Start by marking “Eagle (Linear Tactical #2)” as Want to Read:
Eagle (Linear Tactical #2)

Eagle

(Linear Tactical #2)

He’s fighting for what’s right.
She’s fighting just to survive…

When former Special Forces soldier Finn Bollinger is asked to help with a deadly government mission, he’s up for the task. His job teaching survival skills to civilians at Linear Tactical keeps him sharp, and he can still handle himself in the field.

But the Army damn well didn’t teach Finn how to handle Charlott
285 pages
Published October 30th 2018 by Calamity Jane Publishing (first published October 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Eagle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eagle

Start your review of Eagle (Linear Tactical #2)
Anita
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really, really, really like this book. The plot, the characters, the romance, the suspense - all work and work, well, really well. Having followed Janie Crouch from the beginning of her writing career, this book shows that some authors only get better with time and experience. While working within the single dad, second chance romance formulas, "Eagle" brings more than that to the reader. The story just works.

Charlotte Devereux is the town "Princess", a golden girl with wealth and beauty, and,
Dísir
What I’ve found so unusual about Linear Tactical is how Janie Crouch has found a way of getting her characters peripherally involved in huge governmental-level-type espionage incidents even if they aren’t actually neck-deep in the deep-end of things and jet-setting all over the world to prevent a nuclear meltdown. It’s romantic suspense done somewhat differently (there’s still plenty of action, deception and loose ends in the small place that they’re all based) and it’s something I’m new to.

Crou
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I’m addicted to this series!

I love a story I can get lost in and this, the second book in the Linear Tactical series, was exactly that! Something about this author’s writing style and characters clicked with me right away so to say I’d been stalking my kindle waiting for Finn and Charlotte would be an understatement…

“The world of Finn Bollinger and Charlotte Devereux did not mix.”

The author described Charlotte and Finn’s as wounded souls and it was easy to see the hurt and sorr
Clau
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
After finishing Cyclone, I wanted more of the characters, so I decided to go on with Eagle.
Finn hates Charlotte, the love of his life, because she married another man and broke his heart. The first time he sees her in years, he basically tells her to fuck off. In a really mean way.
But then, out of nowhere, he has a change of heart and accepts her as his son's tutor. The shift in his attitude was way to abrupt and unrealistic. It should have happened gradually.
Also, this book is way more predict
Big Joe  Rossi
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 was really, really good, book 2, this book was outstanding!

Charlie is back in her hometown but she is homeless and desperate. Her ex husband and his family are ruining any chance for her to have a career, she has a lead on a tutoring job and if it works this could be a fresh start to more work. When she arrives to meet her new potential client, a young boy named Ethan, what she doesnt expect is his dad to be Finn.

Finn is stunned when he learns that Charlie is the tutor recommended to him
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Eagle is an amalgamation of single dad and second chance romance with a dash of danger in the form of government traitor! Charlie and Finn were in love once. Then, suddenly, Charlie marries someone else and gives Finn no reason. Fast forward many years and Charlie is back in town, divorced, and looking for work. Finn is a single dad and still bitter about Charlie's behavior.

I really understood why Charlie wouldn't open up about her life. She had no reason to trust Finn and he certainly was
Elizabeth Neal
There are times, ones that can shatter your heart, when you must let someone you love go to save another. Charlotte knows all too well that pain. Years before, she and Finn were in love, planning their future, and nothing could stand in their way. Unfortunately, fate had a different plan and Charlotte had to let Finn go. She regretted the loss of what could be, but not the outcome of her actions as it gave her father the time and treatment he needed and otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Finn, howe ...more
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Charlie and Finn’s second chance romance came loaded with secrets, sexual tension, and a threat no one saw coming until it was almost too late...

Charlie was a tough nut to crack. She was feisty, smart, but holy smokes extremely stubborn! She was a hot mess over Finn and vice versa, but their past history was a big roadblock that could have been prevented by simply communicating in the first place. In her defense, I felt her decision to not marry Finn years before was born out of desperation, imm
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
I was excited to read this book. I really enjoyed Cyclone and I was eager to see what would happen next! I was not disappointed.

She sets things up with Finn and Charlotte in book one, giving us just enough to intrigue us. I was dying to know what the story with these two was and really enjoyed watching it play out.
I’m beginning to understand that Crouch likes to throw some twists and turns at us. We get a sexy romance, but she also delivers a fast paced mystery with some heart pounding action.

