Start by marking “Because of You (Not Yet, #4)” as Want to Read:
Because of You (Not Yet, #4)

Because of You

(Not Yet #4)

All Ricky Martinez knows of life is loss, loyalty, and family.

When his father became a quadriplegic after breaking his neck saving a drowning girl, Ricky gave up his dreams of playing football at a big college to stay home and take care of his family. His new dream? Find the girl who caused his father’s injury and get justice.

Because of her, his family lost everything.

All
Kindle Edition
Published May 25th 2018 by Life Changing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Because of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because of You

Start your review of Because of You (Not Yet, #4)
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 Stars

‘I would weave myself into him, his life, and his heart. This complicated, gorgeous man, that thought he didn’t deserve happiness or dreams or good in his life.’

What a beautifully heartfelt story! Whilst reading Because of You we felt as though we had been transported back in time to the YA stories (please note this is not a YA book – the characters are in their early 20’s)) that are forever ingrained in our hearts. The innocence, the emotion and purity of the storytelling, where it i
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5 beautiful Stars

Mari
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5

All full circle. Full review closer to release
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series.
Ages of H and h: h is 22 and H is 22ish
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Christine Manzari
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laura really knows how to write sweet, tender stories with a lot of heart and unique characters. I love how she incorporates characters with special needs and makes them integral to her story.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

4.5 beautiful Stars

Kim
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I have to be completely honest, I'm not really sure what to say about Because of You. This book totally put me through the wringer and I had so many conflicting emotions throughout it. But don't take that as a bad thing. It wasn't at all. I really enjoyed this one, uncomfortable emotions and all.

First, I have to say I really appreciated the set up for this story. "Bad boy" from the wrong side of the tracks with a tragic past meets the "rich gir
Diane plourde
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I started reading this story and I took an immediate liking to the storyline and characters. It consumed me to the point that I had a difficult time putting it down. This 5 star story made me feel so many emotions.

Ricky is all about wanting revenge for something he thinks has wrong his family and him. He works hard to keep his family afloat. Enters Aveline. All he sees is a rich, spoiled girl. Being on the wrong side of the tracks, he will put a plan in motion in order to have revenge. What he
Kristiej
4.5 out of 5

Sometimes I find new books by the most roundabout ways. With this book, I noticed it in my update feed on GoodReads. I found the colours nice so clicked on the book itself, it sounded interesting so I gave it a try. Now I’m patting myself on the back for my genius/shallowness since this book is good, really good.

There is a very strong link between the families of Aveline Gerard, the heroine and Ricky Martinez, the hero. It’s a link that goes back many years and born out of tragedy. R
2OCC Reviews
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
The moment I read the blurb for this story I knew that I had to find out these characters stories. I needed to know what had happened and what was going to happen to them. I was not disappointed when I read this story because it really explored a lot of emotions. It really showed the pain and anger that someone can carry around. With them for most of their life and then to finally show forgiveness. The author did another amazing job with this story in the series and it was really the perfect add ...more
Andi Isack
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐

What's above forgiveness? Is hard to forgive someone who played with your heart? When learning the truth take everything you thought being genuine, real, and...yours? Well to find out the right answer to all this questions you have to read this. The story goes so deep, depth and angst is going to drive you insane. But youare going to be the biggest fan of this couple, Ricky and Aveline. Because what they live, and feel for each other is uncontrollable, is addicted, is everything. What I like
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
This is a book that captures you and pulls you deep.

Goodness. This book. Love, hate, hope, and loss are all woven together in a story that shows you how love can overcome the biggest of hurdles. There is so much heart in this book. From the deep devotion and unconditional love of family to a romance that that steals your heart. This is a book that captures you and pulls you deep. The story is entirely unique!

FunUndertheCovers
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first glimpse into the words of Laura Ward and what an amazing choice to make. I love anything to do with psychology and these two characters meet in a Psychology class. Aveline and Ricardo come from completely different worlds. Aveline is from a family of privilege but because of a near death experience, she has been sheltered from virtually all outside influences. Ricardo is the son of immigrants and because of one heroic act made by his father his family has been forced to live in poverty ...more
Denise
4.75 Stars ✨

