Start by marking “The Cupid Caper (A Finley Goodhart Crime Caper #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cupid Caper (A Finley Goodhart Crime Caper #1)

The Cupid Caper

(A Finley Goodhart Crime Caper #1)

Sassy, Sexy, Southern Suspense
She uses her criminal past to catch crooks. He wants her back. In the grift. And in his life. Can Finley Goodhart convince Lex that doing good is the greatest hustle of all?

Ex-grifter Finley Goodhart may tryto stay on the straight and narrow, but walking that thin line becomes wobbly when she believes her friend Penny was murdered. The last
Published April 24th 2018 by Past Perfect Press

To ask other readers questions about The Cupid Caper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cupid Caper

Start your review of The Cupid Caper (A Finley Goodhart Crime Caper #1)
Dawn Holbrook
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Cupid Caper, a new series, by Larissa Reinhart, is fabulous. I didn't want to put the book down.

Finley Goodhart is a scam artist. Finley has declared herself out of the "business" (and finished with Lex, her former partner and boyfriend) until one of her friends dies in what appears to be an overdose. Finley links back up with Lex under the guise of participating in a dating scam aimed at rich, singles that are looking to date others such as themselves. Finley's motive is shutting down the
Thomas
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most complex books I have read. And also one of the best.
This is definitely the best book I have read from Larissa Reinhart.

You have two conman working together and separately. One who is trying to go straight, but is desperate to find out what happened to her friend, the other conman is trying to protect the first one.

One of the conman is the daughter of a sheriff, and will do anything to embarrass him and even get him put in jail if possible.

When Finley's best friend and
Jeanie Jackson
The Cupid Caper is a fantastic journey into with world of the long con, but this scam is set off to seek justice. Great heart and the fight for justice are common elements that make Larissa Reinhart's unique tales such winners. The Cupid Caper started out as a novella but it took a full novel to do the tale justice. Ms. Reinhart is one of contemporary writings masters of unforgettable characters. We can only hope that this series continues is journey as novels.
After years on the grift, mostly
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The is the first book in an exciting new series by Larissa Reinhardt. The story is complex yet fast-paced, and engaging - I couldn’t put it down. The characters are likable, a bit sassy, and intriguing. There is plenty of humor, romance, and plenty of heart. Definitely a book worth reading.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Sandra
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy for an honest review.

The Cupid Caper is the first book in Finley Goodhart Crime Caper Book and I hope the first of many to come.
Full of suspense, sass, sizzling romance and humor.
Finley is out of the business, trying to lead a straight life. Her best friend Penny was pronounced dead. She OD'd. Finley knows that Penny would never do drugs.
Penny was also engaged to a millionare whom she met through an elite dating service. She would never do that either.
To make
Carol
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily giving an honest review. I really enjoyed this book and it's obvious since I read it in one sitting. Fun and Lex are absolutely worth getting to know. They are flawed, and they are cons, but, they have hearts of gold. The storyline is intriguing and gritty. I loved the setting of the book and the cast of characters. I'm hoping there will be more Finley Goodhart books!
Jeannie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a little darker than most of Reinhart's books but I really liked the book. The characters are rich and real and the storyline kept my attention to the end
Marsha
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that if you are familiar with this author and her Cherry Tucker mysteries, you will not know what hit you with this one. It has a very different vibe. This book had a more thriller feel. The humor is there, but it's a darker humor. The characters have a less than savory past they are trying to work out. While this takes place in Georgia (as with the other series) it doesn't have as much of the southern charm to it. It's a grittier read. It is a clean read, but there is ...more
Helen Callahan
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Cupid Caper, book 1, Finley Goodhart Crime Caper series. Larissa Reinhart latest. What fun!!! Great dynamics!!! Finley Goodhart left the con game life behind. The death of her best friend she brings her back in. She needs to prove Penny's murder. Lex Leopold lost Fin once. He'll do what ever she needs. Taking on criminals, it's hard to tell, who is working with you. Who is not. So many players, who is getting played?!? Atlanta crime bosses, small time gangsters, Dixie Mafia. Questionable law ...more
Jenna
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for the bad boys (only the ones with hearts of gold, of course!). So, naturally, I fell under the spell of Lex Leopold. Devilish and charming, intelligent and capable, how could you not fall for a guy like that? Oh, wait . . . I'm supposed to be reviewing the book! Silly me!

