Start by marking “Deadly Passion (The Razzman Files Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Passion (The Razzman Files Book 2)

Deadly Passion (The Razzman Files Book 2)

Two women dead: One a twenty-year-old cold case, the other brutally fresh. Both had their lives cut short and their hearts cut from their body.

PI Tony Razzolito, working for his favorite pro bono client, can’t seem to stop second guessing the results of the police’s original investigation as he works to put the pieces together to solve the twenty-year-old murder.

And no
Published April 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Passion

Start your review of Deadly Passion (The Razzman Files Book 2)
SA Krishnan
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tony has a perfect mystery to solve as the plot has been built intelligently around the intriguing characters. The story has the right mix of light moments and the dark revenge in it and balances out very well. Enjoyed it.
Leonard Tillerman
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reviews
What ultimately drives one human being to murder another?  To take away everything they are and will ever be.  To snuff out a life which once shone bright with hope and dreams.  In the majority of cases it has to do with some form of emotional investment.  The power of emotions such as love and hate can be exceptionally strong.  Be that as it may, it is a cruel and evil deed which society has no mercy for.  The powers that be will hunt down such vicious killers with every resource they have at t ...more
K.D.
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Passion by Joe Congel- This is the third book I've read by Joe Congel and have to say it did not disappoint. I enjoy the easy flow of words Joe sets to paper, the well-thought-out plot, and the creativity with which he delivers in his stories.
Tony Razzolito, a Private Investigator, works at McHenry Investigative Services in Charlotte NC. He is a character anyone can connect with. He is real, a bit snarky at times, and dives headlong into his work and goes after answers with bulldog tenaci
Mrs. Y
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back everyone, Today, for our review back, is a book that I found a pleasure to read. Joe Congel asked me to read this, and I appreciate his patience as well. Honestly and with all warmth in my heart, this is the perfect book to start back with, because the themes were familiar and comforting to me. Mystery novels are books that I happen to enjoy so very much.

Let's go into my first impressions. I started this book before my break and then had it shelved for a bit. I picked it back up fr
Veronica Barton
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gruesome murder rekindles an investigation into a similar cold case from years before, bringing dashed dreams and broken hearts to light. P.I. Tony Razzolitto is brought in to assist in uncovering fresh clues, but when the lead detective is unreceptive to his involvement, will their clashes cloud their judgement, letting a killer run free once again?

Author Joe Congel gives us a chilling journey through the past and present as we meet the friends and families of the victims. Not all is as it se
Rob Horner
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Razzman just keeps getting better, earning his place in Private Detective crime fiction. It's one thing to be a writer whose name is recognized, and quite another to create a character whose name may end up with greater recognition, much in the line of Holmes, Pendergast, and Bill Hodges.

Rather than a personal story of growth wherein Tony pushes himself into the investigation of his wife's murder, here we see a man who knows his worth tackling a twenty year old cold case.

Almost as interesti
Luna Selas
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for Joe Congel’s Deadly Passion, the latest addition to the Razzman Files.

Using just enough procedural, Congel updates the gumshoe detective genre, modernizing the technology, while preserving the gritty noir.

Gruff but ethical, private investigator Tony Razzolito is a practicing contradiction—his hardboiled approach to bringing bad guys to justice is offset by his care and compassion for those he loves. Both traits invigorate and complicate Deadly Passion:

When Jennifer Peters’ mutil
Chris Pridmore
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Deadly Passion is a fast-paced crime fiction story. Although this is the second book in a series, it reads just a s well as a stand-alone story, which is how I approached it. The book has a small but strong cast of characters, with all of the main protagonists well written with distinctive personality and depth. The characters also have their own subplots, helping them feel more fleshed out and relatable.
The book is well written and edited which makes it easy to read and follow. Congel has a gr
Stefan McElvain
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from author Joe Congel. This isn't the first story I've read from the Razzman files...I enjoyed them all. What I like about these stories are the characters...you know Tony, he's real. This time he's looking into a cold case as a favor to the local police chief, Rita. Bodies keep piling up. There's conflict with the lead detective, Cahill, and the author keeps you in suspense as to 'who done it?'
There's even a twist at the end...that I didn't see coming.
An enjoyable read.
Jeff DeMarco
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The more I read about Tony Razzolito, the more I seem to like him. He’s definitely on par with some of the great detectives that Dean Koontz has written over the years. It’s also interesting to see how the author has grown technically and stylistically between book 1 and book 2. Keep writing great stories!
Joe Congel
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Beth Reuter
Apr 25, 2019
Peter
marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2019

• Texas Jewel (Broken Jewel Book 1)
  • TREAD: Fallen Nation
  • Gwen Slade, Bounty Hunter
  • Into Armageddon: An Apocalyptic Science Fiction Thriller (Ruler of Ashes Book 1)
  • Atlantis Through the Veil: Beyond II
  • Maitland '95
  • Kinnara
  • Sacrifice
  • DIVINE SOULS - All beyond proximities
  • Simon Meets World - Book One · Matchday
  • Poker Night (Sex Club Book 1)
  • Mermaids Marry in Green
  • BRIGHTNESS
  • Sarah's Song (Sarah, #1)
  • In All Innocence (The Innocent Mystery Series #4)
  • Corvus Hall (The Irish Phantom #1)
  • Unveiled: book two of the unbreakable series (Unbreakable, #2)
  • Captivated