Start by marking “Wine, Witches and Song (The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea #1)” as Want to Read:
Wine, Witches and Song (The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea #1)

Wine, Witches and Song

(The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea #1)

Jackie is surprised to find a body smothered under a pile of stones on the beach. She is curious, but the case has to be passed to her sister Bernie, a high-ranking police officer. After all, what’s a small-town features writer and domestic witch going to do about the death of a local folk musician?

Quite a lot, as it turns out.

The murder weapon was a magical songbook.
Published April 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Wine, Witches and Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wine, Witches and Song

Start your review of Wine, Witches and Song (The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea #1)
Diana Blick
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I'm a big fan of Ms. Milligan's Celtic Witch series so I knew I loved her writing. But a whole new series with different characters and a different genre? Well, I should've had no doubts! She handles it beautifully and her writing is still up to speed. Her characters tend to take on a life of their own and you can't imagine that they aren't "real people".
Krystyna
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Music feeds the soul and is life

Absolutely terrific read. Starts off very low key but builds up in intensity as the story unfolds. She has always been able to perform minor magic but her life has always been normal. However finding a dead body on the beach throws her into a magical storm. Ghosts, magical books, a coach from hell and life draining witch hunters are just part of what she and her two closest friends have to deal with as they battle not only to save an innocent from jail but also to
Phyllis
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full of interesting history

The paramormal blended with English history and Anne Boleyn. Jackie has a freelanch job writing feel good stories about people and happenings in the villages round her. But she is lso aa witch. Not that she spends much time practicing her craft. During her early morning walk along the shore she discovers the body of a young musician partically buried in rocks. And thus starts her adventure.
Pat Spencer
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I so enjoyed the Celtic Witch series and rather doubtful about starting this book. In the beginning I found it rather slow but once I got into it it got better.
It will be interesting to see where the series takes us. I rather wish that Jackie and her friends had more definitive powers, a bit feeble at the moment but maybe these will develop in the rest of the series.
Heather
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The main character is a strong female lead, and she frequently interacts with her sister, who is similarly strong. And they don't centre their conversation around men. A welcome change!

Definitely worth a read if you like paranormal fiction.
Sheran Oberholzer
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of treachery and good witches

This book was fun to read. Since the main character was older i could relate to her thoughts and actions. Good wins over evil with the help of a few ghosts.
Lisa L
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story, a relaxing mystery with great characters

If you liked the hedge witch series I think you will find this new book equally delightful. The storyline flowed and I just didn't want to put the book down. Highly recommend
Linda
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little magic and a lot of foolishness

A story of magic that was interesting in the beginning but got lost somewhere.
A special book that might have had magical songs and is somehow linked to Anne Boleyn.
Meylon Rideout
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book
Evonne Hutton
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being a kitchen witch in a small town does not equip you to deal with things that go bump in the night!
But a gruesome murder must be solved!!
A cozy that you will enjoy!
Melinda Labuscagne
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I like the book because the main characters are not youngsters and they are in sink with their witchyness. Theres lotmof suspence.
Charlene Davis
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute

Interesting little witch story. Another great sister cop and, sister witch, daughter um, you will have to read to find out the answer
Luana Lindop
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

This book was great. It made me curious about Anne Bolen even more! Great read. Fast read. Entertaining read! Would recommend to anyone.
Virginia Allen
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I found the book hard to put down. It kind of had a slow start but then I very much enjoyed it and will read the next one too.
joy michaelis
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read.

Once again spent the entire day reading. When you can not put a book down, you know you have not wasted your time.
Dorothy Fouchey
Aug 29, 2018
Christine O'Donnell
Apr 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • That Old Witch! (The Coffee Coven's Capers #1)
  • Sweet Murder (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #1)
  • Witch in Progress (A Blair Wilkes Mystery #1)
  • Hoodoo and Just Desserts (The Witch Sisters of Stillwater Cozy Series Book 1)
  • The Ghosts of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #1)
  • Son of a Witch (Witch Squad Mystery #2)
  • Witch You Were Here (Nightshade Mystery #1)
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Witch Out of Water (A Moonstone Bay Mystery, #2)
  • Magical Blend
  • A Thrift Shop Murder (Cats, Ghosts, and Avocado Toast, #1)
  • Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #1)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
  • Southern Magic (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #1)
  • Broomsticks And Bones (Spellbinder Bay, #2)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #3)

The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea (3 books)
  • Fine Figure of a Witch (The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea #2)
  • Witch Out Of Water (The Everyday Witches of Wildham-on-Sea #3)