Start by marking “Beginnings” as Want to Read:
Beginnings

Beginnings

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Ashford Tanner.
Handsome, and with a burgeoning career in law, Ash has the world at his feet and his relentless drive and ambition are finally paying off.

But, dealing with an overbearing and demanding employer can be challenging, even for a man like Ash, especially when trying to juggle work and a relationship.

When a multi-million dollar case forces Ash and his boss to Pari
Published May 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginnings

Brandy Castenada
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beginning by J.O Mantel. I loved every minute of this book; I was attached from the first page to the very end. Author J.O Mantel did an amazing job writing this book. My heart was racing while I was reading it. The characters and their chemistry was amazing. Beginning is the story about guy named Ashford Tanner, and a girl named Gabriela Devereaux. Ash has the world at his feet and his relentless drive and ambition are finally paying off. But, dealing with an overbearing and demanding employer ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
3.5 Stars

Beginnings is a beginning to what I can only assume is a serial because it ends on a cliffhanger.

When up-and-coming lawyer Ash is pretty much forced to either go to Paris on business or be fired, his long-term girlfriend, Laura, makes the decision a lot easier for him when she dumps him. So Ash arrives in Paris unattached, and soon falls for Gabriella, the sexy waitress at the cafe he's been frequenting. And in an instalove instant, they are head over heels in love with one another. Bu
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
So many emotions - beautifully written

BEGINNINGS, book one in J.O Mantel's new series is such a change from his previous series, DARK FALKON, but don't let that dissuade you from reading this one. From the very beginning J.O will have you inexplicably drawn into the world of Ashford "Ash" Tanner, a man who is about to have his entire world turned upside down.

Ash is off to Paris, the city of love, but there are two problems: 1) he’s going for work and 2) he’s just broken up with his girlfriend.
Jennifer Pierson
Beginnings came extremely close to bringing me to my knees. See, Ash has to travel to the City of Love for work, while dealing with the ending of his longtime relationship. But fate has better things in store for him when he meets Gabriela, so his life takes a new and exciting turn. Seriously, this story was an emotional ride that just wrecked me, and yeah, I'll probably reiterate that in many different ways throughout this review, because it was that emotional for me. The utter heartbreak I fel ...more
Jenny
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
JO Mantel was a new to me author. I really liked his writing style and enjoyed the story, but I was thinking that there was a lot of story to resolve in the rapidly shrinking number of pages in the book! When I read the last page, I understood why....there's a cliffhanger!!
I guess I now have to wait to continue the story of Ash and Gabriela.
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
I hate giving such a negative review but I found the book really hard to get into if I'm being honest. Ash's boss thinks everyone is put on this planet to serve his every need including his staff having to sacrifice their home lives. In Ash's case that might have been a good thing.
Beginnings is a short OK read, ends on a cliffhanger but I don't think I'll be reading the follow-up book sadly.
N
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mais Oui

I enjoyed this book thoroughly. It is light hearted, sweet, and romantic. I didnt expect the twist at the end. Oh my, what a twist it is. Now, I can't wait to read the second book. I am recommending this book. I received this book as a gift.
mybookcraze
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2018
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This was a really quick read. Ash has a past consisting of heartbreak which ends result is constantly working. He eventually goes to Paris for a case and meets Gabriella. That's when the story gets better.
Michele Del Rey
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gabriela and Ash were so good together. I loved the chemistry and the storyline. This book had me from the beginning. This is my first book from this author and i would love to read more. Great book.
Kimberly O'connell
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know how to put into words how this book made me feel. Ash’s story of heart break work and love will take you on emotional roller coaster ride that you never want to get off of. Working on a huge case in Paris with his boss Ash is mourning the end of his long term relationship he meets the beautiful Gabriela and when they meet sparks fly and his life takes a turn he didn’t expect and he fully embraces it. As they spend time together exploring the city of Paris they have a love story ...more
HaveBooks WillSurvive