The Cupid Caper is the first in a new series for Larissa Reinhart. I've read several other titles by her and have never been disappointed. The cons come fast and furious in this story, but former grifter Finley
Lisa Hudson
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DYNAMIC & COMPELLING!

The Cupid Caper (A Finley Goodhart Crime Caper #1) is dynamic and compelling! The author has created a wonderful new series that will grab you from page 1 and keep you completely engaged until the last sentence. The characters are complex but realistic. The plot is sophisticated and enticing. The author’s vivid descriptions make you feel as though you are a participant and not just a reader. There are three major themes in the book: trust, faith and redemption. The art
Brenda
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trust, faith and redemption are the underlying motives in this who-done-it story of a con-artist trying to go straight but needing to join in on a con to honor her childhood friend.

Finely Goodhart, Penny Forbes, Lex Leopold are all interesting characters even if their lifestyle isn't warm and fuzzy.

There were many twists and dangersous situations Finley found herself scrambling to solve and stay unharmed and alive in.
Catherine Stratman
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! I loved the characters from Pig 'N A Poke. This goes into much more detail on everyone. The basic premise is the long con but this one is for revenge (sort of) rather than for profit. The book kept me interested all the way through. And so many twists and turns!! Lots of detail. Hope that this will be the beginning of a new series!

I received an ARC. This is my honest review.
Barbara
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Disclaimer: I received an advanced reader copy in return for an honest review*

What a great new character Ms. Reinhardt has created! Finley Goodhart is (trying) to reform her conning ways and leave those days behind her. But a sexy Brit, a dead friend under mysterious circumstances, and a Jamaican King (or queen- it’s hard to tell) pin are all getting in her way. Having a crooked cop for a dad doesn’t help much either.

Once again Reinhart has created a character for us to love and cheer for even
Mari Hinton
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply perfect . This is a new series and I'm in love with it . The characters are fascinating, intriguing, frustrating, likable, and believable. I enjoyed how Miss Reinhart really went into detail with the con artist and hustle of the criminal world. Really made it believable, who knows maybe it is. Look finding out about Finley and what's going on with the sheriff along with all the other characters that intertwine . Great book off to a great series looking for more .
Bev
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read, own-it
Finley Goodhart is trying to do good and stay on the straight and narrow. The old 'con game' for selfish reasons is a thing of the past for her. But Lex wants her back in the game and with him. When her friend Penny is found murdered, Finley may not have a choice about working with Lex again if she wants to find the killer. Things get complicated and Finley isn't sure who she can trust. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book and this is my opinion of it.
Cherry
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating “can’t put it down” new book by Larissa Reinhart had me questioning ideas I’d held about con artists and their ethics. The complexities and interwoven strands of the story makes this a stunning “tour de force” of the start of a new series about a female con artist (love the surname pun) who’s trying to turn her life around against great obstacles. Highly recommended.

I was given a preview copy and these are my opinions after reading this wonderful book.
Kay Tuck
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow

Wow just wow. What a great book. This is a great book. I was hooked from the very beginning to the very end. It kept me wanting to know more. The characters were interesting and believable. I am definitely hooked. Can't wait to see another one. If you like a great mystery then you should read this book.
Pat
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed this book.
I love Larissa Reinhart's work, and this new series looks like a real winner.
It has a much different vibe than the Cherry Tucker series, a bit darker.
Fin and Lex have history, and Fin is not inclined to add to it. She has given up her past life as a grifter and gone straight, and has no desire to get caught up again, especially with the annoying and oh-so-appealing Lex. But when a friend, Penny, dies, supposedly from an overdose, she is placed smack dab back
Judy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I know I could not be a con artist. Number 1, I can’t lie with a straight face and number 2, what a dangerous occupation! Finley and Lex are quite the pair. It’s amazing what someone will do for the person they love. It’s amazing how plans are orchestrated and how they play out. I could never. It was so fun reading this and seeing the trouble they conquered and the good, yes, the good they did. I can’t wait to see where the three of them, yes three, get lead to and what trouble they get in ...more
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Karina
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The Cupid Caper the first book A Finley Goodhart Crime Caper Series. Hopefully there will be many more. This was a very quick read, it had romance, humor, plenty of twists and turns. I did not want to put the book down. This book was very complex and in places hard to follow. I had fun reading this book. All in all this was a wonderful can’t put down book. I can’t wait for the second book in this series to see where it will lead us. I received a book from the author to review and give my honest ...more
Gregor
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were engaging and I really cared and rooted for them. The story was good and kept my interest going right to the end. The ending was not obvious and I for one did not see it coming. I am left really wanting to read the second book and I can't wait for it! I am really interested in learning more about the back story of the characters and how they ended up where they are in life. In fact if I had one negative thing to say is that the back story of the ...more
Jan Locke
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another favorite

