Start by marking “Road Trip” as Want to Read:
Road Trip

Road Trip

After the end of a car crash relationship can Katy find true love?

Catching her sister in bed with her fiancé, school teacher Katy Cornish enlists playboy colleague Felix Montague to help her save face. What she doesn’t bargain on is them both losing their jobs in the process.

With finances running out, Katy must endure the rude and arrogant Felix whi
Published May 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Road Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Road Trip

Start your review of Road Trip
DJ Sakata
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I might be twenty-six, but in my parents' eyes me and Vic are still about twelve. I am, but only in clothes.

I don’t need to prepare anything. People naturally love me. It’s you I’d be worried about. People assume you’ve got something stuck up your arse. You might want to look into that.

It wasn’t my fault, it was Victoria’s… She hit it with a stick while I was at a swimming pool party. It flew around and stung my bum. Then it died, so I felt rea
Siobhan
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read and adored Laura Barnard’s Babes of Brighton books and the One Month Til I Do books, I was more than ready to dive into her next release. I often find myself somewhat nervous when diving into books written by two authors who usually work alone, so there was that little bit of fear. However, Andie M. Long has caught my attention a few times, so I was more than willing to give the collaboration a try.

It turns out the two authors go together seamlessly. You cannot tell where
Snow
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just an okay read for me...

I just kinda expected more 'witty funny' moments rather than 'meh funny' from this author as I really loved her PNR books and humor incorporated within...

And yeah, I kinda didnt connect with the characters this time😕
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
To say I laughed a lot would be an understatement. This book was so funny my sides hurt and tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

When I first began reading this beauty I had no idea how much I was going to love it, no idea how much I was going to laugh and no idea how much I would enjoy this.

Katy and Felix are something else! They’re not your typical couple in a book they’re so much more. Their banter is too funny and their shenanigans are “pee your pa
ItaPixie
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love Laura Barnard's books and I appreciate Andie M. Long's stories too so I jumped into this rom-com without a second thought.
Road Trip was an entertaining and hilarious read.

Katy and Felix are collegues,they are both teachers until they have been made redundant.They have never got along,they based their opinion of one another on the school rumors.
Out of necessity they decide to leave for a road trip together searching for a new school willing to hire them.
As you rig

Andrea
5 MASSIVE stars!!!
*ARC received in return for an honest review

Omigod, I bloody LOVED this, it was hilarious!!!

Road Trip, the first book from new writing duo Andie M.Long and Laura Barnard, started off with a bang quite literally and what a delight it was to read. I have read and loved books from both authors, respectively, so I knew I was in for a real treat when I heard they were teaming up to write together and they definitely didn't disappoint me.

It’s been a while since I’ve laughed like this at a book, I couldn't
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Road Trip by Andie M. Long and Laura Barnard is a fun story and a perfect choice for your summer entertainment. Katy Cornish is a young teacher, good at her job but lacks in her personal life. She is always in competition with her twin sister Victoria. Victoria appears to have it all in Katy’s mind especially after Katy walks in on Victoria and Richard, Katy’s fiancé in bed.

Katy begs a fellow teacher, Felix Montague to be her temporary boyfriend. She needs to pick up her things from the apartment
Badass Bloggettes
ARC given for honest review.
Well everyone, what can I say, except this book had me laughing from the beginning. Such a great duo Andi and Laura make when it comes to writing.
Once you read the blurb there is no turning back, you are simply hooked from that moment on until you finally put this book down.
Such a great book to read, this book is so funny, eventful and insightful as the characters soon learn things about each other they otherwise would never have known.
Felix an
Carrie Elks
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the funniest thing I've read all year. Road Trip is a hoot of a story, following two completely mismatched people on a journey across the country, as they both try to secure themselves a job. Like a modern-day Doris Day and Rock Hudson, at first Katy and Felix hate each other, but as circumstances force them closer than they'd ever want to be, they slowly thaw. If you've read these two authors before, you'll know what to expect - laughter, tears, and a whole lot of love.
Mazmum
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm hard pressed to say which one of the authors is the most mental - as you can't tell who wrote what part I'm going to go with both.

Pick this up and prepare to leave reality at the door, whilst Andie and Laura take you on a crazy journey.

