Start by marking “Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)” as Want to Read:
Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)

Runes of Mortality

(A Demon's Fall #2)

Death should have been the end, but instead, it’s the start of my revenge... and they won’t see me coming.

Evie survived a trip to hell, literally, to find herself somewhere even more dangerous, with the angels. Angels who do not want to let her leave, not without a paying a price for the life they saved.

Angels. Demons. Protectors and more secrets than one world should hold. W
Published July 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Runes of Mortality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runes of Mortality

Start your review of Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)
Denisa
3.5 I like this series

So, maybe this book wasn't as good as the previous one.
So, maybe this book had a gigantic cliffhanger.
So, maybe some things weren't perfect.

But it's still a fun series, although it might be a good idea to have all the books handy once you start reading it. What if you like it and want to continue but can't? It's an awful feeling

It's the kind of UF series
Alaina
...ha ha.. totally forgot about this series.

Runes of Mortality was an okay book. I feel like it did suffer the whole second book syndrome that some series tend to deal with. In it, you will still meet Evie. She just woke up from being stabbed, ouch, and is in a while realm. No biggie - right?

The one thing that I did like about this book was getting to know more about her. Not just hers but the guys as well. It was an interesting route to take, a bit boring as well, but enjoyable. This book was ok
Khurram
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The rise

I really enjoyed thus book it was a bit slower then the last book and more of a setup for things to come, but I enjoyed it all the way through.

The book gives more of an insight into a couple of the characters that did not get as much time in the last book. Though this is still Evie's story she goes not just take centre stage but demands it.

There are plenty of revelations about Evie's past and her destinies. Yes like most things she has more then one.

A
Natalie Waters
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it

I hate to say it, I really do but I was really disappointed in this book. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t blow me away great either and I had really high hopes for this book after Runes of Truth.

I still loved the characters, especially Evie and her boys and I am still looking forward to where the story is heading. Hopefully somewhere great and not a giant middle finger. (You guys know what I am talking about!)
Camila
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
WHY WHY WHY. I just finished this book on an airplane ride and I can’t download more books. At least I finished this one. I’m writing this review in my notes so I don’t forget the goodness I just read.

Q U I C K read, this one.

Hell yes, it’s still good.
Loving the guys perspectives. This is a first. Team Azi.
All I’m saying is this story just keeps getting better.

Honestly, very surprised to see this author co-wrote the Marked series because that series was a fucking mess.
*horrible flashbac
Evie wakes up from her stabbing in a strange realm that is all white. She learns she is half-angel and who her father is - yay! With the help of Azi, she escapes the realm to return to Earth and begin to claim her birthright. Revenge on her sister will just be a bonus. Oh! And as she prepares herself, she might make out with the guys a little.

Yeah, ok. I like Evie and I like the group of guys she has surrounded herself with, and I even want to know how the story will progress in the next book.
Sakina Carter
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this series more than I thought that I would.

In this book we find out who Evie's dad is and she claims her birth right as princess of the Protectors. This book is typical of most RH's series with the secret pack not to touch Evie, although this pack is a little different because almost all of the guys have admitted that they want Evie with the exception of the one typical asshole of the group.

I can't wait to read about the test and see Evie destroy Erica.

Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
TBR 2019 Challenge: 834 books (On stand still till series end)
Spoilers if you have not read book 1.

Evie found out that she is half angel. She also found out that she is a royal. The reason behind her being hunted all her life was her sister Erica who acts sweet but is really evil.

In this book, the guys get more POV time then the last book. We even get a POV of Erica. So far I am in love with Azi. Trex is a normal in denial G. Bailey male. There is always one of thes
Megan
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic second book. Evie has always been her own person but I think in this book she is starting to accept that she needs the men and I like seeing that side of her. It's fine being a tough chick but you have to balance it out somehow. Otherwise you are just kind of a *itch. We also get more of the men's POV. YAY for that!
Calm Your Pits
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great continuation of Evie’s story. I am so glad we learned more about her and the guys’ back stories. Trex really needs to get his head out of his ass and tell the truth and they all need to talk to Evie about the relationship idea.
Linda Levine
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Action Continues

The second book in the series continues right where the first left off. She discovers the truth of her past and risks everything to claim what is hers. I love the interactions between her and the men who want to belong to her.
Tangled N Books
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evie is discovering who she is, her parents, and the secrets of her birth. On top of learning the truth of her past, she is also now The Salvatore, the demons' savior. Will she be the one who will forge the peace among all the races?
Siri
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5*
Great story, it kept my interest all the time. Even tho i liked the first book more
I love Evie, she's so kick ass and sassy, i like that she can fight with her hands and doe's not use only magic
Tammy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rh, kindle-unlimited
I'm up in the air about reading book 3. The reason - book two ended with changing POV from the FMC to the Antagonist. In my opinion rarely does POV change help the book., I was ok in this book when, for a chapter, it changed to the POV of one of the guys, but it was a short chapter, and it helped the story along just fine.
If book 3 is going to switch POV between the FMC and the Antagonist, I probably won't bother. :(
Becky Pepper-Thompson
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was AMAZING!

I don’t even care that I’m still on the edge of my seat and haven’t checked the release date to ease my mind...IT WAS THAT GOOD! Evie is my new “book girl I want to come back as” crush. I’m already looking forward to the reread!
Jessica Smith
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Lovers of reverse harem
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

Book #2 of G. Bailey's A Demon's Fall series follows Evie as she awakens in a world full of white after being stabbed by her sister while in hell. To be honest she was surprised that she woke up at all, never one to look a gift horse in the mouth however, she gets on with things. Meanwhile, the protectors are keeping Hali hidden in a safe house while, along with Azi, mourning their loss. When Azi gets news of what happened and where Evie is
Jordan
Runes of Mortality picked up right where Runes of Truth left off. After being murdered by the crazy sister she just learned she had, Evie is now trapped in Hell with some angels. Now she has to find out about who she truly is, how she can get home to be with Hali and the guys, and to get her revenge!

This story moved a bit slower to me at first, due to Evie being apart from the guys and them believing she is dead for a while. But, it was an important aspect of the story, allowing Evie
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book begins with a "Prologue" describing something that takes place in the middle of the book, and is unnecessary. The story really begins where the first book abruptly ended, with an unclear timeline of how long has passed - it seems like days to one character and a month to others. There isn't much plot to this book. The story that wasn't resolved in book one continues to be unresolved, with only a little more information given. But there's no tension. Characters have to wait for this or ...more
Mae Padua-janusas
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action packed

This second book is definitely a very quick read. Read through it in less than a day. It’s either really well written you just don’t notice it as you keep flipping to the next page or it’s just too short. Either way it’s not a bad thing. I didn’t even realize I was done until I was reading the authors note at the end.

Evie doesn’t take any crap from anyone and she is fiercely loyal to those she cares about, but there are some questionable weaknesses throughout that seems like she
Sydney LeClere
3 Nothing Happened Stars

So I was hoping for at least a little action, but like almost nothing at all happened in this book.

Yeah, they were in that weird white place and fought a bunch of souls. But Azi just destroyed them all, almost in one fell swoop. Boring.

Biggest problem numero uno:
In a story about supernatural baddies; THE FIGHT SCENES MATTER.

Two:
There has only been some kissing and cunnilingus, and this is already the end of the second book. WTF!? Is this a reverse harem
Tiera McMillian
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Well well. This book is a bridge between 1 and 3 so not a whole lot of action for our Evie. It’s very fast paced as it was in the first book however, it works because Evie don’t play no games!

Despite not having too much action we learn about Evie’s heritage and Evie’s past and even the past of our delicious boys, and we gain some new allies. It looks as though a full scale war is brewing and Evie just might have the power of heaven and hell on her side.

I’m still confused as to what
Kathryn
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved Runes of Truth, the first book in this series. To say Runes of Mortality was a disappointing follow-up is an understatement. To start, I thought this was a two book series, but apparently there are a total of four. No wonder this felt more like a bridge to something else and not a wrap up, but two more books? I'm not seeing it... even with four friends with benefits relationships (that's a lot of filler but still). And about those relationships... what happened there? Where did all of th ...more
Amanda Cash
I LOVE Evie!

Picking up right where Runes of Truth leaves off, Evie is trying to figure out where she is and what happened. Turns out, she's half angel and is stuck above the 3rd level of Hell. The angels she meets help her unlock her memories to find out who her father was and she sees what happened to her to turn her hair blue. It's a shock.

With help from friend, they leave the angel part and Evie gets back to the guys, Hali and Star. OMG! I love Star so much and want her for my
Kristi Jung
My thoughts..

While I love this series, I am disappointed in this book. Of course, our MC’s have experienced some character development and more development in their relationships; besides that, not much happens. I felt like this was more of a “filler” book, meaning, a book written simply to make a series seem longer and therefore gain more sales. Every book of this series is short. This book could EASILY be “cut in half” with the first half being added to the 1st book and the second half being ad
Stephanie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I mean seriously wow!
The second book to this series picks up a couple months after book 1. It shows us that our amazing group of protectors have not been handling Evie’s death well. Nyx is on a bender and the guys are watching over Hope. Evie awakens in a place she’s never experienced and gets one heck of a bomb dropped on her.
From here there is action, romance, and one hell of a story that transpires. Gem kicked it up a notch with this book. I thought Runes of Truth was my new favorite b
Bonnie
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally love this Gem!!!!

So love reading this series, wasn't totally expecting that at the end but was so worth the waiting period for the book!!! This one will trap you in and won't let you go , keeps you guessing and you think you know what is going to happen but it has a different twist around the corner!! This one was one worth staying up so very late to read , loved every minute of reading this book!! So cannot wait to see what happens next !! I hope she kicks her sisters butt!! And Trex
Kassi
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Runes of Mortality” picks up right where book 1 left off; some readers might say book 2’s ending is a total cliffhanger, however, I say it leaves on a perfect ending into the next book. Evie learns more or little (depends on how you look at it) information of her past, more specify her birth parents and how she came to be. Evie, also, evolves emotion wise toward her guys. Overall, I highly anticipate reading books 3 and 4!
Honestly, I only found a few minor errors, for instance missing a w
Meagan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is quite possibly my favorite series from this author

I cannot say enough good things about this book, or the series as a whole. The author has created some amazing characters and a fantastic world full of intrigue, betrayal, and adventure. There are some overreaching lessons (for lack of a better word right now) of true family being the ones you choose, and looking beyond prejudices/walking in another’s shoes before judging. I love the relationships that are developing between Evie and the
Caitlyn Childress
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a very enjoyable read, I love the main character and how she is strong female lead with many attributes that makes her one of my top female leads in my books. I can’t wait to see how the story progresses and how the relationships evolve in the next book. I still loved book one a little more than this book, for some reason I couldn’t click as much with this book. But still very excited to see what happens next because my assumptions of what was going happen didn’t which was amazing ...more
Kelli
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Great continuation and looking forward to the next in the series. I was surprised when it ended though as it seemed shorter than the first book. It felt like it was at the halfway point when it ended. I listen to my books on an old Kindle to take advantage of the text-to-speech option and when it suddenly began reading the authors other books I figured it had skipped ahead or something.
I really look forward to the next one and hope to see some more action with t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• An Assassin's Death (The Huntress #1)
  • Taming (To Tame a Shifter #1)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
  • Claiming (To Tame a Shifter #2)
  • Darkness Bound (The Witch's Rebels, #2)
  • An Assassin's Deception (The Huntress #2)
  • Marked by Destruction (The Marked, #3)
  • Trial of Three (Power of Five, #3)
  • Maiming (To Tame a Shifter #3)
  • Shadow Kissed (The Witch's Rebels, #1)
  • Demon Sworn (The Witch's Rebels, #3)
  • Awakened And Betrayed (The Lost Sentinel, #2)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Sustaining (To Tame a Shifter, #4)
  • The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • Lera of Lunos (Power of Five, #4)
G. Bailey is a USA Today bestselling author of books that are filled with everything from dragons to pirates. Plus, fantasy worlds and breath-taking adventures. Oh, and some swoon-worthy men that no girl could forget. G. Bailey is from the very rainy U.K. where she lives with her husband, two children and three cheeky dogs. And, of course, the characters in her head that never really leave her, ev ...more

A Demon's Fall (4 books)
  • Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
  • Runes of Black Magic (A Demon's Fall, #3)
  • Runes of Royalty (A Demon's Fall #4)