Start by marking “Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 11” as Want to Read:
Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 11

Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 11 (Legion of Super-Heroes Archives #11)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Reprints material from Superboy(first series) numbered 203-212, where the Legion entered one of its memorable periods.
Published August 1st 2001 by DC Comics (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 11

Angela Rose
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I bought this primarily to replace issues that were lost when they were stored improperly, but also to fill in a few gaps in my early collection. Mike Grell was the Legion's penciller when I first started reading the line, and his interpretation of what the future looked like pretty much defined the Legion for me until Giffen took on the book.
Bob
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: legion-comics
Gems include "Massacre by Remote Control!", "Legion of Super-Executioners!", "Legionnaires Who Haunted Superboy", "Vengeance of the Super-Villains!", & "Who Can Save the Princess?".
Richard Goodman
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
On a snowy day (in March!), I sat down to read this collection of stories from the Legion Of Superheroes comics books. This was a series I had loved as a kid and I still have the original comics that I must have read dozens of times. I am happy to see them in a nice hardcover collection, because the pages are pristine, on nice paper rather than the newsprint paper from the comics, and the colors pop right out.

The stories feature one of my favorite comic artists- Mike Grell, who uses sleek lines
Joseph
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This archive collects most of the Mike Grell period of the Legion. Grell was later an artist on Green Lantern, his own series The Warlord, and later did a Green Arrow mini-series before becoming the writer on Green Arrow's first regular series. He also did Jon Sable, Freelance at First Comics. Grell followed Dave Cockrum's slick view of the 30th century, and also did his share of modifying costumes of the various Legionnaires. Perhaps his most (in)famous one was the bustier he designed for Cosmi ...more
Sean Brennan
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Mike Grell, was the first artist to bring DC Comics into the modern era, but still the standard of writing at this time was woeful.

'That strange, pulsating ring of energy - it's the only thing that's unusual'

Is an example of Cary Bates less than brilliant penmanship, thankfully the BRITISH WERE COMING and were about to revolutionise the whole comic book industry.

It was a step in the right direction, that some of the more absurd characters, were written out of the title such as Duo Damsel, Bounc
Timothy Boyd
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a huge LOSH fan. These collected volumes are prefect to be able to go back and read the older adventures of this Silver Age superhero team. Very recommended
Shannon Appelcline
Nov 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
The story by Bates are OK, but it's pretty impressive how far the maturity level goes up when a teen-aged Jim Shooter takes over writing.
David Smith
Herman
Dec 04, 2017
Dave
May 12, 2018

Legion of Super-Heroes Archives (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, Vol. 1