Start by marking “Ford (The Bounty Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ford (The Bounty Hunters, #1)

Ford

(The Bounty Hunters #1)

Sometimes the flames of desire run hotter than a mere fire.

Ford Montgomery is working the case of his life. Trailing the arsonist who killed his parents, the former bounty hunter will soon make this guy pay for his crimes. After that, Ford plans to reclaim his house from his ex-wife and retire to his home in the mountains.

Megan Marshal thought she'd ditched her ex
Published April 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ford, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ford

Start your review of Ford (The Bounty Hunters, #1)
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
2.5 rounded up to 3 stars

It's mostly meh BUT I upped it a star because the heroine is OVER 40, Y'ALL!!! SO FLIPPING EXCITED.

I am sick and tired of all these damn 18-20 y/o virgins. Give me a fucking break. How many damn romance books are going to be written around the same boring crap? Women DO age, you know. As we still like Romance and being romanced. And *gasp* we still like sex.
Kim  Brewing
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The blurb for this story intrigued me so I thought I'd give it a go...and I'm glad I did.

Megan has not had life go as she expected and neither has Ford. When an unwanted connection brings them together the action and flames begin. I really enjoyed the flow of this story and felt that everything was tied up nicely ... including the set up for the next in the series.
Island Girl Romance Reads
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Great story and loved the suspense. Ford and Megan story had me hooked from the first page till the last.
Kim
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who would think a Ruff and Tough Bounty Hunter would want to help a known criminal .. who killed your parents .. ex-wife even when she didn’t know she needed help ?? But then again no one has met Ford Montgomery yet .. Sexy and Strong Bounty Hunter who was born to protect and serve !!

Megan’s ex-husband is in trouble and since she hasn’t seen him in years she didn’t know why or who was following her until Ford makes his appearance at her job looking for her to see what she knows about Waylon. But
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
"The plot was interesting, I still feel like I have some unanswered questions but they aren’t gigantic plot holes that I’m missing just the odd thing of what happened to the necklace. How they managed to put the bug in her phone? Why was Tamara such a shit head? I wish we would have gotten to his son that would have been a really interesting meeting between him and Megan."

Full review: https://authorsamanthajaynegrubey.wor...
Kim

Michele Gay
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you PJ Fiala for an amazing adventure in your book Ford: Bounty Hunters Book #1.

Interesting characters, stimulating story with nice plot twists, there’s good and bad and even worse in this story.

Ford Montgomery a bounty hunter is on the trail of the man who murdered his parents while they slept the legal way in a court of law, his sister is a defense attorney and his brother is a plumber, but they all believe in justice. Ford is looking for Bobby Ray’s cousin who helped him get out of
Belinda
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Megan is having a very bad day...She has a stalker after her over her ex husband. Than Ford walks into were she is working serving the patrons. She thinks he is good looking til he opens his mouth and it is about her ex too..She tells both him and Marcus off and marches away..but Ford sits outside her house to watch over her that night and he watches Marcus go around and around the street all night..But than her beautiful house is caught on fire and she can't get out..Ford saves her.. He takes ...more
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 Star Review by Jodi

I loved this book. I loved everything about this book. I loved Ford and just what a truly amazing man he is. He didn't set out looking for love, but boy did it find him. Megan is everything I wanted in a heroine and more. I loved how sweet and naive she was. I loved how there was no denying the chemistry between her and Ford. And boy did they have chemistry. It was off the freaking charts.

I loved everything about this story. It was beautifully written and sucked me in from
Tessa -Poised Pen Productions
WOW! Where to begin with this exciting new series by PJ Fiala.
FORD is a GREAT read and a kick-ass beginning to a brand-new series that I’m looking forward to reading!
PJ has a way of bringing her characters to life, like none other. The descriptions of her characters, the town and surrounding areas, have you feeling like you’re part of the story.
Ford Montgomery is a rough and tumble Bounty Hunter who’s investigating the case of his life. He’s on the trail of his parent’s killer.
Megan Marshal has
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Ford is working as a bounty hunter with the main focus being to bring to justice the person who killed his parents. When he thinks the ordeal is finally over, the murderer escapes from custody with the help of his cousin. Determined to bring his parents’ killer to justice, he sets off to find him and his cousin. Through this he meets Megan, the killer’s cousin’s ex-wife. She’s not a fan of her ex-husband and hasn’t had contact with him since their divorce, but everyone seems to think otherwise. ...more
Tami czenkus
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

