Start by marking “My Unexpected Love (Beaumont - Next Generation, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Unexpected Love (Beaumont - Next Generation, #2)

My Unexpected Love

(Beaumont: Next Generation #2)

Ben Miller met the love of his life the day he crossed paths with Elle James in their high school cafeteria. New to Beaumont, he took a chance when he approached her. Their first encounter was everything his mother ever read to him about fairy tales. He saw the girl who would be his forever.

From the moment Elle James met Ben Miller they’ve been best friends. Everything
Published April 12th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

Start your review of My Unexpected Love (Beaumont - Next Generation, #2)
AJ

This is the second book of the Beaumont - Next Generation series, giving us the story of Elle Powell-James (daughter Harrison & Katelyn from My Unexpected Forever), and a slightly angsty but ultimately sweet friends-to-lovers story.

This book follows on from Holding Onto Forever, and there are spoilers for that book in this one, as well as some already-established build-up, so be aware that though this could be read as a standalone, it’s best read as part of the series.

Elle has
Heroesinbooks
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is the second book in this series that follows the next generation of the Beaumont families as they cross the bridge to adolescence into adulthood. This time we get to know Elle, the other twin daughter of Harrison & Katelyn.

Elle is attending college at UCLA, alongside her best friend Ben. She lives with her step brother Quinn and she definitely enjoys the social aspect of living away from home. In fact, she probably over indulges more than she should and her grades are suffering.

When
Darcy
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I don’t think I’ll ever get tired reading the Beaumont series. And I love reading about the kids living life and finding love. Elle didn’t appear much in Holding onto Forever. I think Ben appeared more often than she did. I loved Ben in that book and I love him even more in this one. He’s so sweet and so absolutely in love with Elle. I wanted to shake him a couple of times and say, wake up! Follow your dreams, not someone else’s! At the beginning Elle is so self absorbed, she definitely does not ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

I love when authors give us MORE to a series. This is the second book in the Next Generation series spun off the fabulous Beaumont Series. The kids a re grown up and getting into trouble all on their own!

Elle James has had her share of tragedy in her life--loosing her father and almost loosing her twin. But she has a strong family and extended family who have helped heal those wounds. Well, maybe she isn't quite healed.

Elle's best friend Ben has been around since high school and has
Veronica LaRoche
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal read that will definitely pull on your heartstrings. Ben & Elle go from best friends to lovers but the road to get to their HEA wasn’t easy. Reading their story will have your emotions all over the place. When you start reading you will want to yell at Ben & Elle at how stupid they act sometimes and then cheer for them because they finally are on the same page. You definitely will not want too put this book down once you start reading. I can’t wait to read Quinn’s book.

I
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description

3.5 Stars!

About My Unexpected Love:

Ella has hit a rut in her life. After her identical sister almost died, she's found it hard to move on from the tragedy even though Peyton has survived. Ella spends her night'spartying and it shows in every aspect of her life, including the relationship between her and her best friend Ben.

Ben has loved Elle since the moment he saw her, his greatest fear is Elle's rejection if he ever were to come clean. When wires cross on the night of Ben's birthday party, Ben
Anne OK
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Returning to these beloved characters was a treat. I loved the original series and now that I’m deeply entrenched in the next generation, it’s so much fun to return for time with much loved characters in both the Powell-James families.
Michella
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great yet angsty read by Heidi McLaughlin. One incident is someone’s greatest wish, until it backfires... When you realize you’ve lost something you’ve always wanted. Elle spirals out of control until she hits rock bottom, and finally figures out how to redeem herself. Ben, such a sweetheart, realizes he needs to live his dreams and letting go has possibilities. Love this series.
Nancy Metsch
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** Spoiler free review**
As much as I loved this book, this is going to be a tough review. Not a bad one just tough. Elle Powell-James is a puzzle. When you first see her, you see a beautiful popular girl. But on the inside that girl is so lost. Even more so after her sister's accident. So she tries to numb away the pain. I wont say what she does, but I will say it has everyone worried. The one whose the most worried is Benjamin Miller..AKA the best friend. Who has been secretly in love with
Mara De Guzman
I don't think I've rated any books by Heidi a 3-star and I am sad about this. I just didn't feel the spark and burst of emotions I've felt from the Beaumont series to this new generation and I am one reader who absolutely craves for the "next generation" in all series that I love.
April Symes
This is the second book of the Beaumont - Next Generation series. This is the story of Elle Powell-James ( she is the daughter Harrison & Katelyn from My Unexpected Forever) and this is a friends to lovers story. This book follows on from Holding Onto Forever, and there are spoilers for that book in this one so if you haven’t read HOF then I would caution you and suggest you read HOF first before reading on. This can be read as a standalone but if you do not like spoilers and like keeping ...more
Becca
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart broke for Ben in this book... just broke in half. He's been in love with Elle since the day he met her as a kid. He's always been there for her, her best friend, her confidant. The only problem is that Ben is hopelessly in love with Elle and she's kept him in the friend zone with no end in site.

After Peyton's accident, things shifted but not for the good. Elle has gone off the deep end and the only way to save Ben's heart is to pull away from Elle. He will never be the man of her
Love N. Books
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
ellie's $0.02:

We continue on with more Beaumonts and it never gets old. This is Elle and Ben's story.

While Heidi's storytelling and writing never gets old for me. Elle and Ben are not my most favorite characters. Elle is kinda selfish. Ben is kinda too sweet. Both play games and miscommunicate to no end that could have resolved everything. But then again, had that happened we wouldn't have had their story.

It's still emotional. It's still all-Beaumont. It's still a super enjoyable read.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this one. Elle and Peyton are twins. Elle is the party girl. She's sometimes is a mess and sometimes makes poor choice but that's what makes her character seem real. Ben has been Elle's best friend forever. He wants more but she has friend zoned him. I was frustrated for Ben and so rooting for Elle to wake up and notice that there was a great man in front of her. This one has up and downs and is an emotional read.
Karen
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it

I was soooo ready to see Ben and Elle's story. I wanted to give this five stars, but you'll read why I didn't in my review below. Four stars is nothing to spit at though!

Since Peyton's accident (see Holding Onto Forever ), Elle's life has been in a downward spiral. So much so that her family has staged a mini-intervention. Nothing like the ones you see on TV, just each member approaching her and telling her that her behavior needs to improve, or her future will suffer.

That includes her BFF
Shirin Rasheed
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Beautifully written Young Love Story. I Love Beaumont series and My Unexpected Love was a Page Turning Read. I Loved Ben So Much.

I Highly Recommend this Book Enough to Readers. Read this Book right now.
Luchi Rzezak
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I will never ever get tired of reading about Beaumont, and I really like Ben and Elle but I didn’t feel a conextion with them, even though I read a book in one day. I expect in the books to come I will see their love develop more deeply and not kind of rush (by Elle’s side).
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything there is about this book
This is the second book about the second generation of these people and I am loving to see them growing up.

Elle and Ben have grown up together as beat best friends they have done everything together and starting their adult lives is the same but tragedy almost hits home for Elle and Ben is there but their relationship takes a different turn and can their relationship survive?
Nicolena Salerno
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment of the Beaumont Next Gen series! Elle grew up differently than I had imagined, but it was good! Ben was a get addition to the story. He’s perfect for Elle!
Shannon Diaz
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars * Beyond saddened I’m not loving the the 2nd Generation as much as I loved the first Generation Beaumont Series! This is my second read in the new series, and I’m just not feeling it.. it’s a sad day for me with such high hopes for this series! I was also a bit surprised with all the errors too..
Sandy S
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 12, 2018

From the moment Elle James met Ben Miller they’ve been best friends. Everything they did, they did it together, from late night study sessions, family
J.E. Benoit
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict. A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

“I’ve been under you, your spell, or whatever it’s called, since freshman year. And honestly, I’m glad I have, but moving forward, I’d love the chance to put you under mine, to show you what kind of man I am.”

Ben Miller was smitten with Elle James the moment he set eyes on her back when he was the new kid at her high school. They became quick friends and have been through all
Books Laid Bare
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book in the series that gives us a peek into the lives of the kids from the hugely popular Beaumont Series but now the kids are all grown up, striking out into the big wide world and spreading their wings, but were they living the lives that I as an avid fan of the original series, had hoped they would?
The book revolves around Elle, twin sister of Peyton (and I must admit I liked the fact that the author gave us more of Peyton and Noah in this story too) and daughter of Harrison (who
Christie72
~4.5 Stars~

Heidi McLaughlin was one of the very first Indie writers I read, and My Unexpected Love is exactly why she still remains one of my favorite writers. Her books are always heart melting and filled with so much emotion.

I remember Elle and her twin sister, Peyton, when they were just kids. I adored them like everyone else did. Now, both are on the cusp of becoming adults. I have to be honest and say I had mixed feelings about Elle. I knew she had been through a lot recently, but I found
Stephanie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s funny how the most important part of your life is standing right in front of you…you just have to turn around…..

Heidi McLaughlin brings us the next generation of The Beaumont Series. This is the second book in the spin-off. Although it is a standalone, I recommend that you read book #1 Holding On To Forever first because it has a lot of the back story and details. It will give you a better understanding of some of the characters and what they have experienced. This is Elle & Ben’s
Tina
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a change of pace for the overused manipulative ex and fake pregnancy trope we've seen in nearly every Beaumont universe book.

Elle Powell-James is a mess. After nearly losing her twin in a car accident that rings similar to the one that cost them their father as children and after saying goodbye to her and trying to get Noah to do the same; Elle isn't coping. And no one notices until she self-destructs in a haze of alcohol binges, public behaviour she used to mock and declining
Selena Lanovara-scott
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Friends to Lovers can it work. I felt for Ben how could she be so blind. I get Elle was messed up but what a horrible thing she did. I was so TeamBen in this book. I love his bro Brad I want his story something good is there him and Quinn.

Ben Miller loved Elle since they met. Now hes tired of being in the friend Zone and watching her Self-destruct. After his birthday the next morning his whole world changed and hes done being her whipping boy. He decided to take the internship in N.Y and
JoAnna G
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the Beaumont Next Generation series. This book is the other twin, Elle the kids from the original series. Now, I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about reading about the kids as adults. I have not missed a single book in either series and I refused to start now. I was on pins and needles for Peyton and Noah’s story. I knew there would be heartbreak and tears and tissues. I was not wrong. This book was just as amazing and awesome and every word you can think of. How the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love Again (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • Best I've Ever Had (Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach, #3)
  • Jacob's Ladder: Eli (Jacob's Ladder, #2)
  • Blind Love (Cowboys and Angels #5)
  • Stay with Me (With Me In Seattle, #9)
  • Desired (Wanted, #6)
  • Infinite (Salvation, #7)
  • Forever Lucy (Lucy & Harris, #5)
  • Perfect Love Story (Love Story, #1)
  • This Love (Cowboys and Angels #6)
  • Broken Love Story (Love Story, #3)
  • Tainted Heartbreak (Tainted Knights, #3)
  • Unexpected Love Story (Love Story, #2)
  • Love At First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)
  • The Wright Love (Wright Love Duet, #1)
  • Reckless Love (Cowboys and Angels, #7)
  • Straight Up Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #2)
  • Adore Me (Austin Singles, #3)
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels,

Beaumont: Next Generation (4 books)
  • Holding Onto Forever (Beaumont - Next Generation, #1)
  • Chasing My Forever (Beaumont: Next Generation, #3)
  • Fighting For Our Forever (Beaumont: Next Generation #4)
“She’s my lifeline, my best friend. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for her, and if she knew how I felt, she’d crumble. The last thing she would ever want to do is hurt me.” 0 likes
“There’s no turning back, Elle.”
“I want this, Ben.”