Start by marking “Chasing the Dead (Soul Broker #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Chasing the Dead (Soul Broker #0.5)

Chasing the Dead

(Soul Broker 0.5)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
SHORT STORY OF THE SOUL BROKER SERIES

The Reaper Hungers Like No Other.

An old enemy from the other side of afterlife management cheated him out of his last soul. Now the Reaper seeks an ordinary meal of desperation, anguish, and despair from the next human on his docket. Unfortunately, interference in the way of a meddlesome mortal woman thwarts his plan.

Naturally, this wom
ebook
Published April 17th 2018 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Chasing the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing the Dead

Montzalee Wittmann
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chasing the Dead by D.B. Sieders is a book I won from LibraryThing and the review is voluntary. It is a short prequel and when I knew it was coming I went ahead and read book one and loved it. This prequel helped me to know how it started. It was short but very good!
Tabitha Tomala
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this short story in return for an honest review. I think D.B. Seiders is a talented author, but not one for me. I would advise you to read the first Soul Broker book, Waking the Dead, before attempting to read the short story. I was extremely confused as to what was going on until I read it once again after reading the first book of the series.
I did appreciate the flipped point of view, as this short story takes place right in the beginning of book one, but I felt it was to
Kimberley
Chasing the Dead by D.B. Sieders is a book I received through LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program.

I haven't read any of the other books in this series, so I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this or not. However, this little prequel was a pleasant surprise. It's intriguing and it makes me want to read Waking the Dead.
Anne
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chasing the Dead is a prequel short story set before the main events of the Soul Broker series (Waking the Dead is vol. 1), and is told from the point of view of the Reaper, Lazarus Darkmore. It deals with his introduction to Vivian Bedford and how she catches his attention - just on the verge of Reaping a Soul.

This one caught me right at the beginning and sucked me in. Lazarus was relatable, if not particularly likable at this moment. I enjoyed it and read right through to the teaser for the fi
Sandy
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always love a good backstory. In Chasing the Dead, we witness the moment when Lazarus Darkmore discovers something different about Vivian Bedford. She isn’t a Guardian. She isn’t a Reaper. Vivian is a puzzle in need of solving.

I look forward to reading more about Lazarus, Ezra, and Vivian in the rest of the Soul Broker Series.
Mandy Parmenter
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lazarus Darkmore is a Reaper and is looking for a meal of desperation, anguish, and despair by a mortal woman called Vivian Bedford gets in the way. He is intrigued and looking forward to finding out more about her as she appears to be useful with the power of a Soul Broker.

This is a short story prequel to the Soul Broker series. It very nicely sets the scene for what is to come and having read the first two books in the series it was nice to have a bit more of the background. It was well writte
Bonnie Dale Keck
NOT kindle unlimited, one of my few ARCs these days, which is get a book for free and early to read and hopefully review, but as this is the prequel {short} to 1 and 2 of course wanted to get it.

SHORT STORY OF THE SOUL BROKER SERIES

The Reaper Hungers Like No Other.

Allyson Abu-hajar
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC in exchange for an honest review from City Owl Press.

This is a prequel to the Soul Broker series. I've read the two books, and this provides a nice little introduction to the first book in the series. It introduces Darkmore and how he encounters Vivian. He's intrigued by her, even though she interferes with his quest. Love this series!
Meagan
Apr 19, 2018
Willa Ramsey
Apr 19, 2018
D.B.
Jun 09, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kim
Jun 09, 2018
Stacy Ittersagen
May 02, 2018
I was born and raised in East Tennessee and spent a great deal of my childhood hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains and wading barefoot in creeks, chasing salamanders, fish, and frogs. We camped a lot, and we loved to tell stories while sitting around our campfire.

Those days of frog chasing sparked my interest in biology, which I pursued in college and later in graduate school. A working scientist

Soul Broker (2 books)
  • Waking the Dead (Soul Broker #1)
  • Raising the Dead (Soul Broker #2)