Start by marking “Why I Trust You” as Want to Read:
Why I Trust You

Why I Trust You

(Why I #3)

Their past can bring them together…
...or it can haunt them.

Martin is a funny, larger than life guy.
Quick to help others with their pain, but hiding his own, his life consists of a string of break-ups.

Ryan needs a way to leave his abusive boyfriend.
Working with Martin is supposed to help him raise enough funds to escape. It’s just business. With an ocean between them, it co
Published April 23rd 2018 by Smudged Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Why I Trust You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why I Trust You

Start your review of Why I Trust You
Elsa Bravante
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Entretenido, pero las interacciones entre los protagonistas a veces parecen muy forzadas o muy mecánicas, le falta algo a la autora para transmitir que todo se desarrolla de una forma orgánica y para hacer sentir al lector todo lo que los MC dicen con sus palabras.
Uno de los protagonistas ha sido víctima de abusos en una relación anterior, es de agradecer que la autora no se recrea en el sensacionalismo y lo escabrosos, pero me han quedado muchas dudas.
Es un KU, se lee fácil y no está mal escrit
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

5 Stars

This book wasn’t always an easy read, the beginning especially, was very high angst and suspenseful. I kept having to close the book and take calming breaths, but the story was worth the anxiety.

I was intrigued by Martin when I met him in book two in the series, Why I Need You, he was an interesting character. A wealthy, funny, carefree playboy, who I desperately wanted to peel the layers from and get to know the real guy behind the persona, and that’s exactly what he did here. For as ha
Cadiva
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely my favourites in the series and the one with the least amount of angst and most focus on just the development of a loving relationship.

I liked that these guys talked to each other, there was no miscommunication or misunderstanding between Ryan and Martin. Their obstacles were practical and legal ones and it worked well.

Ryan's fears over having to rely on someone else were perfectly understandable, as were Martin's over people being with him for his money.

Together they were seriously s
Tanja
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, beautiful story. Heartbreaking, bittersweet, and full of hope. This author took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. This story made me feel so much sadness and anger and pain and had me crying more than once. But there are also so many beautiful, uplifting, and heartwarming moments, and thank goodness, they are in the majority. Five stars are not enough.
It is not an easy read. What Ryan went through with his controlling and abusive boyfriend is not for the faint of heart. I
Bárbara
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author via Gay Book Promotions*

I had fallen in reader love with Colette's writing style in Why I Left You; a while later, my admiration solidified with Why I Need You. By then I kept thinking "okay, I know this writing style clicks with me; what could possibly sweep me off my feet now? I know what to expect!" Evil laughter, past self. Present self is amused at your naïveté.

This book physically grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me for the few hours it took me to read it-
Terry
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why I Trust You by Colette Davison is the third book in the Why I series. You can find our reviews for Why I Left You and Why I Need You by following the links. Each one can be read as a stand-alone and is loosely tied together by recurring characters.

I started reading the Why I series from the very beginning and have followed Colette throughout the series. I fell in love with her writing from the first page. Each book is an amazing work of art and her latest release - Why I Trust You - did not
Dixiecowgirl
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hope,Trust and Love are all part of a good romance and this one is great! This story has all the feels for me!! My heart hurt for both men and then by the end of the story i was feeling their joy and excited about their future.

I love how there was connection from the first but they both took their time and let the romance build. I fell in love with both Martin and Ryan and was so delighted with the way they fit together.

The relationship was crafted beautifully and i loved that both men found w
namericanwordcat
I was reluctant to read this book at first because Ryan has a boyfriend when the book starts. But he doesn't, he has an abuser whom he leaves after a while and when his relationship with Martin is largely work related and long distance.

My favorite part of this romance is the realism of the obstacles facing the heros: the impact of the abuse, money, citizenship, distance, pride.

Martin gets frustrated with the slow pace of the sexual side of the relationship though he acts like a grown man about
Karolina Cebula
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

What a man who seemingly has everything could want? Martin is handsome, intelligent, generously "equipped" by nature and rich enough that if not for boredom, he wouldn't have to work at all. The problem is that all of his relationships end very quickly because every man he dates is more interested in his bank account than in him. After another breakup, Martin decides to stop dating and instead wants to focus on a game he wish to creat
Amy Dufera
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is a story of abuse, finding love and healing. It was vey well developed and it kept me intrigued throughout.

