Start by marking “Hear Me Cry” as Want to Read:
Hear Me Cry

Hear Me Cry

What would you sacrifice to protect the ones you love?

Isla is a warrior of the Summer Court. She has one mission, to keep humans out of Faery. Kill them on sight. When she inadvertently saves one and triggers the mating bond, she sets in motion a series of events that will change her life forever.

On the run and hiding from her own people, Isla must protect the one thing sh
Published May 16th 2018 by Amanda J Evans

To ask other readers questions about Hear Me Cry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hear Me Cry

Maria
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a short story.
I liked the book and read it in one sitting.
I always enjoy how the bonds work on paranormal book. And this one was very interesting.
I liked that the MC love was so strong.
The story breaks my heart at some point, but thank God we have a happy ending.
I
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve read another story by this author and although Hear me Cry is not a genre I usually read I found myself really liking this book.

I really enjoyed the story of how the banshee came to exist. Isla is a very likeable character and I was really hoping she could find happiness.

If you like fantasy reads then I’m sure you’ll enjoy this quick read. I read this in one sitting and really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.
booksofallkinds
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HEAR ME CRY by Amanda J Evans is a short story that packs an emotional punch and is a must for fantasy fans who love a good story.

When Isla breaches the veil between the faery and human world to save a human, she begins a journey that will both break her and make her. For in the arms of the man she saves she finds her soulmate and they are bound together by magic and love. But their love is forbidden by the fae and they will hunt them down to the ends of the earth to eke out their punishment. As
Mandy
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this paranormal novella from a new to me author.

This book contains all that you would expect from a fairy fae story and so much more. The bond that was formed should not happen and the joining that followed on was not allowed. This couple would be in trouble from the start and I couldn't wait to find out how they would fare against who were now her enemies.

A truly entertaining novella retelling how the banshee came to be.

A great ending!

Well done Amanda J. Evans
Ana McCormick
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from Amanda Evans. Though this isn't a genre I would venture out and read, it really captured me. She can keep you wanting more and delivering!! I have read a couple books on Irish folklore, but nothing on the banshee. Evans gave us fear, anxiety, love and a HEA!!! I went from smiles to tears in this book as the message at the end hit home! (It's hard to get tears from me also). Evans hit my heart and I will definitely be reading from her again.
Samantha Smart
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. it was a love that should never existed but did and a curse that turned to a gift... it made laugh and cry. A talented writer that can capture your imagination and intwine it with her own. I recommend this book. My only down side if it could be called one is it could have become a longer story but i still loved it !!!
Morgen
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast paced with interesting characters and a great fantasy storyline that I loved to see unfold. It’s set in Ireland. A new spin on an old tale.
Amanda
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A banshees scream

Hear Me Cry is a short Novella by Amanda J. Evans that features Isla, a Fae warrior of the Summer Court, who has sworn to protect Faery and her people from the humans.

While on patrol on the Northern border, which is normally quite, she is faced with a life or death situation, in which she has to choose whether to save a wretched human or let him perish. Her decision comes much easier than expected and almost instantly, she regrets it.

Sean, a simple human, nearly dies in freak a
Sherry Koch
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I absolutely loved this! I have read a few stories based on Irish or Celtic myths, but never has the story of a Banshee been told so beautifully. This story said a few things that are really close to my heart; the power of love is really one of the strongest things known to man, as is the will to protect those we love no matter what comes and most importantly spend time with those who are important to you, you never know when it may come to an end. I also love the idea of being able to sa ...more
Claire Youmans
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Hear Me Cry by Amanda J. Evans. It’s a short, perhaps novella length. I got a review copy, but Evans has a new fan in me, so I’m happy to write this and will look for more of her writing.
She writes like a pro, fluidly and well. She constructs the story solidly. It’s engaging and uses legend to good effect. I like her world building and the complexity of the characters. I understand she’s also a poet. I can tell that by her generally excellent use of words if no other way. I’d lik
Ebony
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a beautiful and haunting story. Isla and Sean’s story is one of passion, love, tragedy, and so much more. I loved reading along with this story and seeing how the love and passion that these two shared transcended everyone and everything....including death.

Amanda J Evans has given her readers a quick read that pulls us in from the very beginning and does not let go...even after the last page has been read.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great story. I look forw
Tori Arwood
Pat Freeman
loved it !

Isla is a fae warrior trained to hate and kill humans. Sean is a human that nearly drowns and Isla saves hi. This is a story of love and devotion. Love hate, sorrow, joy and some intimate moments. Irish folklore of the fairy turned banshee and how it came to be. Amanda Evans did a really good job of telling this story . The story line was good for a novella and the editing good. I will read more of her works and look forward to a full novel from her. ....pat.....

I was given this book a
Sally
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hear me cry by Amanda J. Evans

I am not a big fan of paranormal books, but I really enjoyed this book.
The plot is great, it draws you in ... it kept my interest throughout the book.
The writing is flowing, and the characters are described in a way you can feel them.
Their story is not suppose to happen, but eventually the end provides a good closure.
It's a short novella, and I think it could have been a full length story.
Looking forward to reading more books by this author.
Rhonda Hensley
First book I've read about Banshees definitely worth the read. A forbidden love, forbidden baby. death, torture and love. Very well written story line kept me glued to find out what would happen next. Definitely put a new spin on my thoughts of banshees. If you aren't going to read it now it should be on your TBR list. Can't wait for the next in this series.
Mawgan Dipple
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an arc and this is my volunteered review. I loved it, a mythical take of love, death and acceptance. This book tore me apart as some of it hit home personally. I felt the pain and suffering Isla went through, but love wins out and what was once a curse became a gift. Great book well worth the read.
Kelly
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This was such a wonderfully written and beautifully told story. I have never heard the story of the Banshee told with such love and thoughtfulness. It was an enchanted twist of a story told so many times before. Isla and Sean were bonded and endured everything that was thrown at them.
Amy Cecil
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. I'm not a huge paranormal fan, but this love story was so off the charts that it totally kept my interest throughout. It was a short read, finished it in one day. The only downfall to this book is that I just wish it would have been longer as I found myself wanting more. I would highly recommend this book.
Julie  whitsett
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story of love, birth and death. Cursed for loving a human , Ilsa and Sean find their way back to each other.
Marylou Arriaga
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It is so descriptive and it has a great love story that survived rough times. It made me cry in some parts but it shows that loves conquers all.
Amy Corbitt
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many stories about the birth of the banshee. I love this one the most. Had me in tears when she was able to break the curse and live. Awesome read
Vickie Beams
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely amazing story! Having Irish ancestry I loved this telling of the banshee! This book is awesome!
Melanie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
You don't see very many banshee stories, so this was a nice start to filling that void.
Michaela
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Having never heard of the author before I was completely neutral starting this novella. I found it engrossing and very emotional towards the end. I love the twist on the Bean Sidhe and this could easily be the reason behind it. I can see a series coming from it if thought out well enough. Would recommend this read but if you are any bit emotional, I suggest not reading it in public. A good short read.
Heather R Callahan
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love finding new authors, and Amanda will be added to my favorite list. I loved this book. I love the characters and the bond they have. While this was a short book, it was great to read.
InD'tale Magazine
Amanda J. Evans lights it up in this tormenting and haunting love story that grabs the heart and soul.

Read full review in the 2018 July Aug issue of InD'tale Magazine.
S.K. Gregory
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting take on the origin of the Banshee. A young Fae is bonded to a human and ends up cursed. An enjoyable read.
Michelle
Hear Me Cry is my first book by this author and I loved it! This is a quick read but it had me completely captivated from the first page until the last. Love Isla and Sean and the journey they go on. I will definitely be looking for more books by this author.
Cristine Hand
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For a novella it's a heartfelt story of a woman who was ripped away from her daughter and silenced over time from her mate. It is a wonderful short read and would be a wonderful start to a series if it were turned into a series. I loved it and looking forward to seeing what the author has instored for us readers.
Stephanie N
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely enjoyed this book. I usually do not read paranormal books. However, this novella captured my attention from the start and kept it all the way through. Her characters are well developed and the story is well written. Ms. Evans did a fantastic job writing about Irish and/or Celtic Myth. The imagery was spot on and several times I could picture myself leaving the veil, entering the cabin, and traveling into the village. I felt the ending was good, but I would have like to seen more. Ov ...more
Amanda J Evans is an award-winning writer of paranormal and fantasy novels as well as children’s stories. Amanda lives in Oldcastle, Co. Meath, Ireland with her husband and two children. She was published in several journals and anthologies in 2016 and 2017. Her first novel Finding Forever won Best Thriller in the 2017 Summer Indie Book Awards and her second novel Save Her Soul won Silver for Best ...more