Start by marking “Long Way Home (The Potter's House #4)” as Want to Read:
Long Way Home (The Potter's House #4)

Long Way Home (The Potter's House #4)

Can she forgive the man who once bullied her,
and learn that love keeps no record of wrongs?

Having overcome the crippling insecurities of childhood bullying, Lauren Bauman is eager to start her new job 1,000 miles away, and road-tripping across the country with her brother Nate and his new friend seems to be the perfect way to celebrate the move. But her confidence is shake
Kindle Edition
Published May 8th 2018 by Vivant Press

To ask other readers questions about Long Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Way Home

Start your review of Long Way Home (The Potter's House #4)
Kav
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in an intriguing new series -- The Potter's House -- a collaboration of seven Christian Fiction authors who have created "stories of hope, redemption and second chances." (from website -- potter'shousebooks.com) Each book is independent of the others so they read as standalones -- though they all share an inspirational thread of redemption.

Long Way Home is shorter than Brenda S. Anderson's usual fare (158 p) but it still packs the broiling emotions and edgy grit that I've
Julia
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Long Way Home by Brenda Anderson is a delightful contemporary Christian novel about real sacrificial love. It is the fourth book in the Potter's House series - a collection of books by different authors united by themes.
Real love is in 1 Corinthians: 13. Outside of Jesus, few of us know this real love. We are to model this love to others as Jesus shows His love to us.
Who needs love? Everyone. "The wealthy need to be loved and accepted too." Sometimes people with wealth believe that they already
Ellen
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Long Way Home is a modern Christian story about three young people on a road trip on an old school bus. Two of them experienced some nasty things. The story shows the battle how much effort it takes to forgive and control your aggression and negative thoughts. It is about love, forgiveness and faithfulness and meeting God. A nice book to read
Sarah Ruut
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jet and Lauren have history--and that's not always a good thing.

As Brenda Anderson does so well, Long Way Home takes a closer look at the grittier side of life and how we as believers ought to interact with it. She gently, but I'm sure intentionally, steps on our toes of self-righteous, judgmental attitudes.

Long Way Home is connected to the Coming Home series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. It has been quite a while since I read the rest of the series, so I read this one as its own story.
Debbie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lauren and Nate have a wonderful friendship. When Nate suggested that he ask someone along on their trip she is shocked when she sees Jet. Jet has had a hard life growing up. The way that Lauren and Nate are able to help him on there trip is truly remarkable. The characters in this story are very special people. The author will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. You will feel God working throughout this whole book. I had the honor to review this book for the auth ...more
Ann
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Brenda's writing style. She includes all the emotions of how people feel when they have been hurt and how hard it is to forgive sometimes. But with God's help it is possible to forgive and learn to trust a person. A very heartwarming story. I was given an ARC copy of this book, but I loved it so much I pre-ordered it. Thank you Brenda S. Anderson for writing such a beautiful story. ...more
Amy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Long Way Home is the fourth installment from The Potter’s House Books series. I really liked this short story by Brenda S Anderson. I have always loved her books and this one is no exception. I enjoyed the true to life characters. I, also, loved how they were able to deal with their emotions. Such a beautiful story with the power of grace, inspiration and faith.

I give Long Way Home five plus stars. Looking forward to the other books of the series.

I received this book from the author, but was n
Linda Rainey
Very Inspirational Story

This was a beautiful story about three young people's journey to adulthood.
I loved the storyline and the characters,reuniting with previous characters from other Brenda Anderson books.
This adds an enrichment to the story.
Several things spoke to me in the book.
First,the toolkit for anger management,then the reference to 1st Corinthians 13 about love.
This book is highly recommended for those who love Christian fiction with a strong inspirational message.
Alice LaJuett
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book!

