Start by marking “I Like You, I Love Her” as Want to Read:
I Like You, I Love Her

I Like You, I Love Her

4.84  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In a lot of ways, I was one of the lucky ones. My high school crush liked me back. It should have been magic and fire, but it was tragic and brutal. I wrote it that way, anyways.

His name was Bryan Winthrop. He was our high school basketball star. The prom king. The most beautiful boy I had ever laid eyes on. He liked me — the theatre geek who never should have caught his e
ebook
Expected publication: September 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about I Like You, I Love Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Like You, I Love Her

Ashley (5171MilesBooks)
Shelves: 2018
SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!
______

I Like You, I Love Her is the type of book I don't have words for, instead, I'm full to the brim with feelings and nostalgia. I have never read a book before that mirrored my high school existence quite so clearly. This book transported me back to one of the most tumultuous times in my life, almost as if I had teleported back ten+ years ago! All of the rawness, angst, and trivialities of high school came rushing back to me - things I had pushed from my mind or thought I
Talon
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, I went back and forth with my rating. 4 stars or 5 stars? What do I do? What will truly justify this book for the people who read my reviews? But the more I discussed the book, mainly with Jen, and the more I focused on writing my review and getting my feelings down, this book deserves five stars. Probably more than that.

Jen showed us a different side of her as an author, she went there for us. ILYILH was not poetic. Not to me anyways. It was not based around beautiful prose and lyrical wri
J.R. Rogue
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brand new novel based on real experiences from my High School years!

PRE-ORDER: https://amzn.to/2w9DBqh
ADD ON GOODREADS: http://bit.ly/ILYILHGR
VOTE FOR #ILYILH IN SEPT MOST ANTICIPATED ROMANCES: http://bit.ly/ILYGRVOTE
Alicia Cook
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Rogue's best novel. What is cool about my saying this is that it's also her most recent novel and, before this one, I thought her previous novel was her "best." This suggests that Rogue will keep writing stellar pieces. Not many writers can raise expectations with each new release without letting their readers down; and not just meet these raised expectations, but exceed them.

Her characters are flawed, honest, and thanks to her poetic background, speak in amazing dialogue that could also
Kayleigh
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has romance. But.

There is so much more to this story than romance.

The portrayel of a close knit circle of friends, bonds and strife between family members, personal growth.

And the damn double entendre of a title. Jesus.

Every time I finish a Rogue release I think she has made me feel all I can feel...

Then the next one digs that knife in a bit deeper.
Leila
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Like You, I Love Her, is one of those rare books, which weighs heavy on your mind, long after you’ve finished reading.

Captivating and poignant. A style, which is both powerful and sharp. Keeping your heart beating just a little bit faster, as you become engrossed in the nostalgia of it all.

It is so different from Kiss Me Like You Mean It, and yet the transition was flawless.

Jen has a talent for writing strong female characters. Ones, which resonate with me, and Severin was no exception. Smart,
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to put this book down. I love the chapters going from present to past, it definitely helped build the story.
Severin is such a strong character and I definitely I identified with her, especially high school years.
Ben, there’s so much I could say. Sigh.
Jen’s writing is always captivating. I want to devour her words.
Cynthia Rodriguez
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's something about Jen's writing that is both delicate and powerful. She's delicate in the way she leads you to her powerful messages. Little strokes of paint creating a masterpiece of a novel, full of colors; shades of light and dark.
One of my top reads this year.
Read this book and learn to let go of everything you thought you knew about loving others and yourself.
Krystle Able
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is rare in literature, in my experience, to meet (figuratively) an author who can create dynamic female characters that can relate to all women. I find myself consistently thinking "I remember when I went through that" "I remember feeling that way" "That was me ten years ago" "That's me now" "That's who I want to be" "I don't like her (because I do it too)" whether I'm reading Jen's poetry or her novels. This is Jen's fourth novel and whether I am reading Sera, Kat, Gwen, or now Severin, I fe ...more
Melissa Hawkins
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This book hit the suffocation nail of small town living right on the head and is easily a 4.5 star read! I grew up in a small, rural, midwestern town very similar to the one portrayed in I Like You, I Love Her. Severin’s story whisked me right back to my childhood, my high school days, and all the challenges that come along with growing up in a little town
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
Oh this book...I was captivated by it. I could not put it down. It sucked me in and made me feel ALL of the feels from High School to becoming a young woman. It's nostalgic, emotional, brilliant and beautiful - and I would not expect anything else from JR Rogue.

JR Rogue writes her novels as she does her poems - they are raw, real, and relatable. I absolutely loved how this book was written - going back and forth from the present to the past. It keeps you turning the pages faster than you want t
Misty
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are few authors I have read that can write a female character that can truly relate to females at different levels in the same book. Rogue is one of those few authors. I have found in all her novels that each one of her females pulls at me in some way. She makes me relate to them in a way that I can't ever not pull for them to "win" in the end.

Severin was a bit different for me in that she pulled at more than just one part of me throughout this book. If I had to guess she sunk her claws i
Christina Hart
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I will always be the lesser, the one who ran away before her heart could be thoroughly shattered. States and miles cannot cure you of this kind of harrowing shadow. I buried this for years. I manipulated our story, wrote it out, changed the dates and the ending. It's the only way I could stomach it all. The only way I could get through the days, the endless expanse of healing set out in front of me. I took another path. I avoided it. You need closure in your life, and I chose the open wound."

I
Shelly Tooley
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish that I was as talented with words as Jen is, so that I could give a review worthy of this amazing book. To me, it was very powerful. Her messages really get to you. I really loved this book!

Severin, the main character, is intelligent, funny, stubborn, caring and she isn’t afraid to get what she wants. I totally have moth flutters for Ben. The way Jen portrayed Ben was so refreshing. The world needs more men like Ben.

I loved how she alternated the POV’s from past to present. I think that
Sonya aka bookobsession83
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jen is proving to be such a talented author aside from her poetry.
Once I started ILYILH I didn’t want to put it down.
I really enjoyed the past and present perspective from this book. It made the build of the book so much more for me.

Severin - I loved her! She was strong, witty, knew what she wanted and wasn’t going to let anything stop her. She may have been shy in general but once she had something to say, she didn’t hold back.

I know Bryan, Severins high school crush was a main part in this st
Shasta
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jen articuled the perfect balance between love & loss within the pages of this book. I love how she dragged me back to my high school years. Her words, even the circumstances, hit me so deep. I couldn't put it down. & how I felt as if I was her friend. It was as if she was just showing me everything about her life, that was definitely my favorite part. Before I even finished reading it, I was antsy about a sequel. I'm not sorry I begged Jen. Not even a little bit.♡
But really though. You
Elizabeth Swain
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book that makes you feel everything! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic's Read

Laughter, first love, unrequited love, tragic loss, life changing grief, a father's love, family bonds, friendship, and souls mating. This is all you get in this book. This book has everything, I was in tears by the end! When you think a book will take you on one direction only to find something greater!
Julie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how J.R. can pull you into a story and keep you there. This book has so many emotions, some good and some bad, and I loved it. I love how beautifully written and in depth it is. I highly recommend this book.
JL
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, arc, 5-stars
rating and review to follow.
Briana
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not going to lie you guys- the first chapter or two made me a little nervous. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get into this book and love it as much as the others. I am not sure what it was that made me hesitant. Maybe it was because I knew the topic before hand and I was a little worried about it coming out a little juvenile for Jen but as usual Jen brought it hard.

This book is so much more you guys! It is a beautiful story of growth and brings the reader back to a time that was hard f
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
I’m having a hard time reviewing this book. My feelings are mixed to how I feel. I know for sure it was a 4 Star read just for the emotions it pulled from me and how I couldn’t put this book down. How I’m still thinking of it a full 24 hours later.

I loved Sev and hated her at the same time. I’ve been Aurora. The girl that was cheated on. The girl that loved a boy so much that she forgave him for everything including things that should never be forgiven. I’ve been Sev too. Pining for a boy that
Andrea
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy in exchange for my honest opinion*

Really, this was a 3.5 star for me. I'm not sure how to feel after reading this. It was such a sad but life affirming read for me. I could relate to how Sev felt, especially in high school. I enjoyed the glimpses into the past while reading about the present. However, it read more like a series of diary entries to me. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was just different writing than what I am used to. I should point out that this is the
Lisa
Sep 15, 2018
Sabrina Lindsey
Sep 02, 2018
Holly M
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t yet read JR Rogue, this book would be a great place to start. Severin and Bryan’s story filled me with a nostalgic ache that is tough to recreate, and I can attribute it to the fact that Rogue’s portrayal of high school and unrequited love was as realistic as it was emotional. The way the title ties into the story, both past and present, was an added bonus. Without spoiling anything, I’ll leave you with this: this book was pure fictional magic.
Denise Marie