Start by marking “Behind Me” as Want to Read:
Behind Me

Behind Me

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
I don’t even know who I am anymore.
Josephine… My birth name. The one my parents gave me and the one they can have. It makes me no difference.
Joss… That’s what my friends call me. I like it. It means they know me. Sort of.
Blue J… My stage name. It hides me when I need it to.
Bird… That’s what he calls me. And he’s the only one.

He gave me a new name. One that was branded on
Published May 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Behind Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind Me

J.B. Salsbury
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A contemporary romance that will remind you why you fell in love with the genre!

What I loved most about Piper Reagan's Behind Me was that is had that good ole romance feel... the page turning anticipation, the tummy flutters, the LOL moments, the twist at the end, THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL!

Behind Me brought me back to all the things I love about romance. Joss and Cain swooped in and captured my heart. I felt their hesitations, their frustrations, their all consuming love.

If you're looking for a st
Nina
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Piper Reagan and I loved everything about this book. A heartwarming contemporary romance that will completely draw you in from the very first page. One I connected with on a personal level and gave me all the feels. You can’t help but fall in love with Cain. He’s so dang sweet to Bird (Joss) and has a special way of making all of her worries disappear with words that will literally make your heart melt.

The prologue takes you back 10 years ago. Joss is a senior in high s
Up All Night With Books
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am truly lucky I got to read this book. There is something about it that just reached out and took hold. Behind Me by Piper Reagan, is the first in a stand alone series, and it has EVERYTHING. All the drama you could ask for, family, love, and self-inflicted. Friendship, surprise, and acceptance of circumstances. There are even some situations that some may not like. After the end I am left with a book hangover and wanting to read the next couple in hopes of glimpse of Joss and Cain.

Joss has
Shannon
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oooh snap!!! Piper did it again. She delivered us a story that sucked us in from page one and held our attention until the very last page. Her characters were EVERYTHING! Seriously, they brought the book alive inside in head. Ok now that I've gushed enough let's jump into the storyline.

First up is Josephine the heroine. OMG I fell deeply in love with her and I'm a straight mofo LOL. She was so damn real...like relatable and that's something I hardly find in novels lately. I feel like I could und
April Symes
Ms. Piper Reagan brings forth an emotional and deeply amazing first full length novel that draws you in from the first page and keeps you hooked until the very last page. Behind Me is a standalone series and tells the story of Joss and Cain. Joss has lost her way in life due to a terrible event 10 years past. The years since she has kept to her self mostly, with few friends and staying in an isolated manner. One night everything changes for her when she lands in the arms of a sexy stranger, Cain ...more
Claudia Baltazar Arensdorff
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Behind Me by Piper Reagan is such an amazing and captivating book, it just sucks you in from the first page. It was really hard to put it down, kept telling myself "one more page"....😂

Joss and Cain's story is such an emotional ride that you'll love at every turn of the page. Joss has such a hard time with her emotions, fear and insecurities. She is such a giving person too, loves to help those who need it. When she meets Cain she keeps encouraging herself to take the leap. Super happy that
Anja S.
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet and well-written story about pain, loss, fear, trust, and a beautiful love.
A love between two people that think - for very different reasons - they are undeserving of it.
It's a story about acceptance and support, about how letting go is a hard process but possible.
I liked this book for different reasons:
1. It is different to most of the books I normally read, mostly calm and careful instead of dark and brutal.
2. I found the characters very easy to relate to, not just the tw
Pawnie Santana
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Piper Reagan is a new to me author who I'm SO glad to have found! Her first full- length novel gave me everything I wanted in a book. Let's begin with Joss, shall we? Joss is about as wholesome and as they come. Beautiful on the inside and out and very talented. She's incredibly sweet and caring but she also struggles to be herself as well as placing trust into people because of her past.

Oh- and she lives in a CONVENT. But all that changes... When she meets Cain. It was lust at first sight and i
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 What An Emotional Roller Coaster Ride Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

The minute I read the prologue of this book I knew that this book was going to be an emotional ride. I mean Ms. Reagan hits you right in the heart from the get go. This is the story of Joss and Cain and how a life changing event brings two people together.

Joss is a young woman that when we first meet her broke my heart and when we see her several years later is still this beautiful but damaged woman that lives with a story
Maggie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first Piper Reagan book and now I’m hooked. Behind me is the first in a standalone series. It had everything that you want in a romance – electric sparks, angst, suspense, LOL moments and of course, sexy times. Piper magnificently brought out the characters of Joss and Cain. I can feel their turmoil, self-doubt, unfathomable love for each other. The storyline was something new and refreshing for me which I really enjoyed. The suspense about Joss’ secret kept me engaged, just when I th ...more
Tracey Laine
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
This book gave me all the feels! It definitely had me captivated from the start. I was so intrigued and wanted to know what had happened to Joss. Such a big decision at that time in her life where she wasn't given a choice and her opinion didn't matter.
I love how soft and sweet Joss is, although strong when it comes to what she went through. It was definitely painful at the fact that her parents gave her up so easily, people that are supposed to love you unconditionally.
Then along came Cain. Suc
Jacqui Norris
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book 10 stars, I would. What an amazing first full length novel from new author Piper Reagan. I thought her first book Fast Forward was good, but if she keeps going at this pace, she is going to have a incredible career as an author.

