Start by marking “Garage Band” as Want to Read:
Garage Band

Garage Band

After helping to build the Eastland Insurance company for 17 years, Lanthus Trilby is retrenched without warning, to make way for “younger, brighter” minds. Angry and betrayed, the passive actuary wants to let his boss feel his rage. His initial plans of keying his boss’s car escalate beyond merely blowing it up. Lanthus is going to take down the entire company. But his pl ...more
Published April 27th 2018 by Imagin8 Ltd (first published May 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Garage Band, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garage Band

Janice
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adam Alexander presents us with a raw, gutsy and thoroughly entertaining caper, carried out by the most unlikely protagonist. Lanthus Trilby, our hero, represents Everyman: every man (and of course, when I say man, I mean woman too) who has ever been put down, belittled, demeaned, ignored and unappreciated.
Over the last 17 years, Trilby has loyally worked for South Africa’s largest insurance company, Eastland. He has given them his all without question, day in, day out, (and some nights too) af
Mary
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Revenge is sweet. There is nothing sweeter than the taste of revenge against a large insurance company that has wronged you, especially if you are one of their own employees.

Lanthus Trilby was such an employee. For seventeen years, he was a dedicated employee, rarely missing a day of work, keeping a low profile, always complying to the tasks given to him. Lanthus, husband to a complacent wife, and father of two teenagers full of angst has reached his limit when the company that he has dedicated
Andrew
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now we’re talking! A dose of Robert P. Parker, a shot of Carl Hiaasen, and a smidgeon of Donald E. Westlake, all mixed in a shaker called South Africa.

South Africa has produced some fantastic crime writers, but has been sorely lacking in what I call “West Coast” crime – books seated in crime, but on a chair of humour.

Eccentric and quirky characters, including an actuary, a female cage fighter and a husband-and-wife acrobat team, populate a story that moves as quickly as a Hollywood blockbuster.
Rob Whitlock
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Garage Band is a great tongue in cheek, largely cyber, thriller rather than a comedy thriller. Although some of the scenes are purposefully exaggerated the plot is believable and scarily possible. The plot is well crafted and has the reader guessing to the last page!
Darice Loeb
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adam Alexander has a way of writting that makes you feel like you know all the characters personally. Loved this book from beginning to end. Suspense, intrigue, humour - could not put it down. Looking forward to reading the next book from this great author.
Colin Van Rensburg
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent read, which is set in Sandton, South Africa, the Hub of the African Economy. The author has managed to create a nail-biting, suspense crime-caper with real characters, real drama and real danger, but avoiding the trap of clichés pertaining to the crime and political hot pot that is so obviously known to locals in South Africa. An ordinary blue collar, overworked and underpaid Lanthus Trilby is someone we can all identify with. Revenge is his dish, no matter how it is served. ...more
Adam Alexander
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a bias alert. Of course I loved the book, I wrote it, and it is one of my all time favorites.

Writing isn’t a simple or easy process. Theres creating a plot that’s both plausible and entertainment worthy. There’s the development of the characters. In the life of the part-time author, there’s finding time to write and edit. With my first two novels this process was long, and there were many iterations.

With Garage Band, it was as if the story was already written and all I had to do was ch
Margaret Crampton
This is a rollicking good read. Llanthus a seemingly dull actuary in the largest motor insurance company in South Africa is retrenched after giving 17 years of dedicated service. He gets together a bunch of 6 nerdish criminals: an demolition expert, a brilliant student computer hacker a Russian electronics expert, a couple of acrobats and a beautiful contortionist. They plot and plan in a large disused warehouse. They are the Garage Band. They disable the security system at Sandton shopping Cent ...more
Logan
James Knight
Gary Green
Anne
10 Things I'd Like my Readers to Know About Me:

1. My wife proposed to me on a leap year. At karaoke. On stage.

I was an aspiring singer when I met Ann. We were both divorced, single, and decidedly miserable, so much so that I spent 2 hours a day at the gym, and was vehemently against relationships believing that love was a myth, and any form of intimacy was a precursor to more misery. Ann did too.