Larissa Reinhart has written another fun book & I hope the start of another series. The schemes are fast-paced, the characters are 100% fun as they race through Atlanta & it's many suburbs, & the tension carries you to the last page! I'm definitely a Reinhart fan!
Claudia
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Complex, fast-paced and filled with a darker humour than the one in her previous books, this is the kind of book that's hard to put down.

The characters are interesting, the plot tightly-woven and engaging, and the writing great.

A new and exciting series, truly recommended.
Barbara Tobey
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Larissa Reinhart is one of my favorite authors. Finley Goodhart is not one of my favorite characters. The story was interesting, humorous, clever, and intriguing. I do not like con artists. The only one I liked even a little bit was Harry Anderson (RIP). I did enjoy the movie The Sting, but with Robert Redford and Paul Newman, who wouldn't. I received an advance reader copy of this book for my voluntary review.
Debi Paglia
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great new series! Very intense! Loved how Ms. Reinhart described the setting and characters. I felt like I was there! I couldn’t put it down! Can’t wait until Book #2 comes out to see what comes next! This book was gifted to me by the author for purposes of an unbiased review.
Brooke Banks
I first fell in love with Reinhart’s Cherry Tucker series almost two years ago. I’ve devoured and 5 star’d the first four installments and eagerly awaiting what comes next.

Every time I hear of another Reinhart release I’m happy but bitter it’s not a Cherry Tucker Mystery. That’s going to change now that Fin is on the scene.

First sentence: Wednesdays often brought the college boys to Jello’s Pool Hall.

Immediately engaging. Kept me guessing. Solid group of characters that so far are segregated
Kathleen
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
“The Cupid Caper” earns 5/5 Intricately Devised Cons…Engaging Fun!

I am a fan of Larissa Reinhart’s Cherry Tucker Mysteries series, so I was very eager to join in with the first book in her new Finley Goodhart Crime Caper series, and I was not disappointed. Her signature entertaining narrative style, delightful dialogue, rich characters, and engaging mystery all showed up in her new book. Finley Goodhart is, well, was a successful grifter who is trying to navigate the straight and narrow, but the
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hang on to your hat and purse and seat as this is a wild ride. As exciting and fast paced as this long con is for the first half of the book, at almost exactly 50% the game plan changes!
Finley Goodhart can not stay on script.

At first, Finley, a small time hustler, is shocked and saddened to learn that her once best friend, a woman she has neglected recently, drifted away from, is dead. By overdose. Except that Fin knows for certain it was murder. That is something Finley can not accept or stay

• Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1)
  • Lowcountry Bookshop (Liz Talbot Mystery #7)
  • Fields' Guide to Abduction (Poppy Fields Adventures #1)
  • Shadow Dancing (The Country Club Murders, #7)
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
  • Bronzed Betrayals (Bodies of Art, #5)
  • Mardi Gras Murder (Cajun Country Mystery, #4)
  • Double Dog Dare (Davis Way Crime Caper, #7)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Kenni Lowry Mystery)
  • Cold Blooded Brew (Killer Coffee #4)
  • Six Feet Under (Kenni Lowry #4)
  • Back Stabbers (The Country Club Murders, #8)
  • Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #2)
  • Lowcountry Boomerang (Liz Talbot Mystery #8)
  • Telephone Line (The Country Club Murders #9)
  • Decaffeinated Scandal
  • Forests, Fishing, & Forgery (A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery #3)
  • A Charming Corpse (Magical Cures Mystery #11)
A Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Larissa writes the Cherry Tucker Mystery, Maizie Albright Star Detective, and Finley Goodhart Crime Caper series. She loves to tell funny stories about about Southern women looking for love (and sometimes dead bodies) in all the wrong places.

Her books have been chosen as book club picks by Woman's World Magazine and Hot Mystery Reviews. They've also been