I’
Jo-Anne
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own
As soon as I saw the hero was an ex-Special Forces single dad, I knew this was my kind of book. Add a second chance romance and I couldn't start it fast enough. When a tutor was recommended for Finn's son, being a good parent, he immediately agreed. But the tutor turned out to be a girlfriend from his past and he wanted nothing to do with her. Understandable because he had expected them to spend their lives together but she married someone else.

I liked Finn. Not only was he a good dad but he was
Susan
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic second chance story with the added bonus of some gripping suspense. Charlie and Finn had been high school sweethearts, inseparable until Charlie suddenly decided to marry someone else. Devastated, Finn left town to join the military, later returning home to raise his son. He is one of the founding members of Linear Tactical and has made a good life for himself and his son. He hasn't seen Charlie since the day he begged her not to marry the other man.

Charlie's life is much different now
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I love a good second chance romance. Add in a single dad and that is just about a perfect read for me. This is the second book in the Linear Tactical series but can be read as a stand alone.

Finn and Charlotte have a history. True lovers but parted ways with broken hearts when Charlotte did what she had to do to help her family. Now she is back in her beloved home town and comes face to face with Finn when she is hired to help his son.

Lots of trust building before these two finally are at peace
Erin
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This is the second book in the Linear Tactical series. I had the pleasure of reading Cyclone as an ARC as well as Eagle. While this is the second in the series, it can also be read as a stand alone. Once again, this is a great read about second chance romance.

We were introduced to Charlotte and Finn in book one. These two characters have a lot of past to get over to get to their futures. I enjoyed the way this book tied in so nicely to the first book. I enjoyed seeing how the secrets that were k
Robyn
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eagle by Janie Crouch is the second book in the Linear Tactical series. I had the pleasure of reading Cyclone previously and loved every single minute of Anne and Zac’s story along with falling in love with all of the guys on the Linear Tactical team. So, it comes as no surprise that I was anxiously awaiting to get my greedy little hands on Eagle. This is the story of Finn and Charlotte who we met briefly in the first book of the series.

If you would like to catch up and read my review of Cyclone
Books and Spoons
He is a true alpha, a protective and fierce warrior who has a heart of gold, filled with kindness, understanding, and patience, especially towards his son Ethan, to whom he would do anything to help him succeed in life and to be happy. Except for letting Charlotte Devereux to tutor him with his reading disability. Because 'Charlie' is the last person he wants in their lives, she's just not be trusted, and he learned that the hard and humiliating way a long time ago.
Charlotte Devereux is at the
April Symes
Eagle by Janie Crouch is the second book in the Linear Tactical series.Charlotte Devereux and Finn Bollinger have a complex and painful history together. They were deeply in love high school sweethearts. He came from a working-class family while she from a rich, privileged one. Finn is still hurt that she went and got married to someone else despite his begging her to not do it.
These two shared such a passion and chemistry back in high school and college yet it all went wrong between them. Fast
Alex
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tracy Quoka
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for a voluntary and honest review. I was hooked on this series with the first book Cyclone. Eagle didn't disappoint. Although part of a series the books can be read as a standalone. You get enough information about the previous characters to know whats going on, and possibly intrigue you to read their story if you haven't. These are spicy romances with a bit of suspense as well.
In this book we meet Charlotte "Charlie" Deveroux who once was an item with Linear Tact
djc-
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finn and Charlie have a very complicated past and when they meet again years later they find that chemistry they once had is still there. Finn knows that Charlie is hiding something but she will not let him know what it is. He decides to find out for himself and is shocked at what he finds.

This is a great second chance romance that is heart warming but times also heart wrenching. Finn and Charlie have several problems and family issues to overcome. This turns into a page turner when you add in
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow! I was completely blown away with Finn and Charlie’s story. So, let me start with this:

Eagle had all my go-to tropes: second chance, romantic suspense and military, so I knew immediately I NEEDED to read this book.

My heart broke for Charlie from page 1....the perseverance she possessed was amazing. She sacrificed so much to make sure her family was a priority.