Silly, silly fun.
Diane Michaels
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Road Trip" revs its engine with its first line, a cheekily descriptive picture of how Katy’s world begins to come crashing down around her. With the “help” of Felix, her way-too-handsome colleague, what little security she had left crumbles to dust, sending the seemingly mismatched pair out together on a grand tour of Great Britain in search of new teaching positions.

Andie M. Long and Laura Barnard are puppet masters with wicked senses of humor. With each stop along the way and each new set of
Sarah Dale
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read both authors separately but together, oh how I love them. They need to collaborate more!

This book had me turning the pages, completely amused with the main characters, Felix and Katy's antics. For teachers they were always playing pranks on each other. You would have thought after the prank that got them both fired, they would have stopped with the pranks......but no!

Written from the dual POV this story was entertaining, filled with wit, humour, scorching sizz
Carmel Breffit
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this rom com book by Andie M Long and Laura Barnard, one a previous author and one a new experience for me. A typical laugh out comical story with some fun twists and turns thrown in along the way.

Katy and Felix are teachers who work together who become unexpectedly unemployed together and need to find new positions - what better way for two opposites to do so then to go on a road trip.

With lots of eventful moments they soon get to discover each other well but will this help t
Wendy Porter
Katy and Felix road trip isn’t exactly what she wants she knows his repetition and she only goes along with it as it makes sense. Felix knows what Katy thinks of him he knows what she calls him but after the disaster of what happened at the school they both worked for he needs her help. This is a hilarious beautifully written book that will have you giggling and loving it not wanting to put it down. I blooming loved this book so much and look forward to reading so much from both these authors ei ...more
Jackie Wright
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know a book is great when it’s written by two authors and you have no idea who wrote what add in the laugh out loud or should I say snort out loud moments and you get a perfect rom-com.
It’s difficult to write a review that’s not full of spoilers so I’m not going to give any of the plot away and I’m just going to say if you love romance and humour please make sure you one click this very funny book. I was giggling and laughing from the start to the end of Road Trip and what can I say about “
Sara Oxton
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Road Trip a five-star read that is worth tripping for by Andie M Long and Laura Barnard. I am a huge fan of Andie M Long but have yet to read Laura Barnard yet and this was a great way to get my teeth into her writing, what a hilarious and honest read. Katy and Felix are an amazing couple of individuals but when one practical joke ruins everything for them, will being stuck together on a road trip ruin them or make them realise what’s really important in life. I loved this book, I’m gutted it’s ...more
Jade Pitman
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two of my favourite authors writing a book together now you know this is going to be amazing !!

Honestly I can’t put it into words. It was funny so funny. I was hooked on it and didn’t put it down. Amazing story I’m really hoping they will write another book together this one was amazing.

If you haven’t read it why not?
Fiona Wilson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
What could be better than a humorous book written by two of my favourite authors. This was a laugh out loud book which I highly recommend to anyone who needs cheering up. Shut yourself away with this book for a few hours and I guarantee you will come out of it feeling so much better.

Can’t wait to see more from the authors.
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

I was kindly provided with an ARC of this in exchange for an honest, unbiased review and I have given it 4 stars.

What can I say about Road Trip? Laura and Andie making a fabulous writing duo. I couldn't tell who had written what! Road Trip was incredibly funny with lots of moments that had me laughing out loud.

I couldn't put it down, I was hooked from the very first page.

Road Trip was an absolute delight to read, I woul
Andie Long
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
So funny it even made me laugh and I wrote it ;)

Beware of bees and bath sponges...
Jordan
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is guaranteed to have you chuckling away many times throughout.
The rivalry and romance between Katy and Felix had me hooked.
I’m a big fan of books set in the US, but it was refreshing to read a book set in this country and wrote by two ladies from here aswell.
Having read books by both of these authors before I was sure I’d be able to pick out bits wrote by each of them but I had no clue, which means they are just both a crazy as each other!!
If you’re after a great read this su
Rock Hard Romance
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
'You said you want to do something reckless.I want to dare you,Miss Bloody Goody-two-shoes,to do something naughty,something out of this comfort zone you say you're in'~(Felix)

When these two Author's announced a collaboration,I expected the result to be a hilarious tale,and I was not wrong!
This story,all be it utterly crazy in terms of some of the plot details,was a fairly quick read, that had me laughing out loud right from the start,as the blurb gives enough detail to hook yo
Tracey
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a blast, if you're looking for a sensible run of the mill romance this isn't!

