Start by marking “Your Rhythm (Sherbrooke Station, #1)” as Want to Read:
Your Rhythm (Sherbrooke Station, #1)

Your Rhythm

(Sherbrooke Station #1)

You know what they say: save a snare, bang a drummer.

Kay Fischer is well aware of what they say, and she intends to ignore it completely.

Published May 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Your Rhythm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Rhythm

Love2ReadRomance
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Your Rhythm is so entertaining, I couldn’t put it down. All the characters were great, and I loved the chemistry between Matt and Kay! I can’t wait to read more from Katia Rose.
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
3.5 Stars

This is the first book in this rockstar romance series that follows a band called Sherbrooke Station. Your Rhythm focuses on the drummer Matt. Matt is probably the most responsible and reliable bandmate. He is loyal to a fault and is always there to clean up the mess that the others make.

Matt is instantly drawn to music journalist Kay when she starts interviewing the band for a story. At first Kay is very reluctant to mix business with pleasure but Matt is quite the charmer and she giv
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!
*a copy was provided by the author*

Your Rhythm is the first book in the Sherbrooke Station Series by Katia Rose. I love, love Rockstar romance novels, so I just am a huge fangirl when it comes to Rockers in my romance novels! Katia Rose is also a new to me author.

A little slow in the beginning but it picked up quite fast, and I couldn't put it down! I love it! Katia Rose is a new author for me, and I'm looking forward to reading more from her!

Main character Kay, is a musi
nikkigracereads
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you were to look on my bookstagram feed, you would see that im no stranger to Katia Rose. She writes the type of book that leaves your heart happy, and is one of my “automatic one-click”authors. Imagine my excitement when i was given the opportunity to read her new story, YOUR RHYTHM. It is a contemporary, romantic comedy, and involves one of my favourite things, musicians. I am a sucker for a rockstar book, and oh boy, did I fall in love with Matt Pearson!!! *sighs*
Matt is the drummer for u
Bárbara
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author*

This was D E L I G H T F U L ohmygod!!

I'm finding out about me that I'm actually starting to get a taste for romance involving musicians. They are so fascinating! And in that sense, this story was deeply satisfying. Its characters had such distinct voices and personalities, it was amazing to get to know and care for them.

The story reminded me a lot of "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days", which is one of my favorite romcoms- but at the same time it had its own original el
Hanna's Book Obsession
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest review}
Katia Rose is one of those authors that I will read whatever she writes! Her books are the best contemporary goodness I need in my Life! "Your Rhythm" is no exception!! This book was really good! I really enjoyed reading this! Kay and Matt are so special! I loved them!!
Kay is trying to build her career back up. When she is offered the chance at the front page of her small newspaper she is excited until she finds out who her piece wil
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite

description

3.5 STARS!

Your Rhythm was an enjoyable, light, and sexy rockstar romance that kept me turning the pages until the very end. Not only because of the main couple but the guys from Sherbrooke Station. The chemistry between them was fabulous, and I can't wait to read more of them.

Overall, I'm glad that I had the chance to read this book. It brightened my mood and opened my eyes to a new author. Your Rhythm was my first Katia Rose's experience, and I can say with total sureness that it won't be my
Sarah  (sarahandherbookshelves)
*Arc received for review*

Your Rhythm by Katia Rose was such a great read. It was almost perfect to me! It had romance, music, friendship, and much much more and I just couldn't get enough. Matt Pearson is the drummer in a group called Sherbrooke Station. They are an up and coming band who has recently got a record deal with a pretty big record company. Kay is a journalistic who used to have an amazing job at one of the most popular music magazines in Montreal, but has fallen from grace and now
MillsyLovesBooks
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Your Rhythm is a contemporary, romantic comedy and my introduction to Katia Rose reads. I haven't read to many "rockstar" reads before and found this to be a wonderful start to to the Sherbrooke Station series.

Kay Fischer is a music journalist but after being burned, badly, by the industry and involving her ex. She no longer working at her dream job, having to start all over again working for a smaller magazine. It's not what and where she thought she'd be but a girls got to pay her bills. When
A Book Obsessed Brit
Your Rhythm is my first book by Katia Rose. A slow burn romance about a musician and a music journalist, the novel is easy to read and the characters feel like people you would have in your own circle of friends.

Kay our heroine is a music journalist, after coming to blows with a big player in the music business in her previous job, she struggled for employment. She has landed in a position writing a music and arts segment for a local newspaper. Kay is told that the newspaper is failing and is cl
AC Squared Book Blog
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I adore everything there is about music and everything there is about writing. This book was the perfect merriment of those two things, two of my favorite things. Everything about this book was so well written, so well thought out and so developed. There isn’t one negative thing I could say about the book. It had the perfect about amount of twists, turns, hills, slides, falls, everything you want from a books flow and more. And the emotions, man was she good at those! I always felt myself f ...more
Cait's Creatures
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

First, please ignore the fact that I can't spell Rhythm or use spell check on the graphics.

This book was different, for me, when reading Rock Star romances. Usually I read romances where the girl is a nobody(in terms of fame, YOU ALL MATTER), and the guy is a famous Rock Star bored with the groupies. They're usually drug addicts, or recovering addicts and the girl they fall for is the one that heals them, or whatever. There is 100% nothing wrong with this trope. It can be enjoyable, if done the
Katia Rose
May 23, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It’s release day for ‘Your Rhythm’ and I couldn’t be more excited to share this book with the world! This is my third novel and the start of my first ever series. It’s a story that’s very close to my heart, and I hope readers have as good of a time tagging along on Matt and Kay’s whirlwind of a romance as I did while writing it.

One thing in particular that makes this book special to me is the setting. Montreal tops my list of favourite cities ever, and I loved incorporating real-life details and
Coco.V
Aug 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/31/2018)!💝

Blurb:
You know what they say: save a snare, bang a drummer.

After her first step into the world of music journalism ended with a screw-up so royal it deserved a crown, Kay’s been struggling to re-stack the building blocks of her career. Salvation comes in the form of Sherbrooke Station, the latest alt-rock craze to grace Montreal’s legendary music scene.

A front page feature on
Karen
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is an author new to me and I was drawn into the story quickly. It is set in Montreal, Canada. I am not familiar with the city but I know it's a part of Canada that is bilingual with French speaking prominent. There is French pharses used in the book but they are translated.

The story seemed real. An emerging rock band with real growing pains between blowing themselves apart and the wiles of a large controling record label they manage to navigate with the help of Kay, a jour
HoneyedPages
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Your Rhythm, more than a romance, is about dreams, what it takes to achieve them, the roadblocks along the way and how to stay true to yourself once you do.

It's about passion, loyalty, determination, fear, trust, and friendship. It's relatable and a page turner, and I especially loved the ending as well as the articles.

description

The writing is very descriptive and intelligent.
There were parts I thought were insignificant fillers but it all led up to the perfect ending and it was all worth it.

I see a lot o
Ashley
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my third book by Katia Rose and they have all been wonderful, this one no different. I really loved this take on a rock star romance and I feel like it was a refreshing take! While Matt was a rock star and definitely had the talent and musical ability, he lacked the huge bad boy trait that so many hero in this type of romance have. He was charming, talented, and all around a good person. I feel like so often authors depend on the flawed and brooding character to make a romance work, but ...more
Miranda Knight
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock-band
Matt Pearson is the drummer of an up and coming alternative rock band. The band has a large following even though they just signed with a large label Atlas Records. Matt is considered the "mother" of the band. Anything that needs to be fixed--Matt fixes it. If he can't their badass lesbian manager can. Shayla keeps all four men in line--until Atlas steps in.

Kay Fischer is a music journalist for a small rag publication--the newspaper is free. This is the only job she was able to get after a fias
Kate
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review was copied from the spoiler-free review blog, Romantically Inclined Reviews.

I was never one of those girls who fawned over musicians. In fact, I didn’t listen to music, outside of the car radio, until I was in high school. Although, I’ll admit to having a hit clip, which, for those of you who don’t remember, was a tiny clip you stuck to your belt and you could purchase these little flashdrive things that would play thirty seconds of a song. I had one clip and it played thirty second
Liz Black
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, rock-star, romance
Don't hesitate, just buy this rock-star romance

Your Rhythm - Katia Rose

When you say 'rock-star' to me, I start to smile and blush. I love rock-star fantasies, and I have read, and written, my fair share of rock-star romances. I must say that this book is of a different category altogether.

The story is about Kay Fischer, a music-journalist who has gotten into trouble for uncovering too much about the record label Atlas. She now writes for a not-so-important small newspaper who could use a break.
Patty
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read! A truly inspiring romantic story. Your Rhythm is the perfect title, as it entails of how the love music brings a couple together.

