Start by marking “Mariticide” as Want to Read:

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
How far would you go to protect your loved ones?
What would be the ultimate sacrifice?
Lie? Fight? Steal?
Would you kill?
For Alyssa Morgan there was no question.
She would do anything.
When her ideologies are threatened she has a choice to make.
But can she destroy the one person she trusted most in the world?

Luke Greene realized from the moment she walked into his office he
ebook, 1
Published April 30th 2018 by Jo-Anne Joseph

To ask other readers questions about Mariticide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mariticide

Jenny Prose
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

WOW! Just wow! This is a psychological thriller romance novel from Jo-Anne Joseph. If you are in need of a thrilling, intriguing, keep you guessing story Jo-Anne is your must-read author! She has a way of grabbing you and sucking you into this world that she creates with amazingly detailed characters who you can relate to. With stories that are the dark twisted crazy stories that happen behind closed doors. I loved every minute of this page-turner story!
Paulette
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is psychological thriller with several twists and turns. Once you think you have it figured out you come to realize uh no not even a little bit.
Alyssa is a woman who has it all, or so she thinks. Sure just like any normal person some life curves have been thrown in her way, but she’s always been able to deal with them. Then she finds out as the saying goes, “Don’t believe everything you see”. Her life becomes a living nightmare, as close to Hell as someone can get.
Luke, trying to help her
Melissa Schaub
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another 5 Star book for Ms Joseph. Her writing will have you hooked immediately and struggling to make sense of what is happening all the way through. I love the plot twists, the anticipation, and the way it all comes together!

Alyssa has loved her life for so long, she is unsure how she has gotten to the place of living in her own personal nightmare. Everything she once believed true is now standing right in front of her as a lie. She never thought she would be forced to deal with this t
Tyi
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book... This book was so damn good. When I read the prologue, I was like damn.... I knew that I had to keep reading. I needed to know what was going to happen to Alyssa.

Trust me, as reader, you need to read this. The story line was very unique. You might think you know but you will be surprised. The secrets... The betrayal...

Can't wait for another installment in the deliverance series. I NEED MORE. This is a five star read. No question.
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog  Synclare Moss
Do you want to be completely mindf*cked?
If so, read this book. Holy Hell. The twists never stopped coming.
I was hooked from the prologue on...read it straight through.
A superb psychological thriller!
Kim BookJunkie
4-4.5 stars

I was reminded that love and happily ever after didn't exist. It was all a well-concocted farce. A fucking fairy-tale you told your kids to help them sleep well at night, a fairy-tale you told yourself so you'd be able to believe in more than this - this illusion.”

Alyssa just made partner at one of the largest law firms in the country, has a 15 year old daughter who is respectful, never scoring less than an A-, and she has a husband who still makes her tingle when he kisses her des
Energy
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes the lives we're leading are merely a product of our own imaginations, of the lies we tell ourselves, and the passes we give to what seems like minor indiscretions. Swallowing a simple lie here, chastising yourself for clearly remembering something wrong there, and then it all starts to add up. Until the perfect world you had created comes tumbling down around you.

That is exactly what happens to Alyssa. Married to the love of her life, Malcolm, the childhood boy she was forever defendi
Sunday
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mariticide by Jo-Anne Joseph
Five Stars

Mariticide is the first book in the Deliverance series by Jo-Anne Joseph. This is the first book I have read by this author and I have already put her on my permanent TBR list. This book grabbed me and wouldn’t let me go. I stayed up till 3am just to finish it. With all the twists and turns, I just couldn’t put it down until I read the end. The characters were complex and really left me with my emotions on overload. Alyssa is a truly strong woman, who knows
Teri
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that is unpredictable and boy this one fit the bill. Murder, betrayal, this book has it in spades. With a twisted plot that proves nothing is what it seems. I had no idea what I was in for and neither do you. This is the first time I have read this author and she seems to be new to the circuit but man does she put a plot together well. This author takes you from zero to one hundred and then back again. Just when you think nothing else can happen it's another twist. I can't tell you ...more
Joy Westerfield
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin? My mind is blown. I’m a bit emotional after reading this truly, exceptional book. The story has so many facets to it! Alyssa, is a strong female character who just wants a happy life with her husband and daughter. But life isn’t always as it seems. When Alyssa discovers something about her husband, her whole life changes. Enter Luke, a psychiatrist, who is trying to help Alyssa, but ends up having feelings for her. He will do anything to help her, but can he? Is it the right th ...more
ROBIN RUIZ
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the story of the perfect couple Malcolm and Alyssa. Rich, successful, with a perfect marriage and successful careers, except, what is it Malcolm does for a living? Alyssa and Malcolm are childhood sweethearts, Malcolm will do anything for Alyssa, but don’t ask him what he does for a living. Alyssa finds out and murders her husband and is sentenced to a psychiatric facility, since she also hasn’t said a word since the murder . Enter Dr Luke Greene who will do anything to save Alyssa! ...more
Nancy George
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Jo-Anne Joseph
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Alyssa just doesn't have anything to say after she killed her husband.  She laughed and laughed but nothing to say other than I did it.

