Start by marking “Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)” as Want to Read:
Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)

Runes of Truth

(A Demon's Fall #1)

Thief. Runaway. Assassin. What happens when your rumoured name destroys your life? When the very runes engraved on your skin since birth, are a death sentence?

Evie doesn't remember a life before she was on the streets, a life before thieving to live and killing to stay alive.
When a royal family she didn't know anything about go missing, Evie finds herself thrown into
Published April 9th 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Runes of Truth, please sign up.

Start your review of Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Holy crap on a cracker!!!!! I freaking loved this book! Thank God for my book group challenges or I never would have found this gem!!

First let’s take a look at this absolutely gorgeous cover!!

"For a woman people fear, you are the kindest woman I’ve met in years," he says

Evie is bad assed! She’s a killer of things for reasons. She has a young girl she watches over for reasons. Some jerks capture said girl. Some of them turn out to not be jerks. They have to venture into hell with Evie’s ex
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
This has some major issues. I don't even want to start discussing this magnificently logic-free novel, since I literally am out of ideas on most of what was supposed to have happened in here.

Weird stuff just happens, without making much sense. It's like THIS most of the time:
Q:
“Angels do not die in hell. We never have. We become the light,” he says like that should explain everything, but it doesn’t explain a thing.
“I died in hell . . . this doesn’t make any sense,” I shake my head, and he
Khurram
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Protector

A great book. I loved almost everything about it from the cover to the main characters a complete bad a$$.

The only thing that gave ma a pause of giving this 5 stars was the ending. It felt a bit too rushed. I was weighting whether the abrupt ness of the ending Vs the revelations, how much I enjoyed the book so far, and do I instantly want to read the next book? The answer being yes to the last three made the choice for me.

Evie has been hunted her whole life, but early on she made
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 4 stars

I used to not enjoy much Bailey's books but her last two series are seriously good. I am so glad I didn't put her work aside and gave it a try.

Runes of Truth was a really nice read. Sure, it was predictable and stuff like that but it was very enjoyable and I really liked the heroine.

PROS:
- Evie is an awesome character, she has dark blue hair and that's hot and she is stronger than the guys. And I like that A LOT ;
- I like the writing, it's fluid and perfect to read the book in
Lia
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I don't know what I just read???
I mean, the plot was okay, I guess, and the cover is super super pretty, but the writing....
I don't know if it's just me, I don't know if it's because I'm not a native English speaker, I don't know if it's because maybe something went wrong when this book was proof-read (was it even proof-read, by the way?), but I found myself really put off by the writing in this book.
Grammatically speaking it just sounds weird and it lacks all sorts of musicality/smoothness
Denisa
4.5
So much better than I expected!

This one was fun fun fun! I really liked this chick (and all her 'boys').

Like in any decent UF, we have a kick-ass heroine who is awesome and fights the bad guys. What's different here? Well, the world we get thrown into.
We have angels and demons (don't roll your eyes, these are the fun kind of angels and demons), we have friends and enemies, we have a fun story and a really awesome beginning of a series.

Only thing you might need to be warned about is the
C.S.
Apr 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish

I think there is an interesting story buried in here somewhere. However the writing style is juvenile. I don't find any of the characters well defined or even likable. The contractions in the storyline are all over.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
You!

I remember reading this book and having one "wtf" moment after the other. I was so pissed I scribbled a page full of things I hated, I had forgotten about posting it because I forgot the name of the book and I'm too lazy to look it up on KU so I gave up. Somehow I stumble upon it again and I've searched every where for my note and I can't find it so...

Long story short, I did not like it. Giving it 2 stars because I don't know if there was a pro somewhere on that list, so just to be safe.
Jessy's 🌘escape from reality🌒
This book was good. I don't know why I allow reviews to sway me away from reading it before. I've tossed it aside several times thinking it would suck, I was wrong.
I liked the heroine, she was strong, independent, and well developed. Maybe it's me but I enjoy very slow burn romances. I liked the men and can't wait to read the next book.
Alaina
Runes of Truth was pretty good for a reverse harem. I feel like it's been ages since I dove into one of those books. Even though it was highly predictable it did end up being a nice, quick, and easy read. Especially with the week I had - I definitely needed this.

Evie is a pretty awesome character and easy to like. Whether she's rocking her blue hair or being stronger than the guys.. she was just different and again, likeable. She also doesn't take shit from anyone and I absolutely loved this.
Jeanny
May 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
I wasn’t a fan of the writing. Think this may be YA.
Runningrabbit
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
KU

This is a good tale, if an imperfectly written one. This makes my grading somewhere between 2.5 - 3. The story planning isn’t bad, but much of the sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. This said, I still plan to try the next book to see what happens with the storyline.
Natalia
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 STARS!

RH book that i don't like, just got sucker punched again but still read it!
The story is entertaining but a little predictable... ends abruptly...

maybe will read the next!
Mac
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mac by: Marguerite (M)
Loved it!
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
TBR 2019 Challenge: 834 more books to go!
After reading two high rating books this past Monday I was concerned with what I was going to read next. Going through my TBR, I spotted G. Bailey and just decide to go with one of her books.

I didn’t read the blurb to this, I just dove in.

Evie has been hunted most of her life. She is known as the deadly assassin for the body count that has added up. Now the people who want her dead, need her help. With the help of three Protectors and her demon ex
Calm Your Pits
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously!?! I don’t even know where to begin! Evie is my spirit animal. She takes no grief from anyone and will do anything for her chosen family. She flirts and fights with the guys like they belong together right from the get go. And don’t even get me started on the names that I didn’t even notice UNTIL THE VERY END!
soph
Aug 25, 2019 added it
have literally no memory of reading this book.... ill need to re read before a review
Arec Rain
May 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this novel. It had potential. Unfortunately, there were certain things that annoyed me enough to ruin the novel overall.

