Start by marking “Running With the Wolves (The Chronopoint Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Running With the Wolves (The Chronopoint Chronicles, #1)

Running With the Wolves

(The Chronopoint Chronicles #1)

Ten realms will test everything.

For two years she led an alliance, forming bonds with people from around the world—but someone was watching. Chronopoint was only meant to be a game, until she found herself trapped in that world.

Fighting to survive, Kiuno discovers she’s not the only player who has been thrown into this strange land. Hideous, twisted monsters only seen in n
Published July 12th 2018 by BHC Press/Indigo

To ask other readers questions about Running With the Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running With the Wolves

Start your review of Running With the Wolves (The Chronopoint Chronicles, #1)
Mr Pink ink
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly didn't know what to expect with this book, but I am extremely happy that I read it.

Running with the Wolves has been dubbed as Ready Player One meets The Hunger Games and that byline is totally on the money!

This Fantasy is a thrill a minute, rollercoaster ride of a read - imagine waking up in a strange place with no memory of who are are, only to be faced with dangerous monsters and even more dangerous people.....!!!

Fast paced, action packed, swashbuckler galore, book 1 in The Chronop
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arcs
I really didn't know what to expect from this book. I've seen some reviews taht compare it with the Hunger Games and Ready Player One which made me interested in reading this.

This is about the MC, Kiuno, who doesn't remember how she got into the game. She's searching for her husband and friends and eventually met new ones in her journey.

I loved the world-building in this book. At times, it reminded me of the Children of Blood and Bone too! I found lots of great and relatable characters in this b
Soraia Ferreira
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer - I was given an e-copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinion stated are my own.

Let me start by saying that just the synopsys of the book gave me a Hunger Games/ Ready Player One vibe and I was here for it! I love plots that involve games/competitions/quests, so this was right up my alley. I was afraid I wasn't gonna like it that much but I'm happy to say that I was wrong. I really like the worldbuilding and how we discover what is going on at the sa
Please Pass the Books
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Running with the Wolves by J.E. Reed is book one in the author's new series, The Chronopoint Chronicles. After years of shaping and molding a team in an international multiplayer game called Chronopoint, Kiuno wakes to finds herself in the middle of an unknown forest with a wristband and a case of transitory amnesia. Armed with an instinctive - even if inexplicable - skill set, it isn't long before Kiuno realizes she's been thrust into a fantasy world she'd dedicated two years toward navigating. ...more
shannon✨
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest opinion

This book was not what I expected but it was so good! At first I didn't really had an expectation as to where this story was going, but it became clear really soon. The plot was so good, and it had just the right pace. It also had the right amount of happy events opposed to the amount of sad events. Also, this book definitely didn't bore me, and I really like the concept.
One thing what I didn't like about this story was
Dany
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I actually got this e-arc randomly and i got my soul ripped out in exchange (spoilers : this is a part of a duology which i will be trading my life for).

Reasons why I loved running with the wolves and you should too

World-building

There is a magic system which I hadn't totally got a hold on but its awesome. The world wasn't built so clearly but it literally was like playing a game.

There are many survival skills which we will need when we accidentally get sucked through hunger games or maze runner.
Justine Barr
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A group of stranded characters struggling to survive in an alternate world full of nightmare monsters, brutal humans, and one giant puzzle in the form of their mysterious captor.

This story is a powerhouse from the first chapter. I was immediately sucked into this well built world and found myself completely invested in the struggles of the characters. Reed has a singular ability to describe harrowing fight scenes and characters with layers of personality.

I sometimes wished the “rules” of this w
Jessica Julien
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you J.E Reed for the advance copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review

First of all, I had no idea what this book was about jumping into it, I wanted to be surprised and I definitely was. It sweeps you into the realms right away and you're thrown into a story within a story right away...kind of like inception for readers.

I will say it took my quite awhile to get into the book and get that feeling of not wanting to put it down. The beginning felt rushed and a little unorganized b
J.W. Garrett
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Running for the Wolves is not my typical read, but I was pulled into the chase with Kiuno as she initially felt lost and confused, until finding Elliott and Kikyo who help her train. The action builds as does Kiuno’s skill at the game she and her allies realize they’ve somehow been transported into - a game with very real world stakes. Kiuno’s goal is to find her husband, but she seems to be thwarted at every turn. Nevertheless, she powers on, learning as she goes. The battles pick up as the hig ...more
Jorja Grael
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book caught my attention and held it from page one. Excellent plot, with great world building combined to create a believable story. I really enjoyed the interactions between the characters, strangers in the beginning but close friends and comrades in arms by the end. The best thing was that it had a happy ending, but still left things wide open for a sequel. Ms Reed does it just right, which is not always the case with an author’s first novel. I look forward to the next book, if she choose ...more
Lisyet Torres
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paige Martin
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Running with the Wolves caught my attention from the first page. I am incredibly picky about introductions and J. E. Reed blew my mind. Her writing style is captivating and mesmerizing in a way I have never experienced. Her characterization captures the uniqueness of each person she introduces and you can see each one of them develop as time passes. The plot is unpredictable and will leave you wide eyed and in shock. This book reminds me of a combination of Maze Runner, Hunger Games and Ready Pl ...more
Cerize
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arc, 2019
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was in a state of confusion in the intro but that’s almost always the case for me. The opening parts of this book was rather slow but it immediately kept up the pace. I enjoyed the idea of players getting sucked into the game and then there are those unlucky people who got sucked into the game rather unsuccessfully (like apparating in Harry Potter and they get splinched).

The writing is strong, and I’d even say that it’s really goo
Nargis  Kalani
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi, fiction
“Just because people make mistakes doesn't mean they deserve to drown in them.”

Thank you so much to the author for sending me an e-copy of this book. I am so sorry for reading it late. Here's why:
Okay, this was just a 296 pages book but it took me more than a month to complete it. Why? Because I somehow got attached to the story. This book was not a slow burn really, but I made it a slow burn for myself :P
But like, I am glad I took my time reading it.

The mystery was right there at the beginni
Patrick D'Orazio
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The concept of transporting an average person into an alternate realm for high adventure has been around about as long as stories have been told. Authors such as Mark Twain, H.G. Wells, and Edgar Rice Burroughs all took swipes at this concept over a century ago. Science fiction and fantasy writers have followed that route time and time again ever since. With the advent of table top role playing games such as Dungeons and Dragons, Gamma World, Call of Cthulhu (among many others) in the seventies, ...more
Princess
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐️ J.E. Reed really takes RPG to a whole new level in this fantastic debut novel about random people sucked into their favorite gaming universe Chronopoint to play it in real life. This novel for me is ultimately about sacrifice, and honoring those who left before us. It reminds us how to be brave in the face of adversity and to always draw strength and hope from the ones we love.

Many thanks to the author for providing me a copy of this epic adventure in exchange for an honest review.

Full r
Abi
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This work has similar elements to the Hunger Games but is set in its own, creative world. It was refreshing to have a female protagonist in a fantasy novel who who was older and married, though the characters all felt a little too similar overall. I would've like a bit more information on the world, its purpose, and how they got there, but this is only book one - hopefully it'll be much more fleshed out in the second. Overall, recommend this book!
I received a complimentary copy of this work thro
Laura (laurascozyreads)
I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

-- originally 3,5 stars but I felt like I had to edit the rating after reading the second book in this series and compared to my other ratings in general --

3 stars ☆

All in all I really enjoyed this book! I've never read anything which is based on the idea of people being prisoners in a game and I loved the magic elements. I didn't really get the Hunger Games-Mazerunner-feel which some people described, but I can't really compare
Clarissa
Overall I enjoyed this book and it was a lot of fun, although it had a frustrating hiccough in the middle. Based on the idea of becoming trapped in a fantasy computer game it could have been completely derivative, but it managed to partially avoid this. One thing that I found confusing was the age of the main character - was referred to as a girl but was also married, so that made it difficult for me to create a good image of her in my mind.
Jacqueline
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Sh*t

Um ok wow. I have a small collection of books that I am absolutely obsessed with and this has just made that list. As a fellow writer, I hope my debut novel is half as good as this one. The friendships, the loyalty, the love, oh my god the pain... oh but the power.

I cannot wait for book 2
Literary Classics Book Awards & Reviews
Kiuno woke up one morning in a mild state of amnesia with nothing but the clothes on her back and a bracelet with her "name" on it. While she can vaguely recall her life back home, the forest she now finds herself in seems somehow familiar as well. She comes to remember that Kiuno is her online ID for a video game she plays called Chronopoint. She also remembers she has a husband and an ordinary life back home. Eventually, she decides to look for civilization, hoping to find some of the other pl ...more
Maria Vermisoglou
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Katie Cutter
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it once... Read it again!

One of the reviews I saw said it was a good mix of The Hunger Games & Ready Player One, and I have to agree. Although at times the plot seemed to move a little slow by the time you reached them end of the book you were glad that it did. The plot and character background was laid out so very well that you never got lost or confused about a characters actions or intentions. I'm already eager to read the next in the series and can't wait to read this one again!
H.M. Gooden
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an advance copy of this book and have voluntarily reviewed it.
Although it had a slow start, it quickly picked up steam and I found myself unable to put it down.

Although completely heartbreaking at times, it was difficult to not put yourself in the main character’s shoes, and her reactions to the horror she deals with are on point. This book ends on a high note, but by no means is the adventure over.

A wonderful start to the series I can’t wait to read more from this promising author
Crystal Amason
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book!. I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading it. The author kept me on edge the whole time wandering what was gonna happen next. I hope there us a book two. We have more realms to go thru and so wanting to know who's evil idea this was. The characters are Amazing! I'm still mad about a certain two deaths tho. Expect the unexpected! So worth the price!
Cassandra Morris
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I read the blurb I was interested, however within 3 pages I was hooked. While reminding me of the Sword Art Online anime, this was the best realistic story of someone living in a game world I have read. More that that, the characters are faced with basic everyday issues that show a well thought out world, with believable and relatable characters. I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book.
Starr
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual read, but I fast became engrossed in the story. Gamers being sucked into the worlds in which they played. The dangers are real now. It's not a game anymore! J. E. Reed is a new author and well on her way with a great series!
Kristin Duncan
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fell in love with this. No spoilers but absolutely a great read. Got this from author and going to buy a copy for my community library now. Loves it cant wait to read more of reeds books
Allyson G
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I'm saying 4.5 stars. What if you woke up one morning, not at home but somewhere strange. You have no memory of your name, only a bracelet with a name on it. This is where we find Kiuno. And as strange as it seems Kiuno isn't the only one its happened to. The only similarity all these people have is that they are players of a massive online game. Now Kiuno must fight through this world in search of loved ones and a way out.
So I was offered a chance to read this book by the author and I have t
Andrea Roberts
This book was well done! Very fast paced, action packed and well developed. Hard to put down. If you like action packed books i definitely recomment this one!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Legacy of King Jasteroth Vol.1
  • Whom the Gods Love (God & Mortals, #1)
  • Mother of Rebellion (The Leyumin Divided Saga, #1)
  • 22 Scars
  • A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1)
  • The Shop on Peculiar Hill (The Vale of Strange Book 1)
  • Blood Moon's Fury (Curse of the Blood Moon Book 1)
  • The Atlantis Papyrus (Whispers of Atlantis #1)
  • Magic and Murder Among the Dwarves (Crying Woman Road #1)
  • The Defiant Prince (The Caradoc Trilogy #1)
  • The Story of Evil - A Hero's Downfall (#1)
  • The Illustrated Boatman's Daughter
  • Excalibur Rising: Book One of an Arthurian Saga (Excalibur Rising, #1)
  • Desert Swarm (Tarizon Saga #3)
  • Air Raid: A World War Two Mystery (Toby Whitby Book 1)
  • The 13 (Mission's End #1)
  • Warriors of St. Antoni
  • The Awakening (Emerge, #1)
J.E. Reed lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband and two cats. She’s always had an interest in writing, but didn’t explore that talent fully until 2015. Reed works as a Licensed Massage Therapist in the quiet town of Anderson. She graduated massage school in 2009 and has spent the last three years building her small business. She enjoys swimming, yoga and the occasional mud run with friends.

The Chronopoint Chronicles (2 books)
  • Rise of the Wolves (Chronopoint Chronicles, #2)