Start by marking “In Paris With You” as Want to Read:
In Paris With You

In Paris With You

A runaway bestseller in France, Clémentine Beauvais's In Paris With You is a love story you won't soon forget.

Eugene and Tatiana had fallen in love that summer ten years ago. But certain events stopped them from getting to truly know each other and they separated never knowing what could have been.

But one busy morning on the Paris metro, Eugene and Tatiana meet again, no
Expected publication: January 8th 2019 by Wednesday Books (first published August 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about In Paris With You, please sign up.
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach It didn't read like YA, I'm really not sure why it's listed that way... There's nothing inappropriate for younger readers, it just isn't Young Adult…moreIt didn't read like YA, I'm really not sure why it's listed that way... There's nothing inappropriate for younger readers, it just isn't Young Adult in my opinion.(less)

Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading In Paris With You on 10/16/2018 and finished it on 10/22/2018. This is my first ever fiction poetry read and I love it! This love story makes me smile right from the beginning and keep me smiling until the end. One night I got woken up at 2AM and decided to read this book for 30 minutes. I ended up reading it for more than 3 hours! Instead of helping me to sleep, this story only makes me want to turn the pages more and more. This book definitely proves why I enjoy reading about ...more
emma
this is the perfect book to read in bed before you fall asleep and you're like "i'll just get a few pages in so i can doze off" and then oops you just read 100 pages but it's kind of okay because it's poetry so it's fast? but at the same time that doesn't change the fact that it's 2 a.m. and your sleeping schedule is just as much in shambles as it was the night before and also has been for your entire life.

that's a long way of saying "i read this book in three nights, exclusively after midnight.
may ❀
thank you to netgalley for providing me with an e-arc, all opinions are my own

ehhhhh, i'm not entirely sure how i feel about this.

on one hand, its an interesting story ft. 'the-love-that-got-away' slash 'second-chance-romance' and hear me out, i sorta, kinda love and adore both those tropes but all i'm feeling right now is :/

Pros
- the cover is so adorable, its was the main reason why i was even interested in the book
- the writing is funny and engaging to the reader
- the meetings between the ch
Mika
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chez Sarbacane,
les ados,
on les prend pas pour des
idiots.

Je le savais,
je suis un habitué,
mais dans le cas de Mlle Beauvais,
putain, ça m'a soufflé.

En ouvrant ce bouquin j'étais
impatient
apeuré
sautillant
presque déjà emballé.

(Et c'est ici que les rimes s'arrêteront, car la maladie m'empêche de réfléchir sur une trop longue période. Merci pour votre compréhension.)

Cette histoire c'est
Un danger
Comme un
Secret
Que l'on se passe dans le silence d'une chambre.
Vous savez
Le genre de livre que l'on prête en
Romie
I'm shook? I don't really know what happened, I'm a mess of feelings right now. Did I like it? Did I dislike it? Do I want to scream? All of these? I'm in pain.

I need to say that this book wasn't perfect. Not at all. Sometimes I couldn't connect with the characters or what they were feeling, but there were moments that made me smile, laugh and tear up a little. It's hard to put words on how I feel about this book, I guess the easiest way to describe it is to say that it's a beautiful mess?

Some p
Erin ღYour YA Readerღ
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
🍪🍪🍪
3 Cookies
my blog
I received this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Agh! This book was the sweetest!

Story:
This story was actually in verses? So it was like a poem. Usually I don't usually go for these types of books so this was a pleasant surprise! I actually enjoyed the writing. It was organized and wasn't confusing. However, I felt sometimes the love thing went a little overboard. It was just a little much for me.

Characters:
My favorite character by a mile is Tatiana! She's
Rebecca
(3.5) I don’t know the source material Beauvais was working with (Eugene Onegin, 1837), but still enjoyed this YA romance in verse. I was, however, reminded a bit of the setup and characters of Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev. I’m in awe at how translator Sam Taylor has taken the French of her Songe à la douceur and turned it into English poetry with the occasional rhyme. Eugene and Tatiana meet by chance in Paris in 2016 and the attraction between them is as strong as ever, but a possible r ...more
Clara
4.5/5 stars
Myriam
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, sp
Il arrive parfois qu'un livre acclamé par la critique nous donne des attentes... et qu'elles ne soient pas comblées.
J'avais beaucoup entendu parler des ouvrages de Clémentine Beauvais, notamment depuis "Les Petites Reines". "Songe à la douceur" est le premier que je lis (si l'on exclut "Inséparables" de Sarah Crossan qu'elle avait traduit, et que j'avais beaucoup aimé).
Je ne m'attendais pas du tout à ce genre d'histoire. Les vers libres ne m'ont pas dérangée. Ils ont même donné un rythme intéres
Blandean
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Énorme coup de cœur, sûrement le premier de cette année.
Je l'avais emprunté un peu par hasard, j'avais vu quelques bons avis, et puis je m'étais rendu compte qu'il s'agissait d'un roman en vers. N'étant pas sure de l'apprécier, je l'avais donc mit un peu de côté.
Je l'ai tout de même intégré à ma Pàl pour cette été, et c'est avec un peu d'à priori que je me suis lancée... et finalement, La grosse surprise.
Page après page, mot après mot, je suis tombée amoureuse. De l'histoire, des personnages, d
Emma
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book, it was very different but still very enjoyable. I can't wait to tell you all of my thoughts. I'm going to post my full review when we are closer to the release date.
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
This was not the book for me... I really do not like the poetry writing style. It's hard to follow a story in that kind of format. And I'm still confused about who the narrator is? And if they're just the narrator, why did they have a "scene" with Eugene?

This is not a cute and fluffy love story... And it doesn't read like YA (not even sure why it categorized as YA). Eugene is basically the worst and deserves to be alone. To advertise this book as something for fans of Eleanor and Park is ridicul
Mdg2810
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quelle claque!
C’est frais, moderne, poignant. Ça montre toute l’étendue de l’amour sans tomber dans la niaiserie. C’est beau, ça fait mal, mais même cette souffrance semble belle.
Le style de l’auteure est juste sublime. Un roman avec de la poésie. J’ai apprécié également la forme. Bref, je suis plus que conquise.
Hristina
Eugene Onegin was one of the rare books I read in high school without skipping pages or passages and liked in the end. And while I'm not big on retellings, I decided to give this one a chance because the synopsis just got to me.
This book is an easy read and a fairly entertaining one. It started off so well, light, playful tone in the writing whose silliness made it hard to put this book down. But then it brings up an unexpected storyline which simply doesn't go with the tone that the book is wri
Yaritza
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written novel about a love so true and strong. A story filled with words that grasp your attention. Written in poem stanza, filled with rumbling of words that send you raising after the characters thoughts, dreams and reality. The characters have vivid day dreams and times where they talk to themselves, giving you a picture of their thoughts and feelings. I loved how the author would take you from the past and back to the present. Author freely threw words, phrases and poems to bri ...more
prettybooks
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
19/20

Un roman écrit en vers pour raconter une histoire d’amour à la fois moderne et poétique. C’est très beau, la mise en page est sublime, le choix des mots est superbe. C’est original, inattendu, surprenant. Ca ne ressemble en rien à ce que l’on a pu déjà lire auparavant.

Ma chronique : https://myprettybooks.wordpress.com/2...
Malanie
This book is so problematic. I want to eat mint ice cream, which is the worst ice cream flavor, just to have some physical manifestation for all my disappointment.

I just wasn't expecting this book to be so uncomfortable???? Can we have a moment to look at the deceptively adorable cover, DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU there are issues with this book for days and days. (At no point did I feel an ounce of happiness.)

A Convenient List of Reasons Why You Shouldn't Read This

1) Very serious, triggering issues
Mara YA Reader Reviewer
I can’t decide between 3 and 4 stars. I’m somewhere in the middle but more towards 4. Haha. Exactly. I’m just a complete mess after this.

In Paris With You is my first book in verse that I’ve perhaps ever read. I can’t recall anything else. And I’ve definitely never read anything like it at all.

The reason I came across it was because I’ve been trying to find books, YA books that is, that are not set within the US. And I somehow found this. Which was originally written in French and oh so amazin
Clarabel
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-and-wild
4 étoiles pour le format audio ! Texte lu par Rachel Arditi, qui m'avait déjà totalement emballée avec Les petites Reines. Son jeu est extra ! J'ai passé un plaisir fou à l'écouter et à plonger dans son univers exubérant. En gros, je suis fan. ☺
Sinon la lecture est agréablement surprenante et remarquable pour sa prise de risques.

Nolly Rnc
J'ai eu à lire ce livre pour les cours et j'ai vraiment eu du mal à le lire. L'écriture en vers n'est vraiment pas ma tasse de thé. Je n'ai pas réussi à apprécier.
Erin Hahn
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an early English copy from Wednesday Books to read and I devoured this charming book in two days. The prose sang to me and made me giggle and also cry at times. The flashbacks were so relevant and real that I found myself blushing along with the teen Tatiana. Adult Eugene made me swoon with his utter sincerity. “In Paris” is a love story in every dreamy, blissful, naive, tragic, stark and desperate kind of way. I confess to being a sort of “novel-in-verse” virgin, but I’ve been forev ...more
Ombeline
Je ne savais pas à quoi m’attendre. Un roman en vers...mais c'est possible !? Et bien oui ! Et c'est génial même !

J'ai pris plaisir à lire ce livre, le fait qu'il soit en vers rythme la lecture et cette mise en page poétique illustre l'histoire. Clémentine Beauvais joue avec les mots de façon merveilleuse, et ajoute une touche d'humour tout en finesse sublime. Chacun de ses romans est une nouvelle surprise, j'espère en avoir encore bien d'autres !

A lire absolument à tout age !

Do
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars! I loved the writing and the verse, but unfortunately I did not like the story as much as I hoped.
Kendall
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Pars with You... was nothing like I had expected! I was conflicted at first in how I wanted to rate this book.

First off, I must have not been paying attention because this book is actually written like a poem. This threw me off a little bit in the beginning because the format wasn't making sense. I don't think I particularly enjoyed reading a formatted book like this but am SO glad that I experienced this book (if that makes any sense haha)

Clementine has such beautiful writing and you clearl
Lissa
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
Told in verse, this retelling of Pushkin’s Eugene Onegin, tells the story of the relationship between Tatiana and Eugene as teenagers and a decade later as young adults. Eugene is the best friend of Tatiana’s sister’s boyfriend who lives next door. Tatiana falls in love with him but Eugene is selfishly bored and slightly obnoxious and rejects her advances. I have not read Pushkin’s classic but am familiar with the story and I felt this was a fairly good modernization. I will say that the title a ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Whoops, didn't realize this was a verse novel. I do not do verse novels.
Miss Précipitation
Histoire d'amour en prose sous forme poétique- il faut un peu de temps pour s'y habituer mais le livre a ainsi un charme extraordinaire
Manon Chartier
Mar 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-for-class
Je n’ai vraiment pas aimé ce livre, l’écriture en vers n’est clairement pas pour moi et en plus il ne se passe vraiment rien dans ce livre.
I was born in Paris in 1989 and though I started to read children’s books pretty early, I somehow never stopped. As a result, I’ve become a writer, reader and student of children’s literature. I’ve now been living and studying in Cambridge (UK) for seven years and have become a doctor. Well, not the type that saves people’s lives. The type that scribbles ‘PhD’ after their name and rambles on about ...more
“Il a le mal d'un siècle qui n'est pas le sien ;
Il se sent l'héritier amer d'un spleen ancien.”
2 likes