Start by marking “Upon Broken Wings” as Want to Read:
Upon Broken Wings

Upon Broken Wings

"Brilliant and Moving. Highly Recommended."

Bound by a dark act of hate and despair, high school freshmen, Andrew and Kiernan, learn that their untimely deaths did not bring an end to their pain, but only began the suffering of those left behind. While his lost memories return, Andrew must master seemingly impossible feats, both spiritual and physical.

As a dark spirit s
Published April 20th 2018 by Evernight Teen

To ask other readers questions about Upon Broken Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upon Broken Wings

Start your review of Upon Broken Wings
Gabi
I'm not a religious person, but I'm gonna rate and review this book regardless of my beliefs, or rather non-beliefs.

This book is brilliant. Both the story and the writing.

We're following Andrew, an autistic boy. Life dealt really shitty cards for him. He lost all of his loved ones around him, when finally at the age of 14, he couldn't take it anymore.
Meanwhile, there's another boy, Kiernan, they are the same age. Growing up, they locked eyes several times, but didn't actually met each other. An
Dianne
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Prepare to be shredded with anger, pain and the angst level that rarely lets up. From page one, there is conflict, loss and darkness. The writing is jagged, chaotic and it fits the mood of this sad and heartbreaking story.

Andrew was born to pain, isolation and loss. We are invited into his mind, we are told why he is so emotionally isolated and of his brief connections with the world that were ripped from him, time after time.

Kiernan has reached into Andrew’s isolation, but their attraction is m
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
I kept reading and really enjoyed the rest of the story. This is definitely not a light read. It is also a bit slow moving in some places and the time jumps/scene jumps make the story a bit disjointed. I did really like both Kiernan and Andrew. Their stories are dark and sad and stunning. http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/... ...more
Amy Aislin
Wow. Can I just say "Wow" and leave it at that?

This was wonderful. Sad, yes. Absolutely. Heartbreaking, even. There's pain and anger, loss and fear, suffering and assault and missed opportunities. Death, both accidental and through suicide. It's not an easy read.

But, God, it was also so beautiful. Full of friendship, love and, above all, hope.

To be honest, the beginning was a bit confusing. I didn't know what was happening and there were a lot of characters introduced, but once the book got goin
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A beautiful heartwarming story full of sorrow, love and second chances. I enjoyed this tale about lives interconnected, angels and so much more. I recommend this story for those looking for a wonderful inspirational read.
Cyrene Olson
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, hate, bullying, anger, sadness, hope, loss and everlasting happiness. This book is marketed as a LGBTQ Young Adult, and it is that, but it’s so much more. This is not a light read, it’s a book that will have you feeling the full gambit of emotions as you get through it. Don’t be frightened off the gay label on this, this isn’t about sex, it’s about love and acceptance.

The beginning trudges a bit slowly, and the losses that one boy must face seem insurmountable - and the deaths of both And
Lisa Graves
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although this book’s beginning is hauntingly depressing, taken as a whole it is inventively brilliant, and ends with an uplifting message. I felt as if I were reading a cross between literary fiction and commercial fiction, stuck between an art form and a book for entertainment, much as the characters Andrew and Kiernan are trapped between damnation and salvation.

Kiernan’s younger brother, fourteen-year-old Casey, spins a tale of utter sorrow and redemption by looking back in time with the help
Kirstin
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC by the publisher and BookSprout in exchange for an honest review.

The writing. I don't even know what to say. It was like nothing I've ever read. It was exceptional. As cliche and rote as this sounds, I feel like I've transcended some level of knowledge now that I've read this. This book shows love and hate and fear and anger and truth and light in the most heartbreaking courageous way.

Andrew has Autism and has lost his father, his mother, his uncle, his best friend. He's wai
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Goodness! If there was ever a book I wish to give more than 5 stars to, it would be this one.