Great book and addition to the series. We briefly meet Ricky in the previous books but in his story we get his background and just why he is so moody/broody. Aveline was so sheltered that it was refreshing to see her find her way through the book and become her own woman. There were a few times throughout the story that I was wiping a stray tear. My only complaint, and it is a very small one, I wish there would have been an epilogue a few years down the road showing us where Ricky &
Kathy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever read a book that was like a multi - layered cake with each layer as good or better than the last? That was what Because of You was like for me. To break it down, the first layer was about anger at fate -- how Ricky dealt with the consequences of his father's heroic act. The second layer was about living a life with deaf parents -- the quiet and restrictive life Aveline had led. The third layer was about the discovery of life through an incredible Psych class that Ricky and Aveline took -- t ...more
T
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laura Ward's stories and characters grab you from word one... "Because of You" is so engaging, so relatable, so moving, so imbued with with powerful messages of love and renewal, that you don't want it to end. This book beautifully continues her "Not Yet" series, and left me anxiously awaiting her next novel.
Kelly Erdman
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Laura Ward’s love stories because, although her characters are very unique, I can always find a small part of myself in her characters. Meeting the characters immediately got me hooked on this book. Then the story takes many unexpected twists and turns that kept me reading for hours.
Tracy  C
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I was so torn about this book. On one hand, I enjoyed the actual story and I loved seeing the characters from previous books. On the other hand, I screamed internally through most of it to Ricky "just tell her!!!" I was annoyed at Aveline's parents, but thankfully that over the top protectiveness was explained in the end. The ending was satisfying and I appreciated the bonus scenes from the other books at the very end.
Karie Gibson
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book swept me away. I was so engrossed I couldn't stop once I started. Ricky and Aveline will take you on a current of emotions. Falling in love wasn't the plan but it was hard not to.
This book will teach you so many things Forgiveness being the biggest! I loved every minute of it.
Lisa Mcintire
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A tad cheesy 😊 but good
Kathy Reader
Really good book I loved the way the psych class was woven into their story.
Pat Rosner
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do yourself a favor and read this book. It is a beautiful story of selflessness, loyalty, honesty, forgiveness and love. The characters are so real that you feel they are sitting in the same room with you as you read. Laura is a masterful storyteller who creates a flowing dialogue that never disappoints. I loved learning Ricky’s story. And being carried along as the unlikely friendship between him and Aveline grew. Laura writes about emotions with an honesty that is powerful. I could not put the ...more
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog

I truly wasn’t sure I’d like Ricky. Full of anger born of pain and struggling he was understandably bitter. But the more I read the more I c
Konny
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Because of You by Laura Ward is the 4. book in the Not Yet Series. The previous books are a Not Yet; Until Now and Someday Soon. Every book, while part of the series, can be read as a standalone.

Because of You is my favorite read in the Not Yet Series. The characters are true and I could easily connect with them. I started reading and Ricky and Aveline had me hooked from chapter one.
There´s this angry hero who works two jobs to make ends meet and had to say good bye to his dreams. And the shelte
Samantha Larkin
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
2:5 stars.....I haven’t got a problem with LW’s writing style but I struggled with Ricky.....he was very angry (for obvious reasons) but he acted like a complete dick for most of this book!

Aveline I think was just desperate for some human contact that was away from her parents....she forgave Ricky’s total douchness too quickly, I wanted him to fight for her more than what he did....he just turned his back and left.

Aveline forgives him and then spends her money making his dreams come true (I did
Tammy Cole
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been so in love with this series and starting this one I was a little nervous. Ricky was such an angry character. He had a rough life and the weight of the world on his shoulders. I was wondering if being so angry was going to make it hard to love him. I not only sympathized with him, I truly felt for him and wanted him to get his HEA.

This was a story about forgiveness, love and family. Aveline was a girl sheltered in life and she was struggling to find her place in life. I devoured this
Lindsey Kramer
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so happy that Ricky got his own book. I think his story is important to the series because it makes you understand why he was the way he was in the previous books. His book is heartbreaking and beautiful. I can’t wait for Laura’s next book.
Ethan Gregory
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have long said that Laura Ward is one of the freshest and most original authors on the romance market today. Over the last few years, I have closely followed her career and with each book launch, her talent grows. Every time she puts pen to paper, my bookish heart soars. The Not Yet series has been one of the best NA Romance series I have had the pleasure to devour, each release gets better and better. When granted the opportunity to review and early copy of BECAUSE OF YOU, I jumped at the cha ...more
Sassy Southern
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
**3.5 Stars**

Your life can literally change in an instant, one split second decision can impact not only your present but also your future and those who love you. This is a lesson Ricky learned at a very young age.

Because of his dad, Pedro's selfless actions, he saved a little girl's life, a four-year-old, but essentially lost his at the same time. See, he saw her fall in the shallow water and didn't hesitate to act, and broke his neck almost immediately, yet he still rescued her. He, however, b
Rebecca Austin
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Ricky Martinez has a monster growing inside of him due to all the rage he feels after having to give up all of his own dreams in order to support his family with the injury to his dad 18 years ago then left him a quadriplegic. His family is in financial trouble and he continues to wrks as hard as he can in order for his sisters to continue their own education.

All Ricky wants is revenge on the girl who his father saved and left his life shattered.

Aveline Gerard is 22 and eighteen years ago was i
« previous 1 3 next »

• Damage (Lakefield Book 5)
  • Want You Bad (The Sublime, #3)
  • Air I Breathe
  • Continuum (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #3)
  • Bow & Arrow
  • Seth (Hellbound Lovers MC, #5)
  • Jude (Signature Sweethearts #3)
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • Gunner (Hellbound Lovers MC, #6)
  • An Imperfect Heart
  • Cry Baby
  • Wrecked For You (Exposed Hearts, #2)
  • Haught & Bothered (The Haught Brothers #3)
  • Wanderlust (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #2)
  • Electric Blue Love
  • Beautiful Lies (Beautiful, #2)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • White Knight (Callaghan Green, #2)
Laura Ward lives in Maryland with her loud and very loving three children and husband. She married her college sweetheart and is endlessly grateful for the support he has given her through all their years together, and especially toward her goal of writing books. When not picking up toy trucks, driving to lacrosse practice, or checking spelling homework, Laura is writing or reading romance novels. ...more

Not Yet (4 books)
  • Not Yet (Not Yet, #1)
  • Until Now (Not Yet, #2)
  • Someday Soon (Not Yet, #3)

News & Interviews