What a wonderful book! After his father abandoned Jet , he grows up being verbally abused by His mother! As a result of this be became a bully. After bullying Lauren in middle school, her father pulls her out. Later, Jet meets her through her brother and they both learn forgiveness and God's love together.
Cheri Swalwell
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Long Way Home by Brenda Anderson was a great novella. For me, I have a hard time with novellas normally because it takes a while to get me to care about the characters and then they are finished. However, this novella, because we were able to revisit some of the characters we had grown to love in past books (Coming Home series), I was engaged immediately – both with characters from past books but also with new characters I was just introduced too. I loved this book. I felt as though I was on the ...more
Stacy Monson
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do we do when we're forced to interact with someone who has hurt us deeply in the past? Long Way Home explores that dilemma honestly. While we might want to run the other way, or return hurt with hurt, God calls us to something more, a deeper level of forgiveness and grace that only He can provide. The result can be amazing, as it is in Long Way Home - not easy, not all sunshine and light, but with healing for both parties that opens the door to a brighter future with a stronger faith.

The a
Michelle Kaderly Welsh
Long Way Home, a Christian romance novella by Brenda S. Anderson, is a quick read at 158 pages. It is a part of the Potter’s House series, novellas by several authors linked together with the theme of “Hope, Redemption, and Second Chances”.

Lauren is traveling six days with her childhood bully, Jet, thanks to her brother, Nate. She discovers a lot about Jet and herself during this trip. I appreciated this book because it got inside the head of a former bully who is trying to get his life on track
Jan
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unforgetable
Not only is this story entertaining it made me think and reflect on my own past hurts and unforgiveness. It also has some of the best descriptions of what true love is. I could go on and on but I still couldn't say enough. I highly recommend this book to everyone who struggles with bullying from either side or forgiveness, dysfunctional families or loss of family members, or just searching. This book is a keeper!
Glenda
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review for Long Way Home
Another awesome book by Brenda! She has quickly become a favourite author of mine, This story is timeless in its theme. The characters are authentic and remind me so much of my journey in life thinking I had it all together and then God allowing me to get into a situation that clearly showed me I still had much to learn! This is a book I would freely recommend to anyone and everyone to read, not just for entertainment but to challenge you to look at yourself. I was given
Patricia
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished A Long Way Home. I shed buckets of tears reading it. It is about hurts & forgiveness. When we harbor our hurts it makes us angry & defensive. Sometimes we don't even realize how far reaching it is. Brenda has given an excellent read for us to learn & continue to be a work in progress! I empathized with all the characters. Also Bullying can have so many repercussions as her book points out! Anger management tools are also used in this book which were excellent. A great read by a gre ...more
Lisa
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Long Way Home is about love—not romantic love, but God’s love--and how it’s shown to others. It’s about second chances, and third, and fourth…. It’s about unforgiveness and what that does to us. Brenda Anderson does a superb job with all of that as her characters make a long road trip in a reconditioned school bus. Don’t miss this book in the Potter’s House series.
Debbie Chatley
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was an easy delightful read much like a Sunday afternoon drive on a beautiful day. But smoothly embedded in the story are a multitude of life lessons including unpacking what love is, forgivenesses, overcoming fear, dealing with anger and so much more. In fact, God used this book to speak to my heart.
So get a copy and let God speak to you through the story of a road trip between 2 sort of siblings and a newly found friend that God is drawing to himself. You will be glad you did.
Connie
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of Brenda's contemporary style and her pairing of believable characters and faith issues. I think this whole series is a neat concept with different authors teaming up to write it.
I was given an early reader copy for my pleasure and I am very happy to give this book a two-thumbs up!!!
Judy Wolven
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reall enjoyed this story about the 3 young people who take a cross country trip in a "hippy style" bus (reminded me of the 60's.

Brenda has made the Love Chapter come to life in this book. Showing how we are to Love and what God tells us Love is......

Jet one of the main characters I related to and loved. How he gets thru his anger issues is a beautiful part of this story.

