joz did an amazing job writing on some tough subjects. I can't say enough about this book!! It's a must read for sure!
Kimberly Ann
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bazillion Stars!!

Absolutely loved this book! Joz Maxel brings a new depth to her writing with Down the Rabbit Hole. This is definitely a #MustReadOf2018 #OneClick #5Stars
Amali Rose
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Down The Rabbit Hole is an emotional, angst filled ride that you won't want to get off. The intensity this story evokes will overwhelm you while fully capturing your heart. A must read.
Rachel
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading about the "smart-ass, feisty, sassy, spunky, damaged, full of life girl" in Keely and Carrick.
Wendy Ballard
Oct 17, 2018
Stacey
Nov 25, 2018
Pam Loayza Hulka
Jan 28, 2019

Absolution (3 books)
  • My Absolution (Absolution, #1)
  • Under The Rising Sun (Absolution, #2)