Josephine (Joss) has lost her way in life. From that fateful day ten years ago to now, she has kept herself isolated, only having a few friends. On a night out with the girls, she lands in the arms of a handsome stranger, Cain. A night of incredi
Becca
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read! I loved every minute and had a hard time walking away from the book. Piper Reagan is a new voice on the indie scene that I think is going to make it far. Her characters are endearing, real, fun and sexy. I laughed and cried with this book and can not wait for book two in the series.

Joss aka Bird is a little bit of a lost soul. Having been abandoned by her family and living in a convent for the past 10 years, she has only one purpose... until she meets Cain. The sexy prison gua
Lisa Stinson
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. Five stars just isn’t enough. It was beautifully written and truly perfectly done. I absolutely loved Cain. I thought he was the perfect hero for this book. I loved how he owned his strong and intense feelings for Joss, his Bird (and I loved this nickname for her).

Joss had so many things weighing her down and I loved how Cain truly brought out the best in her. She was a sweet person without him but she was remarkable with him. Their relationship and connectio
Shelly's Book Corner
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beth-s-reviews
Going to admit this but this is my first Piper Reagan book. And I am now addicted. Behind Me has all the feels of a great romance. Family, love, romance and finally learning how to spread your wings.

Joss’s childhood was taken away. Her parents abandoned her when she needed them the most. Joss had to figure how to live her life on her own. And not behind the walls of a secluded convent.

Cain has a demanding and stressful job while working for corrections on death row. He’s seen it all. And to le
G. Small
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

I voluntarily read this book, and my comments here are my honest opinion.

Adored Cain and Joss’s story of finding each other and seeing their chemistry ignite. They’re taking a chance on a one night thing but it’s not that easy when you discover you both have mutual friends and the sic sense that you both belong together. Their road to HEA is not for the faint hearted with all of Joss’s secrets. The secrets that Joss hold close can ruin their newly minted relationship but Cain is in deep and has
Karja26
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure and honour of reading an ARC of Piper’s #DebutNovel #BehindMe that #Releases on #May8th, it was simply amazing!

From the first page it has you by the throat and sucks you straight into this fictional world she’s written!

It’s a definite page turner and I just had to read more of what was happening between Joss & Cain 💗

This novel is about a girl who lost herself and is struggling to find who she is, and a guy who takes life because it’s his job as a Death Row Prison guard.
Romance
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!!

This book really needs more attention.

I can't get over the beautiful story that was discovered between the covers of this book. I picked it up and couldn't put it down. For my first Piper Reagan experience, I must say... I WANT MORE!!!!

Talk about talent! Seriously, I was blown away by the journey I went on. Cain, I oh so amazing. Josephine has had one sad little life and this man, this amazing man knocks her world completely off it's axis and he is blown away by this w
I Dont Get Sundays
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This story was super emotional. It was one with a little bit of everything. You will want to hug Josephine. You will want to cry with her. You will fall in love with these two. Josephine got a raw deal as a teenager. She had parents that were not supportive at all. She is hiding still though, she isn't living fully.
Cain has a hard job. A job that tortures his soul. As soon as he meets Josephine, his Blue J, he is calm. I loved the building relationship of these two. I loved watching these two d
Beenah (Next Chapter Book Blog)
I’m so glad I got a chance to read Behind me. It usually takes me a while to get into a book that I know nothing about. I’ve been going in blind lately and Behind Me had me hooked from the beginning. I think I highlighted 75% of the book.

I loved that both Cain and Joss had struggles and secrets to get through. The story was different and kept me wanting to read more. I was sad once I read “the end” but I’m happy with how the whole story came to be.

Congrats Piper! Great read!
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog  Synclare Moss
I saw a post today about this debut book. I was given a chance to read it.
Holy Moly!
If you are looking for a good contemporary angsty romance, this is all that and a bag of chips.
I absolutely loved this book. I want more. I will define buying and reading the rest of the series.
Kudos to indie authors!
Izzie d
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seriously loved this book. 💞💕💓

This author is new to me. From the prologue I was invested.

Cain and Joss are so amazing together.
Joss has so many issues and although Cain struggles to get things right he is so there for her.
Excellent secondary characters which could lead to future storylines.
Small amount of ex drama but no intimacy with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.

It's insta in the sense that they feel a strong pull to each other, that said the story is learning how to overcome things
Autumn Bryant
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Story

A beautiful story of family betrayal, heartbreak, and love. I was captivated from the first chapter until the last word.
Lisa White
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See my review under Up All Night With Books Blog
Becca
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-ive-arc
Wow. First time author for me, and it was fantastic. A book with all of the feels, covering all the spectrums with these characters, backgrounds and oh the emotions. Not gonna lie, couple of teary moments. Would most definitely like to continue the series.
Leslie
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down!

Piper Reagan knows how to write a good story! Romance stories often blur together and are pretty predictable for me but Behind Me is different. The story keeps you intrigued and wondering what comes next. The characters are fun and leave you wanting more. I can’t wait for the next book!
Erin
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Link to come
Franci Neill
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
To see my full review follow my blog My Girlfriends Couch https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...
Annissia
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story! I was lucky enough to win a copy and I just have to say that I can't wait for her next book to come out. You feel Joss' heartbreak and Cain's love for her! I seriously didn't want their story to end but happy they got their happily ever after.
Terri
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my cup of tea. It was a bit off to me and I didn’t really like the characters. I felt the story was rushed and her secret was sort of a let down.
« previous 1 3 next »
Piper Reagan is a wife, mom, dog lover, and avid reader. Her love for books led her to throw her hat in the ring and write one of her own. When she's not bustin' tail at her day job, she's sneaking in time to read and write, which has been her greatest escape from day-to-day stress.