I highly recommend this book.
Marta Aldrighetti
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Bauman loves music and playing piano.
he lives in a homeless adult residence called OurHome.
her sort-of brother Nate Brooks help her to move to NewYork for a new life and job.
so they start a long trip around the country, on an RV and a Nate friend, Jet Wurm.
jump on the bus with them, there's lot to learn!
Margaret Lawton
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about being Jesus to those around us. Learning to let go of past hurts and allow God's Love to shine through. We all have insecurities and areas where we mess up, but by forgiving others, we allow God to work in our hearts and theirs. I laughed, cried, and cheered throughout the story. ...more
Robin
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well done!! Forgiving the past??? Sometimes we think we have until we are put in the position of facing who we needed to forgive. Will Lauren be able to forgive Jet??? Can he forgive her for her lack of forgiveness??? What kind of life had Jet lived??? So much in this book, but very well handled. Highly recommend!
Sandra Landry
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So heartwarming

This book captures all of the love we have for one another. It is a very interesting book that everyone should read.
gary c lehn
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series..........

I really love this series of stories. The characters that are created by the authors are so real to the reader, I may have said it already but I really mean it. The stories full of love and life are very exciting to read, I can't stop till I'm though them.
Christine Dillon
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've found myself a new favourite author. Brenda writes ordinary stories about real people and she writes them really, really well. No slips up, no being jerked out of the story. Stories of struggle, stories about imperfect people and stories of hope in our perfect God. The One who can change any heart.
Loved too the looking at bullying from the side of the bully.
For lovers of Francine Rivers, Deborah Raney. This story would also be great for mid-late teens. Even a book for a youth gro
Jana
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a most captivating story of forgiveness of wrongs done by you and to you with God’s help. It covers bullying, bad parenting, tragedy, and explains that with God’s help one can put the past aside and look to the promise of a future.
Mary Jane
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her book are always the best.

This story was good on helping people to understand what love and forgiveness are. What real love is not always in every home and few people receive forgiveness on a daily basis. To know we can receive both from God is awesome. As Christians we should follow Christ's example in our daily life.
Barbara
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story about young men and women who are in a safe place – a home for those who are homeless or unwanted. Strict rules, lots of love, and plenty of work. A road trip for 3 of these young people bring many past issues and current misconceptions to the surface and trust slowly blossoms under hard circumstances. It is a wonderful book of looking forward instead of back.
Janet Kessinger
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting

This story about the pain anger can place in your life is so close to home for me. Reading the story of Lauren and Jet started me to do my own self examination. I realized I held a lot of anger toward an old friend and I have prayed about it and God has taken anger away and I was able to forgive her. But more than that, I realized I needed to forgive myself for a totally different reason. I've held a lot of self blame for some things I said and done to my husband who is now in heaven wi
Linda Palmer
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story of forgiveness and love. I enjoyed the story of the cross country trip.

• Heart Unbroken (The Potter's House #3)
  • When it Rains
  • A Vow Redeemed
  • Promises Renewed
  • Restoring Faith (The Potter's House #7)
  • The Homecoming
  • Recovering Hope (The Potter's House #14)
  • Unchained
  • Gracefully Broken  (The Potter's House #9)
  • Heart Healed (The Potter's House, #10)
  • Tragedy and Trust (The Potter's House #12)
  • Heart Transformed (The Potter's House #13)
  • Reclaiming Charity (The Potter's House #21)
  • Until Christmas (The Potter's House #16)
  • Blessings of Love
  • Heart Restored (The Potter's House #17)
  • Beyond The Deep
  • Proven Love (The Potter's House #19)
Brenda S. Anderson writes gritty and authentic, life-affirming fiction. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, and is Past-President of the ACFW Minnesota chapter, MN-NICE, the 2016 Chapter of the Year. When not reading or writing, she enjoys music, theater, roller coasters, and baseball, and she loves watching movies with her family. She lives in the Minneapolis, Minnesota are ...more