Luke knows there is more behind Alyssa than meets the eyes.  He wants to help Alyssa but how to do it when she won't speak.

They get way to deep into it.  But Luke knows there is somethingbhe isn't seeing.

My take on this book:

Jo-Anne has a way of writing that will draw you into the story so deep you do not see the twists that are c
Nicole Brown
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start on this book. it was thrilling, suspenseful, beautifully twisted, and heartfelt. This book hits every feeling you will ever feel when reading a book. Not a your typical HEA much darker but beautiful. The characters chemistry is just scorching and touching all at the same time. Jo Anne Joseph threw everything at this book and it doesn't dissapoint me any. I love this book. Amazing read. I can't wait for more from her. You will route for the bad girl and find yourself saying she h ...more
Sienna Grant
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Jo-Anne Joseph has just totally blew me away with this book! Just as you think you have it all figured out she throws another twist into the story sending your mind into yet another spin as you try to work it out.

This is dark in places but I love the psychological part of it, I love a book where you have to think about everything and this definitely does that, it messes with your head.

Ms Joseph, I bow at your feet. This deserves more than five stars. I don't get to read much these days but
Cat Ziman
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jo-Anne Joseph should be a household name, for her ability to write such a complex plot and have everything still make sense amazes me. Joseph wrote a beautiful, original dark romance that had my nose stuck in between the pages from cover to cover. The entire plot was so well thought out and executed I was amazed. The only thing I wished for was a little more hot scenes between Jenna and Luke.
Matricide is a beautifully written original tale that will rock you to your core.

I received a free copy
Saskia
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book. I loved it.
It sucks you in from the first page when Allyssa is standing in the kitchen over her dead husband’s body. Over the course of the book the reader finds out why this seemingly perfect family ended up like this. What secrets did they hide?

And just when you think you figured it all out… Jo-Anne Joseph pulls out a few tricks from her writers head. This book is full of twist and turns and you never know what will happen next.

I read this book in one sitting,
Nancy
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book be Jo-Anne that I have read and it is also the first book in the deliverance series. This book hooked me in and I can’t wait for the next part to come out. I love that is a mystery suspense with twists and turns that hold you. Complete characters. Alyssa is strong and can take care of herself and Luke is an enigma. I can’t wait for the next book.

Kimberly
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good psychological thriller read. The story has many plot twists. The book has a twisted tales that will leave the reader enthralled. The story is beautifully twisted, heartwarming, thrilling, an emotional roller coaster that will leave the reader breathless. I

Tanya
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She will do anything to protect her loved ones no matter what, she would even kill. He knew as soon as she walked into his office he was in trouble.He believes her innocence but he knew things would not be so easy. See what will happen

poppy
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jo-Anne Joseph is a new author to me and I cannot wait to try more. This was a fantastic read I was absolutely hooked right from the start and it kept me reading and guessing right until the very end. Well written with a super storyline I suggest you feed the family lock the door and get comfy you will not want to put it down I cannot wait for the next book
Tabitha Hartman
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely a one sit read, as you can not put it down. The twist and turns and secrets in this family keep you intrigued.

Judy Phillips
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an amazing book that is a thriller and so much more than that. The plot was absolutely fantastic and combined with the characters you have a book that would make a great movie. Can't wait to read the next book in this series. I volunteered to read an advance copy of this book.
Kelly
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really intense and interesting story!
This book kept me enthralled to keep and reading and find out what twists and turns were coming next.
The writer tells interesting and spellbinding tales of love, deceit and hardship.
Deb
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very intense drama with villians and heros. It's a bit hard to read though due to the content. I never expected the turn of events that the author laid out in the book. Well written.
LORRIE
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so amazing. There was action, suspense, secrets and romance.
Alyssa was such a strong and capable woman. Luke was persistent with his action and words.
I loved this
Sue
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Jo-Anne Joseph. I was blown away by this psychological thriller. Sucked me right in and kept me engaged throughout. I really enjoyed it.
Karen
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a psychological thriller romance that is dramatic, emotional, intriguing and with twist and turns. The characters are well developed. I liked reading this book.
Holly Orrick
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole!

Seriously, I was hooked on this book from the prologue! I hadn't even made it to the first chapter and I was drawn to it! The mystery.. The twists.. I LOVED IT! I was on the edge of my SEAT!!!
Janet
Jun 24, 2018
SBee Reviews
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars

“A Florence-Nightingale deliverance”

I received an Advance Reader Copy for MARITICIDE (The Deliverance Series, Book #1) written by Jo-Anne Joseph and voluntarily reviewed this book. Alyssa, Malcolm and Gracie Morgan were by all appearances the perfect family. Until one evening, all their lives were changed irrevocably. Alyssa now finds herself sentenced to spend the next fifteen years in a psychiatric hospital, labeled a murderer, psychopath, schizophrenic and a h
Jo-Anne Joseph is an indie contemporary romance author, dreamer, doer, artist with a flair for creating stories about the seemingly impossible and second chance romance. Along with a passion for writing, she is an avid reader and enjoys painting and coloring. She also has a deep love for poetry and prose. Her lifelong love affair with words started at a young age and resulted in her debut novel In ...more