Recently, I have been seriously into reverse harem romance. Good ones seem difficult to find, however. Runes of Truth seemed to have promise but was riddled with problems.

Evie is a strong female lead, though at times she acts immature for her age. The writing overall felt directed at a younger audience than it should. There was little if any world
Margaux Espinosa
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Good story that keeps you wanting more

I was originally reading this for an online book club and was slightly apprehensive about it, the whole genre/sub genre or whatever just seemed a bit overdone to me. But once I started I sped through it and loved every second! It was fast paced, action filled, had characters with varied personalities that I enjoyed and a the ending was surprising! The whole thing left me wanting the next book, G. Bailey (Cause I know all you authors eagerly read all your
Jessica Robbins
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
Amazing

Best world building ever!! Meet Evie an assassin who only became one out of necessity after being hunted her whole life. Things are fine until those in charge capture her to make her do them a favor. What follows is one incredible adventure as we get it know her and the group she has to travel with along several twists and turns only to hit one doozy of an ending. It was mind blowing to say the least. If you love incredible fantasy novels then you should do read this one. I loved it so I
SJ
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a great start to a new trilogy! Evie is tough, smart and sassy, She is known as an assassin and she does not like many people. Forced to go into hell to rescue someone she meets 3 protectors and her life will never be the same again

Exciting from the start with a strong heroine, this story had twists and turns excitement and drama and was a fabulous read, looking forward to book two
Princess J. Antoinette
WOW!!! An unexpected treasure I found just browsing through Good Reads!!!

Thanks "Book Angels"!!

Overall rating:
5*~ A Very Good Read
angela
Apr 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF - The writing is reminiscent of fanfictions; not the good ones but the ones written by very young teenagers who have yet to master their writing style and how to create a good story. I seem to have picked up a book with large following (people who are fans of this author and are willing to read anything she writes). Most of the 5 star reviews are from people who seem to enjoy this style of writing, and if that is the case - if this book is a taste of what this author is capable of - I will ...more
Michelle Fritz PA
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Heavenly Stars This is by far my favourite book by Ms. Bailey! I didn't think that I could love another series more then Her Guardians, but Evie totally stole my heart!! This is absolutely a unique and memorable story. The plot is addictive.... this is so hard to put down! Evie is totally the chick you want to save the day and watch her dreams and see her grab her happily ever after The guys are dreamy and insanely fleshed out! I love their differing personalities and the fact that they ...more
Sakina Carter
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think G. Bailey is the perfect example of an author getting better with experience.

I love Evie. I have no opinion about the guys yet as their characters wasn't really explored, but from what I can see about them, I know I will adore them.

I will say that the story line is a bit predictable. I had a guess as to who she was and that the princess was not an innocent in this story.

I am looking forward to see how this series plays out.
arini
May 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
eww... this was my first time reading a reverse harem story. it was mmm... okay, but it also left me with a really strange feeling. maybe because i'd never read this type of story before. and now that i did, i have to say that i'm not really into it. even the paranormal elements did so very little to keep me invested in the story. so, i'm sorry book. you and i are not going to be a thing. goodbye.

(1.5)
Siri
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,7 rating*
Damn this was a great read, i think this is my fave book by G bailey.
I liked Evie , the MC she was chill but fierce at the same time. And well i liked the guys, but i feel like i don't know a lot bout them. So i look forward to the next one, when we will hopefully get to now them better :)
Marianne
I like the story up until the point where they/everything went to Hell- literally.
Coco.V
Oct 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/4/18)!
Evie has been hunted since her birth. While she is a Protector, there is something about her rune name that makes all the other Protectors fear her and want to kill her. She has become an assassin to survive. A group of Protectors kidnaps her friend as collateral to entice her into a dangerous job - retrieve 3 royal princesses that have been kidnapped and taken to the bottom layer of Hell. She takes on the mission accompanied by 3 Protectors and a demon that she has a troubled past with.

Yeah
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Shadow Kissed (The Witch's Rebels, #1)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • An Assassin's Death (The Huntress #1)
  • Marked by Destruction (The Marked, #3)
  • Taming (To Tame a Shifter #1)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
  • Hidden in Smoke (Phoenix Rising #2)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Darkness Bound (The Witch's Rebels, #2)
  • A Life Of Shadows (The Redemption Saga, #1)
  • Marked By Pain (The Marked, #2)
  • A Heart of Shame (The Redemption Saga, #2)
  • Claimed by Gods (Their Dark Valkyrie #1)
  • An Assassin's Deception (The Huntress #2)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Claiming (To Tame a Shifter #2)
  • The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • A Dance With Darkness (Otherworld Academy, #1)
G. Bailey is a USA Today bestselling author of books that are filled with everything from dragons to pirates. Plus, fantasy worlds and breath-taking adventures. Oh, and some swoon-worthy men that no girl could forget. G. Bailey is from the very rainy U.K. where she lives with her husband, two children and three cheeky dogs. And, of course, the characters in her head that never really leave her, ...more

A Demon's Fall (4 books)
  • Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)
  • Runes of Black Magic (A Demon's Fall, #3)
  • Runes of Royalty (A Demon's Fall #4)
“I will count to ten. When I get to five, I will stab you, and if you still don’t run away by the time I get to ten . . . I will be chopping other parts off,” I purposely look at where I’m thinking of chopping as I spin the daggers in my hands.” 2 likes
“For all the people that live in books. For all those that live in worlds only made up by dreams and words.” 0 likes