Start by marking “For Emery (For You, #4)” as Want to Read:
For Emery (For You, #4)

For Emery

(For You #4)

A STANDALONE New Adult Sports Romance in the For You series. Each book follows a new couple.

Emery
I’ve loved Jordan Grady since I was eight.
Since he became my protector.
Since he became my safe haven each night.
But I was younger.
Off limits...
Until high school when he finally kissed me.
And for a few fleeting moments, everything was right in the world.
Then I was forced to
Published February 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about For Emery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Emery

Start your review of For Emery (For You, #4)
Dali
In the fourth book of the For You series, J. Nathan grows her college sports world with the tale of Alabama’s star right tackle Jordan Grady and the girl who took his heart and disappeared without a trace.

Emery and Jordan met when they were kids. Jordan became her escape, her safe place from her abusive stepfather. As they grew up they forged a friendship that might have been more with time, but the night Jordan kissed Emery she left him without a word.

The pain of her abandonment turned Jord
The Book Bee
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"I think down deep, even when I couldn't have you, I wanted you."

I'm still smiling!! Totally smiling, because this is the kind of book I love to jump into in between heavier reads, and knowing I have a great story with a guarantee of a goofy grin coming my way makes it that much better. I first read J Nathan back in February 2017 and knew immediately that I needed to follow this series. I enjoyed her writing style and stories a lot, and the best part of this series is that th
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it

“Be good to her.”
“You know I will.”

We’ve adored each book in the For You Series by J Nathan. They’re stories of love and friendship and growth, and in each book, we witness the characters grow and find love, and in the case of For Emery, we discover a sweet friend to lover’s romance. Each book in the series focuses on a different couple and can be read as standalone’s although characters from other books do make appearances throughout each book.

Emery Pruitt and Jordan ‘Grady’ Grady were neig
ARC received for review

4.5 stars (I hate Bama)

It's so nice to see Grady as a person and not a prick. He's loved Emery since they were kids, but she left without a word. Now she starts college, and he's a jerk. He overcomes his jerky-ness, and they get their HEA. I love how their journey is different from the previous couples,plus how the previous peeps come to his rescue. I hope there's another book planned for Flip.
Tracy  C
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emery and Jordan's story is so heart warming! I liked how J. Nathan gave us a glimpse of their shared past so we have a clear understanding of how the relationship history helped shape their present. Their friendship was so strong and what happened was very bittersweet.
We flash forward a handful of years where Emery and Jordan meet again. Jordan is flabbergasted and doesn't in the best manner. I thought that quite a bit of this book was from his point of view, and yet I still didn't feel like I
Anne OK
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, 2019-arcs
I am enjoying this series so much. There's been enough variety in the couples and the sports involved to keep my attention. Fun stories but each with their own message that carries a lesson of importance.

I think Grady and Emery have been my top favorite so far. I loved their childhood friendship and then their second chance after a six year separation. Football always takes first place in my love of sports-related romance and Grady made it one of the best I've read. The big old guy stole my hea
Caitlin Audet
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

For Emery by J. Nathan is the fourth book the in sports romance For You series. I like this is a standalone since this is the first I've heard of these books and also my first for the author as well. A strong friendship, first love, and first heartbreak, I like how this story got straight to the point without skipping any major details. Emery and Jordan met under some sad circumstances but without that it's possible they wouldn't have become so
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Was that what love felt like? Because I was pretty certain, since I was eight years old, I'd loved Jordan Grady. He was the boy who saved me. The one who protected me. The one who made my darkest days bright."

I've loved all the books in the For You series, but this one is extra special. It touches on a tough topic and did an excellent job of pulling my heartstrings from beginning to end. I especially loved the close connection that Jordan and Emery developed at a very young age that all
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
For Emery was another J. Nathan winner that was filled with swoons galore. Jordan and Emery were just adorable together as their love story was a long time coming. I adore friends to lovers romances as they provide all the heartwarming feels that hit the spot. Jordan and Emery were the perfect combination of sweet and sexy and their story was a great addition to the series!

Emery Pruit and Jordan Grant were childhood bestfriends and neighbors. But just when their friendship and developing feeling
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Emery met the boy she was going to marry when she was 8 years old, and as they grew up, they only got closer. Their lives intertwined and then, when she was 14, Emery left, and Jonathon Grady was not the same person after losing his best friend. Jonathon Grady has 2 things on his mind, girls and football, when his best friend packed up and left him when he was in high school. When she walked back into his life, it felt like they couldn’t go back to where they were.

Football, a friends to lovers/
Aly
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
This is my favorite book of the series! I love childhood friends to lovers stories and this was well written. Grady was a good guy who got a little lost after his best friend left without a word 4 years ago. I liked that he got in shape on his own and was able to become a leader who helped his team and made his future better. Emery has spent the last 4 years hiding from an abusive stepdad and is ready to be back in Grady's life. Thei
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ebooks, arc-beta
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you J. Nathan and Netgalley!

For Emery
is the fourth book in the For You series and tells the story of Emery and Grady. Even though this is the fourth book in the series, For Emery can be read as a standalone.

For Emery is the first book I’ve read by J. Nathan and I really liked it. When I read the synopsis of this book, I was really intrigued by the story and the characters. I wanted to k
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

“Be good to her.”
“You know I will.”

Emery Pruitt and Jordan ‘Grady’ Grady were neig
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
This was my first book by J. Nathan. Though I have two of her books in paperback thanks to an author signing, time has gotten away from letting me read them. But now that I’ve read Grady and Emery’s story, you best believe I’ll be going back and getting to the other two books I have!

Emery and Grady were childhood best friends torn apart when Emery was forced to escape the only life she knew to protect herself, and her mother. But fate was never to be denied, and once college hit, Emery and Grady
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
It’s not often you find a second chance romance targeted to the new adult audience so this was a wonderful treat. I adore when childhood friends realize they’re in love with each other. This story had the added angst of Emery disappearing for 4 years. On top of all that, Jordan plays football and well football players make great book boyfriends. The author did a wonderful job of weaving the very complicated and scary topic of domestic violence through a sweet feel good story.

However, on a less
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Star! This was a cute best friends to lover romance. Emery and Jordan knew each other from they were kids 8 and 11, Emery moved away unexpectedly and now they are both in college at Alabama,19 an 21, she has a lot to explain. It was a good story, there were some cliche moments and Flip pissed me off, he got off too easily. Overall 3.5
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!
Emery and Grady' found love at a young age. Circumstances tore them apart. Now in college, they end up seeing each other again. Everything falls back into place, except the one thing that kept them apart. This was a cute second romance book with a dark secret.
Bunny  Piamonte Bañes
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH WOW!!! What a way to start my 2019 read! This book is SUPER AMAZING!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! Yep, it definitely belongs in my top favorites list of all time. I know it's such a cliche to say this but I was literally hooked from the moment I started reading. Jen really knew how to capture my attention, had me glued to the book and never wanted to let it go. I just had to read it over again after reading the last page coz I couldn't seem to get enough of this book. I fell madly in l ...more
Sassy Southern
4.5 Stars

When Jordan Grady was 11 years old he met his next door neighbor, 8 year old Emery Pruitt when she snuck into his bedroom to get away from her mom and step-dad fighting. The two end up forming an incredible bond and become the best of friends despite their age difference.
Then when Jordan is 17 he shares a brief kiss with Emery and then she and her mom disappear in the middle of the night and Jordan doesn’t hear from her again.
When Jordan is attending college at 21 years he sees Emery a
Antonella's book world
5 CUTE STARS

YOU CAN ALSO FIND THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG https://antonellasbookworld.blogspot....

Cuteness overload.
This is a best friends to lovers story and this might as well explain my rate.
I'm a sucker of those type of books. This one wasn't different.
Jordan Grady and Emery Larson (Pruitt at the beginning) became best friends when Emery snuck in Jordan's bedroom an evening when she was 8 and Jordan was 11.
6 years after that day, Jordan and Emery share their first kiss and that same night Eme
Peggy M
I was given a copy of this book by the New Adult Book Club and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

‘For Emery’ is the fourth book in the ‘For you’ series. Do you have to read the previous books to read this one? Not really BUT I do think that you will miss something if you don’t. Because Grady’s character is also present in those stories. After reading the previous stories, I was really curious about Grady’s story. Because let’s be honest, Grady’s character in those books isn’t really li
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I absolutely adore the For You series, and For Emery is another amazing addition to the series that I devoured. For Emery has best friends to lovers, it has secrets, it has angst, it has banter, and it has characters that you will fall in love with. It also deals with domestic violence and that adds an added heaviness to the book.

