Jump to ratings and reviews

Finding Love #9

The Gift of Love

Leah didn’t plan to still be searching for love so late in her twenties. Her looks almost guaranteed her success with the opposite sex, but quantity doesn’t mean quality. Good thing she’s got a great career to fall back on. The only dark cloud on that particular horizon is the enigmatic Dr. Levy, the man she’s come to think of as a permanent thorn in her side. Brilliant and handsome he most certainly is, but that doesn’t make up for the fact that he’s also stern, impatient, and bad-tempered. Oddly enough, it isn’t their mostly negative encounters that linger in her mind. Instead it’s the sadness she glimpses from time to time in his face. There’s no explanation for why she’s so bothered by this, nor can she imagine a situation where she’ll be in a position to discover the cause of his silent misery. All of which means she’s wasting her time. If anyone can take care of himself, it’s Dr. Levy.

Stratton had only been at Hutchison Clinic a short time before he heard about the beautiful nurse on the second floor. In his usual skeptical fashion he discounted the gossip until he saw Leah for himself. He had no problem admitting that the reports of her beauty hadn’t been exaggerated, but appreciation was as far as he was prepared to go. Love, romance and the so-called happily-ever-after only exist in the movies. Putting your happiness in someone else’s hands is just begging to be hurt. He has a monthly alimony payment to prove it. Getting his family and friends to understand his preference for bachelorhood isn’t so easy. While he appreciates their concern, he doesn’t need the complication of something with such overwhelming odds of failure. One ex-wife is enough for any man.

Author's Note: Although this book is a romance novel, it deals with loss and grief. If you're sensitive to these issues, this might not be the book for you.

199 pages, Kindle Edition

Published April 6, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Delaney Cameron

21 books438 followers
I'm a Georgia girl at heart if not by birth. I love to read, watch college football, and spend time with my husband. I'm a hopeless romantic so there will always be a happily ever after in my stories. I also like to write about second chances because love doesn't always work out the first time.

For more information, visit my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Delaney-Came...

To contact me or join my mailing list: www.delaneycameron.com

Or email me: delaneycameronbooks@gmail.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (<1%)
1 star
3 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews
Profile Image for Jaycee Weaver.
Author 26 books237 followers
April 9, 2018
So very sweet.

Stratton and Leah are wonderful together. There were so many emotions to go through in this book, but I appreciate that she didn’t soak too long in the sad places. We get to skim the surface a little, knowing they’re both grieving, but it’s what came before and after that defined their romance.
Profile Image for Vibliophile.
1,460 reviews75 followers
November 27, 2021
(4.5 stars) Happy sigh...

Ok, I'm not sure how believable this would be, and it doesn't help that Stratton & Leah haven't spent that much time together, either, but I don't care! I don't generally read stories with sad stuff because I read to escape, but it's such a touching story, and even with the sad parts - which aren't a major portion of the book - it never pulls you down into misery like such stories typically do to me. It takes us with the protagonists to the point of healing and a thoroughly happy-ever-after.

The only sadness now is that I've reached the end & have to wait for the next installment in this yummy series - - I hope she gives us Lance's story!!

*Romance level: passionate kisses
Profile Image for Merle.
1,994 reviews1 follower
April 15, 2018
This is another well-done, clean romance from Cameron. This one involves another of the beautiful sisters of Violet. Leah is a nurse and works with a handsome and tough doctor who appears impervious to attractive young nurses. All of the other men in the Myrtle Beach hospital see her, though. Leah is holding out for true love, however.

Through an extraordinary circumstance, Leah and Stratton become a couple. They suffer a tragedy and then need to heal their wounds as well as each other.
Profile Image for Monica.
239 reviews2 followers
April 16, 2018
When you go digging up the past, you find things you don’t want. At the end of the day, we can’t go back and do anything different.
I enjoyed this book. Growing love is so wonderful and to watch that happen to both of them while caring for Denver was sweet to watch. Both are so stubborn you wish they would just communicate.
Profile Image for Our Book Confessions.
461 reviews7 followers
December 7, 2018
Delaney Cameron handles the marriage of convenience trope with tensions and understanding and class. She also deals with grief and loss on multiple levels with compassion. This book is not just a romance, but a message of the power of love delivered in a sweet and endearing way.

Profile Image for Khadejah R..
173 reviews2 followers
January 20, 2019
Just WOW!

This book had me crying so much. It really tugs at the heartstring. It also makes the HEA soooo much sweeter.

Leah is such a kindhearted, loving, and forgiving person. Stratton is haunted and broken. Their journey was sweet and tumultuous.

This book deals with some heavy topics of sickness and death so readers be advised.

It is a really good read.
Profile Image for Patricia.
2,908 reviews13 followers
January 18, 2020
Rating 2.5. I have read about four of these books in this series in succession. Their similarities are becoming glaring. While I like the series, I need to have some palate-cleansing reading between these books so I can appreciate them properly.

I quite liked the first half of this story but didn’t really enjoy the second half as much.
Profile Image for Love.
1,702 reviews4 followers
April 15, 2018
Up And Down Romance

This is a great story with heartbreaking moments that will just have you crying but it also has heartwarming moments that will touch your heart and charming characters too.
85 reviews1 follower
April 16, 2018
One of my favorite authors

Delaney Cameron is one of my favorite authors. I love the sweet love story with real characters and situations. I would recommend this book without reservation.
292 reviews
May 10, 2018
Be prepared for some tears...

This book ran the full emotional gamut. A devastating loss and the journey back to love brought both tears and smiles. A well-written and enjoyable book.
666 reviews3 followers
October 23, 2018
WOW!!!!!!

Wow!!!! What an incredible love story!!!!!!! Stratton and Leah have been through so much together. And to think that they come together again and get basically a "do-over" hopefully to get it right this time.
Profile Image for Gretchen.
290 reviews4 followers
January 21, 2019
The beginning of this story wasn’t my favorite and I wasn’t enjoying it. I am glad I stuck with it, though, because there was really a change further in; once the characters got over their prejudice and animosity, I enjoyed the story.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Sue Stinnett.
1,374 reviews4 followers
Finding Love

Absolutely outstanding book! I could not put it down and read it in one night. Wonderful romance with a touch of sadness so keep a box of Kleenex close by.
462 reviews
May 26, 2018
Pretty good book

This was a pretty good and enjoyable book to read. It was well written and moved along well. It was heartbreaking at times.
Profile Image for Brian Davis.
918 reviews4 followers
April 24, 2019
☺☺☺☺☺

My favorite in this series, this is a story about love in many forms, about powerful heartache and about moving beyond that.
Profile Image for Donna Campbell.
2,025 reviews13 followers
July 7, 2019
Loved it!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It touches on all of your emotions. I loved their relationship and the chemistry they had. This is a sweet, clean romance.
Profile Image for Pris.
620 reviews73 followers
December 7, 2021
I loved everything about this book, from the cover and blurb all the way to its final page. The Gift of Love is a beautiful story that deals with the subjects of love, loss, grief, and second chances. I loved the relationship between Leah and Stratton (referred to as "Dr. Levy" for the first half of the book), from how they met, those first impressions, to all the ordeals they had to go through to get their HEA.
This book has both the tropes of a marriage of convenience and second chances, so there's something for every romantic out there. The writing is so captivating you won't want to put it down, thanks to not only the sweet romance but also to the wonderful cast of characters (from Leah and Stratton's friends and family to even Aristotle and the precious moments with Denver). ~ 5 stars and absolutely recommended!
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews