Start by marking “Windswept: A Short Fairytale” as Want to Read:
Windswept: A Short Fairytale

Windswept: A Short Fairytale

Princess Zhenya is in love with the rain.

Heir to a century-old curse, she spends her life in royal captivity lest she be carried away by the wind. Her one solace is Yori, the handsome storm wraith who comes to her window on rainy nights. But he can never be part of her constrained palace life, where she must tread cautiously and follow the rules.

On the eve of an arranged m
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2018 by Sarah Delena White

To ask other readers questions about Windswept, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windswept

H.L. Burke
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got a chance to beta this and really enjoyed it. It's a satisfying tale that manages to be both emotional and breezy with some wonderful imagery. Definitely worth a read.
Laura A. Grace
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT story!! I immensely enjoyed it so much and thought it was beautifully (and powerfully) written. The characters were extremely engaging and brought out “the feels.”

Definitely one of my favorite reads for the 2018 year and want to get this in paperback ASAP.

Now that I’ve said a “formal” review, I will say that I have gushed about this story so much to my husband! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!

It is definitely not your average princess story and just adored the twist at the end. Plus, e
Perry
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So sweet!

Beautiful writing. I’m sitting here trying to decide if it’s allegorical for anything and deciding I don’t give a darn if it is or isn’t. It’s a sweet story and I enjoyed it.
Risa Campbell
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want more from this world! Read it in under an hour and everything was so captivating i wanted more.
Janeen Ippolito
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful novelette I had the pleasure of beta reading. Great balance of feels, poetry, and action.
Amelia Nichole Defield
A lovely short story about empowerment and love. I felt like this short story could be right there on the shelf with other traditional fairy tales. I can't wait to read this authors main series. :D
Serethiel

An interesting premise, but Windswept fell a little flat for me. I felt like the story had a lot of potential, but was, in a way, rather anticlimactic. That's not to say that others won't enjoy it, though! Sarah Delena White is a very talented author, and I can't wait to see what else she has in store! ^_^
R.J. Rodda
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great romantic story. A princess wrestles between saving her people and herself or marrying the wraith she has grown to love.
H.S.J. Williams
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairy-tales
It was pretty amazing how well Sarah Delena White wrote such a satisfying and epic romantic fantasy in so little a wordcount. The tale is quite lovely and definitely worth buying! I am always eager to see more from this author.
Rachel Lightfoot
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautifully written - the story simply flows. I can't believe I went through it as quick as I did!
Honestly I feel the story easily could have been longer, and almost wish it was. I say almost, simply because it does flow and reads extremely well, but I would have loved to have a bit more than a brief snapshot into this world.
Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed this read, and will be adding the author to my watch list.
Sharon Rose
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Windswept pulled me in from the very beginning. The characters (including the villain) were engaging with realistic motives. It was a quick, fun read with a satisfying conclusion. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Noh
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick read and, to be honest, better than I thought it would be. I didn't have to wade through chapters of backstory to empathize or even like the characters. The connection was there from the beginning. Hope there are more stories like these to come.
Becca
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet short fairy tale

This sweet, short fairy tale is an imaginative, elemental love story. A perfect little read for a rainy, stormy night.
Laurie Treacy
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Beautifully written, engrossing, and a quick read.
Jameson
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Windswept is a fun, romantic tale of forbidden love and a curse that has threatened a family for generations. Zhenya and Yori share a sweet bond in spite of all the things standing in their way. The mythology in Windswept is intriguing and refreshing, and I loved the twist behind the curse.
Janine
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Windswept is loosely based on the ballet Giselle, where a young princess, Zhenya, is trapped inside her castle, with Yori’s visits being the highlight of her life. However, on the eve on the marriage that would end his visits forever, she takes a risk to reach outside to him, with major consequences to her life. I adore Zhenya and her struggles as she deals with what’s going on and stands strong as she makes her final choice. Yori is awesome too, caring for Zhenya and her well being no matter wh ...more
Bryn
Jul 25, 2018
Nov 25, 2018
Karla
Nov 06, 2018
Sarah Delena White was raised by wolves in an alternate dimension. She writes eclectic speculative fiction that reworks mythology with a fine balance of poetry and snark. She’s an experienced world traveler who loves to weave world folklore and ancient concepts into vibrant, original story worlds. She is the administrative manager for Uncommon Universes Press. When she’s not writing, she can be fo ...more