Kay Fisher was at the top of her career when Atlas Records ruined her. She has been struggling ever since. When her boss gives Kay a new assignment to interview a new rock band, Kay gets nervous. She is afraid her boss will find out the past. But her boss doesn't give her a chance to say no.

Well the interview went ok. The lead singer didn't show a
Aneeqa (ReadMatic.Book.Blog)
Your Rhythm was a huge surprise to me, to say the least, and I will be honest, it was not what I was expecting. What I thought was going to be a typical rock star romance stemming from a one night stand, this new release by Katia Rose was definitely a pleasant surprise and it completely blew me away.
Your Rhythm is the first book in the Sherbrooke Station series, following a band of four unlikely guys who are more like brothers than anything else. This particular book follows the drummer, Matt,
Sue's Romance Reviews
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kay Fischer is a journalist and writes the Arts and Culture section for the Montreal newspaper La Gare. This is not where or how she saw her journalistic dreams going but after a career crushing stunt, she will take what she can get. She also now follows 2 rules she set for herself.

1. Don’t mess with Atlas Records and
2. Never date or sleep with a source.

Matt Pearson is the drummer for Sherbrooke Station. He is sent to meet Kay Fischer when his best friend and lead singer, Ace Turner, fails to
L. Ann
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish I could give this book four stars, I really do, but the sad reality is that there were too many issues with it. I waited to review this book until I read the second book in the series just in case some of the glaring loose threads and plot holes were fixed in the sequel. Alas, they weren't. There may be spoilers below.

Random French phrases - without explanation (for those who don't speak the language) - threw me out of the story regularly.

When Kay wrote an article in the way her employer
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
Your Rhythm is the first book in the Sherbrooke Station series. It's a contemporary romance/romantic comedy, and also falls in the Rock star romance category! It was my first read by Katia Rose, and it was an entertaining and enjoyable read.

Matt and Kay were both likable and relatable main characters.
Matt- the super sexy drummer for Sherbrooke Station. He was positive, charming, sweet, and he was always going out of his way to look after his band mates, making sure everyone was alright and tak
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Katia Rose!

If you have yet to pick up a Katia Rose book, shame on you. This is the third book I’ve read of hers, and every time I fall in love with the story. Every time I am impressed. And every time, I find myself wanting to share this book with all my book friends.

First of all, I have to say that I absolutely loved that this book was set in my home city of Montreal. There’s something special about reading
Crazy_bookaholic_
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Embark with Sherbrooke Station on this beautiful and musical journey of love, laughter, music and loyalty.. A complete package of honesty, trust, hatred, fear, determination and success.

Set in beautiful Montreal, with its chill and French natives, Katia creates a warm inviting background to the novel. Its my first time reading a Katia Rose novel and I've never been so high on book hangover.
Matt Pearson, the drummer is struggling to mend the bend within the band.. A tattooed bad ass with a soft
Rock stars are not usually my romance reading jam, but I'm glad I got a chance to check out Rose's new book. Matt, the drummer for an up-and-coming rock band, is the perfect rock star book boyfriend. He's handsome and talented, tattooed and a bit wild, and he's loyal to his band brothers. As the band is perched on the edge of nationwide fame, there's drama within the group and conflict with their new label and Matt is doing all he can to keep the group together and moving forward.

What the group
Katie
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Your Rhythm (Sherbrooke Station, #1)
By Katia Rose
5 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog.

What an introduction to this author! I love rock star/music star romance stories so when I read the blurb to this I thought it sounded a little different to what I usually read in this genre and I was right. Not only did I get something a little different I got something that I absolutely fell in love with! The authors writing was great, really engaging, my interest was kept throughout an
Elizabeth
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic. MY first experience of this authors work and I am completely hooked.

Your Rhythm is a contemporary romance with a music theme. The story focuses on music journalist Kay and Indie rock band Sherbrooke Station. Kay is sent to interview the band's front man Ace Turner much to her annoyance. However Ace doesn't show up and instead the band's drummer Matt Pearson does the interview instead. Kay feels an instant connection with Matt on many levels and gradually throughout the s
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Katia Rose is not much of a Pina Colada person, but she does like getting caught in the rain. She prefers her romance served steamy with a side of smart and is a sucker for quirky characters. A habit of jetting off to distant countries means she’s rarely in one place for very long, but she calls the frigid northland that is Canada home.

Sherbrooke Station (3 books)
  • Your Echo (Sherbrooke Station, #2)
  • Your Sound (Sherbrooke Station, #3)