PJ Fiala never fails to blow me away with her extremely expressive stories!!
Ford and Megan are connected in ways that would most likely prohibit a connection, but the chemistry they feel can't be denied by wither one of them,
These two damaged people have to overcome their past to be able to move on and try to achieve their own HEA, but in order to accomplish THAT, they have to learn to rely on each other, to trust one another and to be honest to each other.
Ford was a great introduction
Tami czenkus
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PJ Fiala never fails to blow me away with her extremely expressive stories!!
Ford was a great introduction into
Tammy L
FORD by P.J. Fiala
Another job well done P.J. Fiala, you have made it on the list of my authors that I must read each and every book you release. I started reading this book on Sunday morning while having coffee…I totally forgot about my coffee & the next thing I knew it was noon. This was a well-written, amazing story, with believable characters and enough tension between the main characters to make the story captivating. The book gripped me right from page one & I kept reading until I
K B
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I purchased a copy of Ford, The Bounty Hunters book 1 by PJ Fiala and this review was given freely.
Bounty hunter Ford is sent to recapture the escaped criminal Bobby Ray June who set the fire that killed Ford's parents. While searching, Ford becomes involved with Bobby Ray's cousin's ex-wife, waitress Megan. Highly descriptive, complex, steamy and intriguing with multiple twists and a happy ending.
Sue
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent new series from Patti. I loved this book. Megan is running for her life from her ex when she finds out he stole somthing he shouldn't have and the cartel are after her. Ford is after the arsonists who killed his parents and trying to reclaim his home he helped build from his ex-wife. She doesn't live there she just wants to make him suffer. A lot of action and revelations in this book. Patti u did a fantastic job and I can't wait for the next book. Congratulations.
diann bryan
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
“ I guess it’s happened so fast that it seems wrong or weird or something “
A quote from this book. It’s amazing how two people ( Ford & Megan) could pick so badly the 1st time around. Second chance romances are one of my favorites. There’s a lot of the story we don’t get resolved but if a HEA is what you seek. Then go ahead and click.
Allena
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this author and I really enjoyed it. This couple was older than my usual reads with a good flow and interesting storyline.

Well developed plot with good flow and interesting characters.
Kemberlee Snelling
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

This book will hold you enthralled from beginning to end. Ford and Megan are great together. I recommended you read this if you love alpha protective males and strong women.
Ruiz Kim
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sexy action packed read

Loved this book, and couldn't put it down. Strong heroes and heroines, great supporting characters. Family, action, heart and heat. Definitely one to read and a great start to the series
Nancy Kehl
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ford...

Handsome alpha bounty hunter, sweet, scared woman caught between a bad guy and the bounty Hunter have the time of their lives trying to catch the wanted guys, keep her alive, and make her feel safe and loved. Loved it!!
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

The first book in the series, this is a promising start.

Read full review in the 2018 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Kerry Harteker
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book

I loved this book from the first page. I really could not put it down. Megan and Ford are on one devil of a ride. Trying to find her exhusband, jail break,hot sex, bounty hunters, hot sex. It's all in there. Great book from beginning to end.
Ronda Barnes-Howard
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really enjoyed Ford and Megan's story and have already downloaded Lincoln's book. Can't wait to see what these Bounty Hunters are up to.
Linda Landers
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Life Sometimes Is Unfair

Ford and Megan had to go through many down times in order to find happiness. I enjoyed their journey to happiness.
Diane
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

Enjoyable read about second chances and romance when you are a bit older. Do love these type of romance books and 5hu# author knows how to deliver.
Elizabeth Johnson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

I enjoyed the first book in this series. I look forward to the next book. Keep writing. I will follow this author.
Christy Eudy
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great new series for me!

I really enjoyed this book about Ford and Megan. I'm always looking for a good series to read, and I am looking forward to the next book.
Josie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No simpering bubbly bouncy twenty something at last a mature heroine and I love it. Yeah, she did a stupid thing, but who hasn't. I enjoyed every line and the story moved at a steady pace.
Ginny Pearson
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ford meets Megan while hunting down Bobby Ray who has escaped. Meghan's ex is the one that helped with his escape.
This is a wonderful story that has amazing characters and a great story line.

• Defending Roxanne (GHOST Book 2)
  • Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations #4)
  • Claiming Tuesday (The Next Generation #4)
  • Saving Meadow (The Next Generation #1)
  • Nixon's Promise (Gemini Group #1)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • Ghost (Linear Tactical #5)
  • Finding Mercy (The Next Generation #3)
  • Securing Piper (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #3)
  • Shelter for Viviana (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Rescuing Gracelynn (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #1)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Justice for Miranda (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Sweet Rose (Baytown Boys #10)
  • Before Dawn (Nightwind, #1)
  • Charlotte (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 1)
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries #4)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)
I was born in a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri named Bridgeton. During my time in Missouri, I explored the Ozarks, swam in the Mississippi River, played kickball and endless games of hide and seek with the neighborhood kids. Spending summers in Kentucky with my Grandmother, Ruth, are the fondest childhood memories for me.

At the age of thirteen, my family moved to Wisconsin to learn to farm. Yes,

The Bounty Hunters (3 books)
  • Lincoln (The Bounty Hunters, #2)
  • Dodge (The Bounty Hunters, #3)