Start by marking “Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)” as Want to Read:
Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)

Runes of Mortality

(A Demon's Fall #2)

Death should have been the end, but instead, it’s the start of my revenge... and they won’t see me coming.

Evie survived a trip to hell, literally, to find herself somewhere even more dangerous, with the angels. Angels who do not want to let her leave, not without a paying a price for the life they saved.

Angels. Demons. Protectors and more secrets than one world should
Published July 9th 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Runes of Mortality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runes of Mortality

Start your review of Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)
Denisa
3.5 I like this series!

So, maybe this book wasn't as good as the previous one.
So, maybe this book had a gigantic cliffhanger.
So, maybe some things weren't perfect.

But it's still a fun series, although it might be a good idea to have all the books handy once you start reading it. What if you like it and want to continue but can't? It's an awful feeling

It's the kind of UF series you read because you want a UF but can't find anything amazing out there (you're probably read most of them already).
Alaina
...ha ha.. totally forgot about this series.

Runes of Mortality was an okay book. I feel like it did suffer the whole second book syndrome that some series tend to deal with. In it, you will still meet Evie. She just woke up from being stabbed, ouch, and is in a while realm. No biggie - right?

The one thing that I did like about this book was getting to know more about her. Not just hers but the guys as well. It was an interesting route to take, a bit boring as well, but enjoyable. This book was
S.R. Harris
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this series more than I thought that I would.

In this book we find out who Evie's dad is and she claims her birth right as princess of the Protectors. This book is typical of most RH's series with the secret pack not to touch Evie, although this pack is a little different because almost all of the guys have admitted that they want Evie with the exception of the one typical asshole of the group.

I can't wait to read about the test and see Evie destroy Erica.

Khurram
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The rise

I really enjoyed thus book it was a bit slower then the last book and more of a setup for things to come, but I enjoyed it all the way through.

The book gives more of an insight into a couple of the characters that did not get as much time in the last book. Though this is still Evie's story she goes not just take centre stage but demands it.

There are plenty of revelations about Evie's past and her destinies. Yes like most things she has more then one.

As much as I enjoyed this book, now t
Camila
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
WHY WHY WHY. I just finished this book on an airplane ride and I can’t download more books. At least I finished this one. I’m writing this review in my notes so I don’t forget the goodness I just read.

Q U I C K read, this one.

Hell yes, it’s still good.
Loving the guys perspectives. This is a first. Team Azi.
All I’m saying is this story just keeps getting better.

Honestly, very surprised to see this author co-wrote the Marked series because that series was a fucking mess.
*horrible flashbacks o
Evie wakes up from her stabbing in a strange realm that is all white. She learns she is half-angel and who her father is - yay! With the help of Azi, she escapes the realm to return to Earth and begin to claim her birthright. Revenge on her sister will just be a bonus. Oh! And as she prepares herself, she might make out with the guys a little.

Yeah, ok. I like Evie and I like the group of guys she has surrounded herself with, and I even want to know how the story will progress in the next book.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
Hoopla Audiobook.

This was quite bad. I don’t want to rip it apart. I’m just leaving myself a note so that I’m not tempted to pick up this series/author again.
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Soph
Jun 29, 2022 rated it really liked it
1) Love Island isn't a punishment
2) Bacon isn't that nice
Natalie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The plot thickens.

Slow start on this one but I liked how it went between Evie and Azi. Pretty much went how I expected it to go. Really curious about Seth. The guys are coping after believing their princess is dead. I’d say it picks up more towards the end, other than that it’s drawing battle lines and deciding relationships.
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic second book. Evie has always been her own person but I think in this book she is starting to accept that she needs the men and I like seeing that side of her. It's fine being a tough chick but you have to balance it out somehow. Otherwise you are just kind of a *itch. We also get more of the men's POV. YAY for that! ...more
Lauren
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic story from G. Bailey!!

This 2nd book gives us all kinds of answers about Evie’s past which gives us a more precise direction on what exactly Evie’s journey end goal. Evie is still an awesome character but her cheeky and snarky attitude was dialed back in this book compared to book 1. Maybe because her defensive walls protecting herself against others is starting to break down thanks to her 4 guys.

I loved learning about Evie’s past and finding out exactly why she is so important
Calm Your Pits
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great continuation of Evie’s story. I am so glad we learned more about her and the guys’ back stories. Trex really needs to get his head out of his ass and tell the truth and they all need to talk to Evie about the relationship idea.
Linda Levine
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Action Continues

The second book in the series continues right where the first left off. She discovers the truth of her past and risks everything to claim what is hers. I love the interactions between her and the men who want to belong to her.
Tangled N Books
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evie is discovering who she is, her parents, and the secrets of her birth. On top of learning the truth of her past, she is also now The Salvatore, the demons' savior. Will she be the one who will forge the peace among all the races? ...more
Coco.V
Oct 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 The complete Demon's Fall Series (4 book series) is FREE on Amazon today (10/26/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Siri
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5*
Great story, it kept my interest all the time. Even tho i liked the first book more
I love Evie, she's so kick ass and sassy, i like that she can fight with her hands and doe's not use only magic
Prismseven
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Runes of Mortality

This book is a wonderful continuation of Evie’s story. The mix of witches, demons and protectors makes for a very interesting storyline. Can’t wait to start book 3 in the series.
Tammy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, rh
I'm up in the air about reading book 3. The reason - book two ended with changing POV from the FMC to the Antagonist. In my opinion rarely does POV change help the book., I was ok in this book when, for a chapter, it changed to the POV of one of the guys, but it was a short chapter, and it helped the story along just fine.
If book 3 is going to switch POV between the FMC and the Antagonist, I probably won't bother. :(
Becky Pepper-Thompson
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was AMAZING!

