Start by marking “A Touch of Frost (The Veil Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Frost (The Veil Book 1)

A Touch of Frost (The Veil Book 1)

Gideon Frost is the last survivor of Ravenwood, an orphanage scheduled for destruction at the hands of a vicious politician. Over the past century, hundreds of children have vanished, lost forever to witches who use their souls as fuel for life everlasting.

On the run and alone, he'll find help in an unlikely place, when the missing children reach out to him from the land
Published April 8th 2018

Rabid Reader
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing story of cruelty, greed, magic and survival. One with black art practitioners, trapped souls, a secret society, and a teenage orphan with hidden depths. The villains in this story are great, they are well fleshed out, suave characters that ooze wickedness. Socorro is one scary lady, she has no boundaries and will do anything and sacrifice anyone in order to gain power.
Gideon and Sammie have great potential but we have only just had a taste of their abilities in this first book. In
Shannon
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's a lot going on

This story is very fast paced. Love the story line. Did not get a huge impression on the characters, but I like what I have learned so far. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
A Touch of Frost is a super creepy story with plenty of greed and magic to go around. This is an intense story between good and bad, light and dark, and the battles between both. Gideon is the last orphan from Ravenwood and has been hiding since he “escaped”. He has barely been making it and barely getting by while hiding on the grounds of Ravenwood. Then one night, he has been found. But not just by anyone but by a ghost. Actually the ghosts of Ravenwood. He has never belonged to himself and ha ...more
Terri M.
I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of A Touch of Frost -- it was creepy, but not too creepy. The two storylines -- Gideon and the Society and Marina and the Witches caught my attention, but fell a bit short for me. Marina's coven and their evilness felt fleshed out. They were the type of villains you love to hate. Their bad morals and greasiness oozed off the page.

By comparison, Gideon and the Society sits nearly silent in the background. I struggled to understand Gideon's and the Society's purpo
Kcduchess
A Touch of Frost has been waiting on my Kindle for a while, and finally, I had time to sit down and read it. I wish I had done it sooner because I loved it!

The fantastic story Terry Maggert has written drew me out of my book funk and made me fall in love with fantasy all over again.

Ravenwood is the physical center point of the story. An orphanage with cruel hidden history.
"Ravenwood had, for most of its existence, been a place of pain."
Loc 124 Kindle edition

The truth has been drowned, but it r
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||

I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Terry Maggert!

This story is captivating and original. True to Maggerts previous works, the author weaves a tight knit story with no plot holes. This layered story takes the reader on an adventure from beginning to end.

This may sound weird, but I couldn’t help but like the villains... Yes, they are terrible beings, but they have charisma and they’re wit and drive is admirable.

The main character, Gid
Sara
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-booklist
It was beautifully written. The characters are great and easily liked, even the bad guys. It starts out a little on the slow side but that's pretty normal for most books, but hang in there and it just keeps getting better and better.

Umm, now I need book 2. 😂😂
Tracy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terry is such a fantastic story teller. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres and he gains my attention from the beginning. I was captivated by his characters and enjoyed the beautifully told story. I look forward to more from Gideon Frost.
Mommysmoose
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I met this author at a book signing that I went to and was intrigued by the cover of this book. I turned it over and read the back of it and instantly wanted to read it. I wasn't disappointed. The story about good and bad witches was really interesting. The characters were very easy to like. I can definitely see this book going further and am looking forward to reading the next installment. I absolutely loved it. I'm also going to look into this author's other books.
Hope Collier
Mar 24, 2018
Melissa Stoltz
Oct 11, 2018
Tammy Scheidt
rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2018
Jennifer Hernandez
Trisha
Mandy Haggard
Mar 18, 2018
Left-handed. Father of an apparent nudist. Husband to a half-Norwegian. Herder of cats and dogs. Lover of pie. I write books. I've had an unhealthy fascination with dragons since the age of-- well, for a while. Native Floridian. Current Tennessean. Location subject to change based on insurrection, upheaval, or availability of coffee. Nineteen books and counting, with no end in sight. You've been w ...more