Finn was the love of her life but he was still dealing with the situation from their past, that he couldn’t see Charlie in the prese
Kari
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I really thought Cyclone, the first book in the Linear Tactical series, brought us a new facet to Janie Crouch's storytelling voice. I thought it would be hard to top. Her second offering, Eagle, surpassed all of my expectations. This one is an absolute home run! Charlie is a truly likeable character. I want to be her. Finn. Well Finn is a bit of a tough nut but he grows on you and you will soon find yourself half in love with him. The biggest selling point about this book was the character ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Melanie
(4 stars)

I really enjoyed this second instalment in the Linear Tactical series. Eagle is a second chance romance about team member, Finn/Eagle, and Charlie/Charlotte; his high school sweetheart that should have been his wife. They had split, in a very non-amicable way, 8 years earlier and now she was back in town. He remembers her as the rich Princess that broke his heart, but the reality of who she is now is far from what he thinks. Action, suspense, romance with some pretty s
Darcy
From when Charlie showed up in the last book I wanted to know what went wrong between her and Finn. As things were revealed it was about what I guessed, but what surprised me was that her parents let her, that seemed off.

I admired Charlie for going back to a place where she was looked at like a pariah and for doing what she needed to do, even as her life spiraled out of control. I was glad that Finn witnessed some things happening and did what he could to help her.

The drama at the end was crazy,
Julie Miller
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I'm loving Janie's LINEAR TACTICAL series! Charlie was a great, tough heroine who went through a lot to get to her happily-ever-after. But single-dad Finn was worth it. I love how connecting with his son was the way to connect to his heart. Steamy love scenes, too! (I did not read the "Mom-approved" version available on Ms. Crouch's website. ;) )
Margaret Yelton
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eagle is the second book in the Linear Tactical Series, just as the previous book this one draws you in from the beginning. I am a huge fan of suspense/thrillers and am so happy I have found this author. This book contains so many thing I love in a book military, second chance, romantic suspense. I would recommend this book to others.
BooksSaveMe
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars- read in one sitting
KDL editing
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

After reading Cyclone as part of an anthology, Janie Crouch has become my new one-click wonder. I've loved every single word!
Renee Entress
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, secrets, suspense, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Cyclone (Linear Tactical #1)

This is Charlotte and Finn’s story. Charlotte and Finn were in love and planning a future right up until Charlotte married another man and moved on. She is back in town and when she is assigned to help with Finn’s son he wants nothing to do with her or her help. Charlotte knows Finn hates her, b
D Call
Rating: R for sex, language, and violence
Sex: multiple scenes, plus she works in a strip club, though that's never described
Language: 11 F words, 60+ Lord's name in vain
Violence: mugging with a knife, attempted rape, kidnapping, arson, murder, torture, treason
HEA or Cliffhanger: HEA
Do I need to read books before this one: no. I can see there was a first book about Zac and Annie, but it didn't affect this story
Would I read more of the series: yes

"Heat had never been their problem. Not getting
Iman
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I remember liking this book, but cannot recall what the story is about 😂😂😂
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha, Gold Team #4)
  • A SEAL for Deb (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Fighting for Home Book 2)
  • Brooks (Gold Team #1; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • By Lethal Force (Away From Keyboard #5)
  • Justice For Angie
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
  • Rescuing Erin (The Red Team #5; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Rescuing Katherine (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #2)
  • Defending Raven (Mountain Mercenaries,  #7)
  • A SEAL for Candace (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Fighting for Home #1)
  • Taking a Risk: Part One (R.I.S.C. #1)
  • On His Six (Away From Keyboard, #3)
  • Second Sight (Away From Keyboard, #4)
  • Taking Liberty (The Next Generation #7)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • Jameson's Salvation (Gemini Group, #2)
  • Thaddeus (Gold Team #2)

"Passion that leaps right off the page." - Romantic Times Book Reviews

USA TODAY bestselling author Janie Crouch writes what she loves to read: passionate romantic suspense. She is a winner and/or finalist of multiple romance literary awards including the Golden Quill Award for Best Romantic Suspense, the National Reader’s Choice Award, and the coveted RITA© Award by the Romance Writers of Americ

Linear Tactical (10 books)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)
  • Angel (Linear Tactical #4)
  • Ghost (Linear Tactical #5)
  • Shadow (Linear Tactical #6)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Baby (Linear Tactical #9)
  • Redwood (Linear Tactical #10)