Emery and Jordan aka Grady, have a connection that started years before and only gre
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I want to say that I am kicking myself in the arse for not reading this series. I don't know why I never heard of this series before because it is amazing. I only read one book and the secondary characters were fabulous! I loved everything about them and I am going to go back and read the series from the beginning.

This is Emery and Jordan's story and wowzer what a story it is. Jordan has always protected Emery from a young age. Emery has had a crush on Jordan for forever but she knows he o
Andrea Britton
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Swoony Stars!!

This book was phenomenal. This is a book about overcoming domestic violence and having a second chance with the one you love the most. This. Ok is filled with so many emotions. You will laugh, cry, and swoon.

Jordan Grady has always loved football. Ever since he was in pee-wee football he knew he was going to play for Alabama when the time came.

Emery was Jordan’s next door neighbor since she was 8 yes old. Jordan’s bed was her escape from her abusive step-father. Jordan and E
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For Emery is book four int he For You series. It can but read as a standalone but if you read previous ones you have meet Jordan Grady already. I love Grady. He's sexy, broody and grumpy but deep down he's a nice guy. Grady and Emery knew each others as kids but circumstances split them apart. They are both in college now and their paths cross. Even though the first time they see each other again didn't goes how they dreamed, I was excited to see where they went from there. Emery has been throug ...more
Bibliojunkies
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
* * * 1/2

Whenever I've read one of J. Nathan's books I've always enjoyed it. I see her as including just enough angst without being too overwhelming which is just the right combination for me.

For Emery is a story about the ultimate kind of friendship that's forged from the earliest and most influential years in a young child's life. Grady first meets Emery when her family moves in next door. Unfortunately, Emery's family life is a mess and she finds solace in hanging out in Grady's bedroom. He m
Rochelle
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
J. Nathan did it again. This was a really good book. I am really enjoying this series. I have read them all but the first one and you don’t need to read them all to enjoy each story.

This story has two of my favorite tropes: friends to lovers and second chance romance. I am glad that I was able to enjoy and savor the story of Jordan and Emery. They have known each other since they were kids and because of what was going on in Emery’s life, she had to leave without telling Jordan why. This change
Karen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jordan Grady had to be the least likable guy carried forward from the others in the series. You often wonder why they are such jerks. You wonder if they are redeemable. What made them that way?!!

Well, Grady ( his nickname at school) does have a background of compassion. Our story starts with true compassion. I don't like the chapter "years go by" method of telling a story (my opinion) but to the author showing us how long...

And not by any fault of her own she disappears.

When they see each other
Inga Lady Of Bookland
First, I have to mention that For Emery by J. Nathan was kindly provided by author via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. So I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

For Emery by J. Nathan was a sweet and wonderful new adult second chance friends-to-lovers sports romance.

What else can I say? I loved it. I enjoyed it. And I felt it all. This story did look at some important themes, like domestic abuse, which made it deeper and
Lorie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

I looooooooooooooved the beginning. But after that, I was expecting so much more. The feeling I got at the beginning didn't follow through to the end.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Breakup Plan
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • In the Pocket (Virginia Valley University #1)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Heartless
  • Going Deep (Imperfect Love #2)
  • Remedy
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Claimed
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Fighting With Faith (Fighting, #2)
  • The Pickup (Imperfect Love #1)
  • Fair Catch (Virginia Valley University #2)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Filthy Seduction: Ravenhead Series #3
  • The Years After (Sister Series, #5)
  • All the Little Lies: A High School Bully Romance
  • Don't Go Back (Newland #5)
J. Nathan is the author of new adult, sports, and rock star romances with cocky heroes and sassy heroines. When she's not writing, she's a total romance junkie! Add an alpha male who's unlikable in the beginning...even better. She loves watermelon margaritas, guys in backward hats, country music, the summertime, and her amazing family and friends.

Readers Group: bit.ly/JNathanReaderGroup
Author Page

For You (4 books)
  • For Finlay (For You, #1)
  • For Forester