This book is heartbreaking yet filled with so much love between these characters that you can't help but feel these powerful emotions the characters display.
While reading this book, I couldn't help but hear what my mother used to tell me about suicide growing up. She used to tell me it was a selfish act in a way because we take ourselves out of the equation and fail to realize the pain we will leave th
Patricia
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a heart wrenching book about what happens to those we love after someone has taken their own life.. Andrew a sweet young autistic boy who has tragically lost everyone he loved and just couldn't take it anymore and the friend that he had and just didn't know it yet . Kiernan who both tragically take their own lives . To save both of their souls Andrew must help Kiernan fight for his life and open his eyes and come back to the love that all around him
The characters in this story are so
Tammy Hall
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW:
Upon Broken Wings is a book that has so many different elements to it and all of them full of an emotional journey. This story covered so many issues dealt with in today's world bullying, hate, being gay, death, suicide, and most importantly love. The kind of love that reaches in and grabs you by your very soul and will fight the evil to show it that it can't win up against the most powerful of emotions. In the end love prevails and better things are left to come for all involved. For
Kitt
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
his book definitely has one of the most intricate writing styles I have ever read.. I was confused from time to time by the different points of view and switching back and forth, not in time, but in perspective. This is a book that requires some focus and concentration; it is not a casual read. The story is powerful, if heart-breaking at the outset, and touches on themes of death, sadness, bullying, pain, and despair. However, it is ultimately a story of hope and perseverance. It was not an easy ...more
Kirsty Mckenzie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book it such in depth characters that made you cheer and cry for. At first I felt overwhelmed and a little confused but as the story progressed I understood where each character was coming from. I felt a need to protect some and kick others butts. This book is extremely gripping to the piont where I stayed up late just so I didn't put it down until it was finished. So little tired here forgive any typos.
I am glad I got to arc this book because if I chose for myself I'm unsure whet
Connie Phillips
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was able to put myself into this book and witness the journey of these young people. I felt their pain, their sorrows and I cried for and with them as they struggled with their emotions. I felt their sense of loss, isolation and yearning for love and understanding. Self doubts, and tormented by hateful bigots who hate and torture those who they perceive as being different. The tragedy of the loss of young lives and the miracle of saving another through hope and love was truly inspiring. I coul ...more
Tanya
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Death may be the end for most but not for them as they were bad and now they have to try to right the wrongs they did. They need to help those who were left behind. Their eyes open to what they have done and left behind. Can they make it better? See if they can

Darlene
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I read a book that touches me on so many different levels that I find it difficult to explain. This story is heart-wrenching, sad, dark and also filled with love, hope and inspiration. An intense young adult book with a writing style that was difficult to follow but added to the the beauty of the storyline. A powerful story that will definitely stay with me awhile- a worthwhile read!
Jill
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a tear-jerker. This story was a good and original read. It was about second chances, love, bullying, death, and suicide. Throw in some angels and you get some inspirational aspects. It was definitely an enjoyable read, I'm not a huge fan of tear jerkers but this story touches on alot of things that are happening today and the author did a fabulous job.
Ruth Bishop
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was hard to get into in the beginning. But once I got into it I didn't want to put it down. The writing is brilliant and heartbreaking an emotional rollercoaster about how suicide affects the people left behind.
Mona williams
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
wow this book was really strange! it did have some good points though. it dealt with hate, bullying, love and respect. there is so much death in this book. accidents cancer and more.
Lizzi
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story with a lot happening and lots of emotional upheavel. A rollercoaster ride with depth of characters and a storyline that you won't want to miss.
Karen
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good storyline that is interesting and heartwarming. The characters are engaging and well developed. I did like reading this book.
Jodi
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story! I received it as an ARC but would have been happy to purchase it. The author did a great job bringing the characters to life.

E.L. Reedy
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alex I
Amy
May 03, 2018
Scoutaccount
Jun 14, 2018

• The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #2)
  • The Bench
  • Even in Black and White (The de' la Marsh Series Book 1)
  • Sweet Favors: A Small Town Romance (Love Happens Book 5)
  • Willow's Chaos: Jackson Investigative Services
  • Requiem (Delirium, #3)
  • Feralsong (Green Creek #3.5)
  • Fall Again (The Rock Gods Book 10)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • H.E.A.R.T. Flights: Liftoff (Heartland Emergency Air Regional Transport Book 1)
  • Lust Hate Love (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • American Dreamer
  • Seven Hours: Challenge Accepted
  • Broken (Beautiful Monsters, #3)
  • Beta (Alpha, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Omega (Alpha, #3)
Was born and raised in Iowa, where he devoured tomes of fantasy, sci-fi, and young adult novels as a child. In his free time, he is an avid gamer (D&D and Pathfinder). He has traveled the world as a soldier in the U.S. Army, and now lives in Iowa, where with his writing partner, he continues to pen works in the realms of Fantasy and Horror in the Young Adult Universe.

h