This book has two slightly crazy characthers, Katy and Felix. They work in the same school but don't really know one another. They start the beginning of a 'friendship' when they're put in a situation neither expected. The fun and games, and accidents they have on their road trip made me giggle. I could have highlighted a funny line on almost every page but wanted to keep reading.

Its
Heather Packer
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolute hoot of a book! The writing is fluid and easy to read, the characters are relateable and funny. Not in a forced kind of a way, just clumsy and arrogant and the two together makes for some serious amusement.

I literally sat chuckling in the chair throughout this book. I would have liked an epilogue- just to see who ended up in McDonald's and where lol

This is one of the funniest books I've read this year, and I've read a few!
Laid-back Book Bitches
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have ever LOL so much during a book.. I could not put this book down. This is the my first book from either author and I can honestly say I cant wait to read more from both. This is up there on my top reads of 2018. This is a must read guys. I would recommend this book to anyone an everyone.
KFForever
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kfforever

3.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KFF

This is the first collaboration between authors Andrea Long and Laura Barnard, a contemporary romance written in dual points of view. Although I haven’t read Barnard’s books, I have read some of Andie’s books and enjoyed them.

Katy is a teacher in her mid-twenties, engaged and coasting along with her life when she caught her fiancé in bed with her sister. Her relationship with her sister since they were small has always been/>3.5
Suniko
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review
Katy Cornish a twin sister. A young teacher who loves her job and good at it. However, her personal life is non-existence. Always in competition against her twin sister, Victoria. In Katy’s mind, her sister Victoria appears to have it all especially after Katy walks in on Victoria with her fiancé, Richard, in bed.

As a way to save face, Katy employs the help from a fellow teacher, Felix Montague to be her insert boyfriend. (Side note: Every time I read the last name Montague, I thought of Romeo
Kristina Montigny
5 stars

I don't know what it is about British humor, but it is so freaking funny! This book had me laughing out loud so many times, I loved it!! It's hard to find a book that has you laughing as much as this one. Okay, so some of the things that happened were messed up, for example... an evil bee eye tee see ache twin sister who can't seem to grasp how to be a sister. Of course, Katy and Felix never would have gotten to know each other if her psycho twin hadn't done what she did, so i
Busy Bees
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Star Rating - *****

Katy and Felix are both teachers and a school and they don’t particularly get on. After a horrendous break up caused by her twin sister Katy turns to Felix for help. In return Felix dares Katy to something which back fires and causes them both to loose their jobs. I’m a twisted turn of events they both end up interviewing for the same jobs across the country, that’s right ROAD TRIP!!! Hilarity ensues as the pair try and beat each other out of each job interview whi
Claire Thake
Wow! I so wish I could give this book a ton more stars! As with all previous books I have read of Laura's I was laughing out loud multiple times through this book! I have never read any of Andie's books but I will definitely be seeking some out now! This left me with such a book hangover that I haven't picked up another book yet!

This is the story of Katy and Felix, both teachers and both completely different personalities. After they both find themselves losing their jobs thanks to e
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hot Daddy Sauce
  • Bagging Alice
  • Marrying Mr Valentine
  • Love Uncovered
  • Excess Baggage (A standalone: Babes of Brighton Series Book 1)
  • Lie to Me
  • Once Upon a Wish-mas
  • Hidden (The Scions #1)
  • A Girl Like Lilac
  • Found (The Scions #2)
  • The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet, #1)
  • Tequila and Tea Bags
  • Piper: A Last Score Spin Off
  • Inescapable
  • Another Life
  • Groom (Deceit Duet, #2)
  • Freaks (Dirty Nasty Freaks, #3)
  • Scripted  Reality  (Scripted,#1)
Andie M. Long is the author of multiple titles including the popular Supernatural Dating Agency series.

When not writing, or editing for other authors, she spends her time drinking coffee and eating far too many Toblerones. She adores her whippet, Bella, and is tormented frequently by her OH and her teenage son.

She adores the book community, chatting with likeminded people w