Start by marking “Criminal Intentions: The Cardigans (Season One, #1)” as Want to Read:
Criminal Intentions: The Cardigans (Season One, #1)

Criminal Intentions: The Cardigans

(Criminal Intentions, Season One #1)

Season One, Episode One

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

When a string of young queer men turn up dead in grisly murders, all signs point to the ex-boyfriend—but what should be an open-and-shut case is fraught with tension when BPD homicide detective Malcolm Khalaji joins up with a partner he never wanted. Rigid, ice-cold, and a stickler for the rules, Seong-Jae Yoon is a watchful prese
Published July 8th 2018

Nazanin
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, m-m
4 Stars

Darian’s body was found in an ally, close to a gay club. He was twenty-one-year-old, the cause of death was strangulation and his legs had been sawed. He was neither the first victim nor the last one. All the victims have the same MO. They have been strangled with the body part missing, they were all gay and all signs point to the ex-boyfriend.

Malcolm is a Sergeant Detective and works on his cases alone but this time the captain assigned him with another person, the one who outranked him
Shile
4.5 shiny crime stars

Found my new favorite police procedural series.

Na, na, na, na, na....
No more ranting!

Me! When i get disappointed by a book!

description

Proceeds to write a rant essay that is longer that the book!

description

Me! when i love a book: Ummm! Ummm!

- Love it! Really Loved it!

- The writing was good.

- The case engaging.

- The characters are so lovable.

description

Khalaji baby... We STAN you.

Book 2 i am coming for you!

description

Thank you so much lovely Shin for this gift and for kick-starting my latest addiction.
Simone
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars*** and it looks like I found myself a new addiction...

Two men. Two detectives looking into the abyss of a criminal mind on a killing spree who is leaving a trace of young gay men in their wake. Two partners against their will forming a fragile bond over their determination to stop this sick bastard once and for all and their fear to fail.

Two unique and intriguing characters who cast a spell over me from the get-go. Okay, don't get overly excited now and pop some heart-eyes: this
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This was a really good cop story with a gruesome tale that leaves you in the dark to whom the killer may be until the very end.
The two MC's are very much lone wolves who spend half the book circling each other. Neither wants a partner and are both under the impression that their pairing is temporary. But the more time goes on they and the reader can see that they work well with each other and are able to work through the case with an ease that surprises them. Their hostility turns into
Nicola
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
I know when I pick up a Cole McCade book I’m going be left satisfied and I’d go as far as saying the opener to his M/M Criminal Intentions series is his best to date. True to his writing he combines representation of marginalised groups and individuals—this series features two rather stubborn detectives in Seong-Jae Yoon; Korean-American and demisexual/grey-ACE, and Malcolm Khalaji; Persian-American, bisexual, Jewish (and a silver fox)—with a fantastic story.

description

I love a good whodunnit and am the fi
Karen
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounded up because STILL no 1/2 stars here on GR

Sometimes stepping outside of the box can be murder...

While I love a good mystery or thriller...I'll be the first to admit when it comes to murder and especially if it's of a more graphic nature, I'm usually one of the first ones to shy away...so having said that I am more than a little glad that I didn't do that in this case.

While 'Criminal Intentions' isn't quite what I would normally choose to read it wasn't wildly outside of the box
~Volha~
I certainly loved this book and true to author's word this story did feel like a TV Criminal Drama something akin to Law & Order: SVU but darker, more violent and with no personal drama or relationships. This is not a romance. There is no mention of feelings, well, except hatred and disdain at the beginning changing to grudging respect and some trust. Oh and hot as f....k scorching kiss at the end of it! *flushing furiously*

This story is about a string of gruesome murders in LGBT community a
Truuss
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, m-m
I have to confess subject crime is not a first on my top-list to read but my experience with this author’s writing is good so I just want to read... I was not disappointed!

Intriguing story, young queer people are found murdered and homicide detective Malcolm Khalaji is on top of it. He gets help from a new temporary partner Seong-Jae Yoon... this al against Khalaji’s will. There is a lot of hostility between the two men, and they need each other to solve a crime in this deadly course.

Without giv
Christine
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Chris
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
3.5 stars - this took me a while to get into ... maybe the writing style, the stand offish characters or just timing ? Once I got into the flow I understood the clever process and started enjoying this. I think this might be a series you need to read to truly comprehend the two MCs
haletostilinski
Wow. This was amazing.

We only get the littlest bit with Malcolm and Seong-Jae, but like the description says, these books are like tv episodes - and only about 2 days take place over the course of this book, as it would in serial crime drama tv show like Law & Order.

Although this was...messed up and dark. It was tough to read at times - the horror of these murders were particularly gruesome, and seeing our MC's have to deal with it, and the escalating occurrence of the murders and the risi
Aleksandra
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-releases

Criminal Intentions: The Cardigans is the first book in a series about two Baltimore detective in homicide department. In this novel Malcolm Khalaji meets Seong-Jae Yoon, who has just transferred to Baltimore from LAPD. The detective have to solve rapidly escalating case of murdered queer teens and manage to work with each other, their personalities clashing in the best way possible.

Many of my goodreads pals love the series and I had high expectations going into the book.
The expectation
Nazanin ex-Profile
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this sort of introduction to Seong-Jae Yoon and Malcolm Khalaji. Both characters already seem to have a lot of depth and I'm actually looking forward to knowing what the deal is with all those unanswered questions.
I can totally picture Yoon, but I have to check Pinterest for Khalaji inspiration. 🤔🤔
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. It seems I have a new favorite law enforcement partnership. Damn good thing I bought them all, LOL.

The crime and investigation were well done and gripping and that was enough to make it ok that there's no romance *yet*. But the chemistry between these two is snapping, making me so many promises for later, and I am here for that.

Loving the second one already. This is a new author for me but when this series is done (if it lives up to it's promise) I'll be looking for more Cole McCade
rowenalovelace
I had to give this five 🌟
I have been almost only reading mystery m/m books for the last month, this book feels real. It might have to do with it written in slow pace because author planned it to be 13 books in a season, which means we will have good enough time to spend with our detectives. Even so, I like how it is written like with a novel finality so that you don't feel what you read is unfinished. You just simply crave more.
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
True rating ... 4.25 wonderfully written stars :-)!!!

Alrighty, so I've searched far and wide, and have found my Seong-Jae Yoon & Malcolm Khalaji <333!!! Seriously, I put quite a bit of time searching for my perfect men AND the perfect pictures :-D!!! I think this model and this actor both absolutely epitomize these MCs :-D to an uber T :-D!! The actor I've chosen to portray Khalaji is Italian, but that makes him Mediterranean, so he qualifies - HA!! I mean seriously, he LOOKS LIKE KHALAJI
Claude
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detective Yoon:

His way of talking. Jesus. I love him.

Detective Khalaji

I'm so curious about him. And he's HOT.

HTF this two are going to end together? I'm so excited!

The investigation part is really really interesting and look so real most of the time. I was so curious about the murderer (it's rare for me haha). The interrogations, the researches: I love it. It's so rare to find an M/M romance with good investigation which is not relegated to the background.

The attraction between these two: FIR
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full RTC.

Wow, wow, what a ride. I loved every minute I spent on this book & its thrilling content.

You definitely should read the CW and TW, ask yourself if you're capable to endure it.
It was heavy stuff but the way Cole McCade executed it totally captured you.
Not just the crime case but the interaction between Malcolm Khalaji and Seong-Jae Yoon.
5 out of 5 stars.
Bev
A really good start to this serialised murder mystery from Cole, this particular episode being quite grisly and gruesome 😲, and the next one of which CRIMINAL INTENTIONS: Junk Shop Blues: Season One, Episode Two comes out on the 8th August. 4.25 stars from me.

Just so we are clear, there is NO romance in this story...yet [she says hopefully]. There is huge potential mind you, as both MC's [Baltimore police detective Malcolm and import from LA Seong-Jae] are circling around each other, and even th
I~❤️~Books
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
✮4 Stars✮
Ariana
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ariana by: Simone
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
*4,5 stars*

Yes, it really is as good as the reviews say!
Thank you, Simone and Shile, for not giving up to nudge me all the way to this point! 😅

I loved it.

Of course this is very much a beginning.
If you don't know already: this is the first of 36 (planned) episodes dealing with this world and the two main characters: Malcolm Khalaji and Seong-Jae Yoon, both detectives with the Baltimore PD.
These episodes are shorter than your average book, but boy, does the author know how to pack TONS of goodies
Annie
I used to exclusively read mysteries and forensic crime fiction, so I always am excited when those genres are woven into romances. Better yet when a favorite author is the one offering it up. Naturally, that meant I was stoked to see Mr. McCade was starting a new series that would follow two Baltimore detectives. Criminal Intentions is a different sort of law enforcement romance in that it’s organized as “seasons” and episodes, not unlike a police procedural television drama. What that means for ...more
JR
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my oh my, I just picked this up because of my love of the mystery and crime genre. What an unexpected surprise.
Two policemen, from completely different worlds, are put together in the Baltimore PD. East meets west(well sort of West), in a clash of personalities, backgrounds, which results in general mayhem and ruffled feathers. In short, it's amazing.
The characters and supporting cast, will not be denied or regulated to any pidgin hole. It has quickly graduated to all time favorite statu
xxkitsunexx
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
first for this author i found it really slow to begin with then picks up at about 80% of the book like most series the 1st book takes time i just wish the author would stop throwing the native language of the main characters Malom and Seong-jea without translating it to english not everyone can speak persian or Korea so when they speak some times you don't know what there say :-( if nothing else i am persistent and books are free with kindle unlimited so i am going to try book 2 and hope it get ...more
Ooh, I liked this! super excited to read the next book!
Tarah
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favies
I think most people have those authors where you’ll buy anything they publish, right? Authors that never let you down because their words and characters are brilliant.

Cole McCade is one of those authors for me. Here’s the thing, however… Criminal Intentions? Blew my mind. I already knew I was going to love it. I had no reason to believe otherwise. My expectations were quite high going in. Yet still, the first episode of this series is by far my most favorite thing Cole McCade has done.

Blew. My
Natalie
Thank goodness for social media or I might have missed out on this author! This was a stunningly good thriller, with enough police procedural flavor for my taste but focusing on the action and characters of the detectives. Malcolm Khalaji is thrown together with Seong-Jae Yoon, who is new to the department but senior in rank, when a young gay man is found brutally murdered. They also catch the case since both men are queer, which smacks of discrimination but has them invested in solving it. Thei ...more
Terri Jones
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: special-ones
What an amazing start to a series! It's made all the deeper, more poignant and heart-rending by the author's Afterword. Don't skip that or the Content Warning at the beginning. Malcolm and Seong-Jae strike sparks off each other and cannot acknowledge anything but annoyance.

And then, there is this plot. Holy crap.

Sometimes, crime stories wrap up too quickly and easily for my satisfaction, but this one is so terrifyingly timed that I still haven't relaxed as I type, minutes after I finished readi
cynthisizing
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the excellent, diverse m/m thriller you’ve been waiting for, trust me. I was wrapped up in it from the first page and guessing until the end. The writing was beautiful and perfect. As someone who loves Baltimore, I’m always so joyful (but wary) when it’s the setting of a novel but this was perfect. The streets DO shine with with orange liquid gold at night. Perfection.

The chemistry between the MCs has me so excited for book 2. I’m invested in them as people and them as a partnership. I
Nicole
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanna give it 5 stars but I won't. Though I really liked it!

Finished it in one sitting! I really like how Cole McCade describes things and emotions. I also kinda guessed who the killer could be xD

The characters are both so interesting, we still don't know a lot about them and I am so interested in learning more about Seong-Jae Yoon because omg the ending! What is going on? I seriously can't wait for the next one!
  • Sunset Lake
  • Splintered  (Splintered #1)
  • Saved
  • Bitter Legacy
  • Long Shadows (Common Law, #1)
  • Southernmost Murder
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • Vanished 2 (Vanished #2)
  • Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)
  • Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)
  • Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Death Dancer (Dangerous Dancers, #2)
  • Murder and Mayhem (Murder and Mayhem, #1)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions, Season One (9 books)
  • Criminal Intentions: Junk Shop Blues (Season One, #2)
  • Criminal Intentions: The Man with the Glass Eye (Season One, #3)
  • Criminal Intentions: Changing Faces (Season One #4)
  • Criminal Intentions: It's Witchcraft (Season One #5)
  • Criminal Intentions: Where There’s Smoke (Season One #6)
  • Criminal Intentions: Cult of Personality (Season One, #7)
  • Criminal Intentions: Collateral Damage (Season One, Episode #8)
  • Criminal Intentions: A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions, Season One #9)
“He was a single captured moment, a stillness amidst the chaos and noise, a dark ghost in the world of the living. Monochrome in his paleness and dark clothing, standing poised as if the crow would take flight—or the spirit would fade away, as dead as the boy lying blank and empty on the pavement.” 1 likes