Start by marking “Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)” as Want to Read:
Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)

Up Shute Creek

(Rose Gardner Investigations #4)

Book 4 in the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Rose Gardner Investigations series.

Rose Gardner feels like she’s up a creek without a paddle. Her sister is dying, her secret boyfriend, James Malcolm, is struggling to protect the county underworld from an upstart drug dealer, and her ex has moved back to town with a bee in his bonnet and a mission to root out corrup
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 398 pages
Published November 6th 2018 by DGS

Start your review of Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)
Elisa
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I’ve been shoved through an emotional wringer talk about fast paced and action packed not to mention just a bit of drama lol ok so it’s a Rose book there was a hell of a lot of drama omg what a freaking awesome story.

This mystery backed up in high cotton so well and as always there is never a dull moment in Henrietta for a small town it’s jam packed with wonderful, lovable and downright scary characters.
Amanda
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Denise has done it again and Up Shute Creek is another terrific addition to the Rose Gardner series. We begin the book with the introduction of Rose’s newest “stray” Carly. (Okay, we actually begin with some Rose and James and uh, yum, but the mystery plot begins with the introduction of Carly.) I really enjoy her character and think she’s a great addition. I like that we have two mysteries going between Carly’s appearance and Rose/NK’s latest PI case involving a missing woman. The plots progres ...more
Heather
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a reader and huge fan of Rose, each book is like catching up with a good friend. I love seeing how much Rose has changed, but also how she has stayed the same throughout the numerous books.

This book was full of excitement, laughter, a few tears, and one or two characters you want to throat punch at least once. I highly recommend this series and anything written by Denise Grover Swank.
Ian
Haven't we been here before?

Up Shute Creek feels more than a little like na victory lap. Not all that much happens, nothing is really resolved. The main characters don't grow, honestly they go backwards.

For what it is it's entertaining, just not outstanding.

In the past I've waited with bated breath for the latest Rose Gardner book. Not so much anymore.
Brandy Barber
Laura Martinez
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Denise does not disappoint in this book! It was a page turner for sure!! So much was happening that I got whiplash. You ever read a book and, think damn that was a good one? That’s how I am right now. I’m still reeling and processing what I just read. Pick this series up! You will not be disappointed. Be ready for a good book hangover as well. So finger-licking book-good!!
Mona  Brown
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure where to even begin. This book starts out with an encounter between Rose and James that is just incredible and wow.... Then Neely-kate and Rose find Carly and decide that they are going to help her out without knowing anything about her, or what kind of trouble she may bring to their world. Rose and Neely-Kate take on a case of a missing girl. This investigation has more twists and turns than you can shake a stick at. There is a hilarious scene involving how to describe a reverse ha ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I’ve come to expect from Denises’ books, is that you can’t expect to know what is going to happen. The roller coaster ride that she takes you on in the book is amazing. I’m sure I’ve said this about one of her books, but this book is heartbreakingly beautiful. Rose and Neely Kate are our doing PI work again but find themselves in the same old shenanigans. The journey isn’t done yet, and I can’t wait until the next book!
Cora
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is exactly what I expect when I read one of Denise’s books. There is EVERYTHING in here. After all of the amazing books we have had, we know the characters and keep finding out more as we join them on their adventures. I mean after all it really wouldn’t be fun if we didn’t have a good mystery to solve or someone shady that we meet up with. Right?!?

As always the girls are my squad goals. With NK’s history coming to light Rose shows her love and support that she needs...even if she doesn’t
Theresa
4.5 Stars... Rose is definitely up a creek without a paddle... Unrest in Fenton County is causing everyone to be on guard; Rose and Neely Kate are tasked with solving a missing persons case which leads them into the center of a building storm... True motivations and desires are revealed as the mystery unfolds and in the end devastation and loss prevail... Friendship, family, love, loss, and humor all take center stage throughout this story giving readers all the beautiful feels associated with R ...more
Sheri P
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Rose and Neely Kate will love this next installment in the Rose Gardener series.
One of my favorite parts about this series has always been the friendship of Rose and Neely Kate. I think their friendship grew stronger in this book. Everyone needs a true friend like these two. Add in the mystery of their newest case and the intriguing stranger that has been stranded in Henryetta and you have the recipe for a book that just keeps you wanting more!
Nicki
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this book was amazing! Denise sure knows how to write a great book! I loved every bit of this book, even when it broke my heart a few times. I loved the infusions of humor and the friendship growth. I love Rose and all her strays, I can't get enough of her story! And that ending basically blew my mind. I didn't know I could feel so excited and heartbroken at the same time. ...more
Angela
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. I don't know how Swank does it. This series gets better with each new addition. You will not be disappointed from the moment you open the book till the very end. Be prepared to feel every possible emotion. ...more
Cindy Knox
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Should have been a novella

The book was written well except a lot of repeating and the fact that the whole book was two days in the lives of Rose and NK from start to finish. I'm happy I read it but I wish I had waited till the next book came out and read them together
Monique
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 🌟

Here’s the thing.... I’m still processing because so much happened. There’s a couple of mysteries and a new character, relationships in all forms developing and changing. You have to know going into these books you need your wits about you, and I don’t mean Neely Kate’s cousin either! This books time frame is only around a week and it fits in a months worth of action.

With these novels, I can’t say too much in a review because I definitely do not want to spoil it for others but the thing I
Courtney
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in the Rose Gardner Investigation series!! So thrilled that I was able to read it before release and can not wait for a re read!! NK and Rose are back at it again, with yet another investigation full of twists and turns. This book will have you feeling every emotion possible. I'm so loving Joe's growth from the Rose Mystery books. He definitely snagged my heart strings. Warning: Major cliff hanger that will have you anxiously waiting for the next book in June. I can't wait!! ...more
TJ
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Anyone who follows me knows how much I love this series and the whole Rose Gardner world. I love the characters, the quirky and humorous banter, the addicting mysteries that must be solved and most important, the very heart of every story - the love that shines through in every relationship. It’s real.

This is one of the very few installments, however, that just didn’t grab me and keep me turning the pages. While all my favorite aspects are there, the plot seemed more like filler that is building
Todd Glaeser
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, that didn’t end the way I thought it would.

I kinda miss the wacky N.K., but I get that the books have taken a turn towards the dramatic. It’s a tribute to the author that even though the tone has changed, I’m emotionally invested in all of these characters. I’ll be waiting 6 months for the next one!
Anne Walker
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read. Starts out strong and continues through the whole book. It’s a page turner for sure. Don’t miss Rose and Neely Kate’s next adventure
Elizabeth
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Up Shute Creek is the next book in the Rose Gardner Investigation Series and it did not disappoint. It grabs your attention from the very beginning and it doesn’t let go.

Rose and Neely Kate are at it again. They end up helping someone who is down on her luck, and they don’t realize how much she’s needing them. They look at her as a friend from the very beginning even though she’s being very secretive.

While helping their new friend, they’re also trying to find a missing girl. Her mother hires R
Anna's Herding Cats
James. Nekkid. Doing all kinds of yummy things. Lordy! lol

The Gist: A girl's gone missing and Rose and Neely Kate are the only ones willing to look into her disappearance. But each new clue brings more questions and unfortunately more connections to the underworld.

Gah Rose and James. Yes! I adore these two. The good girl with an edge and the bad boy with a tender touch. Whew. Yes. And they really steamed things up this go around which I enjoyed. They're both trying so hard to do what they think
Samantha Malstrom
Absolutely phenomenal!!!
No matter how many books Denise Grover Swank writes in the Rose Gardner series, the books are still fresh and interesting and I am completely obsessed with them. Up Shute Creek has all the action, romance, conflict, suspense, and phenomenal writing that I’ve grown accustomed to in this amazing series. I tried to guess what would happen early on but of course there were twists and turns and it turns out I was completely wrong. I really love books that keep me guessing and
Sarah German
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to Rose’s story! Such a wild ride as Rose and Neely Kate solve another mystery! My heart broke for both Rose and Neely Kate but I think of how strong both have become and how much they have grown! Love living in their world and can’t wait for my re-read! Thank you denise for another excellent book that I read in a day because I couldn’t put it down!
Sandy Bartles
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that the author is still able to enthrall us with this series. The excitement, the thrill and the wonderment of this book kept my attention until the end. The only thing I don’t like is that a couple of things are left to find the answers in another book. However, it certainly whets my appetite. I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Gabrielle
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The plot thickens!

Denise Grover Swank never disappoints!

Rose and Neely Kate embark on a mission to find a missing young woman, but uncover so much more. The saga of Rose and James continues. And a new character enters the field. Another winner!
Angela
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. First, the ending has me absolutely speechless. But the whole book is incredible. Rose and NK are once again investigating another case. One which leads her back down the rabbit hole that is the corruption of Fenton County. Crazy antics and tons of drama. Such a great book.
Brandy Dugger
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even begin to give on of those big fancy reviews that I love to read with all the details about character development and plot lines.

What I can give you is this... if you don’t love this book we can’t be friends. Rose has become so much of my life that I want to drive down and hang out with her and Neely Kate. When I am reading this series... I am there. It is everything. Thanks for another amazing read.

Now to reread and go back to the world I love.
Miranda
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a wonderful start of this one(fans self).
Rose and NK come up on a new case to locate a woman’s missing teenage daughter so the tension is high on if they will find her and the state they find her.
This was an amazing read with such high and low moments, wondering what will happen next and giving more clues to a master plan.
The characters are amazing with humor and raw emotion, yes it is not a book that would technically happen in real life but this is why it is a book. For entertainmen
Denise Hoover
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassi Day
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing & Story! OMG There has to be MORE Rose Gardner mysteries!

If you want to go sleep Don't start a Rose Gardner book ;). If you some how just picked up this book and enjoyed, do yourself a favor and Start at the beginning with Rose Gardner Twenty-eight and a half wishes. One of the best series I have ever read. The novellas are great story fillers that help to see the characters even more clearly. And the later addition of the Neely Kate series is the perfect add on.

SPOILER ALERT!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Any Luck at All (Asheville Brewing #1)
  • Better Luck Next Time (Asheville Brewing #2)
  • Descended from Shadows: Book of Sindal Book One
  • Getting Lucky (Asheville Brewing #3)
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series #3)
  • Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal #2)
  • Of Fire and Storm (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Not Quite Settled (Lowcountry Mysteries #11)
  • Finding Forever (Bluebird Bay, #4)
  • Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)
  • Swamp Spook (Miss Fortune Mystery, #13)
  • Fortune Funhouse (Miss Fortune Mystery, #19)
  • Very Special Forces (Lexi Graves Mysteries #12)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Bayou Bodyguard
  • The Awakening (Mystere Parish, #3)

Rose Gardner Investigations (7 books)
  • Family Jewels (Rose Gardner Investigations, #1)
  • For the Birds (Rose Gardner Investigations, #2)
  • Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • Come Rain or Shine (Rose Gardner Investigations, #5)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • It All Falls Down (Rose Gardner Investigations #7)

News & Interviews

“For the first time, I wondered if our expiration date was approaching. I’d always suspected our relationship would end when he got spooked and ran, but now I wondered if I would be the one to end it. I already realized I needed so much more.” 1 likes