I don’t even care that I’m still on the edge of my seat and haven’t checked the release date to ease my mind...IT WAS THAT GOOD! Evie is my new “book girl I want to come back as” crush. I’m already looking forward to the reread!
Jessica (Read book. Repeat)
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

Book #2 of G. Bailey's A Demon's Fall series follows Evie as she awakens in a world full of white after being stabbed by her sister while in hell. To be honest she was surprised that she woke up at all, never one to look a gift horse in the mouth however, she gets on with things. Meanwhile, the protectors are keeping Hali hidden in a safe house while, along with Azi, mourning their loss. When Azi gets news of
Courtney
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So Book 2 leaves off where we book 1, with Evie dying and ending up in this in-between realm in Hell (with some other otherworldly creatures!). I thought the time with these new characters was well done but loved when she got to reunite with her future harem. I liked her integrity and honor with bringing them all back to the real world, after some had been stuck for hundreds of years. In terms of the guys, I totally fell in love with Azi in this one and some of the Protectors too (not Trex haha, ...more
Bel
Jordan
Runes of Mortality picked up right where Runes of Truth left off. After being murdered by the crazy sister she just learned she had, Evie is now trapped in Hell with some angels. Now she has to find out about who she truly is, how she can get home to be with Hali and the guys, and to get her revenge!

This story moved a bit slower to me at first, due to Evie being apart from the guys and them believing she is dead for a while. But, it was an important aspect of the story, allowing Evie to learn ab
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book begins with a "Prologue" describing something that takes place in the middle of the book, and is unnecessary. The story really begins where the first book abruptly ended, with an unclear timeline of how long has passed - it seems like days to one character and a month to others. There isn't much plot to this book. The story that wasn't resolved in book one continues to be unresolved, with only a little more information given. But there's no tension. Characters have to wait for this or ...more
Elizabeth Curtin
Happy to report this book didn’t suffer through second book syndrome. Well, maybe it partly had second book syndrome. There wasn’t much that happened plot wise but we learned a lot more about the plans happening around Evie and her new found family so it didn’t feel as if the book dragged.

We literally where the first book left off, discovering that Evie is part angel. From there, we see the wheels of revenge set in motion for Evie. She won’t stand for her newly discovered half-sister, Erica, on
Luc
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’m so mad because this book/series have potential but is so wasted

I mean one of the guy that didn’t like the protagonist a bit is now like let’s save her most precious thing and protect her at all cost, out of nowhere mmm no sir

And then everything is so like mm ugh I hate it here. Like ok can you elaborate with some things that don’t make sense? For once?????

Then this other guy is an addict but “if I got you I don’t need that” that is not literal is just like magic you know it doesn’t make sen
Danyelle
Jun 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
** Cliffhanger-ish Warning! ** I love this book. It's still a fast-paced, fun, action-packed, slow-burn, fantasy reverse harem romance. Some questions have been answered, but more have popped up. I like how things pick up right after the cliffhanger ending of book one, Runes of Truth. (So there's hardly any exposition.) Evie has made her mark on the world of the demons, as well as the Protectors. It's fascinating to see how she has changed since her death/rebirth.

I like Evie even more now. I thi
Mae Padua-janusas
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action packed

This second book is definitely a very quick read. Read through it in less than a day. It’s either really well written you just don’t notice it as you keep flipping to the next page or it’s just too short. Either way it’s not a bad thing. I didn’t even realize I was done until I was reading the authors note at the end.

Evie doesn’t take any crap from anyone and she is fiercely loyal to those she cares about, but there are some questionable weaknesses throughout that seems like she sh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Marked By Pain (The Marked, #2)
  • Marked by Destruction (The Marked, #3)
  • Marked By Power (The Marked, #1)
  • A Heart of Shame (The Redemption Saga, #2)
  • A Court of Fire and Metal (War of the Gods, #2)
  • A Court of Blood and Void (War of the Gods, #1)
  • Spirited (The Academy Of Spirits And Shadows, #1)
  • An Assassin's Death (The Huntress #1)
  • An Echo of Darkness (The Redemption Saga, #4)
  • Thief (Academy of Unpredictable Magic , #3)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • A Nature of Conflict (The Redemption Saga, #3)
  • Taming (To Tame a Shifter #1)
  • Unleashed (Dark Moon Shifters, #1)
  • Imposter (The Royal Trials, #1)
  • Witching on a Star (Academy of Witches, #1)
  • Death Untold (The Witch's Rebels, #5)
  • Seeker (The Royal Trials, #2)
See top shelves…
G. Bailey is a USA Today bestselling author of books that are filled with everything from dragons to pirates. Plus, fantasy worlds and breath-taking adventures. Oh, and some swoon-worthy men that no girl could forget.
G. Bailey is from the very rainy U.K. where she lives with her husband, two children and three cheeky dogs.

A Demon's Fall (5 books)
  • Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
  • Runes of Black Magic (A Demon's Fall, #3)
  • Runes of Royalty (A Demon's Fall #4)
  • Hidden Runes: Box Set (A Demon's Fall, #1-4)