Ryan was in an abusive relationship. When he started talking to Martin about creating a video game, he was encouraged to leave his abusive boyfriend. Ryan lives in LA. Martin wants him to come to Europe to live for a while. That will help Ryan escape and they can work on their game together. Unfortunately, trying to leave an abusive partner is often not easy. Especially when it's one
Sarita Chapdelaine
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is a wonderful book and I love everything about it. It is well-written, has amazing characters and I could not put it down. The author gives an excellent and realistic portrayal of an abusive relationship and how impossible it can be for someone to leave safely. There are so many emotional moments and some very disturbing ones between Ryan and his abusive boyfriend Zane. Ryan is a beautiful soul and a talented artist but his self esteem and sense of self has been beaten out of him for the l ...more
Melanie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5

for the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-du3

From that review: " I am a real fan of this series by Colette Davison so I'm always excited to see a new one released. Why I Trust You is centered around Martin, friend of Noah and Fin from Why I Need You (a favorite story of mine).   Martin is well off, having managed his money carefully and invested wisely in new projects that pay off handsomely.  However, all his romantic i
Terri
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Martin has never found a lover who wants him for himself, rather than for his money. Ryan has been trapped in an abusive relationship, and needs to find confidence and independence. When the two men meet, first through email and phone calls, then later in person, they feel an immediate connection. This is the beginning of a lovely romance. We get to spend time with Noah, Fin, and Olivia, who were featured in Why I Need You, and they are great friends to both Martin and Ryan. Ryan's mother is als ...more
Alexleo
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book of the series “Why I...” and the hardest to read. The first chapters deal with an abusive relationship and I spent them afraid to turn page and read what Ryan’s boyfriend would do to him. Martin and Ryan’s relationship is sweet, and enables both of them to grow emotionally. Martin finds a scope to fight for and Ryan blossoms to the man he always should have become. So do not be deterred by the initial angst, but read on and you will be rewarded with a heartwarming HEA. Fin ...more
Ann
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This had me reading from beginning to end with hardly a break. My heart was in my mouth for Ryan wondering if his burgeoning relationship would be shattered if Zane ever found him. Would Martin be the saviour Ryan wants him to be? Would Zane get what was coming to him?
Such a page turner and a perfect addition to the series.
Dara Nelson
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
I’m torn on this one. I loved the story, adored both Martin and Ryan, but there were a few times where their story dragged endlessly. And there were also parts of it that I felt were unfinished (Zane). Ultimately a good story even if it did feel a little forced a few times.
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Martin is a wonderful character. He is caring and funny... wants love but hashadbad luck. Ryan is a strong character... he may have been through a horrible relationship but he is a survivor and wants to do things on his own. Together they are beautiful... sweet, sexy and strong. Their story will give you the feels.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
TopsieJ
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

Oh boy! Colette has again taken me to places I can thankfully only imagine, but her writing talent is such that these places appear so real. She helps the reader understand why people stay in relationships they know they shouldn't, but also shows the strength of character it takes to leave through loveable characters like Ryan and Martin. Heart break, anger, frustration, compassion, adoration and trust were just a few of the raw emotions felt while reading this amazing, unique story.
Wendy Ballard
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is Martin and Ryan story and it is pretty good even though they is a few places that you want to reach in the book and hurt Kane.
This book contains some physical abuse and ways to help I did love this book
Karen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This book didn't really work for me.

I didn't feel as if there was a true connection between the two MC's. I had real trouble finishing the book, because I simply didn't care enough about the MC's to see what happened to them.

Martin is a good guy, but at times a tiny bit too full of himself, and not always as considerate as he likes to think himself. Ryan went through a lot, and has very low self-esteem (understandably), constantly puts himself down... and I feel I should have cared for him more
Tony Williamson,jr.
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kleenex will be needed

This was a hard book for reasons. But also cathartic for me. So please do read the trigger warning. Ryan, to me, is like a Phoenix and rose far above the ashes left behind.
Zane Kage
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-75
Pam Hall
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet story

Sweet story but a slow read. Martin a good patient boyfriend, Ryan was such a wuss, I thought Martin needed to just be his friend.
Candice Frederick
Corrine
Apr 26, 2018
Charlotte Kane
Mar 29, 2019

• What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Without a Trace (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Then the Stars Fall
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • In This Iron Ground (Natural Magic #1)
  • Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Destiny's Bastard
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Honeythorn
  • His Fairy Share (Starfig Investigations, #3)
  • From the Darkness (Dragons' House #1)
I'm an indie author from the UK, who writes contemporary and paranormal M/M romance. My books have flawed characters, happy endings, and lots of heart.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: